Ghost - STRIKE RPG

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hours, minutes, seconds of submergence. Beneath steadied waters, stiffened at the neck, bare of noise and discomfort does she find peace amidst outside distress. It's only in the safety of solitude that worry fades away, the warmth of the sun being the reminder of life beyond the silence.

"GASP!" Her body violently ejects from the grasp of mental lock down, emerging from the shallow dead pool to greet the air her lungs are owed. In act of self-preservation she pushes her shortened hair aside, making way for parted breaths to catch their stride.

"Oh my god! Miss Troy, are you okay?" It takes her a second to fully comprehend the question at hand, not through any fault of memory loss, but having been momentarily separated from reality left her absent minded and a bit aloof.

"I'm okay," she retorts firmly, a wave of reassurance overcomes the worried hotel employee as she places a single hand onto his forearm, gently caressing the strained muscle with a believable sense of candor as she looks upward with glimmering violet eyes. "I promise."

Helena Troy, American tourist visiting Greece to reconnect with her ancestral heritage. She's often called a princess by her relatives and can be very headstrong when it comes to matters of the heart and friendship. With hair as dark as the night's sky and skin bathed by the sun's grace; she sounded like the perfect cover for a woman in need of a new identity.

"Now, could you be a dear and fetch me some wine," she feels like a Queen from the commiseration of the Grand Resort Lagonissi, her every whim catered too despite having no card or cash to appease them with. It's a blessing to have ever expense handled by someone other than herself, every bill sent straight too the man whom sent her here....Thomas Newscastle.

"I'd be very thankful," Despite the situation that brought on this occurrence, namely the genocide caused by a warmongering terrorist and the coup it allowed from her former Vice President, the now named Helena Troy didn't allow herself to be bothered by the betrayal too much.

In truth, with her powers instability going through the proverbial roof due to her continued use in manipulating the American people, it was only a matter of time before the veil fell and the realization behind her ascension into power came to light. With that in mind, she bowed out and allowed herself a sound defeat from the intellectual mechanisms of Animus so long as precautions were made to ensure her son, Troy, was protected in the absence of his mother's looming presence.

----------------------------------------------------

"You're a b*tch just like your mother," the bullying never ceased to exist regardless of where his dad set up shop. From Hoboken to Brooklyn to Gothic City, Troy hated attending school ever since becoming the human supremacist president's son.

"I heard his dad's a mutant. Kind of makes your mom an even faker b*tch." No amount of fortune could prevent the verbal lashings and physical altercations that haunted his life. Instead he takes the punishments like a trooper, believing himself to be somewhat responsible for the privilege he represents in spaces where others' don't.

"So, I guess you never had a chance. Am I right punk?" Troy listens to the remarks made by the scorned children of culturally appropriated mutants made fashion trends, aware of their grievances and unknowing of a proper rebuttal. In spite of their understandable rage, he clutches his ribs, inching away from his attackers, too weak and too scared to strike back.

------------------------------------------------------

S.T.R.I.K.E Headquarters

PING!

A file labeled classified appears on Director Gallagher's computer, detailing all the events attached to the former POTUS.......including her alleged demise and private flight outside the United States to Athens, Greece that correlates with her funeral service and the subsequent ascendance of Thomas Newscastle to Presidency.

PING!

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

H.A.T.V England

No Caption Provided

“I need a status report ASAP” on her command the agents on deck scrambled to compile the information she request. While now over, the events of the Cataclysm proved to be way more than the Irish born Director signed on for. The stress was personified by the lightly “salted” patches of her once thick onyx tinted hair.

S.T.R.I.K.E. The organization was still recovering from the damage and resources used to fend off the Talmut invasion; they’d made significant progress in deciphering what they could and could not use Quantonium for. Because of the amount of time required to remobilize, Ruby decided to keep STRIKE out of the battle of Kansas as well as the war brewing in the Middle East.

Her ears perked at the hollow sound of her door opening, half turning, her eyes rest upon Agent Norfleet, the communications technician. “Yes, Agent Norfleet?” She asked somewhat puzzled as to why SHE was here.

“Well Special Agent Hollins and Special Agent Crews are having a “shake it off” dance off” Ruby’s eyebrow involuntarily shot skyward, she knew asking would draw an instant headache; so for now she opted not to.

“The Quantonium we discovered in London has finally stabilized; the lab techs have begun putting it to practical use. Agent Barnes, as per your command has been temporarily reassigned to work that project, Along with Commander Stacy overseeing it.”

“That was really just to keep her out of my face” Ruby grumbled, descending the steps en route to Norfleet. “Any word on the situation in Kansas?” Ruby asked, scrolling through the clipboard for references.

“Full on Invasion tons of forces at battle including the Atlantis. Maverick has their forces engaged both there and in Egypt, and we’ve seemed to lost vitals on Maya Liafador” Norfleet continued, causing Ruby to release another agitated sigh.

“How is she one of the most powerful, yet still one of the weakest members of the team? Anything else?”

“Yes, Your evaluation is due, and you have unread messages at your private terminal.” Norfleet reported, before exiting through the massive doors.

“That Evaluation can suck it.” She said, pouring herself a glass of Johnnie Walker Scotch, before sitting at her desk to check her messages.

“What…is this…?” Ruby grumbled with her hands steepled, her eyes focusing intently on the information at hand. “I’m so fcking tired of people hacking my damn terminal…I never went public with my command of STRIKE, and everyone seems to know where to find me.”

She grumbled, but what struck her as odd was the plethora of receipts from Washington to Gothic, and the copious amounts of money being currently spent in the financially unstable Greece. “I’ll be damned…” She whispered, again the file had no tag; but it was clear whom was being talked about in the message. “President Pierce” Ruby muttered, taking a small sip of her scotch before leaning back in her chair. For whatever reason, the White House was sending large amounts of money to Gothic City—then it stopped abruptly.

