Drinkin' Mutie's Bar & Grill (CVNU New Orleans)

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ordnance
No Caption Provided

A downtown New Orleans bar with shoddy history and a mission. When Ben Lang took over "Spitlick Spitoon" from his alcoholic dad, William, he set out to revamp the place to suit his community. Immediately he renamed it to "Drinkin Mutie's Bar & Grill", and drove off the violently drunk regular clientele. Instead, he invited in superhumans of all kinds. Mutants, primarily, whose sometimes physically disfiguring abilities got them kicked out of other bars.

No Caption Provided

Ever since, money's been pouring in. Humans, mutants, freaks, and geeks alike can come in and share a drink and a bite together in peace. For the most part, Ben's a fair, laid-back owner. He keeps the staff in line and the patrons from blowing the establishment up. Few have seen him get angry enough to throw him out, because few want to risk losing the privilege of such a safe haven.

Rules

1. No destruction of the bar, outside of minor stuff like bar stools or glasses. A bar fight here and there is fine, but I don't want the place blown up.
  2. Basically anyone's welcome. Ben's a neutral-aligned character, so as long as you aren't starting a fight in his bar, he isn't gonna kick you out.
  3. Normal rules (no godmodding, etc.) apply.
Avatar image for catriona_knightfall
Catriona_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be visiting!

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blows up the entire place!

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice, I'll stop by ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be coming.

dis gunna b gud.

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By House_Mouse

Yay, bar! *is too young to drink*

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catriona_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice! Loners was starting to get boring anyway >:)

Avatar image for cyrus_winchester
Cyrus_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance: (( you are amazing for this my friend))

The unborn prophet walked through the front door, his worn green duffel bag in hand and his m14 fastened safely on strapped to his back ready to be used if conflict arises. His armored appearance and well armed nature earned Cyrus a few frightened looks from the other patrons of the bar. Walking up to a stool at the counter bar he took a seat his duffel bag rested safely at his feet out of a thief's reach. Cyrus extended his hand in the air "barkeep, bottled water and a soda" he grumbled not being the drinking type.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Catriona_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ordnance

@cyrus_winchester: The sight of armor didn't bug him. Lots of patrons favored armor. Dangerous world called for dangerous garb. However, the gun wouldn't stand. Pointing a single finger at the instrument, he motioned to the rack by the door. "Sure thing, but the gun stays by the door. You ain't gonna find a fight here, so there's no need for it." Turning away, he fetched a tall glass from beneath the bar-top, filled it with soda from the dispenser and set it on the counter. The water bottle followed shortly after.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance:

"Hey barkeep, Martini..Shaken..Not stirred.." Sean Connery sat at the bar, but a bit of a snort and a chuckle had Puzzle losing that form and reverting back to his snow white self. "Sorry, impressions always get the best of me. I would appreciate a gin straight though if you wouldn't mind, friend."

Retriever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Retriever

http://www.kiepy.pl/uploads/2012_05/01/31629_3326_500_Vodka.gif

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ordnance

@the_puzzler: "Connery's a bit of a dated reference, don't you think?" In addition to being dated, it was annoying. A lot of shapeshifters pulled the James Bond shtick. But, berating a customer wasn't how he'd turned this place around so fast. Soon enough, he had the drink served. "I've seen enough shifters to get a bit of an appreciation for them, myself."

Cyrus_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance: Cyrus cringed at the idea of being without his rifle. He pulled took it off his back and removed the magazine setting it on the counter. "You can hold to ammunition but I want it back when I leave. A unloaded dun ain't a danger to nobody still living" The prophet said referencing the iron's affects on spirits "that alright with you barkeep?" He asked while taking a gulp of the carbonated beverage.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance:

"I'm CERTAIN you never met one like me friend. Ever met a shifter that can actually perfectly create their mimic?" Puzzle smiled before turning into a glass of gin himself, except talking. "You can actually DRINK THIS! It's actual gin, my race's genetics have that effect." Puzzle turned back though, grinning. "Puzzle, alien, pleasure to meet you."

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ordnance

@cyrus_winchester: "Fair enough." He slid the magazine off near the register. "But like I said, generally.." Pausing, he chose his wording carefully. "..things that start fights in here generally stumble out a limb short. Plus, if you're carrying a rifle around, I think you'd manage even without it." The armor he was lugging around really only aided that particular argument.

