"Do I need a tailor?" thread (IC)

Isaac_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Your costume

This is a discussion about clothing your character and why you chose the clothes that he or she wears. Say the reasons why you might need the fine apparel they are equipped with, like does it keep them alive, do you wear it because of your power, do you wear it because it protects you, or do you wear it because it looks cool. Or how did you get the sit anyway did you make it or did you buy it of eBay for a dollar and fifty cents "And feel free to post pics of your full costume" .

Other peoples costumes

You can also judge others and there costumes If you like it or not. And give advise on there costume, tell them if there's something better, but be nice about it please. This is also meant for showing looks that can be used for other characters or what they look like, "kinda like an auction, but without money".

Do I need a tailor?

Those people with bad costumes can ask the opinions of others if they need a new look ,and if yes they could either show what they want to do and ask if it is good or not or pick one of the pictures that some one thinks is is good and use that appearance.

Rules

• No insulting costumes be nice about it.
  • Just don't be rude
  • If your talking OOC put it in ()
  • You can show pictures and gifs
Sequitur_Crix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty cool idea bro. Once upon time describing your character's attire was all the rage (for some it still is). Always liked a good descriptive post about a character's look/sense of fashion/style. Someone's av isnt always the best representation of their true appearance.

Isaac_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Isaac_LeBeau
No Caption Provided

(Yeah that's what i was thinking when I made it.) The goggles are to keep the speed pressure off my eyes,They are made of gray maxi glass. and has heat vision for long range assassination and night vision for close range assassination. and a leather suit and he wears it because it's useful to his job as an assassin and looks cool

@sequitur_crix Your costume is petty cool. (I once thought about making a green lantern based character)

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty cool idea bro. Once upon time describing your character's attire was all the rage (for some it still is). Always liked a good descriptive post about a character's look/sense of fashion/style. Someone's av isnt always the best representation of their true appearance.

Truth. Back when I started out, I always typed up exactly how my character looked and what he/she wore. Still do outside of CV.

Isaac_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I miss the good old days.

Sequitur_Crix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sequitur_crix Your costume is petty cool. (I once thought about making a green lantern based character)

Thanks. Lantern/Jedi themed now though lol he took on a life of his own.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sequitur_crix

You should also use GL 3000, he also has a badass look.

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_lebeau

It all depends on the character IMO

Characters that fall into the Vanity subtype (Valerie Huntington, Andres Knightfall, etc.) should have a detailed description of their outfits because it is something that is deeply tied to their personality. It reinforces to the reader that not only does the character take such things very seriously as this is something they would put a lot of time into thinking about. I also apply this to the Gadget-Laden subtype where someones powerset relies on a varying array of weapons and gadgets and the details of how their armor is constructed makes details necessary.

Characters that fall into the Scrub subtype (Cassius Knightfall) can get by with a much more general description because it reinforces just how little they care about fashion and one can only give so many variations to worn out t-shirts and jeans. Characters whose powerset is internal and does not rely on equipment can get by with less as the details of the costume or armor really never change or matter.

For an example my main (Armistice) is almost never given anything than the most spartan description of what he is wearing. Everything he wears is bespoke, expensive, and well crafted, but nothing is a designer label or would garner notice by the fashion conscious due to the conservative style. This is to reinforce that this is a person who goes out of his way, even to the smallest detail, not to stand out in any way and in essence hide in plain sight. He is a behind the scenes operator and he takes great care to give off a persona of someone whose capabilities are impressive while hiding the true extent so well no one would even venture a guess that he is more than he appears.

Sequitur_Crix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sequitur_Crix

@_dox_ said:

@isaac_lebeau

It all depends on the character IMO

Characters that fall into the Vanity subtype (Valerie Huntington, Andres Knightfall, etc.) should have a detailed description of their outfits because it is something that is deeply tied to their personality. It reinforces to the reader that not only does the character take such things very seriously as this is something they would put a lot of time into thinking about. I also apply this to the Gadget-Laden subtype where someones powerset relies on a varying array of weapons and gadgets and the details of how their armor is constructed makes details necessary.

Characters that fall into the Scrub subtype (Cassius Knightfall) can get by with a much more general description because it reinforces just how little they care about fashion and one can only give so many variations to worn out t-shirts and jeans. Characters whose powerset is internal and does not rely on equipment can get by with less as the details of the costume or armor really never change or matter.

For an example my main (Armistice) is almost never given anything than the most spartan description of what he is wearing. Everything he wears is bespoke, expensive, and well crafted, but nothing is a designer label or would garner notice by the fashion conscious due to the conservative style. This is to reinforce that this is a person who goes out of his way, even to the smallest detail, not to stand out in any way and in essence hide in plain sight. He is a behind the scenes operator and he takes great care to give off a persona of someone whose capabilities are impressive while hiding the true extent so well no one would even venture a guess that he is more than he appears.

Dropping knowledge son.

#FullyEndorsed #CoSigned #FollowThisMansLead

Kuatan_Royalty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuatans wear either Powered Armor or Loin Cloths, so I don't think I do XD