Ruby also found out instead of dying, President Pierce had been incognito in Greece the entire time; living her life free of responsibility for her hand in the Paradise Island incident. Her mind immediately went to thinking of a way she’d be able to detain Pierce. The shoe in, Maya Liafador; was currently in a coma for her involvement in the Battle of Kansas. To detain Pierce; they’d have to throw the bulk of STRIKE at her.

“Agent Norfleet, set a course for Greece, I’m sending you an email I want disseminated amongst the team. Have Maverick follow the paper trail in Gothic…I have a feeling it’ll come I handy. Keep s in stealth drive until everyone reports in.”

“Yes, Director Gallagher”

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@embargo:

Raeyn soon reported into the office, he did not exactly have far to go. "Director, ma`am." He said, tipping his hat just slightly as he approached.

No Caption Provided

"Your email suggested something important was amiss and that I was to report in." He said, resting his rifle over one shoulder. "So here I am. I was looking at the news feeds, are we heading toward the Middle East or has some other issue arose? I'm ready for whatever we're needed for, my temporal reserves have stabilized, unfortunately my power reach is still limited to touch, but that will change as I feed. So...what can I do to be of use?" He asked.

Raeyn had largely kept to himself after the Cataclysm with a few exceptions. Once a regular in the commons he now seemed to shun it, probably because he felt that others in the team were intending to shun him. His welcome back had not felt very welcoming and he continued to believe that he was not trusted. With the Time Siphon Civil War now blazing across large portions of the Universe, he doubted that would improve any time soon.

Avatar image for kaylen_knightfall
Kaylen_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timesiphon: @embargo:

Underneath him, his legs were folded, knees rested on the soft, wooden floor by a nurturing fireplace whose lurid glow adorned Kaylen's eyes of mesmeric, emerald green. A smirk, subtle yet wicked in swagger at the corners of his mouth, curled, gracing his features of European charm with a quiet, enigmatic appeal. There was a flat, rectangular wooden board before him, and on it, a washi Japanese paper. He gazed upon it, running his fingers through his hair, silky smooth, medium in length, and the same shade of mahogany brown as his mother's. Then his smirk, Don Juan in flair, gave way to a smile, the rich and sweet scent of Gyokuro 'Jade Dew' green tea enticing him from the black 'chawan' tea bowl on his right.

He'd always been fascinated by the cultures of others. Japanese culture, exotic in its identity, was no different. A born and raised artist first, Knightfall second, Kaylen plugged a pair of 'Beats' earphones into his ears and searched for inspiration from Glass Animals''Gooey'. Lined with smooth hip hop basslines, subtle tropical timbres, gorgeous, slinky falsettos and a slow, simmering groove that embodied its name 'Gooey', the song was a seductive, body-moving melody that swayed the senses, guided the hips, charmed the ears, and inspired the mind. Entranced by the song's chorus, the 21st Century Saber's art project began.

'My, my simple sir, this ain't gonna work'

'Mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs'

'I can't take this place,no I can't take this place'

'I just wanna go where I can get some space'

He reached for the inkstick and inkstone, his mind welcomed an image and he brought it to reality, grinding the inkstone over the inkstone for its black ink. Years of practicing brush strokes had left his ink flow and brush movement refined beyond perfection. With his hand, a single stroke produced captivating variations in tonality. And as he painted, shifting from deep black to silvery gray, he shaded over the washi Japanese paper, not for a mere dark-light arrangement, but as the foundation for a beautiful nuance in tonality. Another brushstroke and he varied the ink load and pressure. He painted first, a flower, a purple rose. He made no effort to perfectly match its petals and colors. Instead, he expressed its liveliness and fragrance. And the scenery in the background? It was made, almost imaginary.

Kaylen's style of art, it evoked the beauty belonging to tropical regions revered for their magnificence, but retained independence, its own identity. On the washi paper, he used the fewest possible lines and tones, leaving just enough to cause form and allow the texture and effect to be fully experienced by those who would gaze upon it. His every brush-touch was charged with meaning and lacked unnecessary detail. And as he concluded his work, it was a painting whose form of expressionistic art captured the unseen. Then his phone, it vibrated, alerted him to an e-mail from S.T.R.I.K.E. He unplugged his earphones and upon reading it, disappeared in a cloud of smokey gray that too vanished. He was gone. A mass of gas particles moving at blistering speeds streamed through the air until he popped into the H.A.T.V.

There he was no longer smoke. Physical once more, he strode forward, pausing some feet from Director Ruby and one of the many teammates, the Time Siphon, he'd yet to meet. He greeted both with a subtle inclination of the head before voicing his curiosity with the e-mail. "Director Ruby, I read over the e-mail. Tis an interesting scenario this", his soft, Catalan inflection hanging in the air, "That the former President Pierce is in fact alive. What is your gameplan for her?".

_Chimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The light sounds of thin kevlar reinforced boots tapped rhythmically against the metallic floor as a low male voice whispered song lyrics perfectly in tune with the melody.

"I can't get no….Sat-is-fac-tion…."

The tone in his voice was simultaneously joyous, yet ominous. The strange habit was unnerving to those that had worked with the crimson archer in the past, but it was a quirk that he could not seem to overcome no matter how much effort he put into it. Bobby Pierce, or Chimera as he was more commonly known as, was one of the most recent additions to S.T.R.I.K.E, and was likely one of the youngest being only at 17.

