Gothic Burns

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1251  Edited By Maestro_

@surkit: @dark_vengeance_: TT has it's advantages and disadvantages, now the trial is in place, we'll see all of the disadvantages go away. After 30 days, do they outweigh the advantages? We will see.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@surkit:

I think Thoughty Thoughts just gives it a set point, where you can post a comment about comics, sports, anything and you'll most likely get a response from a random user which will possibly lead to you two interacting together in the future. But I guess that's just me that sees it that way.

I get. trust me though that's not something you need T T for. It comes with the territory of RPG. Nobody ever here has stayed in character and ignored OOC completely. There was a thread we used to use called Loner's and it we would talk OOC sometimes, and do everything you just said, but in few words. the majority of how we ended up writing together was going in hte thread Loner's which was a bar setting, and starting IC convos that led to big interactions. Me and Champion/Espada started writing together because of that thread and the mix of a little OOC with a lotta IC in one thread was why we started and continued to write together upto now. The trick is to keep the goal in mind while building OOC relationships. TT doesn't do that, it makes you focus on another subject unrelated to RPG and thats bfb.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit:

But Loner's is not active so we don't really have a thread like that anymore, to me Thoughty Thoughts is a necessary evil even if it breaks the rules, and not everyone starts writing relationships like that. Most of the time it starts with an OOC conversation but yeah maybe I'm wrong, we'll see in 30 days like Pyro said.

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit:

But Loner's is not active so we don't really have a thread like that anymore, to me Thoughty Thoughts is a necessary evil even if it breaks the rules, and not everyone starts writing relationships like that. Most of the time it starts with an OOC conversation but yeah maybe I'm wrong, we'll see in 30 days like Pyro said.

Most did actually. I've been here enough to see the majority of times people come together to write is when someone, new old, in between, just says anybody wanna write, someone steps up and says yeah and it goes from there. It's not much due to TT but people themselves willingness to write with someone they don't know. Most of the talk I see in there is between people who already know each other, saying nothing much that has to do with RPG, then getting bored but not wanting to leave the computer, so they say 'anybody want to do something?' then, they RPG. like the 30 day thread says, we got an off topic section. To put OT ahead of RPG in the rpg section is ass backwards :P

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_vengeance_: @surkit: You can revive owners simply by bumping the thread, if that's what you desire.

He said in his Thor voice. lmao

Nah I was just making a point. We do need a new version of Loner's though to fill that gap left by TT.

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit:

LOL.

It's not really filling the gap of TT... it's filling the gap of RPGers interacting with each other.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit: Like you said, you can kill two birds with one stone, volley posting allows RPGers to catch up and roleplay at the same. I miss those days.

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surkit is on point

_Sparrow_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1261  Edited By _Sparrow_

I fear not the Banhammer.

OOC Thought: I wanna RP in Brazil with Tails, but the "Locale Anonymous" thread doesn't seem like a good place to get into some random interaction. Don't know whether or not to make a location thread myself or just write another blog to continue his tale.

_Sparrow_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this is completely boring and depressing.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_sparrow_: make a thread I say ;) more locals the more sandboxes to play in I say

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Don't know whether or not to make a location

You should. I dont know how true this is for anyone else, but when I see a Blog post in the rpg forum I naturally assume its a one-shot, and not an opportunity for immediate interaction.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: "Amaranth was weak," Ziah let out a low growl, touching her finger to the communicator that had been given her for the war. "Invocation of his soiled name is no way to persuade me."

I scowled under my mask. Her attitude was like nails on a chalkboard. "Do you want this or not? If you don't want this, then we don't want you. We have no time to carry someone whose heart is not in the fight."

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a Re-Cap thread for this?

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owen_porter:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/rpg-9/summary-thread-gothic-burns-1548501/#185

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No_One_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Summary thread that stopped getting updates >.>

:P

Ziah_Darksong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ziah_darksong said:

@strigidae_23: "Amaranth was weak," Ziah let out a low growl, touching her finger to the communicator that had been given her for the war. "Invocation of his soiled name is no way to persuade me."

I scowled under my mask. Her attitude was like nails on a chalkboard. "Do you want this or not? If you don't want this, then we don't want you. We have no time to carry someone whose heart is not in the fight."

"Don't attempt to coerce me, human," the Lorian snarled. "I'll meet with you and we can talk business then. I'm busy here. If you haven't noticed, there's a war going on."

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1274  Edited By TheDemoGoblin

Rise and shine, Mr Crane. It's 7:30 in New York City, it's a sunny morning today. Your clothes are ready and prepared for you outside of your room.

