Ghost of Thiefs Past (White Reaper Vs Ronnin)

Ronnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ronnin

Past sins, though can be forgiven. Will never be forgotten.

The sound of a roaring engine, sung out to any set of ears in a two block radius. The night was early and slow for the procrastinating percoger. Zipping and weaving through streets and traffic on his bike, Ronnin’s cape flapped and waved in the night air. Though it was school night, and he really need the sleep. Franklin felt an obligation to every night going on portal taking on the role as a guardian of the city of angels. Normally his mind would be clear and focus, that made it a little bit easier for him to see the possible outcomes of his action. But tonight was different, it was the anniversary of when diced to walk an opposite path.

An echo of tires screeching danced along the empty street. Parking his bike in front of what use to be a jewelry store, was now abandoned with it’s window boarded up. Killing the engine and lights, he dismounted the motorcycle and walked into an ally that was right next to it. His cape draped over his body he slowly walked down the ally, stopping only a few feet from a dumpster. Then kneeling down he laid a single red long stem rose, next to the wall of the building before letting out a sigh.

"… It’s hard to believe that it’s been three years already Angela. Lots has happened in that time, I now live permanently with your grandfather and it seems like he’s finally forgiven me. Though I can’t say that I’ve begun to forgive myself. It really should have been me that night…"

Three years ago

"Wildpack you almost done over there? " The high pitch bone chilling sounds as a set of claws as sharp as diamonds cutting through glass ran from the other side of the store into his ears. "You know it Ronnin, how about you and the safe back there?" A voice coming from a female panther human hybrid said as she was filling a bag with jewels. "I was done before you got half away across the room." He said sarcastically with a smirk on his face. "Oh how cute, you have jokes now. Well no more bad kitty for you." She replied back while returning back to her full humanoid self. It had seem to be normal night for the two young thieves, that was until blue flashing lights pierced through the windows.

The two quickly made a break for the back exit, making it to the ally Ronnin turned left. Only to take a few steps before being met by the barrel of 12 gage shotgun. Before he could react the trigged was pulled. "Frankie snap out of it, 5-0 coming in get the led out." The girl said as she ran past him while in mid transformation, this time into what appeared to be a bat hybrid. Unknowing to them the store owner lived in the apartment building on the other side of the ally and was waiting with firearm in hand to find out who was ripping him off.

Running after her Ronnin yelled out, "Angie, no wait!" As the last word passed through his lips a loud blast echoed from the ally way. "No, no, no…" he said as his body froze for a second do to the shock of hearing the gun go off. Sprint out to the ally his head turned to see the store own standing above Angela with shotgun barreled aimed at her head. Acting solely out of instant, Ronnin drew and threw three R shaped shuriken. Two knocked the gun from his was the third was enlodged into the store owners throat. Rushing to her, he didn’t know what to think. As he saw her laying in a crimson blood of liquid before reverting back to her human form.

Present

"You really should be the living not me, we really were stupid kids. I hope you are resting peacefully, and I’ll be back again next year." Letting out one more sigh he returned to a vertical base before heading back to his bike. Mounting his bike and turning ignition, Franklin felt a chilling breeze passed over him. It was almost as if death itself was about to reach out and grab him by the shoulders. Shrugging it off he revved the bike before speeding off into the night.

White Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By White Reaper

A Few Days Ago

Ben Castleton sat in his apartment looking through a stack of files. They were police records that he had obtained with an inside man on the force. Records of crimes comitted by those with superhuman abilities. A good deal of them had never been caught. That was typical of metahuman crimes. Too many of them were left unsolved and the criminal scum often got away solely because of their abilities. Nobody seemed able to police them, to bring them to Justice. That was his job. Instead of bringing them to Justice however, he brought Justice to them in the form of slashing blades. They had forfeited their right to a fair trial and a prison sentance the moment they abused their God-given abilities. For them there would be only death.

