#1 Edited by _Genesis_Incorporated_ (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Ideas make the world Go Around

"The massacre known as the Ninjan Invasion of Earth brought it's inhabitants to it's knees. 40% of the Earth's populace, gone because of some psychotic communist from space. Cities left in ruin, countries left in disaster. It seemed like the end of the world. But we saw a few, and then a many, who stood and fought against the invaders. Heroes, villains, people in between, they stood together against a common threat, and then went to their separate ways, back to their lives. This, gentlemen, is why I have brought you here today. In these days and ages, more and more of the world's young people are gaining abilities and skills that would lead to accidents, or worse, if they are pointed in the wrong direction. Be it they get them from their family, chance, or any other form of it, they represent quite a problem if left unchecked. However, if we place our hands in the situation, we can make this new generation a force to be reckon with."

-Anonymous 

Genesis Incorporated is the product of the work and planning of the man, whoever he may be, quoted above. It is a school, or camp, or something of that nature, for young people of the newer generation. It is not a way of teaching this new generation to be poster boys (or girls for that matter...), it's a way of sending them in the direction they choose. Whether they choose to be heroes, villains, or neutrals is not a concern; it's a way of making sure they can work efficiently under circumstances where they have to.

Nova Invicta

The huge ship that Genesis Incorporated uses as a base of operations was originally used as a cruise ship, meant to sail from Japan to the antarctic region. The idea was discontinued, despite how ready the the ship had been made, and the ship was shoved into a dock and forgotten, as no one could afford it. Bought by the secretive founders of the project, it was refurbished adding a training area to the lower deck, a helipad, and defense systems. Most of the additions of the ship were kept. A restaurant, a full rec room, a meeting room, a pool, and other things standard of a cruise ship of it's standard. The founders apparently kept these to use as some incentive
 The Nova Invicta
for it's members. Members of the group are free to leave at any time they wish, if they have the means to, means such as the helicopter that is, for the most part, usually parked on the ship. This helicopter is used when taking the "team" on more dangerous missions, given by the original founder of the group, who remains anonymous.

The ship is equipped with a fully functioning staff, for both the new additions and the ships restaurant and such. Some more specific staff have been added for the sake of the group and it's specific members, for most occurrences. 

• Drill Sergeant Mitchel R. Richards- Mitchel Richards, a veteran for the U.S. military, was a former military drill sergeant. He left, but was hired by the founders of Genesis       Incorporation to serve as a "coach" down on the lower deck, and a sort of peace keeper, to the group. He will try to settle any overzealous arguments that arise.
  • Doctor Cara O'Sullivan- A doctor who has experience as a field medic, she was hired due to her knowledge of combat wounds and medical flexibility.
  • Pilot Thomas Allen- The pilot of the ship's helicopter, Thomas brings the team to, as said, their more dangerous missions, which he's well trained in doing.

The Peace Keeper
The Doctor
The Pilot

OOC

This is the vine's newest team for the new generation of supers! You people probably already know the deal, so here are the rules.
  • Heroes, Neutrals, and Villains may join.
  • Characters of ages 10-21 may join.
  • Standard RP rules apply.
  • No bickering OOC. Try to keep it friendly. Take a break if you get in an argument, we've all been there.
  • If your gonna be away for a while, tell us, especially if we have an RP planned.
  • HAVE FUN AND SH#T! =D

#2 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap Sha was a communist?

Gooden lucken kiddies! Don't let the wolf man tear you apart.

Puzzler gonna getcha!

#3 Posted by .Ajax. (2480 posts) - - Show Bio

the wolf man should be worried about me tearing him apart ;)

#4 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Ajax.
I'mma tell him you said that. He gon' bring a league of assassin's at you.
#5 Posted by _Tails_ (933 posts) - - Show Bio
@Westlife: We have two connections with the LoS actually, I doubt they would attack us. ;P
#6 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Tails_
Well it depends on how deep your connection runs. How is it? Puzz is a valued member, I don't think they want a kid tryin' to tear him apart. Might mean an exception.
#7 Posted by .Ajax. (2480 posts) - - Show Bio

@Westlife said:

@_Tails_: Well it depends on how deep your connection runs. How is it? Puzz is a valued member, I don't think they want a kid tryin' to tear him apart. Might mean an exception.

Pretty sure we actually have 3 connections to the LoS

#8 Posted by _Tails_ (933 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Ajax.: Three? I count Jade and Kratesis.
@Westlife
Kratesis is the "daughter" of Impero and Lady Liberty, who are some of the more valuable members of the LoS. Jade is also here, but she seems less attuned with the rest of the League.
#9 Posted by .Ajax. (2480 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Tails_ said:

@.Ajax.: Three? I count Jade and Kratesis.
@Westlife: Kratesis is the "daughter" of Impero and Lady Liberty, who are some of the more valuable members of the LoS. Jade is also here, but she seems less attuned with the rest of the League.

