Exemplars - (CVxU - Secret Multiversal Organization)

• 60 results
Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mercy_: I will be waiting for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: still i liked the concept

It was originally designed so that people who had events in mind that would result in the constant wholesale reshaping of the world (week after week at times) could instead take place in any number of realities and not impose such endless changes on the whole.

Street-level and less grandiose concepts would not always be swallowed up by the grander scale things and they were never intended to operate directly in the CVnU openly.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i remember talking with you about it while back. was gonna use a concept of eddy i never used. Edward the red.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i remember talking with you about it while back. was gonna use a concept of eddy i never used. Edward the red.

There are 36 slots so if you ever want to reserve one just send me a short bio like the ones I have above and join the club (LOL)

The only rule is you cannot run roughshod over the CVnU with them (because they are so damn powerful), but events that take place in another reality go nuts as it does not affect anyone else. The main active U should always feel as if its fate is in everyones hands and not just a couple of ridiculously powerful alts.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: Put me down as one then may make me finally write Eddy the red lol. He will only be used in a oneshot blog unless this was doing something anyways.

Edward the Red, the first of his name. Having grown tired of the political squabbles of the world the former prince of power united the world under one banner his own. Influencing the mind of the world's leaders at one fateful G8 meeting his powers grew until the whole world had one mind one will and one vision his own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whisper_@mercy_

Updated the roster, please review for approval as to your additions.

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As Ian strode the halls of Ascension Point, there was no mistaking the deeply rooted feeling that his very presence upon his former home now felt outright foreign to self and all involved. All the years spent stationed as monitor of AR-0202, as well as the numerous covert activities across the multiverse, had made his staggered returns uncomfortable affairs, even in a complex partially of his own design. Where he was once among the inner circle of the rebirth of the organization, he was now viewed as near outsider by the newer recruits, someone they knew mostly from files, reports, and war stories. The solitude and secretive nature of his work towards their shared mandate had over time surrounded him with an air tinged by jealousy, fear, and mistrust. There was no mistaking that Ian had well become a stranger in the closest place he had left to call home since his true one had been lost, failed in its defence were the very peers that held him at a distance. While he did not blame them for judging him in certain regards, based upon his ties loosening over time, were only they privy to the reasons behind his actions one and all would see the man in a far different light.

Ian - "Hard to tell anymore who still has a grudge, who is wary of me for one reason of another, and who simply has no idea who I am."

Wilhelm- "The world, their world, moved on without us Ian. We've spent so many years pretending not to exist, hidden from the outside world. We were rarely, if ever, a part of their lives to develop the same kinds of bonds as we did with those during the First Reality War. There are so few left from that period, even if we count the rebuilding era, most not lost to the tides of war have been retired by injury or requiring a semblance of a normal-ish life of their own.

Ian - "Then there are us two idiots."

Wilhelm - "Yes, then there is us."

With little more than returning nods of acknowledgement from the small number of fellow Exemplars that passed him by, there was no fanfare for the return of a wandering son. Making his way towards a section of the station reserved for secure and private meetings Ian entered to find himself the last of the three to arrive. Taking a seat among old friends he wished nothing more than to allow himself to open up and partake in the camaraderie they once shared on a daily basis, but the focus of this meeting was of the utmost importance to Ian, and their tired demeanor already told him he was not going to like what they had to say.

Ian - "I believe it is more than fair to say I've been inhumanly patient under the circumstances, possibly I need to rehash a little history we all shared and should be fully aware of. I've spent over a decade acting as the living weapon of deterrent, something we all know was a role thrust on me against my will or want, I sold my soul in ways unmentionable to bring that war to an end. Yet here we are, many years past and in a state of relative peace, and no progress has been made on sharing or taking on that mantle. This multiversal armistice came with a steep cost, and I seem to be the only one still paying for it. So tell me, is my successor something you are all still unable to accomplish as you have stated...or simply unwilling out of fear of staining your own souls in kind?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Armistice stood with arms crossed and locked in place among the endless expanse, a lone being who at the same time could be considered nowhere while a figurative step away from everywhere. To the uninitiated the empty space around him would seem to go on in every direction, an infinite blank space with a significance all but unexplainable, but for one of his experiences and abilities it told a vastly different story. Those with the capability to ascertain the hidden boundaries between realities could determine that not all was as it seemed as it pertained to one specific reality, one that had escaped notice and inquiry until recently.