"Mm..." the lights on Connor's room illuminated, and he could catch a glimpse of the sun beaming onto his window as his eyes adjusted to the bright lights. "Shut up..." Connor cut his AI butler off, and so it muted, and Connor turned his head to stare at his naked bed friend, a reporter he'd met last night. A smile filled his face, as he ran his palm around her bare back, and then he stood off of his bed, throwing on his clothes as he receives a call from his manager. "Hello, Mr Crane" his manager spoke.

"Yeah..." Connor responded. "Hey, what is it? Make it quick, I've gotta have my waffles for breakfast."

"I doubt they're your first priority. Switch your TV on and go through the news channels.'

'Sure... just a second." Connor didn't question, and he just switched on his wall LCD-TV in his 3rd living room, sitting down to watch, and instructed his AI to switch through all the news channel, until he found one that actually interested him. It was news on the mutants who were attacking Gothic City - the Arcani Mutants. "Oh my..." Connor's jaw begun to drop. "What is this."

"You're not going to join them are you?" his manager asked him.

"Oh, no... barely" Connor said. "You know, I'll call you later" and with that, he hung up. "Hey... butler" he spoke to his AI. "Get my armour prepared. I think I'll be taking a day off today. Call the board, tell them I wont be here and that I'm sick."

"But, sir..." the AI argued.

"But what? I'm the master here."

"Of course... I'll get it done."

No Caption Provided

"Good... I'll be in the weapons room."

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From above, Gothic City looked like junk from The Demo Goblin's eyes. The protest. The shouting. The Demo Goblin flew down and forward to the city, his glider riding him low and past several protestors, hanging their signs our. "Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!" The Demo Goblin flew in front of a group of protestors, who were all shocked by his menacing appearance. "Who are you!?"

Junk. Tomatoes. Apples. All those flew at him, and he threw his arms around his face to shield himself. "You... citizens, you better pray to god!" A grin painted on his face, but not necessarily an evil one. "He mightn't save you!"

"Mutant junk, I saw this guy on news!" One man cried, and Demo was pissed from their treatment to him. "Fine! I've got better things to do" his glider jet roared, and he flew off. "LEX, I need you to pull me up some information on someone" he tapped into his AI. "Yes?" his personal AI, LEX, responded.

"Troy... TROY WALKER!"

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From above, Gothic City looked like junk from The Demo Goblin's eyes. The protest. The shouting. The Demo Goblin flew down and forward to the city, his glider riding him low and past several protestors, hanging their signs our. "Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!" The Demo Goblin flew in front of a group of protestors, who were all shocked by his menacing appearance. "Who are you!?"

Junk. Tomatoes. Apples. All those flew at him, and he threw his arms around his face to shield himself. "You... citizens, you better pray to god!" A grin painted on his face, but not necessarily an evil one. "He mightn't save you!"

"Mutant junk, I saw this guy on news!" One man cried, and Demo was pissed from their treatment to him. "Fine! I've got better things to do" his glider jet roared, and he flew off. "LEX, I need you to pull me up some information on someone" he tapped into his AI. "Yes?" his personal AI, LEX, responded.

"Troy... TROY WALKER!"

Am I in trouble? 0_o

Avatar image for the_last_samurai
The_Last_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Goblin, it's a bird, it's a plane. No! It's the goddamn Dark Vengeance!

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Goblin, it's a bird, it's a plane. No! It's the goddamn Dark Vengeance!

No it's not, Dark Vengeance bailed on our interaction :p

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troy_walker:

I off panel got you to safety. I sorted it out with Az.

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_vengeance_: When were you planning to tell me? lol, everyone knows about my safety but me? :P

What about Troys' father though? Is he unaccounted for?

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troy_walker:

Don't use that tone with me young man. We talked about it yesterday with your mother and we agreed that you're too young to make decisions, now go to your room and finish your homework.

He's safe too.

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Connor Crane was a resourceful man, true. He could pull up several identities, he was good at that stuff, and so he'd expected he'd be able to track down his target - Troy Walker - with ease. This wasn't the case. Troy was good at keeping himself hidden. "Damn it, LEX, I need to find Troy" The Demo Goblin growled, flying through the air on his glider, a holographic interface on information about Troy floating over his arm. "May I ask why you're eager to do so" LEX responded in a non-demanding manor.

"That does not matter" The Demo Goblin was still angry. "Fine then. I guess I'll have to hunt down the information myself. The police station should have it somewhere. He's been behind bars before."

"If you insist" LEX's AI spoke. "I'll mark the station on your holographic map."

"Do so. I'll be right on it" his jets growled, as he flew off to the station.

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedemogoblin: I'll help you out, Troy's in a motel room away from Central Gothic, so it won't be on the GCPDs' records, but um, if you track down his phone records or something like that, you'll see he's made a reservation there thirty minutes before checking in.

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1287  Edited By TheDemoGoblin

@troy_walker:

Thanks, man. It's great to see people doing things to advance the plot.