The third remains a secret ;)

#10 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Tails_
Ah, then it looks like a question of whether Jade & Kratesis likes you guys more or Puzz more, and/or if the league takes an offense on one member as an offense on all.
#11 Posted by Ishin (6786 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Ajax.: You running this man? If so, props.

#12 Posted by _Tails_ (933 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Ajax.: Alts don't count, by the way :P
@Westlife: Well, if the wolf man comes and attacks us, it's his own fault. I doubt the LoS would care if he was obviously being an idiot.
#13 Posted by _Tails_ (933 posts) - - Show Bio
@Impero said:

@.Ajax.: You running this man? If so, props.

I did this actually :P
#14 Posted by .Ajax. (2480 posts) - - Show Bio

No I am not!

Ahh damn :P

#15 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Tails_
They might. He did help them hack into JLI and start infiltrate fighting them.
#16 Posted by _Tails_ (933 posts) - - Show Bio
@Westlife: Well I doubt they would hold a grudge because they were defending themselves.
#17 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Tails_

Unless somebody paid them...Hmm.....

Nah, we ain't that type o' guy.

#18 Posted by _Tails_ (933 posts) - - Show Bio

(Time to break the ice! lol)
Dick, with his hands shoved in his pockets, walked around the ship. He'd never been too far out to sea before, but he took it well. He was adaptive. He leaned on the railing and looked out to the ocean, it's water under the stars.

#19 Posted by Surefire (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Zach appeared on the deck, following a brief flash of crimson light. Almost immediately, his stomach begged of him to find the nearest kitchen. He silenced it, instead looking around to get his bearings.

#20 Posted by Madam_Jade (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Jade stood at the bow of the ship, up on the edge, despite the questionable safety of her position. She stood, statuesque, fists clenched firmly at her sides, clothes waving in the salty breeze, as the ship sailed into the setting sun.

#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92254 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been waiting for this to come around with all the Vine kids running around :D

Amazing job on the OP! Who's running this?

#22 Posted by Surefire (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Punk/Tails.

#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92254 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesomeeeeeeeee

#24 Edited by Surefire (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madam_Jade: Surefire noticed her from a distance, and his photographic memory instantly recognized her face. A smile spread across his face, and he vanished. Not even a second later, he appeared on the edge next to her. "Hello, beautiful." The grin was still wide across his face.

#25 Posted by Madam_Jade (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surefire: "Hello..." Jade whispered into the wind, keeping her eyes locked on the horizon.

#26 Posted by _Quickster_ (1531 posts) - - Show Bio

The child speedster stood, bent over, his head stuck in the refrigerator, an armful of various meats, lettuce, tomatoes, cheeses, jars of mayonnaise, one of mustard, ketchup, peanut butter and jelly in one arm, an apple in the other, speaking with his mouth full into his earpiece. "No, not one bit. You're the only one I'd ever trust with my identity. Hm? No. They think I'm on a school trip, so I've got a few days. Look, I'm about to be busy, I gotta go. Bye." With lightning speed he diced the lettuce and tomatoes and piled them, along with all of the meats, cheeses, and condiments onto a slice of bread and shoved a second slice on top. "Bon appetit."

#27 Posted by Surefire (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madam_Jade: "Oh, this is brooding time. Right." He assumed the spider-man pose, his face getting serious to the point of overexaggeration. "Am I doing it right?"

#28 Posted by Madam_Jade (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surefire: "That depends on your intent." Jade replied, flipping through the air and landing silently on the deck.

#29 Posted by Surefire (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madam_Jade: Observing the flip, he mimicked it perfectly, even down to the landing. "I dunno. Crime runs rampant, my parents are bread?"

#30 Posted by Madam_Jade (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surefire: Jade simply studied the boy for a moment. "You seem to take great pleasure in vexing me." she said, turning and walking away.

#31 Posted by Surefire (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madam_Jade: "What can I say? Annoying people comes naturally." He followed, having nothing better to do.

#32 Posted by Madam_Jade (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surefire: "It is not a skill I was taught in my training." she replied, staying a few steps ahead of him, "But I see by your continued existence that it has some use."

#33 Posted by Surefire (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madam_Jade: "Must be doing something right. This charming mouth of mine can make criminals surrender out of sheer agony." He laced his fingers behind his head as he walked.

#34 Posted by Madam_Jade (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surefire: "Hm..." Jade murmured, running low on patience. Without warning, she turned on her heel and snatched the bow from his shoulder. "What do you think of your weapon?" she asked blatantly, holding it up at eye level.