He turned back to his current file. He had been looking back on a case three years ago. Pair of meta's had trashed a store and tried to rob the place. The owner had managed to blast one of filth with a shotgun but seemed to have been killed by the other. Study of the girl's corpse had revealed her to be a shapeshifting meta who had been suspected of several thefts beforehand. Of the other, the one that got away, nothing was known about him. It was likely that he was still alive today. In fact, Ben thought it very likely. For one of his other files told him of a recent "hero" who had something in common with his mystery murderer. After all, how many people would use R-shaped shurikens?

Ben picked up an evidence bag and held it close to his mangled face. A small bloodstained shuriken was in it. it had taken him quite a bit of manipulation and blackmail to get this. The shuriken resembled a small metal R. It had once been sharp but time had blunted it's edge. It had been found in the shopkeeper's throat. The police had already dusted it for prints but there had been none. However, Ben had access to a few techniques that the police did not.

He opened the evidence bag and placed the shuriken in the palm of his hand. The bloodstains were old yes, but the blood had come from the jugular. The memories from blood taken from the jugular were strong. Only by consuming the heart or brain could one get more vivid memories. It was likely there was still some vestige of memory.

He held it up to his mouth and licked it, drawing his tongue along the dark mark that would have appeared as red to anyone but him. The familiar tingling told him it had worked and he sat back as he received faint dying images of the man's last moments.

Firing shotgun...girl/theif hit...Oh God...didn't mean to hurt her...Only wanted to scare...Other one...Turn around...see his face...blackness

Ben spat as the fuzzy chain of memories concluded. He picked up the file about the new "hero". There was a picture of the young man. He compared it to the memory of the face that had killed the shopkeeper. If one accounted for three years of growth, then they were clearly the same person. He felt disappointed. He had hoped that it could've been someone else using similar weapons to this 'Ronnin' but it was clearly not the case. Ronnin had taken the life of an innocent. And was now regarded by the general public as a hero.

That must stop now. Ronnin had a debt. A debt to the shopkeeper, to society and to God Himself. And that debt was being called in.

As the Bible said, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a bruise for a bruise, a wound for a wound...and a life for a life.

He pulled out a skull mask out from a drawer in the desk and placed it over his face. It looked like it was time for a little trip to the City of the Angels. Ben Castleton had started this investigation, the White Reaper would finish it.

Present

He had heard of returning to the scene of the crime but this seemed a little...odd. Returning after three years to the day? There had to be something more to this. He stayed silent on top of the rooftop and waited as his prey placed a rose next to the building. It almost seemed as if he was in mourning. Could he possibly be in remorse over the death of the shopkeeper?

He heard his words. No. He was grieving for the girl he had been with. The girl who was undoubtedly screaming in the fires of Hell at this very moment. It was a waste of a good rose, putting it in memory of a filthy slut like her. He waited until Ronnin had gotten onto his motorbike and left before jumping down into the alleyway. He could've attacked him then and there but he didn't. He seemed guilty about the death of his companion, who had seemed to have been the human equivalent of a sea slug. He wanted it to rub it in, to make him suffer about it.

He picked up the rose. Such a sweet thing, in rememberance of those gone. It had been until Ronnin had defiled it by his mere touch. He tucked it into his long white cloak. Time to go.

The Next Day

Ronnin was at school. He knew this because he had followed the boy from a distance before heading back to his house. Ronnin apparently lived with an old man, who stayed home. He needed the house to set his trap. The old man must first be removed. He walked up to the house and knocked on the door. It opened slightly but as soon as the old man saw a white cloaked skull faced figure standing there, he closed it quickly.

Not quick enough. The Reaper swept forward, holding the door open with one hand and taking hold of the old man's windpipe with the other. He leapt inside the house and slammed the old man against a wall. He was wheezing, clearly trying to speak but was unable thanks to the Reaper's crushing grip on his windpipe.

"Urk..ghaargh"

"Save your breath old man," the Reaper whispered and the man paled from the fear-inducing effects of the Reaper's proximity.

