_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By _Nox_

No Caption Provided

It went on for a while. A lot of bent up hate between them, it's not like those good vs evil battles where the hero and villain know little about each other besides the fact that they despise one another. Quintus had known Mark since birth, maybe a heir to his legacy he once hoped. But that was yesterday....Today, it was a dance of devils and snakes.

No Caption Provided

On a fair fight Quintus would kill me in three minutes, five if he starts toying with me. When he first "died" and went to hell, he trained with the demons and learned their fighting style. That's why I made sure that this wasn't a fair fight. I've been rigging this building for months, since the moment that I took a step on the League's Monastery. Rage is a good fuel but it burns out rather quickly. The thirst for revenge is different, the gaping spot in your gut that keeps you awake at night knowing that the you failed and that you can't do anything about it, that frustration that has made me forget what happiness felt like. THAT'S what brought me here.

"What's wrong, child? Have you finally run out of taunts or perhaps are you too choked up on your own blood to speak?"

No Caption Provided

"I was just wondering what type of glue you used for your beard". Keep talking, don't lose consciousness now when you're so close.

I've taken into account every possible step that he might take, every misstep that Icould make. I knew that I wasn't just going to walk out of here without taking a few hits, in fact I accepted that I would have to crawl myself from this building. The only thing that matters is making sure that he doesn't get out of here alive, even if I have to stop my own heart in the process. People like him don't deserve to breathe.

THUD

My arm goes numb, it's a good thing because instead of being concentrated on the pain I can focus on hirting him instead. I need to be smart, he's been studying me since birth, he knows that way I'm going to hit him before I do. Need to do something unexpected, a move that I would have never dared to do in front of him before. He never did wear a cup.

No Caption Provided

I have less than a second before he actually starts trying to kill me, kicking him there might have made for a funny slapstick but it pissed him off. He can be a real bastard when he gets angry.

Crack!

"RAARGH" The Living Weapon kicked the Cardinal Mamba's knee cap, splitting it in two. As he fell on his knee, he swoop in and grabbed the other foot by the ankle and bluntly performed an elbow strike towards the upper leg, shattering it. it was difficult for him to realize what had just happened, everything seemed to be going in his favor and then it wasn't. He would try to crawl away with his teeth if it wasn'e so pointless.

No Caption Provided

"Is this what the Knightfalls have been reduced to? A sniveling child pursuing some futile closurewho is too much of an imbecile to realize it doesn't exits." One of the traps, flash bangs could buy me some time to come up with a plan.

"Codewor-AGH". He steps on my mouth, like I'm just some piece of land he just conquered. I want to do something but I can't. I can't even try to bite through the boot, the bottom taste like old leather and dirt. Body is not responding.

"Enough, it's over. It's time for me to correct past mistakes. Do not fight it". His hands begin wrapping themselves around my neck, he could crush but he wants to see me take my last breath. I try to move it with my dislocated arm, it's no use.

" I want you to know that I was not lying about Ashley. After I'm finished with you I will go and do the same to her and that clone. I want YOU to die without peace, knowing that it was all for nothing. Knowing that you will not be avenged".Everything is going dark, I have to fight. I can't let him. He can't.

With the last bit of strength that Mark's body could gather he pressed his thumbs against his grandfather's eyes, blood ushered from the Demon's eyes. His sclera was covered in crimson while the iris still showed the classic Klein color that once made him a renowned bachelor. Mark could barely move, only one of his arms was still working. Raysh wouldn't stop, he was a force of nature. Beneath everything Mark could hear his heartbeat drumming to the rhythm of war drums.

In anger Quintus leaped towards Mark like a predatory lion about to pounce on its prey.

Shik!

No Caption Provided

Mark didn't even think about it, he just grabbed one of his katanas and stabbed him in the chest as Raysh had done to him. He was surprised that he even did it. Quintus's expression was in shock at first, he kept fighting it, just couldn't accept that he had let his pride get the best of him. He had him where he wanted Mark, could have finished him in a second, but he wanted to watch him suffer.

Trembling he took out a small metallic box from his utility belt, a piece of magi-tech ironaclly christened “Pandora's box” because instead of freeing evil, it was able to trap it. Just killing someone like Quintus was not enough, eventually he would inevitably escape Satan's reign. His soul couldn't be allowed to return down there.

A green essence was absorbed into the box and finally Mark wept.

It's over, it's finally over. I can start my life now. I won. After so much time I can't believe this. It's over. It's over.

For those of you who thought that Raysh wasn't really dead. This is also a little experiment, the story sort of skips around the time of the battle from Mark being confident to nearly dying.

Felix_Faraday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Awesome!

Avatar image for quintus_knightfall
Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Excellent flow dude. Well done. Diggin how you display Mark's prep as a weapon.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@quintus_knightfall:

I couldnt kill the most dangerous man alive without cheating.

We need to do something with Charles and Mark soon.