Glade City [Open CVnU Living Locale]

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl
Glade City on a warm, partly cloudy Tuesday afternoon!
Glade City on a warm, partly cloudy Tuesday afternoon!

Glade City, a lustrous metropolis on the Pacific American coast, represents a hub of culture in a world gone wonky. Whether it has simply attracted little attention, or whether it has some secret defenses that are not well understood, Glade City appears to have an extremely low rate of violent crime. The economy is strong, mutant reports seem to be relatively low, and all in all, the cogs turn. A modest amount of tourism keeps currency flowing into the city as people come from all around the world to see the the sights -- from the lofty, clean buildings, to the lush streams and semi-tropical forests scattered through the city, to the massive waterfalls that keep the air clean and fresh.

Lush waterfalls draw visitors from all around the world!
Lush waterfalls draw visitors from all around the world!

The city's mayor is a woman named Tara Ravencourt, who always wears a smile and seems to love her job. When asked what makes Glade City such a beautiful gem of culture and safe, thriving community, we quote; "It's a lot of luck, I think! We've really been blessed with Glade City, and it's something I'm really honored to be able to share with the world." When asked how the city stays so safe at night, she answers with another question; "Why would someone want to destroy something so beautiful?"

Verdant, lush, sparkling, and bright, Glade City is a great place to find a job. The ever-expanding metro has enough new companies and businesses popping up every month to give thousands and thousands of high-profile jobs, from entertainment to business and everywhere in between.

A young woman enjoying the ambiance of a beautiful lake.
A young woman enjoying the ambiance of a beautiful lake.

Glade City is home to such landmarks as the Donovan Sisters' Entertainment Expo, the Bright Minds University, and the legendary Glade City Super-Mall. With amazing and diverse cuisine, state-of-the-art theater complexes, and plenty of lavish spas and other establishments to pamper yourself at, nobody leaves Glade City without feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

So, why wait? Come to Glade City today and find what you've been missing. Whether you're a sportsman, a hobbyist, just want to relax, or are looking to make your way in the world, you can find it right here!

Glade City -- The Greatest City on Earth!

OOC Stuffs!

• Standard CVnU rules apply, durrr.
  • Please PM me or one of my alts if you have thoughts or ideas for Glade City.
  • Please do not destroy Glade City. We have Expendaville for that.
  • If you plan to bring a villain character to Glade City, try to stay under the radar unless you have a specific storyline planned. Violent crime is not tolerated within the city limits.
  • Heroes, subtle villains, mutants, aliens, magical characters, and everything in between is welcome.
  • You do not need a reason to come to Glade City.
  • Have fun! ^_~
Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh lala!

Zeke_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's cute.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pretty :)

Penalty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Penalty

Awesome! Time for Penalty to do his thing!

No Caption Provided

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#6 wildvine  Moderator

Awesome Joy

_Sapphire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

I'll probs find a way here! Nice

Skysword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, nice work!

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing!

Natalia_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I may make this Thea's place of residence. Great job!

_Sapphire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She certainly would fit =s

GloomyIzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe she can meet up with Cassian, I'm considering making this his base of operations.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lovely!

SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_:

"Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-dah!" Lindsay shouted happily, humming the Thundercats theme as she hopped from skyscraper to skyscraper. This city was so beautiful! While her thigh still hurt a bit after her exodus from Gothic City, Lindsay Alexander -- better known as the heroine Snowbell -- was happier than ever! She'd gotten a new job here the first day working at a car wash that paid significantly better than the one in Gothic. The streets were clean and the air was fresh, and everything seemed right. She'd even taken some strays into her new apartment!

She didn't miss Gothic one bit. While this city may not have needed a hero, it damn well got one, and it would have to just deal with it! The city seemed so brightly-lit even at night, but with the high, lofty flats of Glade City's skyscrapers, she felt safe from prying eyes, more than able to patrol in peace.

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Rose_
SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_rose_: [ She deserves it hehe, she's been through a lot! ]

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweetsnowbell: ( Indeed she has, poor girl!

And amazing work on the city! ^_^ )

SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_rose_: [ Thankiesh. :3 *wigglewiggle* ]

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeke_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it allowed to be sad around here? >___>

SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeke_: Sure. Anyone who wants to be sad can be sad. Just the city itself is not gloomy, run-down, half-destroyed, and rife with crime.

