CVnU: New York City

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@azure_son: Bishop stares at his open palm for a minute and assesses the man in front of him. About the same age as himself or younger, confident stance, he seemed genuine. Reaching out Retrofire shakes, "Retrofire. The new one. You look a lot like The Champion. Any relation?" He asks letting go.

"That's the problem. This and his first kill in Milwaukee are the only two involving drugs. Only there it was a dealer not a junkie. Between the two are wht appear to be random victims. A doctor, a lawyer, a housewife, a cop. I'm thinking he might be a serial killer. The only reason I know the kills are his is his choice of death. He cuts the victims at the front door to the bathroom, then when their weak he lets them bleed out in the bath tub, fills it up with water... and makes them drown in their own blood. Whoever he is, he wanted these people to suffer. "

Turning back towards the bathroom, Bishop nudges his head to have the new hero on scene follow, "This is where it happened." he says pointing to the bathroom and letting Leonel go ahead, "I'll warn you, it's gruesome even without the body."

"Your turn, what have you got so far?"

Avatar image for deactivated-603254cf2e22e
deactivated-603254cf2e22e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_:

Firmly shaking Retrofire's hand with a fairly personable smile and issued inclination of the head in respect, Leonel answers, "Oh, yeah, he's my father", stepfather, The Champion's Reality M counterpart was his biological parent. Retreating his hand and remaining attentive to his acquaintance's words, Leonel focuses specifically on the random selection of victims the killer has targeted. "Seems like you're right. He targets whoever's unlucky enough to cross paths with him. But his MO is cutting the victim at the front door of the bathroom and once they're weak he lets them bleed out in the bathtub, correct?", Leonel pauses. "Then he fills it up with water and drowns them in their own blood. Hmm".

Following behind Retrofire, the Modern Man examines the bloodstained bathroom. A man born and raised in the flames of war, death and it's graphic incarnations weren't something Leonel cringed at. Though the sheer lack of humanity demonstrated by the killer, it sent chills rippling down his spine. "So far I can tell that our killer isn't a visionary one. Unless we have evidence that he thinks he's being told by some supernatural entity to kill these people. He isn't mission-oriented because he's targeting people at random and not focusing on one group of people he thinks are undesirable. He probably isn't a hedonistic type either. There doesn't seem to be anything sexual about these murders, and it can't be thrill killing because these attacks are prolonged and elaborate".

"This guy restrains his victims, cuts them at the front door until their weak enough for him to drag into the bathroom and fill the bathtub with their blood as the victim bleeds out, and then he finally drowns them in their own blood. This is about power, it's about control. He could kill them quickly but he draws it out and makes his victims suffer, so that they know that in the palm of his hand is their life and he's toying with it because he can. This is domination", Leonel paused. "Our guy is probably someone who was abused as a child so now as an adult he feels powerless and inadequate".

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azure_son: "That doesn't narrow it down by much, but it's a start. I managed to pull some samples from a nail in the bedroom. The weird thing is, he has never deviated from the B-line from the front door, to the bathroom. But this time he did, and here of all places." Retro says looking over the decrepit squatter tenement, "I have a feeling this girl may have known the killer, in fact..."

"There is something in common with all the victims. They answered the door. I can't buy that all these people, all FIFTEEN, were the trusting type to open the door for anybody. You only do that for an old face you trust. I think our killer IS what connects the victims."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_:

The revelation was telling. "So this means that it couldn't have been random. He knew exactly who he was targeting. This probably changes a portion of his motives as well", Leonel theorized, pensively rubbing his chin. "He didn't make them suffer because he feels inadequate or powerless as a result of childhood abuse. He wanted to make them suffer and feel powerless because these were people he knew, people that made him feel powerless or negative about himself or something whenever they'd meet". Pausing for a moment of further thought, Leonel resumed. "A doctor, a lawyer, a housewife, a cop, a drug dealer, and a junkie. They're all somehow connected. This guy is methodical. He's managed to get away with fifteen murders without committing any obvious mistakes".

"Stalkers are usually methodical. This is hypothetical but say he was stalking this housewife based on some obsession he had with her. She files a harassment complaint but it only motivates him to be more dangerous. Eventually she calls the police, and one particular officer may have struck him the wrong way. The housewife files a restraining order against him which he disobeys. The lawyer he hires to help him with his legal problems with the police and the housewife fails him. He can't cope with all of the stress so he turns to drugs", Leonel continues. "First he befriends a dealer but he soon runs out of money. So eventually he finds a junkie willing to share the drugs with him. They're all connected. But why would he want to kill them?".