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ordnance

@the_puzzler: A wide grin crossed his face. "No, that is definitely a new one. Most just walk in here impersonating celebrities or some such, thinking to get a free drink." Uncapping a bottle of water he retrieved from the cooler, he took a drink to rehydrate himself. "Well, I can say the same. What's an alien doing all the way in downtown New Orleans, though?"

Cyrus_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance: "I prefer to be armed rather than dead, barkeep" Cyrus said happy he wouldn't have to turn in anything more as an offering of peace. "You got a name? You want to share it?" Cyrus asked attempting to take the conversation away from his visible weapon.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance:

"I'm a tourist, or so you humans label it as." Puzzle shrugged, his clothes shaping into that of shorts and a floral shirt. "I explore the galaxy, find the fun in the universe..Or peace that is."

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atomikill walked up to the bar and took a seat, pulling off his mask as he looked to the barkeeper. "A kamikaze cocktail, please." He sat, knocking his hand lightly against the table as he picked up his briefcase, unlocking it carefully while waiting for his drink.

@ordnance

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyrus_winchester: "Most do." Leaning on the bar, he let the conversation flow away from the gun. "Benjamin Lang. Ben's fine, though. Suppose that unless you're one of the weirder types, you've got one too. Or at least something I can call you by."

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler: "Well, if the travel agents are to be believed, you're in the most fun place in the world." He raised an eyebrow at the shirt. "You're a couple thousand miles away from Hawaii. Most tourists throw beads on around here."

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyrus_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance: "Pleasure to meet you Ben unless you turn out to be an asshat. Names Cyrus Winchester, like the gun" He said reaching out his hand for a handshake.

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_: (hah, thanks)

By the time he'd finished saying the order, Ben was shaking up the mixture. Pouring it out into a glass, he slid it on over. "Looking for a discreet place to do business?" He nodded to the briefcase.

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyrus_winchester: "Depends who you ask. Dear old dad.. god rest his gin-soaked soul, would've said I'm mutant filth. Most everyone else thinks I'm easy enough to talk to." The handshake he gave was firm, but not vice-like.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By _Atomikill_

@ordnance:

"Sort of. Planning on making a company. Business of sorts. I have the skill to do it. But, not the time." He explained, grabbing the drink and downing it quickly. Slamming it down upside down, he pulled out a hundred dollar bill and put it on the counter. "Make a tab. Please." Atomikill said as he pulled out a metallic brick-like box. Sliding open the main door to the box, orange and bright light flashed. Reaching his hand inside of it, he focused- absorbing the light with his hand.

"Atomic energy, you see." He explained.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance:

"Apologies, been feeding on nothing but Earth's pop culture for about a week." Puzzle grew some beads around his neck and chuckled, resting an arm on the counter. "Puzzle by the way, alien."

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler: "Sheesh. I can barely stand our pop culture for a few hours." He made a face, then extended his hand. "Ben Lang. Mutant."

@_atomikill_: "Fun stuff. I prefer to flip what's broken, as evidenced by this.. ah, fine establishment." Fast drinker. Ben made a mental note to keep track of this one. "Well, that might be a first. What're you gonna do with that fancy energy?"

Cyrus_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance: "Not one to believe bull spread by the opinion of another. I think judging from the looks of this place we'll get along just fine." Cyrus said gulping down the remainder of his soda as he finished his sentence. "How long has this bar been running then, Ben?

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ia_espada

Adorned in the sartorial allurement of Ermenegildo Zegna and perfumed by the ambrosial scent of Men's Dior, the electrifying Black Viper, an intellectual cosmopolitan of enrapturing drawing power, bewitching charm, and superlative genes, stuck out like a sore thumb among the grittier frequenters of the New Orleans watering hole. Setting foot inside the mildly congested bar, announcing his ingress with a galvanizing wink there, and socially engrossing smile here, Santiago's vibrant yet sharp sapphire eyes succinctly surveyed his encompassment, their palpable mesmerism and character of beguiling danger never wavering. Directing his attention towards a booth closely situated in the room's center, the Madridista approaches, his every twitch, every footstep and movement dripping with sauntering style, his every mannerism second nature to him.

Seating himself in the selected booth, Santiago captures the attention of a neighboring waiter with a quick gesture. "Blue Label, my brother. Gracias", flashing a personable smile and subtly inclining his head, Santiago's eyes shift elsewhere, in search of something to hold his attention as he waits for the arrival of his beverage.

