• 66 results
Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crazy_Eights

Alright I've decided to pull crazy or of retirement. But I'm a bit lost on powers there's so many to choose from.

So lets make it easy, you lot pick. Eight powers, eight names, eight personalities. Lets see what you guys got.

Cooler doesn't mean better. Weirder the better in my book.

@the_psyentist: @pyrogram: @warsman: @the_super_sapien:

Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Warsman

@crazy_eights:

No Caption Provided

Flesh manipulation.

To be able to alter the salts, fibers, and other compounds found in organic muscle tissue.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bone armory healing factor combo. He can shoot his fingers, make claws with his knuckles, and make reinforced bone dense armor exit his body. Weakness is a need for calcium constantly or he becomes brittle

Gotham ripoff

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Warsman
No Caption Provided

Pulsing Sound

Able to manipulate sound waves, but only at the same tempo as the user's heartbeat. Forced increases in heart rate can increase the effectiveness of the sound waves, but is not suggested.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Warsman
No Caption Provided

Electrokinetic Magic

Able to perform powerful spells, but only if the spells are properly influenced by a wicked riff on a functioning electric guitar.

Vinicius_Corvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vinicius_Corvo

Just don't make him overpowered like 75% of all the characters here.

Have a believable weakness or vulnerability. It's more fun to get your ass beat but get back up than to never get touched at all.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinicius_Corvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oral-centered metal-generation

The ability to bring forth all kind of metallic substances (copper, steel, silver, etc.) or structures (forks, crowbars, weapons, etc.) through your mouth. Essentially this is not only the ability to throw up weapons but you could also use it for keys and other useful things.

Wiseguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wiseguy

@crazy_eights:

No Caption Provided

Rubble Animation.

Break stuff, then create minions from the rubble and ruin. Since destruction is inevitable in super brawl then why not simply weaponise the environment to create multi-purpose minions [shield\decoy\drone]. Limitation being that you have to be involved in creating the ruin [directly or indirectly]. So if you were to blow up a skyscraper using bombs then you can 'reanimate' the debris to create a big-ass golem, whatever this golem smashes can be made into more minions or even unite with the big golem.

:)

hope it helps

Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I like alot of these LOL

_WildChild_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have a believable weakness or vulnerability. It's more fun to get your ass beat but get back up than to never get touched at all.

Huh.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for the_superior_sapien
The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

At the risk of starting something....this is silly.

A: Overpowered is subjective and your percentages are made up

B: You dont need vulnerabilities or weakness in order to sell getting your ass kicked. And just cause someone does doesnt mean they will. Getting your ass beat on here is less about powers and more about the user's ability to take a hit.

XDespairX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien: I think he is exaggerating these 75% to bring his point across. Agreeing with you not wanting to start something but there were actually times when I had the same impression. It seems to be better now (can't judge too thoroughly since it's not such a long time since I returned) but in the past this percentage FELT accurate.

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@despair_: Naturally, but again, whats Overpowered? In his post he equated being Overpowered with never being touched or getting your ass beat. Only thats not a power issue, its a user issue. I'd also be more inclined to agree with the overall statement if not for the simple fact that up until recently everyone was complaining that ALL the characters were Street Level/Low Tier, and those with High Tier characters felt obligated to sell a loss or risk being called a God-Modder.

XDespairX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien: From my personal perspective I usually start someone being overpowered when he has a power list with really powerful powers longer than my arm (super strength in the 1.000.000+ ton range, more than lightspeed superspeed, complete and total invulnerability plus 100% psychic resistance, omega level tk, tp and reality warping and other things combined, yeah sadly I've seen this) while simultaneously being immune to everything and having power negation himself.

I've seen powerful characters written really well (Final Arrow or Mercy's Whisper account for example) but at the same time I have seen people massively over-compensating thinking they are the better writers because they came up with a "kewl powerz" combo that was unable to beat. It's the nature of the Vine that we mix vastly different power levels but somehow we have to manage. The best rpgers in ym eyes are those who know when and how to sell believably. Never said it is easy but this is how it is. When everybody was creating gods I had to step up my game with Risky too and in the end I beat Syapt in the KOV.