"Those who harbour murderers are little better then murderers themselves. Consider yourself lucky I don't kill you right now."

The old man still was trying to talk, perhaps to point out the contradiction in the Reaper's sentence. More likely to scream. He was dropped with a fist to the gut and was quickly bound and gagged. The Reaper searched the house until he found a suitable closet. He bundled the tied up oldster in there, where nobody could see or hear him.

He shut the door again and settled down inside the house. All one had to do was wait for the murderer to come home. He fingered the rose before absent-mindedly placing it his mouth, chewing it up and spitting it on the floor in a lump of phlegm.

Let him come.

He would find that both justice and death were inescapable.

Ronnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ronnin
Meta-Hill High School

In the back row of his 6th period chemistry class, Franklin took his normal position of having his arms folded over his desk and his head down. His eight hour daily sentence was really more of time to catch up on his much needed sleep. The final bell of the day finally rang, and like a movie prison riot break out scene. The teen flooded the halls burst out the gates and doors to freedom, as they survived a another day of high school life. "Franklin.... Franklin.... Mr. Reeds!" Frankie's head shot up, as his eyes widened and blinked a few time. Then looking around He noticed that besides the teacher the classroom had completely emptied of body. "Good to see that you're finally awake. School has ended for the day, and your free to go. But I will say this, you're not even half way into your senior year. So I would advise to stop sleeping in my class. I mean really I would expect this form some of the meta-teens but a smart kid like yourself. Anyways don't forget about to study for your test at the end of week." Mrs. Winterburg, his chemistry and former homeroom teacher said to him. Packing his things up, he headed to the door. "Oh and one more thing, I'll be giving Mr. Chi-Ling a call to set up a parent-teacher conference. To see if we can come up with a way to fix your sleeping habits." Franklin heard her say right as he was about to pass through the doorway. 

Later that day.

"Taiji-sensei I'm home." He yelled out as he was closing the door. "Sorry I'm later, the arcade had a Bata test of the new king of fighters game." Franklin continued on saying while taking off his shoes and sat them by the door. Before heading into the kitchen and grabbing a PowerAde from the fridge. "That's odd, normally the old man would have said something to me by now..." he thought to himself as he took a drink, before heading to the living room. As he went to step foot in the living room he noticed a shoe print on the carpet, it's Asian custom to remove one shoes before entering their home. Slowly sliding his backpack of his shoulder and sitting the PowerAde bottle down. Franklin began moving through the house calling out for his guardian, "Taiji-sensei...." With each room he moved to he called out but never getting a reply back. His search was cut short by lump of petals and saliva, that was at the feet of a man dressed like the grim reaper.

"Funny I didn't see a pale horse outside anywhere, nor did I see Hell following anyone." He said to the intruder as he notice that he had a Bible with him.

"Now I know it has to be to early for trick or treating, cause it not even October yet." Franklin sarcastically said as he circled himself in front of the man with a cross over step.

Then dropping down a Muay Tai like stance, the teen's arms came up to about head level. This was to protect the head, neck and upper chest zone area. His weight shifted to balls of his feet while he coiled up slightly like a viper getting ready to strike. His hazel green eyes filled with a fire that screamed killing intent as he spoke once more, "Look I don't now what you want but it's really a bad time for me. Just tell me nothing is wrong with Taiji-san and were he is. And I'll forget that you had just made the mistake, that you did."

White Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By White Reaper

The Reaper waited for his prey to return home. Ronnin was later than expected but that didn't change anything. In fact, it improved things. The longer Ronnin waited, the lower the sun slipped in the sky and the less sunlight there was. Thanks to his vampire genes, sunlight, while it didn't hurt him, did weaken him. Because of this, he had pulled the curtains of the particular room he was hiding in and it was thankfully dark. It would not be long before the sun went down altogether and his powers reached their maximum.

He stood passive and patiently, waiting.

He heard a noise. Because of his partial deafness, it sounded far off and muted.

"Taiji-sensei I'm home." 

"Sorry I'm late, the arcade had a Beta test of the new king of fighters game."

Ronnin was home. He stood and waited until the door opened. In came the murderer himself, Ronnin. He recognised the face from the dying memories of the shopkeeper. Underneath the mask, his face twisted into a grimace.

"Funny I didn't see a pale horse outside anywhere, nor did I see Hell following anyone."

The Reaper's only response to the boy's confident jibes was to pull out one of his extendable scythes. With a schhth! it expended to it was nearly full length. To expand it longer would make it too big to swing well in the room.

"Now I know it has to be to early for trick or treating, cause it not even October yet."

Ronnin circled infront of him. He drummed his fingers on the handle of his scythe as he said,

"Hold your tongue, boy, lest it be ripped out."

His Aura was diminished by the fading sunlight but he concentrated what remained at the boy, sending specters of fear his way.

His foe dropped down to some sort of martial art stance. This one knew his stuff. The Reaper had no knowledge of martial arts, preferring to let his split-second intuition guide him in a fight. They were a lot harder to predict. The Reaper looked into his greenish eyes. Those were the eyes of a murderer. One that needed to be put down.

"Look I don't now what you want but it's really a bad time for me. Just tell me nothing is wrong with Taiji-san and were he is. And I'll forget that you had just made the mistake, that you did."

The Reaper gave a low chuckle that chilled the base of the spine.

"The old man? Don't worry about him. He will be fine. However, I cannot say the same thing about you. I am not the one who has made the mistake here boy. You will learn that-"

He broke off in mid-sentance in hope of catching his enemy by surprise as he sprang from his relaxed yet alert stance and thrust his scythe forward in an attempt to knock the wind out of his foe by jabbing him in the mid-section with part of the handle. He then swung it around in several tight twisting loops designed to disembowel the boy in front of him before finishing by twisting the scythe around in a blur and stabbing foward with the butt with all his strength behind it.

He flung himself backwards in a in a flip in the hope of avoiding any of the boy's retaliating strikes. That is, if the boy was still alive.

Ronnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ronnin

Franklin had felt some level of relief knowing that Taiji was at least alive, though he wasn’t sure cause all he had was the word of a deranged man at this point. "The old man? Don't worry about him. He will be fine. However, I cannot say the same thing about you. I am not the one who has made the mistake here boy. You will learn that-" Still confused on what and or why this guy was in his home. But he figured all would be come clear soon enough, that the Reaper dressed man was trying to make an attempt on his life. Though the attack was of a instant surprise nature, Frankie could tell that he wasn’t a trained fighter but only doing thing out of instinct. Attacking parts of the body that is widely known to disable a foe.

His abdomen tightened as the butt of the scythe was quickly gabbed into it. A smirk danced along the teen’s face, as the air in his lungs remained there. In the teaching of Muay Tai one trains their core and lower torso to absorb attack to through area while continuing to push through ones opponent. Not being to hasty do to the type of weapon that was used against him. Jumping back he avoided being sliced in half, though the blade did run across his stomach. If he didn’t always wear his armored tunic, that would have been a fatal cut. Taking a few quick steps back the clairvoyant teen put a larger distance between the two as his fighting stance which to that of the wushu snake style.

The crashing sound of antique vases and other breakable objects in the room ran through the house, as the Reaper came spinning at him looking like a bladed top. His movements with such an oddly balanced weapon was predictable to Franklin, as he went for a baseball slid type sweep of the legs. Once he saw the intruder plant his feet and go for yet a another impalement type of attack. Using the leg sweep as a faint Ronnin came up on the inside of White Reaper’s scythe, and lifting up his left arm he defected the handle away while sending his right hand that had his index and middle finger extended toward the reaper’s neck to hit a pressure point. Planning to strike the nerves in his neck, he was surprised at the how much of an improvement in reflex that his opponent showed compared to the opening seconds of his first attack. Frankie noticed this as his nerve strike missed by a few centimeters, do to White Reaper jumping backwards before flipping.

