Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@_animus_ said:

@nordok said:

@strongarm said:

Keep the rules, if anyone wants to be exempt there is always Prime CVU to explore

This.

That's bull and you both know it.

Nope, just huddle up a group of homies and takeover prime

It is mostly vacant but not gone

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kratesis: I'll respond tomorrow morning with a detailed answer.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: It's pretty much gone because nobody cares about it anymore, so what's the point?

It'd be like conquering Micronesia...who gives a damn?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_ said:

@nordok said:

@strongarm said:

Keep the rules, if anyone wants to be exempt there is always Prime CVU to explore

This.

It's been tried somethin like six times and never went anywhere. It's gone.

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Kratesis
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason why prime is pretty much dead is because people attract people. People want to play where there will be lots of people to play with.

Once something reaches a certain critical mass it becomes self sustaining, but so far nobody's given Prime a hard enough kick to make it self sustaining and by now I'm doubting anyone ever will.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@guardian_of_gravity: OHHHHHHH I should have known. Its good to see you though Hun :D

@_animus_ I dont think its bull. I think that if you feel you are above the rules of nU then you can stay in Prime. The idea of nU was to keep us all from getting stuck in the rut we ended up with ultimately in Prime.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiara_sullivan: By now I'm married to the boy who popped my cherry in middle school, got separated when I moved to the states by my freshman year, and met again when I went on to get a degree in entomology. With three kids.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Primes dead because the place it was at had no direction for change. It would take a huge kick start to even get an interest in it again.

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Nordok  Moderator

@_animus_ said:

@strongarm said:

@_animus_ said:

@nordok said:

@strongarm said:

This.

Yes it is, and the nU rules were put in place to try to ensure that history didn't repeat itself.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiara_sullivan: It used to be full of constant morphing and generally no idea what it wanted to be, the entire tone shifting with the new flavor of the month (one day everyone wanted to be the justice league, the next everyone had a lantern ring, then everyone wanted to play Jedi Knights, then everyone was a cop, etc), then it settled into game of thrones esque politicing and that's when everything started to grind down like it's world war one.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: LOL I do have to say your bluntness has not faded at all. Congrats on all of that.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiara_sullivan: Aspergers means I can get away with not bothering to mince my words. :P

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: I agree on the Game of Thrones nature it took on towards the end. I had already left RPing by that time. And I was behind nU whole heartedly when it was first announced. Especially when I was dead in the water with Kiara.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: LUCKY I tend to guard my words carefully still. I can be blunt but I choose not to be most times LOL

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiara_sullivan: Honestly I think it was the whole "Flavor of the month" thing that killed Prime. Sooner or later the latest craze everyone wanted to rip off was going to not be conduicive to getting anything going, and unfortunately everyone wanted to play Game of Thrones (there was also a ridiculous upsurge in archers in 2012 but that was largely harmless) which really doesn't work with superheroing or adventuring (all my factions I make for the intent of backdrop, self indulgement, and baddies for players to beat up and feel good, the empires seemed to become the focus more than the characters). I was hoping that the summer superhero movies would have broken the trend but somehow against all odds the combined might of Spiderman, Batman, and the Avengers couldn't shift the flavor of the month before it was too late.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiara_sullivan: You've been absent for 2/3 of 2013 I don't wanna hear it lol there's a rut regardless, the difference is this time around it was man made,in prime it was grown like a bad weed out of circumstance. Saying go to prime is like saying if you don't like the rules don't RPG, I don't see that as an acceptable answer.

@nordok said:

@_animus_ said:

@strongarm said:

@_animus_ said:

@nordok said:

@strongarm said:

This.

Yes it is, and the nU rules were put in place to try to ensure that history didn't repeat itself.

Yet restricted almost as equally as the lack of rules with too many. There needs to be a balance struck. Everybody is calling the rules solid gold when their copper. They need to be tuned to find a more workable balance and that shouldn't even need to be debated. It's obvious

@kratesis: Sleep easy

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Kratesis
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: It had been heading in that direction for awhile. It just took some time to get there. For awhile there were no heroes to combat teh influx of Villains. It seemed like everywhere you looked there was a villain. They just outnumbered the Heroes by one to many. And the only true heroes the Vine had all left for greener pastures (Or for video games Eyes Alurvele, ReEn, and Paragon.) No one wanted to go against the combined Powers of all the Villains that the Vine had. Because lets face it if even one Hero showed their face they would get smacked down by the Villains.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiara_sullivan: That can also be explained by the FotM factor. Villains were cool and in at the time with guys like Joker, Bane, Loki, et al completely stealing the show in movies and video games and everyone wanted to be like them rather than some goodie two shoes who just weren't as memorable.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

What does CVnU stand for?

ComicVine NEW Universe?

The N! what does it mean?

( + )

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: It doesn't matter if I have been absent. I have been here longer then a lot of the RPers and I have seen the trend. If people are allowed to Do as they please without people calling them out we will end up with the Prime circumstances all over again. Its fact. You give an inch and people take a mile. Thats how it goes. Give a few people this bit and they will run amuck and others will think they can do the same. You want to prove your creativity? Then do it by working in the rules. Dont conform make the rules conform to your character.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: Yes, this is the reboot of the prior shared role play universe after it ground down into boredom.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

@guardian_of_gravity: When I did RP I tried to fluctuate to keep balance. it was even written in my Prime characters history that she was in charge of keeping the balance. But after awhile it became to hard to try and compete with the Villains and I think thats where a lot of my writers block has come from

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Nordok  Moderator

@_animus_: I can agree with this. Any set of rules should be considered a living document. Adjusting the rules is one thing; doing some kind of wholesale purge is something I would advise very strongly against.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By 614azrael

Who the hell is on COE and perhaps a small statement from them as to their intent might be a good idea. Along with an established statement that as long as 1 of them says ok then someone can go through with their idea.

If people dont know whos apart of the COE they are nervous etc. This decreases activity and so on and so forth. If it's obvious that it's so and so and I've heard good things about them less concern. Seems obvious it's just here to help, but when unsure who it is theres a fealing of "inner circle". Once one has said yeah go for whatever this rp is(regarding empires obviously) a person should feel free to start rather then wait for other confirmation.

Oh and the universe thing I think should go imo >.> f it if a person wants their prime character let them sort the mess.

That's it thats all I'd like to see a little reworked or changed. Way I see it the less complicated the rules the better. No need to toss in more COE or more this or more that just keep it how it is. The expected rules, and the ones that allow the universe to be more open to the masses instead of the Empiremania shiz. To much additions and it loses the free roam vibe it should have

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@614azrael: I think this will ever be the only time I disagree with you. CVnU was created as a way for people to brush off whats happened in Prime and still keep their character in a revamped way. At least thats how I see it. I still use Kiara (Or I would if I RP'd) but as you have seen she has been completely reworked with still some play on some of her powers. She still has her power to heal but its been reworked so that I don't have to struggle with new ways to make it interesting for her to use them. But it will be difficult for her as well. Lets say Kiara is in a very bloody fight. Not only will she heal herself but if the person comes in contact with her blood they will be healed as well. It makes for an interesting fight. Not only will the person fighting her have to figure out a way to stop her healing but I as a writer will have to come up with a way to either stay away from said person to weaken/kill them so that my blood wont heal them.

Thats the enphasis behind this whole thing.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiara_sullivan: I agree with the idea of just making new versions and that it helped CV grow. In no way am I opposed to the new(hell almost all of my alts have been reworked to something new that I like). I do however know that there are some people who liked their prime versions and kind of lost some hype when they couldn't use them. I support the new U completely. I just feel if someone wanted their old character they should feel free to have it. Way I see it anything should be open game unless it clearly alters the game for others.

For example lets say I instead of making my newer Salem Hex wanted to keep the prime one. I couldn't end of story NU says no. However what does it hurt? Her history with Prime characters would have no impact on NU besides the fact she might say "hey you look familiar." There is little point IMO to make it imposible for someone to do.

CV is a open sand box if you take away some sand all that is done is providing a lack of sand to play in. I've no interest in my old stuff, I just feel all doors should more or less be open :)

@strongarm: Believe so, but it isn't clear. Because it isn't clear that makes it feel less welcoming. If instead it said "Hey COE is blank blank and blank" and each gave something to go off of, I think that would decrease the paranoia some newcomers might get.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Who the hell is on COE and perhaps a small statement from them as to their intent might be a good idea.

Since when is COE some mystical force that hides behind the shadows? The COE is Lady Liberty, Andres Knightfall and myself. It has been since conception.

It probably could and should be listed in the rules who's on it, I'll grant you that, but don't portray it as if it's some secret we keep on the forum, which is very much what this comes across as.

As for our purpose/intent, it's listed right in the CVnU rules? It's pretty hard to miss when you read them.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By 614azrael

@mercy_: I didn't aim for it to sound as if it was one, just that to a newcomer they might think it's like that.

New kid comes in they see all these rules they've no idea who the COE is. From that it becomes a sort of paranoia, its unknown and presents a sort of pressure.

If it said who the COE is this would help solidify that "ok they're just here to help and if I'm concerned I can send a pm." And that I think would help soften the sort of 'inner circle' that newcomers might take it for.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Mercy_

@614azrael: Fair enough lol

I mean, has any new user come to you about paranoia or anything like that? Because since the mentor thread was set up I've received about seven PMs and people were more worried about the amount of canon and the difference between IC and OOC as opposed to the COE, which I never heard mention of.

I don't think this would be a hard thing for us to do, I guess I just don't think it's a big deal at all, either way.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im barely around and knew that but i thought azzy was being rhetorical...

Azzy, I think that if you throw in a prime its the proverbial wrench in the gears type situation. Someone will get ideas. I couldnt throw Prime Kiara in because she is way to over powered for the nU world. She could pretty much lay waste to entire societies and i think thats what we are trying to avoid. Prime characters became way to over powered. It also allows for new RPers to jump in without feeling like they have no foothold or ground to stand on if they jump in. this way free agents can come in without feeling like they need to join a team to make their mark.

i was supposed to be going to bed....

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: I didn't either, but a few people brought it up in hear and so I thought id mention a quick solution. lol

I really don't see much need for change.

Chosen One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldnt throw Prime Kiara in because she is way to over powered for the nU world.

I don't know about that. There are some insanely powerful people in the nU as well. (Just like there is/was in Prime)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was supposed to be going to bed....

welcome back to CV - where you go to be three hours after you planned

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

@chosen_one: At the end prime Kiara was virtually invincible. I allowed power struggles to shroud her emotions and eventually she was able to wipe people out in the blink of an eye. im not saying she could have wiped out supers that easily but it would have had to of been one hell of a fight for them to even come close to killing her off. with all of her powers combined it would have been tough for anyone to actually down her enough for them to be victors. hence why i jumped on the CVnU band wagon so quickly

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiara_sullivan: nU Vrakmul is substantially more powerful than Prime Vrakmul (going from celestial level to like, Peak Galactus or Imperiex Prime level) for example. :P

But his planned arc before his ultimate, permanent death is much longer than Prime Vrakmul's was.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: I feel like the only person who took the pretense of nU seriously..... I feel laaaame lol

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Kratesis

@guardian_of_gravity: I feel like the only person who took the pretense of nU seriously..... I feel laaaame lol

If it makes you feel any better I have stripped almost all my characters down to street level and even capped my powerhouses at 100 tons ;-)

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kratesis: that makes me feel a bit better... but some of the things im hearing is disturbing.

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiara_sullivan: Vrakmul doesn't work at street level anymore than Daredevil would as the new galactus. :P

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Strongarm

@kiara_sullivan: Vrakmul doesn't work at street level anymore than Daredevil would as the new galactus. :P

Did the new verse have a nerf down memo or something? I thought on that rules page it is said to have 'different' characters, not weaker

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

@kratesis: I can understand why. But it seems like there are people out there setting bad examples of what nU was supposed to be about.

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiara_sullivan: We're probably thinking of different cases, but I agree to a point ;-)

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

@kratesis I wouldnt doubt it lol. I'm very behind on anything vine related lol