#35 Posted by Surefire (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madam_Jade: He didn't flinch. "Oh no, I have been disarmed. Whatever will I do?" He shrugged, staring straight at her. "It's brilliant, and hasn't let me down thus far."

#36 Posted by Madam_Jade (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surefire: "No, boy..." she said sharply, her eye locked on him as the red lens caught the light of the setting sun, adding to her intense appearance, "What does it mean to you?"

#37 Posted by Surefire (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madam_Jade: "You look kind of hot, like that." He stated plainly, apparently having missed her question. "Oh. Well, it's a tool. An extension of myself, even. It helps me put the bad guys away. Because, let's be honest.. the mouth ain't gonna do it on its own."

#38 Posted by Madam_Jade (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surefire: She dropped the useless, ugly thing back into the hands of its owner. "Wrong answer." she whispered coldly, walking down the length of the ship and vanishing through the door of the training area.

#39 Posted by Surefire (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madam_Jade: "You seriously expect a thought-out answer out of a teen-" He pinched his temples. "I have no idea why the hell I'm doing this.." He muttered, pushing through the doors to the training area. "Alright then, Miss Symbolic, what does it mean?"

#40 Edited by Madam_Jade (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surefire: Jade knelt in the center of the vast training area, the lights turned down so that the only illumination came from the windows high above. Her yumi was laid out before her and one could see, up close, the strips threaded around the handle came to point at either end in the shape of a serpents head, the same serpent emblazoned in her flesh with red ink. Her eyes narrowed on the bow, finally closing as she spoke, "When a man goes to war... not a war of nations, but a war of the heart, the body, and the soul... his weapon cannot be a mere tool. People like us, we fight monsters who treat weapons in such a way. We sacrifice so much... everything that we are... in order to hunt them. We cannot surrender that. Our weapon must guide us in our mission as much as we use it to complete that mission. It brings justification to our hollow existence. Whether we fight to preserve something pure... or to punish those who have already defiled it, we must never lose sight of our weapon. It protects us when we care so little about protecting ourselves. It is all that can get us through the battle... through the mission... through the war." She bowed her head in shadow, laying her hands gently across her bow. "Now, do you understand?"

#41 Posted by Surefire (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madam_Jade: For once, he was silent. When he spoke, his voice was actually calm and level. "Yeah." He exhaled, looking up at the ceiling. "Almost makes me feel bad for annoying you."

#42 Posted by Madam_Jade (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surefire: "Indeed." she replied, rising to her feet. "Now, then..." she muttered, kicking off her boots as she wandered into the supply room off to the side of the gym, "You should learn to respect more than one weapon." She emerged with two fencing suits and a pair of swords. She cast one of the suits, helmets, and swords to her fellow archer and walked toward the locker room. "Be ready when I come back." she ordered. There was a certain subtle, nigh-undetectable amount of levity in her voice. Most likely, it was simple relief that she had gotten through to him. The boy who had everything left to lose.

#43 Posted by Surefire (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madam_Jade:

"But I already-" He was cut off before he could mention the fencing videos he'd already watched. Shrugging, he put the gear on. As he waited, he began to hum Journey.

#44 Edited by Madam_Jade (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surefire: Jade reemerged in her white fencing suit. "Study is nothing compared to practice." she said to him plainly. She was well aware of his keen ability to master a task simply by observing it, but watching others was no way to train oneself. She took her position on the mat and raised her sword.

"En garde."
#45 Posted by _SpiderBoy_ (1027 posts) - - Show Bio

Venture launched out of the water and his feet slammed onto the deck, he was wearing nothing but swimming shorts and his family medallion. "So this is the vessel? Could have been bigger" He muttered to himself as he swiped his finger across the railing.

#46 Posted by Kratesis (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Venture_Kid: The spray of the water reveals an armored, athletic figure. Rather then adjusting the trion to compensate she deactivates the invisibility weave, flickering into view. She looks him up and down, a long, and measuring gaze. Kratesis prefers to know with what she deals.

The silence stretches on.

#47 Posted by _SpiderBoy_ (1027 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kratesis: Venture looks at her with his classic arrogant eyebrow raise. "Hmm..." After a bit of staring he continued to look out to the sea.

#48 Posted by .Ajax. (2480 posts) - - Show Bio

Ajax notices the team member launch out of the water and land on the deck of the ship. He thought a sub-mariner would be an excellent addition to the team. He walked towards the new team mate and outstretched his unarmoured hand and said, "Hey man, I'm Ajax"

#49 Posted by _Tails_ (933 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Ajax.: (Remember the reply button :) )
#50 Posted by .Ajax. (2480 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Tails_ said:

@.Ajax.: (Remember the reply button :) )

I'm confused lol