The barriers between realities had always varied in their consistency as the factors that determined the status of such subspace fields were numerous and beyond all but a few to realize. Those very small, yet intricate differences were the basis for which not only the relative strength of said barriers, but as a means to differentiate and apply a designation where alternate realities could be catalogued for purposes of study and travel. Many advanced cultures referred to this as a quantum signature based upon their level of understanding as to the inner workings of the multiverse, a term that while that in name alone proved not to encompass all the actual factors in play, was for most purposes an assumption that was not only a usable, but working theory in many applications.

Since the inception of the Exemplars as an organization, thousands upon thousands of realities had been documented, monitored, even defended from external forces. A war beyond the comprehension of nearly all who will ever live and die won at the most bitter of costs in its defence, and yet there were still firsts with which to be discovered. The barrier with which to enter this reality was vastly different than any previously encountered, as forces from within its confines were somehow being tapped in a manner that shielded it from both entry or escape from all but those with the most refined capabilities with which to traverse the multiverse itself. Someone or something intended to segregate itself from among its theoretically limitless peers for reasons and circumstances unknown.

Interesting. Haven't seen anything even resembling this since....

Exemplar Reality Database

Designation - AR-0303

Designated By: Armistice / Dr.Ian Pierce

Monitor: N/A

Avatar image for deactivated-5791568072712
deactivated-5791568072712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Provisional Exemplar - Progress Report (6-Month)

Subject: Whisper / Olivia Anderson

Mentor: Andromeda / Sarafina Charlevoix

Trainers: Armistice / Dr. Ian Pierce, Andferne / Andy Summers

Assessment - (Provided by mentor)

• Olivia shows consistent improvement in honing her abilities based on the reports given by each and every one of her primary and secondary trainers. Her having grown up among us on Ascension Point for nearly the entirety of her life has allowed her to acclimate to the very imposing position much easier than most. Being the child of two of our own it could be said she really was born for this.
  • Andy has shown some concern as to her difficulties in making close working relationships among her peers, part of this is obviously due to her being significantly younger than the majority of the organization, but the spectre of the circumstances behind her parents deaths seems to still hang over her to this day. Even after all these years many cannot seem to look at her and not be reminded of that event, why she has to pay for something that happened when she was just a child is a mistake we must amend one day.
  • While Ian has been practically nonexistent among us for some time, and barely qualifies as an official trainer at this point, it should be noted that he has unofficially mentored her for most of her life. It is his demand recommendation that even after her year-long provisional period ends, that she be assigned to an experienced Exemplar as a partner for at least another year. Unlike the rest of us she grew up here and never gained any field experience in a prior role before being recruited into our ranks, talented as she is, the lack of actual field work is a concern.
  • If there is any area of concern, it is that she seems to have inherited the stubbornness of her father, and the tendency to break bend the rules at will just like her dear Uncle Ian (sigh). Lucky for us all she also inherited some of her mother's saintly good nature or else she would be a real terror.
  • At this point I endorse the suggestions of my fellow trainers and while more than satisfied with her progress, will still need additional oversight even after her standard provisional period.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The event that would be documented as the Siege of Aparx IV began just as many other threats of a multiversal nature had. A being of sufficient power and capability came upon the unique (only in their mind) idea of recruiting a number of his alternate reality analogues with which to conquer an unprepared world. Negotiations among the various iterations of himself took months, even if all found the potential for vast personal gain by such an alliance, at the same time they all knew they could not trust themselves, preparations and contingencies had to be made to ensure all would share in the spoils and not fall prey to one of their own.