Having a distorted upbringing at the hands of a splinter government organization, he remained a care free and even reckless young man who eventually turned to thievery on the streets of Noc Haven. Reluctant at first to be recruited into the elite group of operators, let alone any sort of 'team', his only motive was to remain close to Vocal. Being raised in a facility with no family nor friends, Vocal was the first and only person he could relate to as a friend and has since perceived her as an older sibling of sorts. He still remained a tad unpredictable and a wild card of sorts despite this friendship.

"I can't get no….Sat-is-"

A small pinging sound beeped from the thin steel gauntlet at his wrist as the screen lowly lit up with a message. His eyes darted downwards while he brought the display closer to his field of vision, quickly skimming the information. He smirked at the email before turning his feet in a 90 degree pivot and walking in a entirely new direction.

"….Cause I try….and I try…."

Cutting himself off shortly he calmly strutted into the Director's office with his red bow twirling flawlessly in between his scarred and callous finger tips. The weapon was comprised of a combination of unknown substances and flowed like weightless water in his expert grip. Another obnoxious tick that he could't stop whenever he was eager for the next task. He glanced sideways and realized he was neither late nor the first person to have arrived.

The Time Siphon looked to have been armed for war with his rifle ready and perhaps even loaded. On the other side of the office was a mysterious man as small, almost unnoticeable traces of smoke was dissipating around him. Chimera knew nothing of either of these 'allies' nor did he bother to find out. You can only learn so much from what you see or read, but you can learn almost everything from the way they fight.

"Well….former President Pierce is still breathing?"

He paused gathering his thoughts and let out a small chuckle realizing the similarities between their names.

"No relation by the way."

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Maverick_6

@embargo:

Bradshaw had been stationed out in the middle east for quite some time, assigned by Maverick to combat the higher level extra-normal threats that resided in the area. S.T.R.I.K.E was idle, but Bradshaw remained part of the team, and employed by his corporation at the same time. However, he often stood by for calls from his other team at all times, and though the middle east was important, there were thousands of other ENCU present within the middle east and many thousand more soldiers deployed with them, mostly suffering no casualties. They did not rely solely on the man to get things done, and they were a fighting force who relied on no one person. S.T.R.I.K.E needed him more. He was soon reassigned, and only in a matter of hours he was off to Gothic.

Within the confines of a Phantom Fighter Jet modified for speed, Bradshaw had sped through the upper atmosphere at mach 10, reaching Gothic in very little time as the craft slowed gradually thousands of miles before it in actuality reached it's location. Going from 7612.07 miles per hour to cruising at only 300 miles per hour by the time it reached Gothic's skies. People looking above in awe and concern as the highly advanced vehicle sped by. Maverick in general did not function much in Gothic in the sense of doing any law enforcement or taking only the most dire of emergencies. Powerful as they were, Maverick couldn't operate much here, due to those with connections, wealth and power being enough to keep the corporation out.

"F***ing sh**hole." The man profanely mutters. He hated this place because he wasn't allowed to do anything about it.

@clara_mass

The first lead was former president pierces son, Troy. It wasn't too long before the man would appear before the body, wearing the camoed pants but concealing the armor with a jack and lacking a helmet. He was in essentially, civilian disguise as he came upon the boy, being pushed around by others.

No Caption Provided

He sighed, seeing this brining about unwanted memories of a super strength beating he recieved years ago that broke every bone in his body. Seeing the boy being bullied, seeing anyone being bullied, boiled him from the inside. But they were kids. Not eight ft tall supermen who topple skyscrapers with their bare hands, kids.

The way he approached indicated that he wasn't a teacher, and yet he had a visitor badge from the front office that indicated he needed to be there. "That's enough, break it up. You punks have 5 seconds to vacate this f***ing premises before kick the teeth out your mouth. Five. Four. Three. Two. One." He didn't really require anything more than that amount of time. They had all cleared away as soon as the military man uttered the word "three" not wishing to stay around or try and start anything with any man who gave them the look he did or acted like how he did.

He looked at the boy, now laying on the ground, reminding him off a lot of people he's seen before. He extends his hand to the boy offering to help him up, but he has a neutral facial expression rather than a kindhearted one. "You alright kid? I'm gonna need you to come with me for a bit..."

Bradshaw had no idea what the boy would do. Run? Take his hand? He wasn't too sure. Though one thing was rather certain, he was going to try to get information from the boy, one way or another.

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaylen_knightfall: @embargo@chimera_

"The former president?" Raeyn asked, surprised. Though he had received the email he had just come here instead, figuring it a bit faster given his location. "That's the one that was in the White House when I enveloped it in a stasis field." He considered for a moment and glanced over at Chimera when he mentioned not being a relation. "The sins of the parent do not carry over to the child, if you were a relation I wouldn't be bothered by it."

Raeyn paced a little, thinking about what he knew of the former President. "Isn't the former president one of those reality manipulating types? Seems a bit weird to me that she'd be out here in Greece hiding away instead of getting revenge or something. There must be more to the story, something we are unaware of. If I recall, the former President does have a son...I wonder if that factors in some how. Maybe her son is being used against her in some way." Raeyn looked up for a moment. "Take it from an animal, if she's cornered, this is going to be a lot harder than flying in and picking her up."

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaylen_knightfall: @embargo: @_chimera: @timesiphon:

"I take back anything I ever said about Stark. He may have been lazy but he wasn't like this. Did you guys read all this?" Cadence remarked as she entered the room. She briefly paused to give a hug to Bobby, pleased to see her recommendation went through. During some of the Inhuman look for exspansion she went to Noc Haven an the two were quick to relate. Following she took a moment to meet the Knightfall.

To be honest she never cared much for the Knightfall's. It felt like one of the families where the last name carried the weight. She had nothing against them she just never saw the appeal. This one was here though and that was worth getting to know. "Cadence Kotone a pleasure to meet you." A bow of Japanese custom provided before she returned to the subject matter.

Always felt off that rather then going with the established system, you know because congress planed for what to do if loss of POTUS, they premoted his wife. Because clearly the First Lady totally is going to have the credentials." Wasn't to say they wouldn't but it felt unlikely that it'd be a good call. Friends and family weren't necessarily ideal for coworkers or employees. "Never mind the fact Pierce and Stark were almost never seen together. Always felt more like publicity over compassion." There was so much wrong with matters just from the known bits of information. "Now however we've got files saying she orchestrated a lot of it? Source is questionable but the surprise of it is minimal." None of the allegations of the files sounded out of place, she didn't need conformation from followed paper trails.

"If you ask me we should take her down, capture preffered but casket is fine." Was a bit harsh especially for her Cadence wasn't a killer by nature. Clarice however sounded like somebody that the world would be better without. "She doesn't fight she has others do that for her, we're better then her it's just a matter of are we better then her pawns? Which is likely more police from Greece then EVO using US marines." Vocal placed her confidence in STRIKE they'd gone toe to toe with gods invasions and more allready. Surely they could take America's deadliest snake one which by the sounds of it was losing her venom.

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I'm alright." Troy viewed his bloodied hands as resilience rather than weakness, total control of his rage in the face of adversity, and a testament to his father's teachings. His management of emotions, however, were a teetering scale much like his father's and the appearance of @maverick_6 only made that scale lean on his already withering pliancy.

"You, however, won't be." His brown eyes lightened, glowing as his mother's do, his body defensively tapping into the metaphysical realm from which their powers originate in effort to intimidate the STRIKE operative.

"If their parents show up." He rubs his eyes, trying to play off the light display as the sun getting in his eyes, but another glance at the man's attire are an instant reminder of Troy's time in Washington.

At first, he thought this could have been the workings of his mother, but she was as good as dead. Instead Troy's next conclusion lead him to believe this was President Newscastle cutting off loose ends.

"As for going with you?" Troy's not necessarily the most athletic boy in Gothic City, but thankfully he's been blessed with the power to escape situations like the one he currently found himself in.

"That's a big NOPE!" With enough strength brought on by his enhanced attributes (peak human standard), the American serpent's son thrusts forward in hopes of pushing his palms hard enough against Bradshaw's chest to knock him down onto his back. If connected, Troy would run for the hills to his estate home just one block over.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"A big....nope." Honestly, she didn't mind the solitude....to an extent. Living in Greece allowed her the chance to see the home her parents left for America. Living in Greece gave her the egotistical satisfaction of assisting Greece during its' time of economic decline, much in the same fashion for her time in presidential office. However, living in Greece meant no conflict in her life and next to nothing in biographies, blog posts, or HBO specials pertaining to her time in the American public eye on the internet. She'd be lying if she said it didn't leave a sour taste in her mouth, all she'd down to avoid societal collapse had been overshadowed by a bald man and a bunch of organizations built and supported by men.

"A bunch of ingrates." Truthfully, Miss Pierce knew her life's accomplishments weren't entirely created through personal hard work, but the end product deserved some sort of reverence. Didn't it?

"Every last one of them." With a glass of bourbon and her self-esteem the former president willfully traversed the web whilst her faith in humanity went through a steady decline. Sadly, these were the people she was trying to reign in, lead, and bring toward an era of prosperity. However, the stresses of implementing that future were wrought with anxiety and stress; leading to a loosened grip on the visage she brought on to fool the world at large. And now...here she was; damp, tipsy, and aggravated by how she'd become a virtual unknown.

"Wouldn't know a hero from a Knightfall."

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her fierce eyes gaze the endless tumbling cumulonimbus clouds parting on contact with her mighty vessel. Once again the STRIKE team was on the move, her face remained hard as granite, but internally the Irish born Director was experiencing a bit of anxiety. The Cataclysm was something no one about the expensive vessel was ready to deal with, but they did. Now the next one was here, the next mission, the next life and death situation.

She knew almost nothing about Former President Clarice Pierce, just the little information she was fed just a while ago. She knew nothing about Pierce’s involvement in the Paradise Island situation, nor did she know anything about the death of Quintus Knightfall, what peaked her interest in the ordeal was how everything that happened during that time period, tied into Thomas Animus being elected President.

A baritone call molest her ears; breaking her concentration on the matter. Half-turning towards her door, she was met by Raeyn, Time Siphon.

“We’re heading to Greece Raeyn. A high value target just came on the grid; we can’t miss this opportunity to snag this intel.” She explained, crudely turning her attention back to the clouds with Greece faintly appearing below them.

She had more to say to Time Siphon, just a few questions to probe his mental state in comparison to his former female self, but now was not the time. Through the slip retardant soles in her boots, she could feel the vibrations of yet another, this one Kaylen Knightfall, One of the many new recruits who joined during STRIKE’s “downtime”.

Once again half-turning, Ruby said nothing; instead she grabbed her glass of scotch took a sip, and sat the glass back on the table. In obnoxious silence Chimera entered--another new recruit. Her office was filled with agents that wanted answers, and they’d all come in due time.

Once more Ruby’s eyes dart toward the door, this time Cadence. “This situation, like the last one is…delicate” Ruby finally said, stepping down off her three steps alter to speak with them on even footing.

“Normally, in a situation like this we’d match like powers with like powers; Maya Liafador is in a coma; so anything Clarice does…we really can’t defend against it.” Ruby warned before finishing her scotch.

“Director, we got a hit. Someone in Greece just ran a search for Ms.Pierce, and I know you don’t believe in coincidence.” Norfleet reported, standing off to the left of Ruby.

“Alright here’s the plan. Clarice Michelle is wanted by STRIKE for questioning. Needless to say us targeting her will probably be met with retaliation on her end. I’ll send a STRIKE team in to cordon the area, after that you guys go in to flush her out. Different Tactics this time. Kaylen, Cadence and Chimera take her down before she can get going.”

“Raeyn and I will provide back up and crowd control just in case things get hetic.” Agent Line entered the room at the moment of dead silence and handed Ruby a Syringe. “This is a drug that should knock her out don’t ask questions” She said, regarding why the syringe was created.

“Right now, Bradshaw is looking to secure her son, something we can use for leverage.” She hoped Maverick succeeded, then Troy could be used to possibly calm the crazed warper, if not they were going to finally have to test the effects of Quantonium on a live subject—something she didn’t want.

“Norfleet hand Cadence the directions…remember she can’t get the drop on us. Most importantly…TEAMWORK. Get out of my office.”

No Caption Provided

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@embargo:

Raeyn nodded a little and listened quietly until she was done. "Crowd Control, got it." He said. He spun his rifle on its ring and they could all hear the audible sounds of a round being pulled from its loading tube and shoved into the chamber as the rifle came back around into its normal position. He reached into a pocket and pulled out a bullet which he then put into the empty slot in the loading tube. "I'll be waiting." It was hard to tell by his tone of voice if he minded being put on "crowd control" but his expression seemed to suggest he did not. "Just as a reminder my powers are limited to touch range right now, but I have other ways of fighting." He said with a smile and turned to leave the room with the others. STRIKE had not seen him as he had been before they all met the female version of Raeyn. Back then Raeyn had relied a lot on manipulating the flow of time around his own body to increase speed and reaction time more than on temporal draining abilities. That was before Raeyn had done a considerable amount of feeding though.

He left the room and walked out into the commons with his rifle clutched tightly in one hand. I wouldn't trust me either. He thought, sighing to himself. There was a lot to think about right now but he had to focus on the mission at hand. The Temporal Civil War could wait, at least for now. The war raged across the stars but had not come to Earth as of yet. He was hoping he had months, maybe even years before it did. They'll never let me stay in STRIKE after that mess gets here. I can understand though...The animal remained silent, but it smiled in the darkness of Raeyn's mind.

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I can't say that I'm surprised, but I'm certainly flattered." It doesn't take much common sense to deduce the flying hovercraft stationed above the hotel overseeing the Aegean Sea wasn't part of her guest package, but the spectacle of its' emergence eased Miss Pierce's worries of obscurity.

With a look of absolute wonder the former American leader raises a glass to the sky, knowing full well this wasn't the mechanisms of Newscastle, but rather the design of insurgents. At least that's what she presumed, considering the gathering of fleeing Athenians in organized droves as well as the agreement imparted between the two after their predicament inside the capital city just a few months ago.

With that in mind, a deep seeded sense of worry suddenly sprouted in what's been noted to be the cool abyss of President Pierce's soul in a manner that surprised the slightly tipsy survivalist herself. So much so that she felt inclined to rush to her phone and reach out to her former flame, Noah Addams, and check up on the status of their only son. However, any inkling to safeguard her legacy was halted for the belief that self preservation would dissipated if Thomas discovered her dishonorable breach of contract. In other words, she'd have to handle this matter in the only way she knew......would catch her enemies off guard. As a result, she disrobed in a manner that left her bare.....returning to her hotel room to dress herself in attire suited for the task at hand.

----------------------------------------------------

A simple white tee that'd be rather translucent if it weren't by supported by her favorite black lace bra underneath. In addition to this fine piece of practical clothing was nice high waist denim shorts that matched this considerate weather brought forth this image of one chilled broad looking for a good time. Yet, this wasn't enough, because something as simple as this collection deserved some sparkle which in turn resulted in the slipping on of some fancily labeled red button heels that'd burn make even the great Valerie Huntington turn her head.

"Bitch," she spoke in reference to herself as viewed her ensemble piece with a look of necessary confidence conceived from doubt. This by far wasn't her best look, crimson dyed hair that hardly concealed her blond roots, but needless to say this personal conflict of self esteem paled in comparison to what would happen to her son's life if STRIKE succeeded in her capture.

"Get it together," she spoke to herself with the will to live as she slapped herself still.

--------------------------------------------------------

@timesiphon

Unbeknownst to the public at large, illegal scientific operations on a young Miss Pierce resulted in the manifestation of powers beyond the average human mind's comprehension. With a tether to the metaphysical realm of magic, ruled by the devil's favorite demon Shinigami, Miss Pierce could and still can (to an extent) bend reality in manner that allowed her to do whatsoever she pleased so long as she created havoc to appease the demon.

For a time she did just that. From consciously mentally warping the minds of the American public, assisting Charlemagne Lebeau in murdering Darkchild's Paradise Island, and a number of others things best left unsaid; Miss Pierce did whatever she could to achieve her dreams of historical immortality. However, the growing regret stemming from her actions mixed together with motherhood brought forth this need to do good for the world, especially her country. This would lead into her powers entering an unforeseen flux.

From the likes of Lena Dante catching a whiff of her transgressions to Noah figuring out the nexus of her powers to the discovery of her son's existence. Shinigami punished is sole devout...relinquishing her powers of creationism (GO AWAY, DIE, GO BLIND) and only allowed her the simple gifts tailored to her personality (Psionic Manipulation). If, however, she can incite chaos or death the extent of her powers will multiple given the fact that she feeds of strife and conflict.

"Crowd control? I don't think she trusts you." Water drips on the floor as she approaches the strangely dressed and maybe even time displaced man of action. "Doesn't she have grunts for that?" Honestly, she had no clue as to the identity of the whom she came into contact with, but his energies tapped into the depths of reality and time which coincidentally drew her in like sheep to a shepherd.