Ducking down and extending out his front leg, he pushed himself backwards. Then tucking his head to his chest he narrowly escape losing his head by the sickle of scythe, that was pulled as his attack was avoided. "Though your fighting skills looks to be sloppy, I’d hate to admit it but your reflexes are top notch." He spoke as he returned to a vertical base and took two steps back. "Ya know the great thing about Taiji-san, is all the weapons in this are kept up and can be used in real com…bat!" He said while eyeing an old Chinese sword that hung on a mantle before grabbing it. " I don’t know how and why you’re tracking me down… cause it’s obvious you’re not after Taiji-sensei… So what do you wont with a high school kid?" He blurted out as he charged at the man with the butt rather then the edge of the sword pointing at him. Closing the distance between them in the room in less then two steps, Ronnin spun around while switch hands that held the bladed backhandedly. Using the sword to prevent an attack form the scythe, he sent a swift low shin kick toward the Reaper to throw him off balance at the same time sending a backhanded fist with his free hand to the mans temp to throw off his center of gravity dropping him to the ground.

White Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By White Reaper

The Reaper watched in dismay as the boy ducked into the inside of his swing. That was the scythe's weakness. When the opponent was in the inside of the swing, all one could do was to hope to clobber them with the handle. This one was fast. The Reaper barely dodged his attack by his spur of the moment backflip. He didn't know why he had done that backflip. He didn't really have a reason. It was his Intuition, saving him once again.

He swung his scythe at his foe but was foiled as Ronnin brought his head down and dodged the potentially decapatating strike. Damn! It was still light out and he was slower than normal. That would all change however, very soon. There wasn't that much time left after all, until the sun went down. And then he would taste vengeance.

Ronnin took two steps back.

"Though your fighting skills looks to be sloppy, I’d hate to admit it but your reflexes are top notch."

He reached for an antique sword hanging on the wall.

"Ya know the great thing about Taiji-san, is all the weapons in this are kept up and can be used in real com…bat! I don’t know how and why you’re tracking me down… cause it’s obvious you’re not after Taiji-sensei… So what do you wont with a high school kid?"

Ronnin ran at him, swinging the sword. It was evidently well cared for and still sharp. This was shaping up to be more of a fight then he expected it to be. He threw his scythe to the side and pulled out his own sword. A scythe would not do well in a fight such as this. He swung his sword at Ronnin's own blade, hoping that in a clash between swords, the Reaper's superior strength would be enough to take the sword out of Ronnin's hands.

At the last second, Ronnin's sword changed hands and the Reaper's sword whistled through the empty air. That was not the attack though. A sudden instinct told the Reaper to step back NOW and recognising his Intuition, he did so. Even so, his shin was still clipped by his enemy's low kick, causing him to stumble back. During that time, Ronnin's fist came around at his temple. He jerked his head away, and the fist only barely grazed him. That and the sudden jerk was enough to momentarily throw him off balance. His foot tripped on one of the many ornaments that had been scattered on the ground by the fight and the Reaper crashed onto the ground.
Halfway through his fall, he regained composure and turned what might have been a painful landing to a graceful roll as he hit the ground. As he lay on the ground, he quickly pulled out a handful of crosses. Aside from their obvious religious value, their points and edges were sharpened, turning them into dangerous weapons. He flung them at Ronnin's face as he rolled backwards. Pushing off from the wall behind him, he went from a position on the ground to launching himself feet-first through the air.

He hit the ground next to Ronnin and wasted no time. He swung his fist in a haymaker at Ronnin's jaw while his other hammered towards his gut with great force. In a sudden flash of instinct, he suddenly ducked down and drove his foot up towards his opponent's crotch.

He picked up his sword and stepped back, holding it in a defensive position.

"What do I want with a high school kid? I don't have business with a high-school kid. I have business with a liar, thief and murderer. I guess that's you."

Ronnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ronnin

Seeing how the intruder’s reflexes seemingly improved with each passing minute, Franklin knew he had to chain his attacks and fighting style in mid movement if he had any hope of hitting him. It seemed to proven successful, as he watched The Reaper head downward to the floor. On fighting instinct the teen moved back, to avoid a leg sweep or any other type of recovery attack. The attack did come, in the form of half a dozen crucifixes. The razor like sharpened crosses ripped through the air of the room, as they zeroed in on Frankie’s face. Growing closer as they travelled across the room, it looked as though he was swatting away flies as he batted them away. Tings and thuds rang in his ears as the sword zipped back and forth in front of his face, leaving the crucifixes stabbed into walls and laying at his feet.

Still holding the handle of sword in a backhanded fashion, he figured it would be best to work on the defensive. For the Reaper though had great instincts on dodging and counter, his attacks were filled with holes and opening begging to be exploited. Taking his stance he watched the man return to his feet in a ninja like type of way, before thrusting his fist forward aiming for the procrastinating precog’s jaw. "Sorry there will be no first round K.O.’s for you." He said as he brought up the sword that was turned so the edges were facing away from the Reaper, and sliding his free hand down the wide side of the sword for support blocking the punch. The intruder’s fist slammed into the blade, like a raging bull into a wall. Sending Franklin sliding backwards from the force of the impact, before he felt a second sledgehammer like fist in his gut lifting him a few inches off the ground.

"Was that suppose to hurt…" Bluffing he said while stilling holding Reaper’s fist at bay with his sword. Because the second punch was so swift he couldn’t tighten his muscle completely, allowing some of the wind to be knocked out of him. Then without even thinking he moved his hand from the width of the blade and as the handle tilted forward towards Reaper’s face. Franklin let the blade of the sword balance on the man’s fist as it twirled 45 degrees, while flipping his hand over the handle from back to forehanded. Before using the moment to slice at his neck, planning to cut him from ear to ear with the intent to have him choke on his own blood.

As quick and unpredictable his attack was, Frankie found his attack being slower then the man’s reflexes. His eyes boiled over with anger, as his sword only sliced off the top of the Reaper’s hood. Blinded by anger do the confusion of not knowing if he was only being toyed with, he didn’t see the movement of when The Reaper’s foot came up and met with his crotch. His eyes widened and tiered up as they almost bulged out form their sockets. The pain of feeling like a thousand daggers had been stabbed up into his lower stomach shot out in ever direction in his body leaving him paralyzed. The hand that held the sword un-clinched allowing gravity to pull it to the floor. Grabbing his groin, Franklin’s face became flushed as he dropped to his knees and fell over into the fetal position.

Gasping for air the clairvoyant wonder let out a soul shaking groan, as he watched the man pick up his sword and take a defensive stand while looking down at him and saying. "What do I want with a high school kid? I don't have business with a high-school kid. I have business with a liar, thief and murderer. I guess that's you." If his eye’s could have widened more they would have, for he could not deny that a few years ago he was those things. Using his ability as a way to somewhat act out by doing and taking what he wanted because he could. But since that night with Angela, his life took another path. Not using his gift for personal gain but becoming a protector. "H-how.. do y-you... know.. who I u-use to be… and how d-did you… find out w-who I am?" he coughed out as he slowly began trying make it back to his feet. Waiting only enough time for a response, he placed his hand un his ripped shirt and pressed a button his belt buckle. Teleporting himself outside, he went into his pocket locking for his keys as he mounted his bike. Finding his key he put them in the ignition and turned it, the engine roared to life and revving the throttle he speed off into the street to the inner city.

White Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By White Reaper

He watched in satisfaction as Ronnin keeled over in a most satisfying way. He held his sword up as he groaned around in a fetal position. He was in pain, there was no denying that.

"H-how.. do y-you... know.. who I u-use to be… and how d-did you… find out w-who I am?"

"It was no easy task. I admit that. I've been looking into old metahuman crimes, hoping to find the little fishes who slipped through Justice's Net. You're particular murder was easily traced when I dug a little deeper and found that the weapon was one of your fancy little shurikens. After that, it took only one phonecall to find out who still used those weapons. The man I spoke to knew you. Knew you and liked you. You were a part of his team and he liked you but he liked me more. After all, family comes before friends. That's something that he and I have always known."

He raised his sword, preparing to thrust it into the prostrate body lying on the floor. It was aimed at his belly. Belly wounds were painful and not instantly fatal. It might take Ronnin a long and painful time to die if he stuck it in the right spot.

"But enough of the chitchat. Time to make you squeal like the filthy pig that you are."

He brought the blade down. It hit the ground. Moments before the sword would have gutted him, Ronnin disappeared with a pop of displaced air. What! He must have teleported. Where the hell is he now? He hoped that the range of the teleporter wasn't far. In seeming answer to his prayer, he heard the sound of a motorbike starting. He was only just outside the house. The Reaper bgan to run.

Without slowing he crashed into the window facing out towards the front of the house. He landed on the ground to see Ronnin's motorcycle starting the down the street. No. He was not to be getting away that easily. Taking a deep breath, the Reaper began to run.

He quickly reached speeds that Olympic sprinters would have been envious of. He surpassed even those speeds a moment later. Soon he had reached his maximum speed of fifty miles per hour. But he could still not catch the bike. He had chased it down into the city streets where the fading light stung him and lessened him. He was tiring. Unfortunately, motorcycles did not tire.

With a roar, he pulled out an unextended sythe, around a foot long. Mustering his flagging stamina he ran forward on a final desperate boost and threw the small scythe at the figure on the motorcycle. He didn't see what happened after that because he simply ran out of stamina to keep us such a speed. He collapsed in an alleyway, drawing strength from it's shadows.

Hopefully, the sycthe had gotten him. He could not be sure though. He would have to track Ronnin down. He thought about it. In this city, where was Ronnin most likely to go?

Underneath his mask, he grinned as the sun sank further towards the horizon. Ronnin will no doubt suffer for this. There was no doubt whatsoever.

Ronnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ronnin
The sky had filled with a mixture of reds, oranges and yellows. Making it look as though it had caught ablaze, while the the glowing ball known as the sun was being pulled down faster by the horizon. It never crossed Franklin's mind that he would be the one that would be at a disadvantage once the sun fell and the sky became dark and blanketed with stars, that would not be seen do to the light pollution of the city. Riding deeper into the heart of the city in the twilight known as dusk, he finally had enough time to process the Reaper's words.

"It was no easy task. I admit that. I've been looking into old met human crimes, hoping to find the little fishes who slipped through Justice's Net. You're particular murder was easily traced when I dug a little deeper and found that the weapon was one of your fancy little shurikens. After that, it took only one phone call to find out who still used those weapons. The man I spoke to knew you. Knew you and liked you. You were a part of his team and he liked you but he liked me more. After all, family comes before friends. That's something that he and I have always known."

Some of his confusion was cleared up as the mentioning of someone on the team that he was assigned to not to long ago. There had only been a few teammates that he has had time to interact with since joining. With little deduction he knew of the man he spoke. A certain immortal that though they constantly have gone back and forth, he could tell it was out of fun and that the two on some level were friends. If it were true that the two were actually family, that didn't stop Franklin form feeling some level of betrayal. "I guess my team file is where he got my information from, good thing I left out something... But once this is done, I going to have some words about me being sold out to this nut job..." He was thinking to himself until he noticed a shadow gaining on his, causing his to turn his back back and see that he was still being pursue still. "Geez just who the hell is this guy..." The words sped through his mind as he looked down to see that he was going 55 mph, and was still being kept up with. Twisting the throttle he accelerated and quickly White Reaper became a vision in the far distance.