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@despair_: Thats alot of powers but in the hands of someone who sells, it shouldnt, wouldnt, matter. Just like in reverse, just cause someone is human and has one power doesnt mean they wont act as if they're invulnerable and avoid taking damage. Which is my point, you can have a thousand different powers and not be overpowered cause all you do with the character is help put people over or you know how to sell. You can have one power and be the most indestructible mofo on the Vine cause you simply refuse to take a loss. Which is why I dont believe in the notion of "Overpowered." I believe in the notion of, "Do they sell or dont they sell."

There's also the simple fact that we all shouldn't conform to one base-line stat. Talk about boring. We need pockets of Dimension Altering Speedsters just as much as we need Domino level characters, or Batman level characters, etc. Freedom to make your character as weak or as strong as you want. And if a character outclasses you then so be it. Craft a story around it, or dont fight them.

@despair_ said:
The best rpgers in ym eyes are those who know when and how to sell believably.

Right, but we're not talking about what we consider to be the best rpgers, we're discussing the idea of "Overpowered." But yes, selling believably is the key. Selling is what I'm talking about. Dont blame the powers for someone not taking hits or losing, thats a mental issue within the actual user. Or it could be that there character is High Tier and they shouldnt be forced into selling to a character so far outside their class. Pick your battles carefully would be my advice. But dont put limits on what and how many abilities to give your character. Just use them intelligently.

Wiseguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keeping on track with the topic here is one that is rarely used

Plastic shaper

Plastic is an everyday material that can be found everywhere, from trash on the ground to clothes and even the insides of cars. On the hands of an assassin they can be a nice murder tool, however on non-violent types they can be used to bind things as well. Plastic can be changed into toys to be hidden from authorities, and they are ubiquitous.

XDespairX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien: Well, in the end it looks like we kind of agree on the "sell factor". Interestingly enough I have seen this lacking rather on the (ridiculously) high powered side of the equation. Again not saying ALL high powered characters are low- to non-sellers (actually with LstPaladin, Arrow and others we had great counter-examples int he past) or that ALL street levelers sell perfectly. It's just harder to to sell believably and still be part of the story for street-levelers and you have to be more creative when you can blast whole blocks without help and easier to use your powers to excuse no-selling.

The freedom to create characters like we want is something that ties me to this site after all. I've written my way around so many god-characters and can be proud of it (as can you obviously). But I simply remember too many rpgs that went to hell because someone had to make a nearly-unbelievable character and had his way witht he story like with a 2 $ prostitute (this one for example). The problem is (once again and this is where we agree) some power-hungry dwerp who has to be in everything and can't sell and that is more common in the high powers league because it is so much easier.

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@despair_ said:
The problem is (once again and this is where we agree) some power-hungry dwerp who has to be in everything and can't sell and that is more common in the high powers league because it is so much easier.

The Ebola Virus of the Vine right there

XDespairX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XDespairX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien: Thanks but it will probably only as long till I have a new main job. But I try to make the best of the time till then. :) Good to see you, too.

XDespairX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazy_eights: Oh, and I think the ability to break the fourth wall has never been done here before.

(With the exception of Man Of Forever who did not stick to it for long.)

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazy_eights: 8 different powers for 8 different personalities. Essentially a personality disorder that yields exclusive abilities dependent upon which ever personality is in control of C8

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@despair_ said:

@the_superior_sapien: Thanks but it will probably only as long till I have a new main job. But I try to make the best of the time till then. :) Good to see you, too.

badass!

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazy_eights: 8 different powers for 8 different personalities. Essentially a personality disorder that yields exclusive abilities dependent upon which ever personality is in control of C8

I almost ran with something like this for a character once. Except not the number eight. Just, like a few.

In the end I didn't run with it, but I did take the DID and put it into Katja.

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutthroatbitch: As I was typing it I actually thought, "This sounds like some'n Zaubs would play with."

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XDespairX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien: Got any piers you would like to see crazy have?

I've def got some ideas from you guys.

@despair: Got any ideas for me

Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Donara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Donara
Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far I like the rubble, sound, bone, plastic, and gunfires abilities.

Just two more really odd or cool ones

Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plus flesh one was cool too

Donara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe mimic like Mystique?