With the deal done, all that was left was to choose a target that would satisfy the cabal's greed, at least towards the first of what was expected to be a series of worlds destined to rule under their iron fist. At the very least at least one planet for each of them to call their own, no one globe could ever hope to contain their combined ambitions for long. After a series of deliberations the birthplace of their soon to be galactic empire was chosen, first Aparx IV, then the other 14 worlds in their system would fall to their might. The Denares System was chosen specifically for its comparative lack of technological progress in comparison to their own, they would march like gods among mortal men. They would prove their superiority and break the will of the people, in time they would beg to serve their new masters over facing certain death.

One by one the eight versions of Tagon teleported onto the surface of the planet and made their presence known in a most spectacular fashion. The capital city of Viril was built upon the sacred ruins of earlier civilizations of their world, fragile yet monumental reminders of how far they had come as a people, soon to be destroyed as proof of their immense power. Each of them held the innate ability to control not only the element of earth, but seismic control over whatever lands they set foot upon. One had the power to shake a city block to the ground, the eight of them combined could level entire cities. Within seconds millennia of historical value was reduced to little more than rubble and dust, irreplaceable treasures crushed in an effort to break the will of the people and convince them that any attempt to struggle would be futile.

Tagon (AR-2258) - "HEAR ME APARXITES, YOU HAVE SEEN OUR POWER, SEND YOUR INSIGNIFICANT RULERS TO ACCEPT OUR TERMS OF SURRENDER OR WE SHALL TEAR YOUR CITIES TO THE GROUND."

Tagon (AR-8861) - "SEND US YOUR BRAVEST WARRIORS, WE WILL HAPPILY SLAY THEM IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES AND SHATTER WHATEVER ILLUSIONS OF HOPE YOU HOLD DEAR."

One by one they bellowed boasts of inevitable death and destruction should the populace not lay down their arms and kneel to their new emperors without hesitation. Yet in their hearts they not only expected, but wished for resistance, the bloodlust of such a cadre of despots would never be satisfied by anything less than wading through the bodies of their warrior caste and take the crown from their cold dead hands.

Tagon (AR-9874) - "Enough talk brothers, let us set an example for which they can be reminded of the power we wield."

Mere seconds were taken in selecting a structure which would be sacrificed in a display of utter superiority, nodding in approval he pointed his titanic halberd in the direction of a nearby school. The children inside glued to the windows at the sight of such giants of alien appearance marching through their homeland, the fear of such unchecked power not lost on the frightened youth. With an evil grin growing along his granite-like visage Tagon began to concentrate his power towards the building until...

His very form erupted in a flash of bright white energy, ripped apart at such a level nothing remained other than his halberd which fell at the feet of his astonished comrades.
His very form erupted in a flash of bright white energy, ripped apart at such a level nothing remained other than his halberd which fell at the feet of his astonished comrades.

Immediately the remaining seven turned in sync, mentally preparing themselves to unleash all of their combined fury in an act of savage retribution that would avenge their fallen brother as well as make a suitable display of what happened to those that disputed their claim. Only just as quickly as they had readied their counterattack, each and every one began to step back in a defensive posture, muttering among themselves with only one word repeated over all the others in a sign of recognition....Exemplar. A consensus was quickly made among their number and one was chosen to speak for them as a whole.

Tagon (AR-1597) - "We offer a cease-fire with which to discuss terms"

"Cease-fire?...I prefer to call it an Armistice"

The discussions that followed were by all means a very one-sided affair, as much as submitting was against their very nature, the resolution of this affair was decided the moment the Exemplar had made their presence known. Because the siege had been repelled before any civilian casualties had accumulated, the surviving versions of Tagon were allowed to return to their home realities unharmed. That is, with one very clear and direct threat before their retreat.

Armistice - "Take this as the only warning your kind will ever receive. Another such transgression and I will personally make you watch as your petty little empires are eradicated in front of your eyes, before ending your schemes and your lives. Do NOT test me...begone"

With that each were expelled from this reality and replaced within their own native ones before an acknowledgement of his words could be uttered. If he had not suitably got his point across, it literally would be their funeral should they attempt similar in the future.

Wilhelm - "Ian, Andromeda has sent yet another reminder that your presence is needed on Ascension Point tomorrow for your part in Olivia's provisional review."

Armistice - "Tell Sera unless we are married and I don't know it she does not get to nag me this much, I'll be there."

Wilhelm - "I'll just pretend that we both don't know she'll get her way by simply pouting in her patented sad puppy dog look that has worked on you for years."

Armistice - "............."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

His return to Ascension Point following the expediently repelled incursion documented as the Siege of Aparax IV had been spent in secluded contemplation within one of the fortresses Data Immersion Chambers. Cascading holographic images of beings of interest encircled him along with their corresponding dossiers in which all previously recorded data was arranged by probability of relevance. The chamber offered no capability or pertinent information he did not possess internally, yet examining things from the perspective of his fellow Exemplars through their collective efforts towards said reports and not his own, held value. The Exemplar database was set to prioritize all relevant data while excluding his own contributions from the results, the exercise was to remove himself from the equation entirely and view it as a neutral observer.

Armistice's presence would be required in a matter of hours to take his expected part in a review of one of their own as to her status as a provisional member of their legion, one in which he held a personal stake withheld even form most who knew him the most. Olivia was far from the first or last to be made an orphan from the myriad events within the history of the Exemplars, but she was a child of two of their own, she was family. Ian had been among the closer of her surrogate aunts and uncles for quite some time in the past, only to be pulled away from her by his work more and more as the years went by. It has been his intention to act as her mentor when the time came for her to ascend to their ranks, yet as she grew older he realized his influence was what he wanted, and not what she needed, so he stepped aside for Sera to take that place. Olivia was understandably hurt at the time at his relegation in status to one of her trainers over a direct mentorship, but he hoped one day would realize the suitability of her chosen mentor over him. His reasoning for deferring to his own former student was never articulated aloud, only after her provisional period had elapsed and she stood among them on her own merits would Ian ever divulge as to why.

No Caption Provided

Ian's seclusion within the chamber was suddenly interrupted by the very same former student with which his thoughts had recently drifted towards. A portal of sheer blackness manifested out of the array of holographic projections around him, the chamber pausing the transmission of data before disabling the display outright with the presence of another, if unintended, guest in the room. There was no mistaking that Sera was not amused with him but before he could even inquire as to what he had done now she strode forwards and kicked him in the shin as hard as she could in a display that while ineffective at harming him, was very effective in showing the level of her displeasure at the moment.

Andromeda - "I swear to god Ian, the next time you skulk around the depths of this place without even stopping by to visit, I am going to kick your ass. In...front...of...everyone."

While Ian knew that her threat was empty in terms of being carried out, she was not one to trifled with in the slightest should her spoken intentions be true. Andromeda was no longer the teenager barely able to control her massive potential and now possessed well honed precision in her ability to manipulate the ambient dark matter and dark energy that fueled her capabilities. Even among their ranks of cosmically empowered fellows her rank among them in power and potential threat were considered elite.

Armistice - "I was going to see you in a few hours..."

Andromeda - "For work Ian, that doesn't count and you know it. Being distant because of what happened...I get it Ian, I really do...but this is bordering on anti-social. You don't get to take it out on me, and you especially don't get to take it out on Olivia dammit. I don't give a shit what hypothetical multiversal threat only you can stop in your own damn mind you are working on. Either you socialize and mingle until the review or I will blow up this entire room with you in it. NOW!"

Kicking him a second time in the other shin for good measure, Sera turned to storm out of the chamber while Ian held back from laughing or even smiling as a matter of survival. No matter how many years went by and how accomplished an Exemplar, she still pouted like a little girl when suitably irate with him and not being amused by the act was almost impossible to cover up for long.

Wilhelm - "You know she is right Ian, the data is still being processed and will be for some time before we can move forward once the theory has been verified. Over a decade of accumulated observation and experimentation applied to the previously documented profiles is a project of a scale never attempted before, even by us. We have distanced ourselves for far too long already in the course of our endeavors, might as well take advantage of the opportunity when it presents itself."

Armistice - "You always taker her side."

Wilhelm - "Well in a manner of speaking, she is my mother, maybe I'm an A.I. mama's boy?"

Armistice - "No you just like telling me off like she does."

Wilhelm - "That too."