EXCALIBUR - For Queen and Country
One of the forgotten aspects of the monarchy in the modern day is their responsibility to protect their people. That duty is now fulfilled by the military, the Royal Guard have been demoted to mere tourist attractions, and the title of knight is awarded to actors and musicians, not noble warriors. Gone are the days when the monarch would lead the charge into battle, surrounded by their faithful knights.
There was a legendary ruler who epitomised this trait: King Arthur. He surrounded himself with the Knights of the Round Table, each of them called to duty and knighted by the royal blade: Excalibur. They fought together for their country, and were immortalised in legend thanks to their loyalty.
Now, the Knights of the Round Table must be reborn!
Recent events have decimated the monarchy, leaving Queen Elizabeth II the sole living member of the royal family, having lost her husband, children and grandchildren. This left the country in a vulnerable position, and the nation's top scientists collaborated to ensure the royal line would continue, creating the Prince of Power: Edward Windsor! Still, the Queen has decided that her new heir is not enough. With the advent of mutants, aliens and threats of a superhuman nature, the United Kingdom needs a new breed of protectors.
Her Majesty summoned a meeting of Britain's finest, the men and women capable of dealing with super-powered threats. That night in Buckingham Palace, the Queen used her birthright, the blade of Arthur himself, to bestow knighthoods upon her chosen warriors. Taking their name from the blade used to call them to duty, Excalibur are the Heroes of the Round Table, fighting for the protection of all the people of the Commonwealth!
THE KNIGHTS - I hereby dub thee...
Edward is a quiet man; a focused and driven fighter; a true weapon of justice. He has no hobbies, he has no distractions his life is his work and he wants for nothing else. He is heir to the Windsor throne, but does not bother himself with the usual duties of a prince. Focusing purely on his work and his duty as a hero has enabled him to tune his abilities and train himself in various useful skills and languages.
Always seeking ways to be a better hero he remains restless in his quest to see a day in which he is no longer needed.
Ryan R. James was just a regular man, a writer and web designer, cocky and brash, but also thoughtful with a gentle nature always feeling like he was destined to change the world. One day after much planning and a lot of Amazon purchases, he took to the streets in a spandex suit with hockey pads. Ryan is mortally wounded defending the victim of a violent crime and is left lying in the dark alley to die. In deaths clutches he ascended but not permanently.
His valour, bravery, compassion and his willingness to put others lives ahead of his own, he was given a second chance but not as the person he once was. The Amazing Angel was born!
Inducted as a child into the superhuman organisation named Jupiter's Children, Jason was trained to use his natural powers over the electromagnetic force by the London branch of the sinister society. Eventually breaking free of their control, he fled to America, finding a new home in Vine City and taking on the identity of Eclipse, dedicating himself to the life of a hero in penance for his previous actions.
Though now living abroad, Eclipse has never forgotten his roots and was honoured to be invited into the team.
Anyone who’s anyone knows the tale of Dorian Gray: The man who sold his soul for eternal youth… but who fell into corruption and madness. No surprise that this vile man had bastard offspring. The first to emerge into the public eye was Persephone Gray, Portrait. She was controlled by the Great Old Ones, demon-gods from another world, perhaps another universe. As she walked through history, Persephone left her mark as one of two things: a phenomenal painter and a talented thief.
Yet she is also something else: British. Proud of her heritage, Portrait joined the team despite her criminal roots. Whether she truly wants to help, only time will tell.
Raised as a slave, the young Ethiopian dreamed of freedom, which he found upon discovering his mutant powers. Fleeing his captors, Xenon eventually rose to power as the self-declared leader of the United Republic of Venezuela, a safe haven for mutants from all over the world. He is not British, nor even born of a Commonwealth country, but has chosen to ally himself with Excalibur all the same.
His reasons for this alliance are unknown, but the mutant leader is a powerful and influential ally all the same.
THE RULES - Keep Calm and Do As I Say
- This team sits at a Round Table, we have no leader and every member is equal.
- Excalibur's connection to the Monarchy and the British government is a SECRET. Their knighthoods are not public knowledge (so don't go telling everyone to call you 'sir') and if any member goes rogue, the country will not stand behind you.
- If you want to join this team, it is preferred that your character is British, though not essential as long as your character has a good enough reason for joining. Please PM one of the people above or comment in this thread and @reply to one of the team members.
- IMPORTANT: We want to try and keep this team fairly small, so the roster will be capped at 8 or possibly 9 members, though we would prefer not to get to that number.
- EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: This team is supposed to represent Britain's finest heroes. For that reason, we will not accept anyone into the team who has not proven themselves as a great hero. We expect commitment and excellence, so we will not accepting every random British alt that is thrown our way.
- This thread will also serve as the location of our team Headquarters, whenever we decide what that is.
- Finally, if you plan to attack the United Kingdom, or any country in the commonwealth...