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien said:

I almost ran with something like this for a character once. Except not the number eight. Just, like a few.

In the end I didn't run with it, but I did take the DID and put it into Katja.

I thought that was what he was doin lol

I had an idea kinda like that. Only he'd have his personality but his attitude would change and his abilities depending on which drug he inhaled, snorted, injected, ate.

Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

James_Vantu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazy_eights: That seems kinda useless since your blows would be enhanced by the momentum anyways, also not that practical unless in a high-speed battle.

Donara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea. Can or cannot be combined with superspeed.

Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_: Yeah kinda like freight train.

Alright I've got my powers thank you guys for the ideas

Donara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The power to say something and it happens, but only if that thing is nonsensical and completely stupid.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazy_eights: That seems kinda useless since your blows would be enhanced by the momentum anyways, also not that practical unless in a high-speed battle.

Dudes got eight powers. If I get his direction he can pick and choose the best one to fit the situation.

James_Vantu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_: Just saying that super-strength while running is not that useful. I would understand superhuman-durability or reflexes or something that could actually come to use.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@james_vantu: In general situations nah, but in a specific one, most likely.

Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@james_vantu: I agree to that as well. Perhaps something akin to Jugghead.

So heres what I got now for powers.and personas.

Main personality ala the Original is Velvett, her power is over Plastic.Since nearly everything on earth man made (and the substances that come from the earth) has plastic in it. She can transform these plastic ridden things into weapons or tools. She is an assassin, trained by the government so this power comes in handy

Plastic shaper

Plastic is an everyday material that can be found everywhere, from trash on the ground to clothes and even the insides of cars. On the hands of an assassin they can be a nice murder tool, however on non-violent types they can be used to bind things as well. Plastic can be changed into toys to be hidden from authorities, and they are ubiquitous

The other personas come from a fractured mind, because of government augmentation her mind has been fractured. Splitting into eight different personalities.

Guen-Able to absorb light create hard light constructs. Fast Talking and bubbly personality

Jeffery-Once in motion cannot be stopped, and upon stopping of his won free will he is invulnerable for approx two hours. Super Strength, Durability, and Reflexes are pushed to extremes during these two hours. Jeff is an asshole

Gustav-Able to touch any form of debris from a destruction that he or body has caused,and transform it into a living sentient creature. Gustav is a very calm personality

Rubble Animation.

Break stuff, then create minions from the rubble and ruin. Since destruction is inevitable in super brawl then why not simply weaponise the environment to create multi-purpose minions [shield\decoy\drone]. Limitation being that you have to be involved in creating the ruin [directly or indirectly]. So if you were to blow up a skyscraper using bombs then you can 'reanimate' the debris to create a big-ass golem, whatever this golem smashes can be made into more minions or even unite with the big golem.

Susy-Able to transmute anything she touches into a weapon and or ammo for weapons on hand. Turning the object (organic or inorganic) into pure energy that can be used as a weapon. Personality is that of a young child with wild temper tantrums

Duncan-Flesh Manipulation, able to manipulate his and others flesh. Capable of being a tactic used in minor wounds and flesh loss. Cannot regrow whole body parts, but can be allowed to heal all other forms of wounds. This personality is unhinged and prone to random and violent outbursts

Flesh manipulation.

To be able to alter the salts, fibers, and other compounds found in organic muscle tissue

Doc-Bone Manipulation. Able to manipulate the bones within body in defensive and offensive ways. Doc tends to be rather silent and reclusive, rarely coming out directly rather speaks internally than outwardly to others.

Bone armory healing factor combo. He can shoot his fingers, make claws with his knuckles, and make reinforced bone dense armor exit his body. Weakness is a need for calcium constantly or he becomes brittle

Simmons-Sound Manipulation. Able to control and manipulate the sound waves given from heart beat. Only able to manipulate the sound waves given off from heart, but can force the heart to beat faster with outside means. Strongly advises against this on each use. Simmons is a very combative yet at sometime loving personality.

Pulsing Sound

Able to manipulate sound waves, but only at the same tempo as the user's heartbeat. Forced increases in heart rate can increase the effectiveness of the sound waves, but is not suggested.