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zain_

@sweetsnowbell:

Glade City was no Gothic, and Zain, a currently lost individual -- Felt right at home. He hadn't exactly fled Gothic City, but rather, decided to visit a less troubled area for his patrols. In truth Zain wasn't even a hero for the heroic side of heroism, rather, it was the only thing he was capable of doing half decently. Quintus Knightfall had taught him to fight, Gothic City had taught him to survive, but he had never been taught how to live -- At least, conventionally.

Soaring through the air and carried by his own superhuman prowess, gracefully jumping from building to building as though some amazing architect had constructed these skyscrapers and flats just for the energetic heroes of the world. Quickly, his super hearing was alerted to an adorable sound, glancing all around and using his almost sonar-like hearing to dash to whatever was humming the theme tune to something he'd once heard, although never watched, having been forsaken his childhood by Charlemagne murdering his parents.

Whoa.

He thought, catching sight of the sexiest heroine he had ever seen.

Was she a hero? Who cared! She was hot, and he was a teenager... Typical.

Blasting off of a building and performing a stunning mid-air dive, he rolled upon another building, trying to catch whoever this woman was, and see what she was about. He hadn't seen her before. And even if she was faster, he knew this City like the back of his palm, undertaking a few shortcuts, he hoped to pop out in front of her, at at least, near enough to shout. "Hey!" He called, trying to grab the cutely dressed girls attention.

Zeke_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zeke_
SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_:

"Thunder-Thunder-Thunder-Thunder Snow! Thunder-Thunder-Thunder-Thundeeeer Sno-- eek!" Snowbell did a 180 when she suddenly heard a sound coming from right in front of her, her momentum lurching to a halt and sending the latex-clad heroine landing flat on her backside. When she saw that the voice came from a masked man she quickly scrambled to her feet, narrowing her eyes and assuming a comically defensive posture.

"Watch out, crime! Justice has a new name, and that name's Snowbell! And justice has claws!" With a feral little "nyeow!" she extended her claws from her gloved fingertips, holding them in front of her and crouching slightly, her backside swaying from side to side like a cat about to pounce. "I don't wanna send you to the hospital, but I will if I have to!"

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zain_

@sweetsnowbell:

Landing down upon the rooftop with a thud, Zain instantly burst into an amused chuckle as Snowbell fell onto her backside, folding his arms and shaking his head, the martial artists took a single step forward, raising an eyebrow. "You're cute," he winked, unfolding his arms and outstretching palm, offering it to the energetic woman to help her up. "Don't worry. The name's Zain, Glade City's resident hero." He tilt his head to the side, gawking at the woman's... Assets."Justice just got sexier, that your motto?" Zain grinned.

SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SweetSnowbell

@zain_:

Glade City's resident hero?

Screaming internally.

"Resident... hero... but I'm supposed to be the resident hero! This city has another hero? But..." Snow huffed pathetically, flailing her arms. "But justice has a name and... and it's Snowbell not... not Zain...."

The statuesque hero exhaled hard through her nose, folding her arms across her chest and seeming to ignore, or possibly miss, the comments on how cute she was. A whole childhood of being "the dorky one" had trained her to filter out such comments -- as, in her experience, they had always been directed towards someone else.

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zain_

@sweetsnowbell:

"Well, Snowbell," the teenager grinned, slowly walking around the cat-themed heroine, "there are always other heroes. That's one of the good things about heroics," he nodded, "always a friend to help you out in a time of need." Standing a little closer and walking back in front, he folded his arms too, looking up into her eyes, she was a little taller. "So you're new, huh? How long you been a hero for then?" He smiled, less flirtatiously and more warmly. "If you're really new, it's good you chose Glade City... And not Gothic, wouldn't wanna see such a cutie get hurt," teasing, and once again, his flirts came back.

SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SweetSnowbell

@zain_:

Snowbell's eyes turned down at the mention of Gothic, flinching -- her hand instinctively moving down to her thigh. There were still marks where her costume had been torn and stitched back up. "I just came from there," she said, her voice quickly growing distant. She swallowed hard, her eyes getting misty and not meeting Zain's. "I got... hurt there. That's why I came to Glade City. I needed to be somewhere that needed a hero a little bit..." she paused, inhaling. "...Less."