"The housewife didn't respond positively to his obsession with her. The police officer was an obstacle in his path to the housewife. The lawyer failed him when he needed him. The drug dealer turned him away when our killer no longer had money. And the junkie must have consumed whatever supply they had without him. And that was the final blow. Now this is a long-shot but we could question the housewife's family to know if she had ever complained of anyone stalking or harassing her".

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azure_son: "That's a hell of a first guess...I see where your going though. There's a web of betrayal or scorn involving this person, and he's at the center, somehow." Opening a window out to the fire escape Bishop hops outside and uses his short distance flight to reach the next roof, "You comming kid?!" He yells

(My bad I got caught up)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_: (No worries, mano)

"Exactly", Leonel replied with an agreeing nod. "It doesn't have to be the one I hypothesized, in fact chances are it isn't. But there's definitely a web of betrayal connecting everyone to our killer in some manner or another". Conducting a final visual examination of the crime scene, the stench of death and blood hanging in the air like a force of nature as he gazed all about, Leonel answered back as his acquaintance commenced the quick flight to the next building. "Yeah just making sure I didn't miss anything here". Following behind Retrofire with his own quick burst of flight, the Modern Man wonders just who their killer might be.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Agreed"Bishop says walking across a roof top with his chin in his hand, then stops and does an about face "I've met other heroes before, ones that could do things that helped further the case. Between finding microscopic evidence no CSI could have, or hearing a specific voice in a crowd of a thousand in a stadium."Reaching into his belt Retrofire pulls out a baggy with a fractured finger nail in it" if I was to put a piece of evidence in your hand, could you do something to track it? " He asked, taking what at this point of his life didn't feel like a long shot. Leonel claimed he was the son of The Champion, one of the world's finest's legacy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_:

Taking in the sight of the fractured fingernail contained by the evidence bag, a reassuring smile curled upon Leonel's chiseled visage, "Fortunately that falls right into my wheelhouse". The murder was committed more than a week ago so the killer was most likely no longer in the city if he was continuing his trend of avoiding the police. Searching for the sound waves of an attempted murder confession in the city wouldn't be fruitful. Instead, Leonel focused his sight on examining the genetic material left in the victim's fingernail before constructing an appropriate model for the killer's DNA. "Alright there's some DNA on that fingernail. But it's not enough to search for a match. But", Leonel paused, this time focusing his eyesight on the encompassing roof.

"It matches what I'm finding on the remnants of dead skin on that pipe. He must have touched it while on this roof. There's enough DNA on that pipe to find a match".

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10709  Edited By _RetroFire_

@azure_son: "You lead and I'll follow."Focusing his energy Bishop's eyes glow blue as hs body levitates off the roof ready to go, " We gotta shut this guy down. Tonight." His voice shook with a determined conviction. This man killed fifteen people, he can't kill a sixteenth, Bishop thought to himself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_:

Nodding in response, Leonel commenced an investigative scan of the roof. "Alright", he began, his eyes trailing over every portion of their environment, "This guy's fingerprints and microscopic flakes of dead skin are all over the place. And... his blood", he paused. Approaching the stained drops of crimson on a the ground and lowering himself to a knee, Leonel's azure eyes squinted with investigative dexterity. "This is his blood. Not the victim's. His DNA is here. I'm willing to guess that he came to this roof fresh after killing someone, but whoever it was that he killed, gave him a fight. He was wounded. His victim fought for their life". Exercising his superhuman strength to dig his fingers into the ground and rip the chunk of concrete with the killer's stained blood, he continued.

"We can take this back to the police station and see if they can match the DNA on this with anything they might have from a past criminal. That way we can identify exactly who it is we're searching for", he paused. "And with all of the futuristic technology and whatnot that we all have now, it'll only take a couple of minutes to match this DNA with someone. Let's get going".

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azure_son: Walking into the front door with Leonel the two caught all eyes, perpetrators and officers alike.

"Afternoon. This is Leonel and I'm retrofire."

"Thought he died?" The cop at the desk asks

"He did. I'm the new one. We need an analysis on a DNA sample for a crime in Harlem." Bishop says tossing the evidence on the counter.

"Oh well loddy dah. Lemme just stop what I'm doin' to rush down to the lab for ya! Supers...Rodney'll help ya. He's big on this men in tights crap. Go down the hall and make a left, then keep straight until ya hit the stairs. and make a right. Lab. "

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler:

New York. Heh. Haven't seen this place in a while.Thought about moving here to get a job. Now, I'm on a job. Getting another friend out of trouble. Some...thing has been following my friend around so I decided to travel to new york. Speak of the devil....she managed to send me a text before the guy found her in the closet. Dammit.

Armory managed to call in a favor for a helicopter ride to the top of the place. He looked down on the building as the copter landed on top of it and Elliot jumped off it fully equipped with a new LSAT Machine gun in his hands and other weapons hidden. He did have a para shoot. Just in case. Armory opened the door to the rooftop and entered the building.

Soon he went in the halls to see that he got right past the guards into the place. Shit. He needs the girl alive. But she is a girl. If he's doing some things to her I swear to god.... Armory opens the door to the front of the luxury penthouse, and opens the door. Peaking around the place.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_an_average_man:

Dennis stood in the bathroom, washing his hand very casually while whistling Johnny Cash's "Hurt" to himself in a jaunty manner. His form resembled his red headed human side, it didn't stop him from looking as sadistic as a Manson. Elliot's friend sat in a chair, facing away from Elliot and bound by some strange red paste of sorts. It really did not seem like the demonic serial killer was paying attention.

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler:

Room is gonna get wrecked...
Room is gonna get wrecked...

The 18 year old girl in jeans, a purple shirt of Asian ethnicity's eyes were on the man. Wide with fear. Alert.

Elliot didn't yell freeze. He didn't tell the man to put his hands hand. *RATATATATATATA* He lit him up with the gun. Each shot hitting with 1000 lbs of force towards his face. Elliot seeking to reduce it to mush. No kill quite like overkill. Especially these days.

She jumped when the bullets whirred her by at mach 2.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_an_average_man:

Success, in a manner of speaking. See Dennis was standing in front of a mirror, which he had propped open. The reflection visible from Elliot's view shattered into all sorts of pieces. The thing heard after all gunfire ceased was Dennis turning into his demon form, releasing the murderous beast inside. "Good shootin' there hoss! Who taught ya ta shoot, Harry Houdini!? HAHAHA!"

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler:

Piece of shit. Elliot backed up. Waiting for him. "Yeah. I'm a pretty sorry shot man. I won't lie. You should probably charge right out. I'll probably miss every shot." He might close the distance pretty quick. He had plenty of rounds left in his 100 rounds magazine. He started mulling about tactics in his head. What the hell is that noise...?

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_an_average_man: Dennis could barely hold back his demonic laughter, crawling as silently as a house spider inside of the roofing for this illustrious sted. Dennis was breaking through the ceiling like a Halloween scare-toy. Except this one was covered in blood red liquid and looked like a bat out of hell. "SURPRISE! LET'S break the pinata!" Dennis screamed and went to claw Armory right on the scalp while coming down.

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler:

Armory looked around as the laughter echoed through the place. His eyes narrowed. Now alert. Listening for the slightest sound. He was somewhere around and to be honest. Armory was expecting him to appear behind him.

He busted in from the ceiling. SH*T! Armory managed to snapped around and up to the falling demon in less than a quarter of a second to block the thing's claw with his MG. It got knocked straight of his hands with a claw mark on it.

"Well this pinata is gonna beat the sh** outta you, pal."

Armory then throws a swift solid straight punch to the guy's face.Trying to punch some liquid demon thing might seem like a bad idea when your "just" an armored really fit human. But not when you have a shotgun strapped to your arm under your sleeve. If the punch connected, this creepy ass thing was gonna be receiving a 2400 lb buckshot surprise triggered by the impact of Elliots half ton punch. He was aiming to stagger the thing. Maybe knock it down. Would have reduced any man's head to chunks. But armory wasn't hoping for that much now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_:

Though the disposition of the police officer at the desk was less than personable, Leonel remained fairly polite and well-mannered, he understood that the officer may have been behind that desk for a marathon of hours and exhausted. Some of them were bound to be somewhat irritable. Flashing an amicable smile and issuing a quick introductory wave, the Modern Man followed behind Retrofire as both sought out the laboratory where this Rodney was supposedly in. Having followed the officer's directions, both Leonel and Retrofire found themselves standing before the laboratory's doors. "So do we just walk in?", he inquired, turning to face his acquaintance.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azure_son: "From one legacy to another? Don't just walk into anywhere. Strut like you own the joint. Nobody questions you." Opening the door to the lab Bishop makes a b-line past the bodies on the metal slabs to stroll up on a man holding a pancreas, dropping it into a tray to weigh as he bobs his head to the music playing through his earbuds.Turning around he almost jumps out of his skin. "Ahh! Christ..." He pulls out the buds and shakes his head, "Don't sneak up on a guy in a morgue. Not cool man."

"Sorry, didn't want to interrupt the dance off between you and john doe. I'm Retrofire, this is...." He says realizing he never got a title from the champion's son. "El. We need a DNA test done on some samples linked to a suspected serial killer." Bishop says putting the baggie of scrapings from the roof and the nail from the deceased on the table beside the body.

"Alright, just gimme some time to sew this guy up"

"He's not gonna file a complaint if he's open a few more minutes. We need it now."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_:

El? The title garnered a quiet chuckle from the Modern Man, his head shaking as a smile curled upon his archangelic features in expressed amusement. It was not unlike an alias that Catalina would award him. Something easily referenced in pop culture. On the verge of voicing the importance that the man prioritize testing the DNA samples over treating the corpse, Leonel paused as Retrofire instead made clear the urgency of the matter. "That and we need to identify this guy before he kills anybody else. We don't want the fifteen turning into sixteen if we can stop him now", Leonel added, resolute but never disrespectful.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10722  Edited By _RetroFire_

@azure_son: "Jeez. Aright, aright..." Snapping off his plastic gloves the CSI roles his eyes and walks over to large machine that looked like a printer scanner combo. Opening the baggy he uses a pair of tweezers to pull out the scrapings and nail onto an underlit glass frame beneath the screen.

"We've been using a new method here. This machine can view the structure of the DNA on a cellular level and compare it with known samples in the country. If your guy pissed in a cup, gave a blood sample, or ever had to go to a hospital, we'll get a hit in about ten minutes. Now, if you'll excuse me?" He asks Bishop as he slides between the two back over to the cadaver.

"Let's kill ten minutes...How come I've never heard of you Leonel? Seems like the son of the Champion would be prime time. "

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_:

Momentarily shifting his gaze from the commencing DNA test and returning them to Retrofire, Leonel answers his acquaintance's question. "Oh right, that. I'm not really from here. Not your planet. Your universe", he paused, coolly registering the CSI's invested reaction with an understanding smile before resuming. "I'm from an alternate universe, a former one, it doesn't exist anymore. But it was called Reality M. I'm from there, the son of Thee Champion and The Goddess' counterparts", he revealed. "I lost my parents a long time ago, and once my universe was set to disappear, your universe's versions of Thee Champion and The Goddess appeared. They brought me here and accepted me as part of their family".

"Their stepson. So you haven't heard of me because I'm not really that well known here yet. What about you?", he inquired, "I'm curious, when did you decide to start being a hero?".

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azure_son: "I'll admit I thought I was ready for any answer, but that one surprised me." Bishop looks over at the screen for a second to check on the process, "Sounds like you live an interesting life, ad with that pedigree your going to go places fast."Bishop rubs his chin and leans on anearby counter, "You don't know a girl named Catalina yet do you?"

Looking at him with a look of surprise for a second he realizes, "Right, you weren't here...My father was the original Retrofire. He was...killed in a fight, with another hero. I mainly worked with the president as an Ambassador after my dat put ina good word during the last administration. Here he was a big symbol for a long time. When he passed I decided to take up that symbol, make sure it still stood for the things my father did. My real name, it's Bishop. " Hhe says, reciprocating the exchange of personal names

"You go by anything yet? Here we have sort of...titles, names we use in public even if our identities are known. It's kind of a marketing technique. "

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_:

"Hehe, it tends to surprise most people", Leonel smiled, his charismatic affability shining in tandem with his perfect, white teeth. "Compared to what my life used to be, my life right now is pretty dull", he jests, combining harmless humor with modesty to diminish the grandiosity of his daily activities. Soon however, his curiosity was piqued as Retrofire asked whether or not he was familiar with a woman named Catalina. Cocking his left eyebrow as an expression of confused surprise overcame him, he responded, "Yeah. She's my sister. Stepsister but still my sister, blood relation doesn't matter", at least to him it didn't. Tempering his desire to prod Retrofire for answers on how he knew about Catalina, Leonel remained attentive as his comrade detailed the past behind the 'Retrofire' mantel.

"Oh.. I'm sorry to hear that man, though it's good to see you doing something that'd make your father proud. And-", coming to an abrupt pause, both his eyes widened and his jaw nearly dropped. "Wait, you're Bishop? And you know Catalina, so you must be Catalina's Bishop. The one she told me about". Taking a second or two to retain his composure, Leonel met Bishop's eyes before resuming, "I don't know what's going on with you two but you're the one who helped her when her memory was erased and we were searching for her. And from the way she talks about you and smiles every time she says your name, she really likes you", Leonel paused, "And you seem to make her happy. She's not ready to come home yet, she wants to do her own thing for now. She trusts you, and while I'll be doing the same, I'll ask that you take care of my sister".

"As for titles... for myself, I haven't thought of one yet, no", he admitted. "One girl has called me Champion Jr. but I don't think I'll use that", he laughed. "Ziccarra, my stepmother came up with the best one that I think I'll use. Azure Son".

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10726  Edited By _RetroFire_

@azure_son: "Ah...small world..." Bishop says squeezing the counter. He had been in a few relationships in the past and the brothers always gave him the thousand yard stare. He had a feeling he was in for a ride now. Then the covnersation takes a sharp left, as Leonel starts talking about Catalina liking him. His hands loosen on the counter, "Of course. She doesn't need me for that as much as I had thought she did though. She's strong." He says with a smile

"I don't know man, Champ Jr. does have a good ring to it." He says holding back a laugh, "Azure Son, that fits you. Hard part next is finding out what you want that name to mean to everybody else." Standing up Bishop hears the machine go off as a red bar blinks over a mugshot and name.

"Nickolas J. Rush. age 35 ...damn." Leonel looks at him ready to ask what it was, but he already answers, "His dad was Richard Rush, AKA, Rick Rush. He was a super human with the vulnerability and super speed. He had a calling card, he'd blitz his victims from behind at high speeds... If Nich is a legacy like us, his super speed would explain how he cut the victims from the door and only left a small trail to the bathroom. He would race them into the tub. I think this is our guy. His last known address is a flat above an abandoned shoe mill in the industrial park, before he moved to Milwaukee four years ago."

"You guys find what you were lookin' for?" The investigator asks holding a heart in his hand with his glasses hanging precariously from the tip of his nose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_:

Meeting his response with a smile of his own, Leonel points out, "All of my family members are strong". Strong not because each of them possessed the might to shatter mountains at their weakest and break worlds at the height of their powers, but because despite their literal power, they were willing to admit when they needed one another, the support of the other. To overcome one's own bravado and pride, that was strength. "A little bit", he winks in jest, a soft laugh escaping him as he was certain that the name 'Champ Jr.' would eventually be attributed by the media. "What I want that name to mean", there was little to no contemplation, Leonel knew exactly what he wanted the name to mean.

He was the kind of man that had a clear vision of what he wanted and what he was going to do with his life. "The world I came from was much worse than this one. It was marred by war at all times. A tyrannical global military force wiping out any and every opposition to their plans of world domination with the kind of violence people wished mankind was capable of. Things were bad. The suffering, the casualties. A lot of people gave up. Nobody thought about the future. They only thought about surviving until the next day. It was always about the now. Because if you thought for a second about anything else other than surviving, you're already dead. I was a soldier, the leader of the resistance against that tyrannical army. And I could tell every time I looked at my one of my comrades".

"I could tell every time we lost a brother and sister in battle that nobody looked forward to tomorrow. Because nobody thought a future better than the now was possible. Or to phrase it better, everyone believed things would only get worse come the next day", Leonel paused. "What I want my name to mean. I want it to be a name that makes everyone believe in a better tomorrow. In a greater future of peace". Directing their attention from the general aspects of heroism to the matter at hand, both Leonel and Bishop were now armed with the identity of their killer. With an unshakable resolve, Leonel answered the investigator's inquiry. "Absolutely. And thank you", he paused, issuing a respectful inclination of the head before meeting Bishop's gaze, "Let's go find this guy and finally put a stop to these murders".

Figaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_savage

Moving along the streets Figaro moves like a shadow, not a single person even sees him. As if he was invisible to them, but he was not. He simply blends in with the crowds of the streets, he is no more intimidating on appearance than a teddy bear. But deep down inside this young man is the heart of a vile man, a man once tortured by simply being. Now he wishes to cause all over the pain he feels day in, day out. For he can control all inside his body, but this does not come without its consequences. As he moves he begins to become hungry, finding the slow in the crowd and following. He is led into a alleyway and following a quick hit to the head, brings down the little old lady. Cutting her throat he consumes a good portion of blood, he is not a vampire but using his own blood as a weapon he must replenish his cache of internal weapons. Doing this disgusts him, but he has to but as he drinks he does not sense the man watching him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_: Edited out the last paragraph, wasn't feeling it LOL.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10730  Edited By _RetroFire_

@_retrofire_:

Meeting his response with a smile of his own, Leonel points out, "All of my family members are strong". Strong not because each of them possessed the might to shatter mountains at their weakest and break worlds at the height of their powers, but because despite their literal power, they were willing to admit when they needed one another, the support of the other. To overcome one's own bravado and pride, that was strength. "A little bit", he winks in jest, a soft laugh escaping him as he was certain that the name 'Champ Jr.' would eventually be attributed by the media. "What I want that name to mean", there was little to no contemplation, Leonel knew exactly what he wanted the name to mean.

He was the kind of man that had a clear vision of what he wanted and what he was going to do with his life. "The world I came from was much worse than this one. It was marred by war at all times. A tyrannical global military force wiping out any and every opposition to their plans of world domination with the kind of violence people wished mankind was capable of. Things were bad. The suffering, the casualties. A lot of people gave up. Nobody thought about the future. They only thought about surviving until the next day. It was always about the now. Because if you thought for a second about anything else other than surviving, you're already dead. I was a soldier, the leader of the resistance against that tyrannical army. And I could tell every time I looked at my one of my comrades".

"I could tell every time we lost a brother and sister in battle that nobody looked forward to tomorrow. Because nobody thought a future better than the now was possible. Or to phrase it better, everyone believed things would only get worse come the next day", Leonel paused. "What I want my name to mean. I want it to be a name that makes everyone believe in a better tomorrow. In a greater future of peace". Directing their attention from the general aspects of heroism to the matter at hand, both Leonel and Bishop were now armed with the identity of their killer. With an unshakable resolve, Leonel answered the investigator's inquiry. "Absolutely. And thank you", he paused, issuing a respectful inclination of the head before meeting Bishop's gaze, "Let's go find this guy and finally put a stop to these murders".

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10732  Edited By Doc_Savage

@figaro:

Doc stood ontop of one of the back alley brickhouses, as ever clad in his white outfit but with a high-tech rifle resting upon his left shoulder. He was methodical, but not emotionless. The sight of a life slipping away would still disgust him as it did back in the day, but the sacrifice was needed. Through observation he could put his genial mind to work, carefully recording every bit of information that stood before him, learning as much as he could before actually striking.

"Poor deranged psychopath...the game is on.", the sentence rings in his head as he decides that he's seen enough.

In a moment's notice he comes up with a plan to gather the samples he came for. Doc crouches to reduce his visibility and gain better stability with his weapon, just like they taugh him. However, he does not yet ready his weapon, instead he reaches around into a belt-pouch and pulls out a magazine and 5 unpacked bullets. He inserts them on the top of the mag instead of the original bullets and loads it into the rifle.

Keeping his cool, Doc deeply inhales and holds his breath before taking aim. Contracting his pointing finger quickly he fires 5 times. First two of the bullets aiming around the boy, first set to nearly miss his head and the second one on the trajectory ending near his feet. They were supposed to alert him of Doc's presence and make him drop the barely breathing woman. Should this succeed then the other three rounds would then force the youngster away from the woman.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Figaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_savage: His trained ears pick up on the loading of the bullets, as he drops the woman into his arm he holds up a palmed hand. As the bullets whiz he creates an intense field of heat around his body after rubbing his fingertips together. The bullets all that would alert him would melt the moment they passed into his field, he slowly set the woman down. He hadn't drained her completely, but he did drain a significant amount. She wouldn't die, but have a nasty headache afterwards. Moving quickly he slits his wrist and forms a grapple from the dripping blood, tossing it straight up he quickly climbs the building beside him. Moving to the top he knows whoever the man firing at him was, he wanted something from him so he ran.

For a former priest he knew the area quite well, it had been sometime since he was one of the clergy and had studied the area quite intricately since then. Moving over the top of the buildings he had hoped the man would not follow, but knew like many who were curious he would follow simply to see who he was.

Doc_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@figaro: FK I'll get into this tommorow.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10739  Edited By ThePuzzler

@the_puzzler:

Armory looked around as the laughter echoed through the place. His eyes narrowed. Now alert. Listening for the slightest sound. He was somewhere around and to be honest. Armory was expecting him to appear behind him.

He busted in from the ceiling. SH*T! Armory managed to snapped around and up to the falling demon in less than a quarter of a second to block the thing's claw with his MG. It got knocked straight of his hands with a claw mark on it.

"Well this pinata is gonna beat the sh** outta you, pal."

Armory then throws a swift solid straight punch to the guy's face.Trying to punch some liquid demon thing might seem like a bad idea when your "just" an armored really fit human. But not when you have a shotgun strapped to your arm under your sleeve. If the punch connected, this creepy ass thing was gonna be receiving a 2400 lb buckshot surprise triggered by the impact of Elliots half ton punch. He was aiming to stagger the thing. Maybe knock it down. Would have reduced any man's head to chunks. But armory wasn't hoping for that much now.

"A FIST!?" Dennis laughed manically before chomping down on the man's wrist like an organic bear trap. Not only this, but small tendrils ejected from his very gums to dig into mortal flesh like a hunted whale. Of course the demon was laughing, gnawing and gnawing...That is until a gun clicked from inside Dennis's mouth.

"...Oh f-" The gun went off, scattering the crimson creep's head matter all behind him. The body flopping onto the ground like a wet sack of meat...

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azure_son said:

@_retrofire_:

Bishop immediately took on a high respect of this new legacy. He reminded him a lot of someone else, "My father, he was in the second world war. He saw things like what you saw, I think in the end it's what made him the symbol he was. Anyone who can see a hopeful future in a bleak scene like that is a symbol by default. You're a good man Leo" Bishop says shaking his hand, "But you should probably get an interview, that's a hell of a life story. If the money is the problem don't take a check, but share that. It can inspire a lot of people."(*look over @shanana*)

Walking out the swinging double doors Bishop runs into an the officer from the front desk holding a report, "Retrofire right? You don't look the same as the last one, threw me off. Sorry about that earlier. Anyway, we just got a report of a child abducted from a home near Hudson Park." Taking the paper from the officer's hand his eyes dart across the page, hen looks at Leonel. "That's only ten blocks from the Industrial district. We gotta move. Thanks" He says to the desk partolman before taking off at high speed out of the front doors leaving a dent in the orange linoleum floor.

Racing down the road, hopping over cars and dodging pedestrians. Jumping over the trunk of a car, Bishop notices Leonel leaving a streak in the sky as he flies at the same rate matching himself, yet his expression looked like he wasn't even strained. Jumping back down to the road after his thought between seconds Bishop yells up at Leonel "I think your faster than me! Get to Rush! I'll get the girl out and come back to help!" He said waving him to go ahead if the words didn't travel, trying to gain more speed with the thought Nick Rush might be in the middle of torturing the girl. Her name is Emily Saunders and it digs deeper into his memory each second.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_:

To be idealistically likened to the original Retrofire by the legendary hero's very own son, it both moved him and motivated him to become a comparable symbol of peace and the greater good. "Thanks, Bishop", Leonel smiled, shaking his hand while issuing a respectful inclination of the head in expressed gratitude, "That really means a lot. Especially coming from the original Retrofire's son". As for the suggestion of an interview, Leonel considered it. He wasn't generally a fan, not because of a strict policy of privacy on his part, but because one interview is time he could be spending helping someone or stopping something terrible from happening. "I don't really need money, and most of what I earn I give to charities. But an interview, it could be fun".

Though as they exited the forensics laboratory, both champions of justice shifted their attention from their previous conversation to the matter at hand. A child had just been kidnapped, ten blocks from the city's industrial district. Taking flight as both heroes moved at breathtaking velocities, evading whichever obstacle emerged before them, a subtle streak of red and blue trailed behind the Modern Man, rendered more vibrant by the faint aura of superheated plasma flickering around his frame. Advised by Bishop to intercept their killer, Leonel with a quick nod, burst into the distance, accelerating every coming second, his microscopic perception all things organic, and even inorganic, enabling him to pinpoint Rush's exact location, having memorized his genetic structure from peering into traces of his DNA on the fingernail and roof during his investigation.

Confident that Bishop would tend to the girl, Leonel instead focused on arresting Rush. Or rather, knocking him unconscious. Blasting into whatever safe-house or structure Rush and the girl were in, the Modern Man acted quickly. Certain that a startled Rush would attempt to flee, Leonel made use of his ability to manipulate negative mass, a state of matter in which all the properties of a particle are the same, except their reaction to certain forces. A push for example, on negative mass would cause it to go flying in the opposite direction. As Rush sought to race away from him, Leonel for a brief moment, altered Rush's inertial mass to negative inertial mass, causing him to be pushed in the opposite direction to that in which he accelerated. In essence, as Rush sought to run from Leonel, he was instead pushed back towards him.

Returning the killer's inertial mass to it's ordinary state, the Modern Man caught the pushed murderer, encircling his neck with both arms from behind, grabbing his own biceps on the other arm as his forearm remains tight under Rush's jaw while Leonel exercises his phenomenal, herculean strength, pulling his shoulders back before choking their killer unconscious with a rear naked choke.

Jack_Henzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10744  Edited By Doc_Savage

@figaro:

Lowering his rifle, he watches the general disarray that ensued. Capturing and analyzing the specimen's reaction to his actions, Doc immediately noticed that he had very acute senses. Particulary hearing, which he judged from the full-body twitch his target performed just as he was loading in the bullets. Among the quantum of new information he just gained, one stood out the most: The certainity with which his quarry moved. This meant that the target had a pretty good knowledge of the neighborhood. Concluding that the man lived here at one point, he gracefully climbs down the building.

The Doctor of Death makes way towards the bleeding woman, picking the 5 bullets along the way. Arriving by her side, he briefly stops to reevaluate if she is worth saving before noticing a picture of her and her family, dipped in blood. This defining evidence must have fallen from her purse. He puts his rifle beside him and kneels down. Again reaching around his back, he pulls out a circle that glowed faintly in blue color. The built-in sensors make it expand to fit the woman's head into it. He then pulls it down around her neck and with but a press of a button it envelops the wound.

He stands up and moves a bit closer to the streets. It was here where the target slit his wrists and proceeded to make an escape. There were small droplets of blood on the ground, however they were to contaminated for his plans. However, they were more than enough for his inuitive ability to pick up his trail and lead him to his quarry.

