Eternal Heroes

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By shanana

“I should’ve known better” She said, sitting at the table double palming an espresso. In the thirty-five years that followed her final battle with Feral Nova—and subsequently her retirement, the world grew darker. “I should’ve known allowing these…miscreants to inherit the Earth would generate some sort of turmoil.” Taking a mere moment to sip her coffee, the former Ninjan Queen sat idly in her seat; temporarily lost in her thoughts.

“I’ve tangled with the world’s greatest assassins; and fought alongside the most prolific heroes of my time. These new fools? They’re arrogant, they saved ONE kitten from a tree, and now the whole world should bow at their boots. Off what merit, what right?”

Her eyes peered down at a young child—a child she was ranting to, soon however; she realized that the child was not paying attention. Not soon after, the child’s mother strolled to the table and retrieved her daughter.

“I was speaking to the nice old lady” The child protest marching off with her mother. “Old?” She said, blowing scoff.

“I’m not old am I?” She said peering into a hand mirror checking her hair. Despite the very few salt and pepper locks she’d accumulated over the last thirty-five years; she remained for the most part youthful. Rising to full form to make her exit, the 5’7 Ninjan beauty grabbed her hand-bag before pushing towards the exit of the restaurant, stopping just before the threshold something caught her eye.

“War talks between Russia and Iran” ran rampant through her mind; some many years of turbulent hero work lead to this, a full on nuclear holocaust between two foreign nations. “How could they have failed” She muttered exiting the steakhouse to return to the Solace City streets

“Or perhaps it was us who failed” Solace City was anything but that, graffiti tagged most of the buildings; the police department closed for a city militia—a militia that hurt more than helped. Most of its core heroes gone for personal reasons, its sole champion Maya Lopez; murdered in her Daytonville home just across the harbor.

She was all that was left, and even she lacked the mental strength to dawn her Red and Blue Uniform again. Taking to the air, Ziccarra flew halfway across the city to her home; strategically hidden from intruders and the powers that be.

Hey Nova, it's me Ziccarra
Hey Nova, it's me Ziccarra

“Maybe it was our aggressive attitude that spawned these unprofessional little children. I was never the best hero; hell neither was Nova. Maybe they looked at us and saw what they didn’t want to be.” Her thoughts filled with both doubt and regret, but not because of the world they lived in…but because they did nothing.

Taking a temporary seat in her chair, she soon found herself standing again at the headline. “WAR” In just a matter of fifteen minutes war talk; became war-- An assassination attempt on the czar. The local news immediately begin to interview heroes; heroes who were vocal about joining the war…not stopping it.

“God Help us all.”

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2 Feral Nova  Moderator

“In need of a hero? Got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere? Can’t find those darn car keys? Want to make an ex jealous by having a hero around your arms at the next party? Then call 1-800-HeroNow! Or text HeroNow with SaveME to get 10% off your first hero! Here at Hero Now we have heroes of all shapes, colors, powers and personalities to choose from! Visit us at www.HeroNow.Com to reserve your life saving hero TODAY!” A man wearing a generic hero costume with a domino mask gave a toothy grin as he winked at the camera, the TV fading out and switching back to the news.

The Ninjan warrior scoffed at the commercial, standing inside her apartment as she was looking down at an old photograph of the first generation of We Are Legend. Faces of young heroes who weren’t looking for the spotlight or wanting fame and glory stood next to each other with wide smiles, their eyes filled with hope. They were just a group of kids with powers who wanted to change the world… for better or worse. “And now look at us, pathetic.” The now seventy-one year old hero hissed under her breath as she looked over at her iconic red, blue and yellow uniform that was dressed on a manikin.

Even though she was now considered elderly, thanks to her Ninjan blood, the woman once known as The Fire Goddess looked to be in her early forties. Throughout the years the retired hero was still widely known in the public thanks to comic books, a Disney movie and occasionally speaking at public schools around the United States about “How to be an everyday hero.”. But the heroes of today, they lacked the discipline that her generation had. Why? Back in the day heroes did whatever it took to keep the world safe, they would have prevented nuclear strikes at risk of their own lives. These heroes? They refused to get their hands dirty. They wanted to simply put on a mask and call themselves ‘heroes’ even if it meant selling themselves for fame. There was even a reality TV show called "SuperHero Idol!" where people with abilities from around the world would compete against each other to get a certificate that names them a 'hero'. Yes, she wasn’t the worlds perfect hero, she had her fall from grace more than once in her time as Feral Nova, but every time she did, she worked twice as hard to make up for it. Was she such a bad example of a hero that the generation of today refused to work as hard as she did?

It wasn’t just the retired community who realized that today’s supers were unskilled, there were dozens upon dozen superhero themed sites who talked about heroes thirty… forty years ago and how they were so much different from today. Even talk of Ziccarra and Stephanie’s battles were mentioned countless times. Mostly because Stephanie would jump on those sites and post old youtube videos of them fighting randomly at times… but still, people knew that the present heroes, were not held up to the same standards that heroes like Kurrent, Andy, Ronin, Nighthunter and Editman were held up to once.

“If I was back in my prime, I would show those heroes a thing or two.” She let out a heavy sigh as she set the picture down, looking out the window to see old Los Angeles. The city was filled with wannabe heroes and celebrities. Super powered people making their way through the city auditioning to super teams, when all those were, were glorified super gangs who claimed to protect the city and it's people. The common people weren’t seen in the main city anymore, more along the outskirts of it. It made her sick. In her youth she would have done whatever it took to make the city flourish for the people, now it’s just for the rich and famous and pathetic super gangs.

Then, the TV screen lit up with flashes of red with big bold letters WAR!across the screen. Russia and Iran had declared war upon each other and the hero of old’s brows pushed against one another as she watched interviews with the heroes of today giving their opinions about the situation. Stephanie knew what this meant, it meant they were all going to die because these heroes didn’t know what they were doing. They were not only going to get themselves killed, but thousands, maybe millions of people killed.

Her eyes shift over to her costume once more, the temptation of putting on stronger than ever.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

"Old things are overrated!" claimed Nighthunter to the people surrounding him. "Aren't you tired of the nostalgic bullsh!t that everything that is old is automatically better?" he asked as he kept walking down the hall, the world had gone into havoc and so people were looking desperately for the heroes to take a step forward and save the world.

Nighthunter couldn't help but to feel excited for the prospects of a war on a worldwide scale, after all when you are the person in charge of the trading of weapons across the globe there's no better news than a sudden increase in demand for your product.

"Please..." whispered Cindy as Nighthunter came closer to her. One could feel the fear of the beautiful woman in the atmosphere of the room as the steps of Nighthunter came closer and closer to her youthful face.

"You were a hero." Cindy said with fear, then stared directly into the world's most dangerous man and burst into tears. "My mom told me stories about you. About how you did the impossible over and over to save the world, about how you showed us what humanity could achieve...please..."

Nighthunter stood in silence for a second and even though no one else in the room could tell he was smiling behind his power suit. "Did I really? Did I show that to your mom?" asked the man with words that sounded comforting but his tone would make anyone feel true fear. "Everyone leave the room now!" demanded Nighthunter to his subordinates, they followed orders without any hesistation as always leaving soon an empty room except for the two of them.

"Let me show you something new then" said Nighthunter as he touched her cheek and came closer to her. "I have just one rule in life. New is always better" said the menacing man and then sent a mental order to the nanobots of his suit to make it dissapear. Suddenly the thousands of nanobots started to move, revealing the face of the most dangerous human alive.

In front of Cindy one could see a man of around 40 years at most smiling in a strange way. "My name is Michael Stone. Fifteen years ago I murdered Jake Hamilton after beating him in battle. I took his power suit, I took his name and I turned his legacy of heroism and sacrifice into a tribute to crime. I'm Nighthunter, the world's greatest kingpin of crime." whispered Michael to Cindy's ear and then made the mental command order to cover his face once again with his power suit.

"I guess what I'm trying to say beautiful..." announced Michael before introducing his sword through the heart of the young woman in front of him. "I'm not your mother's Nighthunter" claimed the Kingpin of Crime as the light faded from Cindy's eyes.

"Wayne clear this mess if you wouldn't mind. I have to start a war."

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

She couldn’t sleep; the thought of a nuclear holocaust negated every attempt to get a good night’s rest. Resting her head on her forearm, thoughts of a gilded age long past cycled through her exhausted mind. Despite having served alongside some of the most prolific heroes of her time; she was often brought up as having been one of the world’s most notorious villains.

Her iconic legacy tarnished by being credited as the architect of the All Out Assault on Earth that saw the end of many. After retiring her Iconic Red and Blue “Sha” uniform, she adopted the roll of “Black Cardinal” leader of the Red Cardinals.

Since that time frame, she lived a pretty recluse lifestyle; with a few minor altercations in-between. Sitting up in bed with her comforter covering most of body, Ziccarra took hold of her iphone in preparation to call Feral Nova; instead she sat the phone back down, and tossed her comforter to the side.

Wiping what little sleep accumulated in the course of two hours, the former Ninjan Queen descended the stairs to her basement; with only one thing in mind. “I guess, it’s time to stop whatever this war will bring. Pressing a button on the center console of her balcony, a sole custom was revealed inside a narrow chamber.

“I never thought I’d need this” She said, gently running her hands along the outer edge of the glass. This uniform belonged to Tori Black, leader of the SHA Squad; a girl who aspired to be more than she actually was. Tori gave up heroics after being saved from Chaos Black by Feral Nova; Tori represented the last pure soul of her era to take up the mantle of “Sha”.

Opening the pressurized case, the Ninjan Nutcracker took only mere moments to dawn the uniform. Because she no longer had control over a wide-range of her powers, the suit allowed her to reconnect with her older powers; and not depend on the usage of her power gloves.

Exiting the island through a hidden tunnel, Ziccarra launched herself into the air streaking towards Los Angelas, and the last known direction of Feral Nova.

No Caption Provided

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5 Feral Nova  Moderator

Stephanie sat silently on the edge of the bed, slouched over as she held a series of pictures in her hands, but all of them of her family; herself, NeVann, SoZuko and Hotaru. The soft glow of the TV in the background giving light to the room as tears fell from her eyes to her hands. Boyfriend and children… all of them gone. She never found out what happened to NeVann or Sozuko, but Hotaru… killed by her own hands when she was resurrected in this Ninjan body. The Fire Goddess threw the pictures on the bed behind her, frustrated with her life. This wasn’t how things were supposed to turn out, this wasn’t supposed to be her future. She was supposed to retire being a hero with NeVann, go somewhere exotic with the kids, have grandbabies and be the most awesome grandma in the world. Not… living alone in Los Angeles, with recently diagnosis of early stages of dementia, taking three different pills for her high blood pressure and overactive bladder.

Everything changed though, when she came back from alternate world, what was it called? CVnU? When she came back she had then semi-retired. That was after she had her last fight with Ziccara. The pyro hero was tired of fighting, she didn’t want to do wear the uniform anymore, she was tired of fighting friends, tired of seeing friends die… she was tried. She figured Los Angeles would be the best place for her, to stay where she became Feral Nova.

“Maybe I should move… Mexico is always nice.” She mumbled to herself as the TV began flashing red. Her eyes shift over and once more, story about the war. More interviews with ‘heroes’ and video of soldiers gathering to get ready to be deployed, they were all dead. Once more the teasing idea of dawning her uniform as she stood up, standing before the manikin, looking into the eyes of her mask. But really, what would a seventy-one year old woman do? Could she even still produce the fire she once did? Did she still have her durability? Her super strength? She could barely make to the bathroom anymore, what was she going to do? Wear a diaper to war?

She scoffed at the idea as knock was heard from her door. Stephanie’s brow arched as she glanced at the clock, it was late… very late. “Who is it?” She slowly got into a offensive stance, as if ready for the door to suddenly blow in. Who did she piss off this time? She paid her rent on time... wait... did she?

“Nova-Bear, open the door.” Her eyes widen with shock, only one person ever called her Nova Bear, but… no, she wouldn’t have come all the way over here to Los Angeles this late at night… would she?

Walking over to the door dressed in an oversize blue t-shirt and grey sweat pants she opened the door. But her head snapped back in surprise as she saw Ziccarra standing in front of her but-... “Z-ziccarra?” She opened the door all the way, moving out of the way so her long time friend could come inside. “What… what are you wearing?” She may have early dementia, but knew what was she was wearing, one of the many Sha uniforms, this one however, Ziccarra had never actually worn herself. Not that she could remember anyways. She closed the door behind them, “Oh no, did you stop taking your medication?” Wait was she on medication? Wait… did Stephanie take her medications? Aww crap… she couldn’t remember.

Then it snapped in her mind, like a puzzle piece. “I know what this is about.” She smirked, her wrinkles becoming slightly more defined with the dim lighting in the room. “You’re wanting to go to fight.” She would be lying if she didn’t tease the idea, but that’s all it was, teasing.. or was it? “Z… really, do you think two golden girls like us could really make a difference out there?”