"Yikes!" She covered her mouth like a kid in a candy store, shocked to behold the sight of what ought to be candy.

"I didn't know Calvin Klein distributed workers to government task forces," she spoke, in reference to @kaylen_knightfall for whom she winked and smirked that signature devilish smirk. Her eyes for him carried tones flirtation yet trickled venom with every utterance, her words only spoken with the knowledge that his physique entitled combatant skills she wasn't privy too.

His presentation meant adversity since his thoughts came off far more blocked off than thee others. Meanwhile, those of the surname sharing @_chimera felt ripe for the taking. "You're young, inexperienced, and a possible liability. Good lord. Who thought hiring kids was a good idea?"

It should be noted that although Miss Pierce was damp....she appeared to the STRIKE operatives, at least those susceptible to her charms, as themselves....speaking out and playing upon personal gripes with her own feelings infused for the sake of toying with their minds. She knew of course...one would know off the bat, but all she needed was for one agent to play the game.

"With so many poor decisions. It makes you think. Is this workplace right for me?" Miss Pierce speaks to @vocal in a condescending manner, aware that unlike the rest she's indifferent to the life expectancy of a former American treasure.

"No one listens to me. This team needs more time working together. We're not a unit. Dammit. If it were up to me....we'd kill this b*tch. Yeah. I'd kill her and no one would care." Clarice is ambivalent as she approaches the girl whom might end her life, but she finds the potential in this menacing broad succumbing to her mental intrusions.

"Lord have mercy. They're gonna screw this shit up." Miss Pierce spoke to @embargo, resting a hand on her shoulder, promoting a feeling of distrust for this poor attempt at heroes before vanishing in a blink.

Afterwards, in unison Clarice in the guise of their inner selves confronted each member, hoping to touch their foreheads and unlock their own personal gripes with STRIKE and maybe even themselves. If it worked there wouldn't be an immediate impact, but she hoped it would cause growing self doubt and inevitable infighting.

Until then the affected parties would feel a euphoric flow of openness overcome their body while the unaffected realized the extent of her reach. Regardless of the outcomes, Miss Pierce couldn't wait and see due to the execution of this move tiring her out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dammit," she muttered as her connection to her helacarrier mental projections collapsed, the strain of such long distance usage of previously unused powers proving too much for the wicked witch.

"This is going to be hard work," Miss Pierce said before returning to the balcony overlooking the blue Aegean sea, keeping a watchful eye on the sky above whilst wondering if her actions would force a receding of their declaration of war or a reorganization of their combatant strategy. Either way Miss Pierce knew she'd win either way....she'd have too.

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clara_mass: @_chimera: @kaylen_knightfall:

"She can't get the drop on us" almost as soon as the statement was made Ms Pierce apeared doing just that. Attacking head on would be foolish however everything they knew suggested a diffrent angle. And if she felt powerful enough to charge on in she probably would have gone for a more boastful motion. This was a time to observe the opposition, hand on sword hilt Cadence kept rather calm.

Clothing suggested someone who knew what was practical but nothing special. It was no tailor made uniform just casual ware. Smart mouth comments came next words being a politicians weapon. It was on point in a way to sharp for just banter. Somehow she knew of them, couldn't be from a security leak. Nobody was yelling about a Mr. Robot and fact she was here in Greece implied she didn't have contacts for word of mouth or dossiers. Mental intrusion? Most likely not the most potent however as there was no change.

Ridicule of Siphon, Vocal didn't think much of it. Siphon had to deal with her and all her paranoia. Plus with less power it was more strategic to take a different angle then those before. She drooled over the Knightfall, all this said to Vocal was a lack of restraint. Clair was more likely to touch herself midflight then land a hit against Kaylen. The acoustic assassin made a glance to Chimera and rolled her eyes. She had enough confidence in him she felt to fill any self doubt he had or at least so she thought. "Or sing songs that there is one less manipulative c*nt." Cadence stated in rebuttal of the remarks sent her way. She had her doubts about many things but over all her faith in the team at large was in greater quantity. Besides that however she refused to show weekness at a time when she had to lead.

A sting to the mind, a touch that burns and suddenly many feelings on the inside began to bubble upward. More of two things the siphon and herself. Siphon was dangerous wreckless and in her eyes failed to have a value of life. Meanwhile she questioned herself, for being an Inhuman who was heir to the throne she'd done a pore job of getting the name out there. How could she lead a people when so far she couldn't even go a mission without serious injury? Was her courage just foolishness? These thoughts began to gain traction it'd take more then a psychic poke however to break Cadence down.

Turning to a computer Vocal took a moment to look over Kaylen's file. Wanting to know what he could do before going forward. Taking another pivot on her heel Cadence drew her katana and grabbed a handful of trackers. A melodic hum came from the Acoustic Assassin's hands and gradually the blade broke down into the size of arrow tips. "Tempestrium from Elysia. If you can get one to hit it should depower the opposition. Have enough here for about twenty arrows is say." Normally that'd sound like a bit much but the metal had been one of the unluckiest of compounds Cadence had found. This was also a chance for her to look for her own weapon a means to identify herself rather then a blade belonging to someone else.

"My recommendation you take the receiver. Kay you and I equip a tracking signal. We'll try to lure Pierce to a window where Chimera can get a shot and provide suppressive fire as well. Once position is found we can use a combination of my speed and your affect on time to try and knock her out. Any questions or thoughts? Care to lead us in?" She felt the Knightfall would probably have better navigation of the building. Despite being 'in charge' she wanted to also coordinate, build teamwork and let the newer members flaunt their skills a bit.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clara_mass:

Oh boy.