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_: @sweetsnowbell: Bother if I drop a post? Not for you guys to answer, just... Well, character-building =P

SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_: Well if we're not answering, how can we say no? It's your character :P

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweetsnowbell:

With a soft sigh, Zain's entire demeanor shift from overbearingly coquettish to more compassionate, having felt pain and suffering more times than he could honestly count. "Snow," he said, wondering what type of horrible ordeal she was forced through. "It's okay to be a little scared, I've been in Gothic before -- That was were I fled..." He bit his tongue. "...That was were I learnt to be a hero. It was tough, and for what it's worth," looking up, trying to gain eye contact. "I'm sorry that Gothic gave you a rough time. But hey, at least you found this place! Wanna go beat up some bad guys?" He grinned, "Nothing better than solving your troubles with punching a few people..."

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_:

"Y-yeah, maybe... but does this place even have crime? I haven't seen anyone or anything until you showed up here." She shuffled awkwardly, squeezing her arms around herself and kicking her feet along the loose gravel of the rooftop, chewing her lip. After the Dark Woman she was terrified to try to fight again, and a lump formed in her throat each time she even thought about that night and the fear she had felt. The pain and terror. Could anyone even be that horrible? Had Lindsay jumped the shark?

"Yeah, let's... um... let's fight crime." She tried to smile, but it wasn't genuine. Her mind had wandered back to that dark place and needed time to get back out of it.

MrYashimora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im living here
:)

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By _Glacier_

@zain_: @sweetsnowbell:

Teenage love. Swimmingly turned into obsession, filling any emptiness with most lovely thoughts of sheer passion. She was perfect for him, she saw what most didn't, beneath that hyperborean mass of ice, there was still an insecure, shy and reckless boy, struggling against his imminent end by the hands of his own mutation.

He slid through the streets, that discourse reverberating betwixt that frigid brain of his, a goofy smile crossing his visage, semi-opened. "Hey, heh, I don't know how to say this, but..." He practiced, shrugging off the horrendous approach to his imaginary Snowbell. "Damn, too cheesy." Frowning, his hand seized tightly the bouquet of carmine roses he had bought. Not an expert on the matter of dating nor love, yet since he had heard about how injured she was... And him, the Iceman, Gothic's infamous Popsicle-Man, was playing hero at the Justice League's base... That hurt him badly and severely, more than anything could have.

He believed it was time.

All the news pointed toward one direction: Glade City, and so he did his reverse-freezing and simply poofed there. Fans did the rest, Twitter, Facebook, fangirling yells. He tracked those, pinpointing precisely the location she could be encountered in. Oh, the scent of love was in the air.

One more turn, it should be a surprise.

One more step.

One more.

Again.

Then it hit him like a truck, overwhelming any hopes he had with undeniable sore and envy, she acted all innocent, all... Cute. To that masked?! That was outrageous to say the least. The carmine began to transmogrify into turquoise, icy turquoise. Not by will, but by the simply fact he felt colder. His temperature dropped along with his succumbing heart. She was the one, wasn't she? She was the one that... No, it seemed she wasn't his one. Not the one to hold his hand. Not the one to ultimately cure him from a monotonous and meaningless existence. No. She had her lucky boy already. A tear would drop if it wasn't by Icicle's orthodox good-boy behavior. He gulped sadness, closed his eyes and vanished out of thin air.

And with the remaining gelidness of the air, emotions dissipated while cold thrived.

(Yep, that was it. Thanks for letting me do this sh*t, now I can focus on power development rather than emotions and write something more depressive.)

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh this is very well written :)

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice city. Would be a beautiful place for a character to live

SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_: [ Aww, poor little Glacier. I'd feel bad for him if he wasn't blowing things out of proportion so excessively, lol. Also if he had actually been there for Snow in her time of duress. ]

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweetsnowbell: (He is ice, everyone sees him like ice, he knows it. He finally found a girl that supposedly saw through that... He has a reason to blow it =P I woulda been there if someone called meeeeeeeeeee.)

_Splits_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_: Did Glacier meet Snowbell already? :o

*goes to check Gothic's pages*

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_: Cool! And no, that's not a ice joke =P

But yeah, it sure seems like he's overreacting O-o

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: My ice characters abide by a rule.

"Soul is the extension of the body."

If he gets sad, he gets colder exteriorly and interiorly.

Add that to the fact every girl sees him as a pile of ice and you have your answer.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_: Yeaaahhh

And if he sees a girl he likes talking to anybody else he immediately gets depressed and icy? >.>

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: The girl he likes? All bubbly like that around the dude? And right after he wasn't there when she was beaten?

Yeah. It only aggravates his guilt. He's not mad at her, he's mad at himself. And I needed a reason to use AoA Iceman and dig into his powers =P

I need to stop spoiling this sh*t.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_: Isn't Snowbell bubbly around everyone? >.>

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers