#101 Posted by J1NX (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

Just one thing...where are we starting in the world? I suggest london, but that is only because of my love for Victorian England.

#102 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

I imagine people could start wherever they wanted. The Vampire Clans should be heading to their meeting. Where that is hasn't been stated yet. Whoever posts first could set that up.

And I guess we'll go with Victorian times right? No cars/jets/etc etc

#103 Posted by Kurrent (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet Im working on a post now

#104 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. I'll be back in about 30mins.

#105 Posted by J1NX (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

I posted mine.

Welcome to my world gentlemen.

I have been playing/running V:tM games 1-3 times a week for the past 5 years.

I know this world well.

#106 Posted by LexiCat (5233 posts) - - Show Bio

oh wow this is way too over my head. I don't know. I'm kinda rethinking things. I'm totally unfamiliar with any of this. I didn't know it was this detailed and all.

#107 Posted by J1NX (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"oh wow this is way too over my head. I don't know. I'm kinda rethinking things. I'm totally unfamiliar with any of this. I didn't know it was this detailed and all."

lol did I scare ya darlin' ?

nudges Lexi

#108 Posted by Soldier-Boy (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

Soldier-Boy says:

"Can i be a hunter?"
#109 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

Soldier-Boy says:

"Soldier-Boy says:
"Can i be a hunter?"

"

Sure

#110 Posted by Soldier-Boy (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

Can i be a hunter?

#111 Posted by Soldier-Boy (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Soldier-Boy says:
"Soldier-Boy says:
"Can i be a hunter?"

"

Sure"

thanks so what do i do when i have start my RP?

#112 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I aint familiar with the games. So Im just acting like Im a regular vampire who likes beautiful things.

#113 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"oh wow this is way too over my head. I don't know. I'm kinda rethinking things. I'm totally unfamiliar with any of this. I didn't know it was this detailed and all."

As am Lexi. So dont worry. I have no idea about the games/books/etc etc. I'm just going off the outline and from what other people post. But I understand how you feel. If your not feeling it its okay :) you dont have to particulate hun.

#114 Posted by Soldier-Boy (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler how many are in this RP?

#115 Posted by J1NX (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

If you wanna tag along with me Lex and be a hunter we can work together. If ya follow my lead its easy. My research for this stuff is like this:

25% Horror Movies

30% Fiction/Occult Books

40% Time I've played V:tM

5% Made up as I go wink

If anyone that isn't feeling strong in this stuff needs a hand I could always use the help on my side. Vampires are my passion and I know an exceeding amount about them. Makes for an interesting team of hunters.

#116 Posted by Switch (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

J1NX says:

"If you wanna tag along with me Lex and be a hunter we can work together. If ya follow my lead its easy. My research for this stuff is like this:25% Horror Movies30% Fiction/Occult Books40% Time I've played V:tM5% Made up as I go *wink*If anyone that isn't feeling strong in this stuff needs a hand I could always use the help on my side. Vampires are my passion and I know an exceeding amount about them. Makes for an interesting team of hunters."

Could ya fill me in on the weaknesses. Other than stake to the heart, beheading, holy relics ect.

#117 Posted by J1NX (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

Something like 10 its on the last page.

#118 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

Switch says:

"Yeah, I aint familiar with the games. So Im just acting like Im a regular vampire who likes beautiful things."

Thats a good idea lol :P

#119 Posted by Soldier-Boy (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#120 Posted by Andferne (38280 posts) - - Show Bio

Switch says:

"Could ya fill me in on the weaknesses. Other than stake to the heart, beheading, holy relics ect."

Same here I want to know what all works before I go off half cocked against a fanged pup.

#121 Posted by Kurrent (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

Posted

#122 Posted by Soldier-Boy (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

hey Andferne. congratz man

#123 Posted by LexiCat (5233 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks J1nxy, but I'm gonna pass on this. I just don't think I have the skills to.. to pull it off. I know my limits you know?

#124 Posted by J1NX (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

OK, here is the slim version (if there needs to be more explaining ask me to elaborate)

Vampire Weaknesses:

Sunlight - Fact! Sunlight and any device that can emit a UV light is harmful and if exposed to it for more than moments can turn fatal. Imagine the scarecrow from the wizard of oz poof

Stake to the heart - Half true; A stake to the heart does not kill a vampire right out. It puts them into a stake called torpor that renders them immobile and unaware of the world around them. Imagine a coma.

Beheading - Fact! Extremely effective in stopping a vampire cold. Without either the head or heart they are as good as the lifeless bodies they really are.

Holy relics - On the subject of holy relics; Holy water is nearly ineffective. Its like rubbing a vampire with poison ivy. It stings but thats about it. As far as crosses, they do nothing, vampires for years were repulsed by them because of their association with the people that hunted them down and killed them. Some vampires are actually fond of crosses. Holy ground, now this is a tricky one, vampires that have exceeded the life of a normal mortal in biblical standards (i.e. 200+ years) cannot step on holy ground without beginning to show their true age and deteriorating. Younger vampires (younger than 100) show no signs of faigue and those in between only show signs if they believe in the myths about all other holy items.

Vampire age - A vampire does not reach a status inside their clan that is worthy of them doing anything worthwhile until about the age of 75. The reason behind that is that they have at this age spent long enough with their new powers that they are comfortable in using them, thus the clan elders can trust them with jobs and rights of the cities and such.

Vampiric society - Vampiric society is governed by 2 bodies. A prince (not always male but before modern times males were the norm) and a council of elders that is elected when the city is formed and again as needed as members either die or disappear. The prince has governing power of the city in which he has control and the council has governing power of the prince. It is an unwise prince that challenges his council unless on matters that are deemed very serious.

That is a lot to absorb I know, but thats the slim version.

I also know a great deal of the hunter society as well.

#125 Posted by Shadow Huntress (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to be a Ventrue excited

#126 Posted by Chameleone (8465 posts) - - Show Bio

Gangrel for me, as usual

#127 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadow Huntress says:

"I'd like to be a Ventrue *excited*"

Nice pick. Go ahead

#128 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice Jinx, but I dont want people to feel like they have to follow an already established set of rules. Like the society being governed by two people and such. We'll run it a lil more wide open then that.

@Great posts Switch and Rl

#129 Posted by Chameleone (8465 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that was a hard post to follow...... it killed the thread :P

#130 Posted by Andferne (38280 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"*starts packing his toys*Silver dagger? checkHoly symbol? checkWooden stake? checkHoly water? checkGarlic necklace? checkBig Bad@$$ sword? checkCrossbow? check:P"

goes over list one more time

Now if I can just harness the sunlight :P

#131 Posted by J1NX (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"Andferne says:
"Andferne says:
"*starts packing his toys* Silver dagger? check Holy symbol? check Wooden stake? check Holy water? check Garlic necklace? check Big Bad@$$ sword? check Crossbow? check :P"
*goes over list one more time* Now if I can just harness the sunlight :P"
UV light :P Available at any hardware store :D"

Not in Victorian Europe it wasn't.....at least as far as I remember.

#132 Posted by Chameleone (8465 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Andferne says:
"*starts packing his toys*Silver dagger? checkHoly symbol? checkWooden stake? checkHoly water? checkGarlic necklace? checkBig Bad@$$ sword? checkCrossbow? check:P"

goes over list one more time

Now if I can just harness the sunlight :P"

UV light :P Available at any hardware store :D

#133 Posted by J1NX (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Nice Jinx, but I dont want people to feel like they have to follow an already established set of rules. Like the society being governed by two people and such. We'll run it a lil more wide open then that. @Great posts Switch and Rl"

Oh yeah! I never meant to make it sound like I was etching laws down, only responding to questions.

Pick and choose from my knowledge. Its only a source not a rulebook.

#134 Posted by Andferne (38280 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm holding off on my posts to see which Vamps show up so I can get my heading.

starts sharpening more stakes

#135 Posted by Kurrent (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks G! I had fun writing that post

#136 Posted by Asymmetrical (23747 posts) - - Show Bio

still reading

btw, am I the only member of my clan so far?

#137 Posted by J1NX (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I'm holding off on my posts to see which Vamps show up so I can get my heading. *starts sharpening more stakes*"

You should join me in the pub....we can go from there to kill the dark loving lot of them.

#138 Posted by Andferne (38280 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey is RL still here? I was trying to find his thread about our Vine characters where we ranked out strength/speed/fighting ability/ energy projection etc and can't find it.

#139 Posted by Andferne (38280 posts) - - Show Bio

Soldier-Boy says:

"hey Andferne. congratz man"

Thanks

#140 Posted by Soldier-Boy (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Soldier-Boy says:
"hey Andferne. congratz man"

Thanks"

i hear you getting married

#141 Posted by J1NX (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

Daniel Thorne says: