Egyptian Gods (Mythology Issues)

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know some people have contacted me previously to talk about their own plans for the Egyptian gods. I have decided to create this thread to hash out any issues so that everything makes sense.

I am using the gods in a classic way, they are deities in the sense of DC Universe type gods, as in, they are actual gods. In the RP that I am working on called Egypt Rising the gods have been imprisoned for thousands of years...that is about to change.

My intention is to have them break free in the rest of Egypt Rising and its Spin Off (Return of Thanagar/Rise of the Hawk Lords). What happens during the course of the RP will largely dictate what happens with them from there.

I have zero problem with people wanting to make use of one of these gods, in fact, I think it would be great. There's no reason they'd all run off and do exactly the same thing. The only ones i ask for control over currently are Set and Amun-Ra.

Someone that contacted me mentioned a more sci-fi approach and having basically two sets of the same gods, but one being the actual gods (mine) and another being a different form of being. I really like this idea and think it makes since in the complicated and expansive CVnu. Let me know please if there are any issues or questions regarding this.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@lunahawk: Good idea. Yeah, I have a sci-fi, 'Ancient Aliens' take on the Egyptian Pantheon in my mythos, namely the Nitaurim Clan (though it's very, very soft sci-fi lol, and is undergoing a revision at the moment which is why I'm not going very indepth about it at the moment). I made this account long ago to keep the official Egypt CVnU canons collected, though it's pretty outdated by now.

My canon also involves Pharaoh Ikhnaton (Akhenaten/Amenhotep IV, Nefertiti's husband and King Tut's father), and to a slightly lesser extent Ramesses II. I know someone else who is using Cleopatra VII.

I also thought, as I mentioned, that it would be a good idea to name each version of the pantheon something specific to limit confusion, so in canon-keeping threads and whatnot it would say "Set (Thanagarian) blew up the Washington Monument" or "Sutekh (Nitaurim) just destroyed the Statue of Liberty" or something to that effect.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Excellent idea. I think Thanagarian would be a good name for my variant.