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyrus_winchester: "Good, cause rumor has it among certain fanatics paints me as massing an army or some such." He grinned. The bouncer had brought that hilarious little tale to him a week back. Ben had been laughing for five minutes straight. "Huh. Well, under pops.. about five years. He died about six years back when his kidneys finally gave. About a year later I took over and fixed the place up. So about five years as of my latest birthday." The story could've been shortened to a simple answer, but Ben couldn't help himself. He liked talking sometimes.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance:

"That's my product. Do you mind if I give an example?" He asked, pointing to the nearest source of light. Not waiting for an answer since he knew it would work (and if not, he'd pay) he brought his chair toward the lightbulb.Stepping on the chair, he carefully unscrewed the bulb and put his finger on the end of it. Atomikill let atomic energy enter it, lighting it up brighter than before. "I call it Atomiklean energy. Most atomic power gives people cancer, or other freak mutations. But, I've been able to purify it." Re-connecting bulb to outlet, he got back down. "Another kamikaze."

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance:

Puzzle smiled and shook his hand firmly. "It seems that there are more evolved humans than there are just average sapiens these days. Not that it's a bad thing."

Cyrus_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance: "Rumor or not an army is one of the best thing a guy can have right about now" The prophet said only partially joking. "Five years as it is now or five years under your father? He doesn't seem like the kind of man who'd approve of the current crowd." He said cautiously not sure whether to expect offensive words from Ben.

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyrus_winchester: "True. But my mission is one of peace. It just wouldn't do to have mutants massing here to conspire violence or anything." The thought drew a momentary grim frown from him. War could happen with the right people provoking at the wrong time. "Five years under me. Good old Willy Lang was a member of at least two anti-mutant hate groups. Old bigot's probably turning over in his grave over this."

@the_puzzler: "More evolved, yeah. But, to a lot of them, a threat." He met the notion with a shrug. "But that's just history repeating itself."

@_atomikill_: Ben got the drink ready quick enough. "Alright, I'm impressed. Afraid you ain't gonna find much an investor in me though. I usually got enough money to keep this place running and myself comfortable." He busied himself with cleaning the first glass. "Can't say I envy the fight you'll probably get."

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ordnance

@la_espada: The slick, suave newcomer would've looked more in place at a Bourbon Street pub. Which, of course, drew the explosive mutant's attention straightaway. When the waiter brought him the order, he brought the drink over himself to their very out of place patron. "Well, you're either very lost or very indifferent to the looks some of the other fellows are shooting you."

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance:

"Got to read this Earth's history, a human friend happened to give me an awful amount of information relating to it. And trust me when I know about the threats just as much as the friendly threats!" Puzzle laughed and sipped his gin, giving a bit of a sour face before continuing. "Own this bar for long? It has an excellent..Rustic feel to it."

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance:

"Eh. I figured as much. That's free. Will last three times longer than the bulb would on 'lectricity." Atomikill said as he sipped the drink a little slower. "So, you mutant?" He asked. A place called the Drinkin Mutie, he had to assume.

Cyrus_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance: "As a soldier of heaven I can tell you this, even the angels think peace is overrated." Cyrus grinned reminiscing of all the times Gabriel brought demons home to purgatory to fight."Good riddance to him then. From what I've seen they are often ignorant and ignorance makes my trigger finger itch. It looks to a fine establishment now." He said breaking the seal on the bottled water.

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_: "Well, then we got one very efficient bulb. Provided it don't get broken by some idiot." Ben glanced at the bulb, then back to the customer. "Yup. Knew I was since I blew up my high school math teacher's car by thinking too hard."

@the_puzzler: "Well, that friend gave you some awfully grim reading." He took a sip of water. "Couple years. Considering where it started, yeah, it's a bit.. rustic. Not for lack of trying to clean it up, though."

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyrus_winchester: "Good thing I ain't exactly a man of faith." That probably wasn't the right thing to say, given the guy's occupation. "Oh, I dunno. He made good beer. Probably his only saving grace."

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordnance:

"Yikes. Good thing you figured out your power before I did. Nuclear reactor went boom. I only survived because I'm completely immune to atomic radiation." He said with a grin. Atomikill finished his kamikaze. "Y'know, just give me the whole vodka bottle."

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_: "Sheesh. Worst I did was my dad's car. Even then I at least lost an eyebrow." The request drew a laugh out of him. "Alright, but you be careful with it. We got a strict no drunken violence policy in here."