Do RPers mind if others use real people as inspiration?

The_Replicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Replicator

I've considered using Richard Nixon (more specifically, a version based on the Futurama version), but I'm wondering if people would be offended by that. If so, what about Reagan?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Vici_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly depends on the person. Nobody really wants a Hitler or Jesus on the Vine, for example. I'm sure Nixon would be fine, but it wouldn't hurt just to check with others in case he conflicted with their canon. I doubt he will, though. I look forward to seeing where you go with it!

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly depends on the person. Nobody really wants a Hitler or Jesus on the Vine, for example. I'm sure Nixon would be fine, but it wouldn't hurt just to check with others in case he conflicted with their canon. I doubt he will, though. I look forward to seeing where you go with it!

This.

Sequitur_Crix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sequitur_Crix

The only time I could see a potential problem would be with someone's backstory and or history. Say they've tied their character to (insert actual person here) and then someone actually makes them a playable character. It forces a heightened level of adaptability/acceptance. Or completely ignore the created character all together.