Doc fell in silent pursuit of the target.

(It just swallowed my post...for a second time dude. Sry.)

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler:

Armory cringed when the thing bit down on his arm, though the armor protected him from receiving any major harm from it. Then the gun went off in the thing's mouth and splattered the thing all over the place. Thing fell over like a sac of rocks, somewhat to Armory's relief and disbelief.

"Heh that actually worked." He said looking down it. With the thing still now, Armory picked it up and slung it over his shoulder, then walked over to the bathroom with it where she was. He tossed the body aside in the corner and cut the girl out, to her relief. "C'mon Ellen, let's get outta here..." "Oh Elliot thank god. You really saved my ass from this guy." Elliot looks over to the guy's corpse. "Don't mention it. Now. Come on. Let's go."

As she leaves, The one man army stoops down to the thing's presumably inert body. "Didn't sound too afraid of gettin' your head blown off. So it seems like you'll be back." Elliot takes out a napalm grenade and pulls the pin. Then rolls it over to him. "I'll just leave ya this lil' present." He shuts the door as the grenade would blow. Then he with her makes his escape. Going to the rooftop to wait for the chopper as Elliot calls it.

(Feel free to provide your own correction or interruption on how this would go down or whichever.)

Figaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10746  Edited By Figaro

@doc_savage: The soft pitter patter of the man behind him filled Syds ears, he knew he was following from the sound of puddles being disrupted. Groaning loudly he spun quick pulling a knife from his pocket and slicing a trail of blood across his chest. Dragging his fingertips along the blood he smiled and flicked each finger, with each flicker of fingers a bullet shaped droplet fired from his fingers. He was transforming the blood into a weapon, each bullet was aimed around the man not to do damage but to make him move further and further away from Syd. Leaping wide he caught the side of a building, but as he tried to pull himself to the top his grip slipped and he fell a story down to the concrete ground.

For a brief moment the wind was knocked out of him, shaking his head so that his vision would return he saw the man high above him. Not wanting to find out what the man wanted he dragged his fingers against the concrete striking and bringing out a spark. A generous amount of fire erupted from his hands and upwards a wall of flame keeping the man from him. He laid trying to regain his breathe as he leaned forward, hoping that the man was only human and would be smart enough to stay where he was.

(Same here dude)

Doc_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10747  Edited By Doc_Savage

@figaro:

The target had a lead of several minutes. However, due to the benefit of his inhuman physiology and perfect pathfinding, Doc started catching up to his quarry rather quickly. A fact known to both parties. The duo race upon the rooftops for a short time before, it turned out the deer had atlers and did not fear to use them. Using blood he opens supressing fire agains the Pale Doctor, without much effect. The 'blood bullets' could not match the real deal in speed, that coupled with his peak reflexes, the Doc is able to make quick adjustments to his path. The blood bender's tactic did not come to much fruition, the Doc perfectly continues in his pursuit like a bloodhound. Lady Propability was with him, for the boy messed up his jump and landed onto the concerete below...a surely painful experience.

Never-the-less, his incredible tenacity leaves him only a bit dizzy from the fall and upon seeing the pale figure, he projects a torrent of fire, thinking it would protect him.

If the Doc was anything, he was prepared. The reason why he previously replaced the five bullets was so he can use them as a diversion and then proceed to use the planned countermeasures in the form of hypodermic darts. Doc had the basic idea of the man's powers so he prepared a special casing for his neurotoxin carrying darts, iridium. It gave the darts a distinct crimson color and a characteristic resistance to fire and heat, surely useful in this encounter. However, he only had so much as 2 magazines.

Using his quarry's wall of fire to his advantage, he fired his rifle to the most propable location several times. Should any of the darts hit they would exhaust the afflicted target in several seconds before rendering them unconscious. Doc then follows up with the daring feat of jumping through the wall, using his coat for protection against the blaze.

He lands on the ground, the force of his drop leaving visible cracks in the concrete below...

(Sry. It got prolonged. BTW Manhunter mode activated.)

Figaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc_savage: Thwp thwp

That's all the noise that would fill his head as the darts hurtle towards him, without his breathe back he couldn't avoid both. The second hit him in the shoulder, hissing almost he watched as his pursuer fell to the ground with a loud thud. His hands cracking the concrete below, Syd could feel whatever was inside the darts taking control. For a moment his vision blurred, and he knew that soon he would be....THUD. His body fell with an almost echoing thud to the ground.

Whatever the Doctor had in store, Figaro thought as his world was becoming all dark "Better hope I never wake up."

(lets move this to a lab, would be funny no?)

Doc_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@figaro:

(Cool post, should we continue in Loc Anon then?)

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12