The Goblin was sure he had to go to the station. He was going there to seek records. However, just as he lays his eyes on the station as he approaches, his AI, LEX, beeps, and begins to speak. "Sir" LEX's mechanically engineered voice speaks up. "There's no need for you to go to the station. Take a left."

The Goblin's glider jets howled, as he took a left turn. "What?" He asks, pissed.

"I didn't give up on trying to track down your target. Apparently, he checked into a hotel recently, away from Central Gothic. There's a phone call of him reserving a room there."

"Really?" The Goblin is now interested. "Just point me to the directions and I'll go there."

"Sure" LEX is now processing info. "Keep going straight and then take a right..."

After following coordinates from LEX, The Goblin reached his hotel, and he glided before it. "TROY WALKER! STEP OUTSIDE... NOW."

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedemogoblin: A thundering sound of a machine was loud above all else. Loud enough to wake up his resting father, and tear him away from his daydreams as he sat in a small wooden chair. The sound of an aircraft outside, someone must've caught up. "Dad, stay behind" he had no chance but to oblige, the Japanese man must've followed him to finish his business. Stepping outside the small room, Troy had to blink a few times to believe the scene behind him. A man on some futuristic glider, looking more like a beast. This is not the Japanese man. "Who are you!?" There was frustration in his voice, the voice of a teenage boy who'd had to endure the difficulties of a man in such a short span of time, and there was frustration, frustration that it wasn't over yet.

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troy_walker:

"Wakie! Wakie!" The Goblin hissed, his jets thundering. "I come here with a proposition. Are you interested in those?"

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1290  Edited By Troy_Walker

@thedemogoblin: A proposition? Troy wondered what this man could possibly have in mind, he was resisting the urge to shut his ears because of the thundering sound of the jets, but instead shouted loud over it "What type of proposition?"

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troy_walker:

"Weak" The Goblin chuckled. "Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! See, I know what type of man you are. What you wear. I'm... you're a lonely man. Just like I am. Just like I was. I'm forming a team to fight this threat. Let's just hope I didn't waste my time." The Goblin awaited for an answer. "Would you like to join?"

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troy_walker: Weak? If only this man knew what i've been through in just the past 48 hours..."Maybe you have, i'm not exactly a team player, and I doubt a man like me could even help" he wondered what threat the mysterious man was talking about, but maybe he was better off not knowing. He had chosen to embark on the quest of a vigilante, but joining a team might threaten that before it even begins.

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troy_walker:

"Don't be so naïve" The Goblin raised a fist. "You're not so smart for a man of your age. From what I've seen so far, you have use a little- oh, excuse me, A LOT of help. Help me end this war. Stand by my side. I'm not an enemy!"

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedemogoblin: The man was straight out of a comic, his voice itself taunting Troy. "What war? what threat?" He inquired, as his father exited the motel room to check out the commotion, no longer satisfied with staying idle. "Who the hell are you!?" Troys' father shouted, pointing a finger at the goblin. "Dad, get back inside" Troy warned, but his father stayed put, anger painted on his face.

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troy_walker:

"Will your s**t of a father be quiet?" The Goblin laughed, choosing to ignore the father, instead of prolonging his visit. "Have you been living under a rock, or have you been too busy taking a smoke?"

The Goblin seemed to view this as a joke. "Come, join me."

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedemogoblin: "I know who you are, the Demo Goblin. You mutant terrorist, you're the reason this city is now-" But Troy cut his father off by speaking louder "You still didn't answer my questions" he tested the goblin, his eyes firm, but his confidence was not as resolute as it appeared to be, and it showed in his eyes.

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@troy_walker:

"You know, don't you?" The Goblin speculated. "You're just playing games? I mean the attack from the Arcani Mutants. Now, decide. Will you join me?" The Goblin smiled.

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedemogoblin: "I just didn't think you'd attack your own kind" Troy replied, not very excited about the concept of fighting mutants, he had virtually no professional fighting practice. To do so would be suicide. "Do I have a choice?"

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1299  Edited By TheDemoGoblin

@troy_walker:

"We always have a choice" The Demo Goblin seemed to be quoting a certain someone, but he wasn't sure Troy knew who. "It's just there's always consequences. I'm a pacifist, you see. But If I'm attacked, I'll always fight back. I'll ask once... will you join me?" The Demo Goblin seemed to be laying an ultimatum of sorts.

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedemogoblin: Tested now as he stood, a pacifist, then I hope he won't mind this. "No deal. I appreciate that you're trying to combat mutant terrorists, but this is just as much for you as it is for me. I'll only slow you down, and get myself killed. I'm good enough to go against the Arcani, and that's my answer" he awaited the Goblins' response, waiting to see if his word was true.