"Finally, now I should have sometime to figure out my next move." He blurted out, as the wind whipped through his raven hair. Franklin's eyes widened and his pupils dilated, and his hands released the the handle bars of his motorcycle as a small scythe met with the center of his back. "UGHHHHHH!!!!" he yelled out as a one quick jolt of shock flew through his nervous system before his body went dead. sending him and his motorcycle sliding into traffic, where they are met by a speeding SUV. He gasped deeply as his pupils returned to their normal size, reviling that it was just one of his visions. Quickly squeezing the brakes he jerked the bike to the left sending it into a power slid as he leaped from it spinning his body, looking like a pro BMX rider in the middle of a flat spin 540 trick.

He could hear the whistling from the blade of the scythe as it ripped through the air in between the bike and himself. Somersaulting and landing he heard the sound of twisting metal and tire skidding behind him. "Ok, this is really making it hard for me to finish that report... I don't need this right now." He said as a swam of of spider like nanobots washed over his body like a wave. Fading like the sun was in the horizon he vanished with the activation of his stealth device. The hunted would now become the hunter, as Ronnin stalked around the alleyways that he last saw the Reaper. Finding his prey, the clairvoyant fighting machine draw and extended his bo staff before running towards his pursuer. Then leaping in the air and extending out his left leg, Ronnin went to send into the unsuspecting Reapers chest while at the same time aiming the end of his bo staff into his throat.

Planning to drive him to the ground, with that attack before jumping and spinning around the staff. The force would crush his wind pipe as it grinded in the Reaper's adams apple, before he he came down knees first on the mans chest with enough force to break his ribs or at least crack a few before deactivating his cloaking device. and speaking. "Ok, I don't know where you got your information from... But I'm no meta, and though I maybe have been a thief I am no murderer." He stopped for a moment and reached into his cape. "It makes sense to me now... I did not murder that jeweler, he was the murderer, he killed... he killed..."  He couldn't bring himself to say her name, as he stood to his feet dropping miniatures mines on the Reaper before teleporting away. 
White Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By White Reaper

Reaper slowly walked down the alleyways. He had no idea whether his scythe had done something or not but it presented to him a problem. He was currently out of scythes. All he had now was his sword. Best to keep that close to hand. He gazed through his mask at the city beyond. He was sure that it was dark and probably wasn't particulary colourful. Still, that was one of the things he missed the most. Colour. He saw the world through monochrome.

He continued walking before stopping. Something was wrong. He felt...danger! He quickly stepped back and felt a brush of air as something passed where he had been. Invisible? He drew his sword. Wait for it...Wait for it...now! At the feeling of his Intuition, he swung his sword in a wide arc in front of him. The sword glanced something. That something, deflected downawrds from it's course to his throat smashed him in the chest instead. He puffed as the wind was driven out of him.

Something even heavier then hit his chest again, driving him down. He felt the odd feeling that came from at least one of his ribs moving in ways they shouldn't move. A small ache started there but that was all. The air shimmered as Ronnin appeared, sitting on his chest.

"Ok, I don't know where you got your information from... But I'm no meta, and though I maybe have been a thief I am no murderer."

He was no meta? What? He had clairovoyant abilities. The boy was foolish, hiding what he should be embracing.

"Wrong," he hissed. "You are a murderer. You cannot run forever."

He ended his sentance by gargling and spitting into his assailants face.

Ronnin stood off him and the Reaper quickly jumped for his feet, swinging his sword. The boy threw a handful of things at him. When they hit him, he found out their function soon enough. They exploded against his body in minature explosions. He felt a sting as it shredded parts of his cloak but his skin remained unmarked.

"Try again."

He saw Ronnin reach for his belt, no doubt for his teleporter. Coward. Well, he was not getting away that easily. He leapt forward in a blur, latching an arm around Ronnin's chest with one hand and driving his fist towards his face with the other.

The teleporter activated and Ronnin disappeared. Only this time, he wasn't the only one. The White Reaper was coming along for the ride.