Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

With an empire's rise to power, the inexplicable conduct of its allies and enemies is changed suddenly and drastically. Those accustomed to honor desire more and betray those whom they befriended. People, otherwise ignored or downtrodden, seek to replace that sense of antagonism with peace. Today, no such order exists. The world is changing and the battle to decide its dominant race has begun, whether it be human or mutant. With both factions, there are champions. And with both factions, there will be great loss by the end, for humankind desires no conflict other than open and violent. Its nature is to be hateful and decisive. Its nature is to be cruel.

Warsman, leader of the Dark Avengers, has brought his team to conference, to explain that he was on the side of humanity, and that the so-called "threat" of mutant-hood was certainly to be extinguished for the better of fortunes and for the better of the world. Unable to persuade humans to accept mutants as equals, or mutants to accept humans as such, Warsman has turned to a baffling new biological technology that forcibly removes any trace of superhuman ability from a mutant. The proteins that contains information for that power are destroyed and their remains removed through powerful ejections of blood from the diaphragm and out from the mouth and throat. This was his secret, however, as humans are violent --- but they are fair in love and in war. They would want to kill mutants in the streets, but not subject them to science and torture.

At a conference in Chicago, the Czar makes his words comfortable and acceptable to an adviser before taking the stand. Muttering in Russian, his soundproof door reverberates with the echo of his stout voice. Mumbled and incoherent, the Czar is bold enough to mention his new technology, but only for an instant. Unlocking the door, he leaves the room and addresses his Dark Avengers directly as they would be lined against the opposing wall in chairs or standing, depending on their rules of etiquette or how impatient they were.

"Good afternoon. It's the last afternoon in your lifetimes that this civil war will be taking place."

Without checking to see if his allies were following him, he moved to the main conference hall. Ending his heavy stride in front of the last chair on the left, he remained standing as his team would file in and take their seats before him. It was common courtesy for the royalty to address their most trusted allies as equals.

Already, there were questions directed at him: how did you get this idea, to help mutants blend into society? What are your plans for the world after you're done? Are you really on the side of humanity?

He closed the gap between his metal face and the array of microphones tagged with every individual corporate station in the United States --- with the exception of a few beyond those borders. Underneath the mask he wore, his jaw opened and gears set his vocal chords in motion; and he spoke:

"I see people who have no disagreement with me," he swept his hand behind him. "These, my Dark Avengers, are those sole witnesses to my truths and aspirations. Those remaining," he took his open hand and raised it above the first row of audience members. "Are yourselves, the humans who deny that you are all equal in power and life. I was sent here to prove one thing: that the justice I uphold is what God has desired for humanity --- His creations. We are not without flaw. I and those behind me are those who see what those flaws are and have heart enough to change them."

As he was about to turn and leave the stage, and thus open the media to his teammates, a question arose:

"There's a rumor that you're torturing the mutants to make them blend into society. Is that true?"

He replied, "How many times have you asked yourself: what is the world coming to? All the death and the poverty in the world, is Armageddon upon us? The world is not going to end. We will not allow humanity to suffer their pain any longer. We are the Dark Avengers. And the world is coming to us."

The Czar exited for his comrades to answer, but about an eighth of the room started surrounding him and asking him questions. His only thought as he escaped the crowd and flew off into the blue abyss of the Illinois sky was, "What have you done?"