#1 Posted by _Harper_ (2094 posts) - - Show Bio

Rumor and Paxton were in the knights of dawn base', it had been at least a half hour after the spy told the archer about Cyperion, and their sinister copies of heroes and villains alike. It was rather simple, the two had agreed to end their assembly line..But how they were going to be stopped...That was still a problem...The Rumor was a master spy, killing was a basic standard of his job, but Paxton, he was the boy scout, a hero, villains in his eyes were meant to rot in jail, justice by the books. When the cards are dealt, will it be the spy that puts a bullet in the brain child of Cyperion? Or will it be the hero that puts them behind bars?

Rumor slipped clips of ammo into each of his many handguns and holstered them while sitting on the couch, he avoided conversation after the argument they had over moral code*. It was going to be a black ops mission, stealth until otherwise noted, clean kills and zero tolerance for failure, after all Longshot had a fresh grudge against these sick people, Rumor's grudge on the other hand...Was ages old. "Their base is top of the line security, so it will not be a place for cocky antics, one slip up, and we both get killed very quickly." Rumor explains to his temporary partner. "I have the coordinates for their base, we can simply punch them into your base's teleporting system, but we will need to land a few clicks away from it, it would be suicide to do otherwise, the base after all is crawling with cyborgs of all kinds..".

*Page 49 in Knights of dawn)

#2 Posted by .Longshot. (5303 posts) - - Show Bio

Cocky? The detective had accused Longshot of 'cocky antics'. Longshot had no sense of entitlement or glory. It had all been beaten out of him from youth, and his relentlessly sharp senses prevented him from taking missteps. To his ears, Rumor was walking around with all the subtlety of a Clydesdale. Still, the archer vocalized none of these grievances. He silently prepared for battle.

"I have the coordinates for their base, we can simply punch them into your base's teleporting system, but we will need to land a few clicks away from it, it would be suicide to do otherwise, the base after all is crawling with cyborgs of all kinds..." said the detective.

"Our teleporters aren't that advanced." Longshot replied, "We have to land on designated receiver pads. I'm sure there's one nearby this base, wherever it is. If it's on an island somewhere, I have a pad placed on a ship that could probably get us close enough to swim."

Longshot awaited a reply, and pondered why his reluctant ally had been so secretive with the details. If he wanted help in stopping these madmen who called themselves Cyperion, he should have been willing to enlighten the person helping him. Of course, Longshot understood habitual distrust. For a number of reasons even he couldn't fully understand, he forced people away, and had only let a handful of people close enough to be remotely considered friends. Now, he was working with a man who had no qualms in taking human life, and who was every bit as intelligent as he. This was not going to be an easy partnership.