The boy looks at Bradshaw with ominous glowing eyes, a display of his power. Something he gaze the boy received in return spoke for themselves, letting him know how successful his efforts in attempting to intimidate a man who has faced beings who threw structures at him like they were soccer balls and survived opponents who failed to kill him with multi block destroying attacks.

No Caption Provided

He held the kid's gaze. He didn't give a damn about what any parents were going to think or about what anyone in the general vicinity was going to say to him. The boy was already showing signs of being adamant to going with the man and already, he was preparing. There was a big "NOPE" and the boy lunged forward, attempting to shove the man. It was move Bradshaw had no real trouble deflecting a blow like that. The boy would have to do much, much better than that if he wishes to get the better of the man.

Bradshaw watched him run away, his eyes scanning the area about, as the boy dissappears around the corner. His response is to chase the boy....

By walking. He doesn't run after him, more, he just casually strolls through the street as he pulls up his comms, keeping track of the S.T.I.K.E team's activity in his absence. He requests a status report and then flicks through his phone, as he looks at a live feed of the helicarrier appearing right over Greece for everyone to plainly see.

The Maverick Mutant hunters stares at his phone in complete and utter disbelief. "Sweet Jesus....you people cannot be that stupid." He mumbles to himself walking in the street a he pinches the ridge above the nose in between the eyes. The boy is by now probably a quarter way there by now "Well. The team has always had brass balls. They just never seem to have the damn brains to go with it. Hopefully they don't die before I get there." With that, he disappears into an alleyway.

Troy reaches his home without any sign of being followed. No man bolting through the crowd or anything really out of the ordinary. A few passerby who wonder why the kid is running but don't think it's signifigicant enough to stop them from going about day to day tasks. Doors and windows are locked.

Then the boy might feel it, if he was actually fast enough to dodge it. An invisible beam hitting him at 671 Million miles per hour, the speed of light. It wasn't something that killed, but more so, something that disabled. A blast that ignited plasma upon contact, a pulsed energy projectile that would send non lethal amounts of electromagnetic radiation though the kid's body to overwhelm his nervous system.

As it turned out, Bradshaw didn't follow him. He made it there with time to spare, waiting for the kid to walk, his gloves and boots adhering him to the ceiling as he waited like "Predator" to strike his "prey" with an invisible attack that moved at lightspeed, giving no warning or indication of his presence. If the boy was actually hit or affected, he'd seek to sooth the boy by letting him know the effects were temporary.

"You remind me a little bit of my girl, when she was alive. You have instinct, a fire inside...." He drops from the ceiling and lands with a thud on the floor of the house. Laying face first on the ground or on his feet, Bradshaw would still try to talk the boy down.

"Mother musta taught you to not talk to strangers, right kid? Well. I can't really blame you for running from me. I don't exactly look like the most welcome type, but I don't like putting up fake smiles. I don't need money and I don't like messing with little boys. I'm not here to kidnap you. If I wanted to kill you..."

He revealed himself to be fully armored at the moment, an advanced SABR directed energy rifle in his hands, lowered and pointed to the ground. Taking steps forward to get closer and closer to the ki.

"And would've just made your heart subtly explode without you realizing it, and that would be that. It'd look like an accident. And that would be that. I'd probably have had my daughter run away if a guy like me approached her, your mother taught you that much didn't she? Well, Troy, I'm on a mission. Your mom is alive, Troy and I'm taking you to see her. Not for free of course, but for you talk to her so she can maybe calm the hell down. She's broken, and a broken person of her power doesn't sit right with me. Now..."

"This can be easy. Or it can be hard. What's it gonna be Troy?"

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clara_mass: @vocal@chimera_@kaylen_knightfall

It was an interesting tactic that might have worked at another time and another place, as it was, Time Siphon froze. He blinked very slowly as the mirage spoke to him. He reached out with his mind but found nothing to coil around. For a moment Raeyn succumbed to its suggest, it was not as if Raeyn did not have its own doubts or believe no one trusted it, it dealt with that at all times. The only outward sign of Raeyn's sudden internal struggle was the clinching of a fist.

The mirage is right, you could kill everyone in this room before they knew it, take their time, release yourself from the prison you have constructed and ascend. There is a war coming, we need to be ready.

Maybe its thoughts like these that make others not trust us. Raeyn replied to the animal. We don't deserve trust, we have betrayed everything we have ever known...right down to the child entrusted to our care. No one should trust us.

If your team can't trust you, they are a waste of time. Kill them or turn them into your followers. Those are your options.

No

Raeyn opened his eyes slowly, not having realized he had even closed them. No.

YES

"I SAID NO!" He shouted the last out loud.

The animal smiled.

_Chimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Chimera

@clara_mass: @vocal: @maverick_6: @timesiphon:

No Caption Provided

Chimera gave a half smile as the orders came down in a militaristic manner from the leader's mouth. Unlike most would assume, he wasn't necessarily bad with taking orders, but then again he wasn't too keen on the idea either. He simply did what he felt was interesting at the time. His actions have had him perceived as a young man with personal interests at heart or simply as reckless. It didn't matter to him as long as he had derived some form of enjoyment from these decisions.

After returning the friendly embrace of his sister like friend, he turned towards the door and made his way out as was according to his directions. Being an archer, he was naturally suited for long range combat even though he was an expert close quarters combatant as well. Casually, he made his way to the higher points of the large craft carrier, taking in every single detail of his surroundings with his cybernetic eyes and making key notes that would affect his fighting style.

The former president, Miss Pierce….Pierced by an arrow! No….That headline is suited for local news, not global….hmmm….Miss Pierce had been Pierced by Bobby Pierce!….No, sounds too sensual. I'll let the editors decide what sounds best.

He thought to himself, relishing the chance to retract and fire his bow at such a powerhouse of a foe. She wasn't like the two bit cyborg criminals in Noc Haven or even like the rich fat cats guarded by dozens of body guards he had robbed in Gothic. She was a breed of enemy that was completely different from the norm.

Chimera stopped upon reaching the highest and outermost portion of the carrier and retrieved a single arrow from his crimson quiver and readied it alongside the sanguine like bow. It felt perfect in his palms, like an extension of his body and manifestation of his desires. Despite his life of petty crime and even pettier time as a soldier for hire, all he needed was his bow. It's all he wanted after having his childhood ripped away from himself.

He shook himself away from the thoughts of the time in the government facility and did a double take as a mirror image of himself appeared before him and grinned a heinous smile through sharpened teeth. Slightly confused, Chimera tilted his head at the duplicate. Surprisingly, the image did the same.

"You're young, inexperienced, and a possible liability. Good lord. Who thought hiring kids was a good idea?"

No Caption Provided

The true chimera raised an eyebrow behind his maroon domino mask momentarily before letting out a small chuckle. The thought of himself being cloned or recreated was insane as the government agents that experimented on him deemed him a failure. Years he had spent alone with only his thoughts in that underground lab, so during his time he conjured friends from his thoughts. Make believe people that he pretended cared for him. Each time he did, he came to the same result. They didn't have any concern for Bobby Pierce. They were just figments of the same agony that was wrecked upon him. So, he did the only logical thing. He killed them all. Each and every one of his imaginary friends created out of his own lunacy was murdered by his own hands, and in doing so, Bobby Pierce slowly killed himself, and The Chimera was born.

This was no different. No different at all.

"You're absolutely right. I am young. Rather inexperienced compared to my counterparts and maybe of the lord was good I'd be long dead….But the lord isn't good. And hiring deranged children isn't the wisest decision."

As he spoke he had been pulling on the drawstring of his bow with the readied arrow complete with titanium projectile tip with mastered stealth and dexterity. Finish his words of agreement, he released the arrow and let it fly with blinding speed towards the center of his twin's forehead causing the false image to dissipate into the air.

"The thing you don't know about me Miss. Pierce…"

He giggled while drawing another arrow from the quiver strapped to his back before continuing.

"I don't mind killing myself. I've tried before."

His innocent chuckle grew into a hysterical laugh as he crouched down onto what become the nest of his watchful eye upon the world below him. The sounds of glee were uncontrollable and ominous to what was his true personality. A persona that had emerged from years of heartache and a psyche twisted through torture.

"….We'll try to lure Pierce to a window where Chimera can get a shot and provide suppressive fire as well. Once a position…."

The sound of Cadence's stern voice through the communicator in his ear piece broke through his moment of ecstasy and back to reality before trailing off.

"Now, it really get's interesting."

He murmured to himself readying the bow for a next shot and searching his surroundings for anything out of the ordinary. If the excommunicated political official were to come anywhere in or near his field of enhanced vision, he would immediately pick up on it. Now was the difficult part. Being patient like a good arrow boy that he so dreaded.

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“Can I ask you guys an fcking question?” Ruby barked moving through the vessel with her usual aggressive bearing, but something was off. Her voice causes the Agents on deck to divert their attention to her boisterous outburst. “Why is this big ass ship, just floating over Greece uncloaked?” She hiss with her hand pressed against her forehead. “We’re STRIKE, we’re supposed to be able to infiltrate, how the FCK can we infiltrate effectively; if we’re broadcasting our LOCATION!” she screamed slapping a coffee maker from the desk onto the floor.

For the first time since their employment, the STRIKE agents actually began to question Ruby’s sanity. The Cataclysm was a traumatizing event for sure; but the highly classified results of Ruby’s psyche eval; proved she was more than capable of continuing on as the Director of the group. Did someone screw up? Ruby’s noticeable change was almost instantaneous; instead of keeping a slow calculated commanding pace on the deck, she was frantic biting her nails and verbally attacking the tactics of her field team.

“You know what I feel like when I work with you people? I feel like the CEO of McDonalds that still has to make a double cheeseburger. That’s what I feel like”

She said storming off the deck in anger, her anger was inexplicable; it was so fast, like a switch had been flipped on. Pushing through the lower corridors on her way to the armory, Ruby fully intends to capture the Reality Warping former POTUS on her own.

Placing both her pistols in their holster, the aggressively push past her agents toward the Eden Transporter. As she made it to the platform, her mind then turned back to the energy containment vault—where they were keeping the pre-tested fragment of Quantonium.

“What are yo—oh no!” Agent Line screamed, watching as the incensed Director stormed back toward the vault, hoping to grasp what she felt would aid in the capture of Pierce.

Typing in her override code, she heard the cocking of Agent Line’s pistol. Ruby was the DIRECTOR of STRIKE, she was the only person aboard the vessel not allowed to directly deal with the Quantonium—for security purposes.

“Director Ruby…take your hand away from the keypad!” Line screamed, showing he meant to shoot, but his eyes said otherwise.

No Caption Provided

“Heh…you wanna be a war machine” She said, quick drawing her weapon, now with it pointed at him. “Show me…show me you have what it takes to be STRIKE agent.” He showed a bunch of reservations, but he couldn’t see Ruby slowly applying pressure to the trigger.

POP

From over his shoulder Agent Crews pistol fired a shot that penetrated Ruby’s shoulders. “She was going to shoot you” Crews said rushing to provide assistance to the ailing Ruby. “Let Vocal know what the situation here is. I’ll go in Ruby’s place. Detain her for now”