CVnU: New York City

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@house_mouse:

The fabric of time and space warped inwardly as her voice melodically dragged out his name. The warping created a ripple effect, adopting a cyclonic cycle of movement before a wormhole erupted from the origin. Stepping out from the wormhole was the Keijijo Kaze, whom had been discovering the innumerable applications of the Zenku's power in a metaphysical nexus uninhabited by those indoctrinated in the ways of chi. With Sophia veiled by her psionic technique Milo could only discern her location by the energy that situated itself amongst her general area, akin to a cloud of radiation, highlighted under the gaze of his potent visual prowess with an fervent fuchsia hue. "I assume you have the weapon with you? Ah... Yes, I can feel its power. Reveal yourself so that I may see it," he stated, eyes purposely directed opposite Sophia's location to maintain feigned aloofness.

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tranquil: Sophia saw him appear near where she stood. "If you feel it, you know it's here. How about I hang onto this? Information first. You get the sword." Her fingers tapped the hilt. "Or did you forget this was an exchange?"

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@house_mouse: "You seem to overestimate your value. I assigned you a menial task simply to save myself the trouble. I did not and do not need you. Nonetheless you have done well, assuming this is what I asked for, I am a man of my word." Turning his scrutinized gaze upon her he began to analyze her invisible form. A small chuckle escaped his lips. Upon observing her body's interactions whilst invisible, it seemed that this child was only tapping a small surface of her potential. "The scientific explanation of your ability is apparent, but have you ever inquired as to how you are able to manipulate particles? Or what catalyst is responsible for the initiation of the process that allows you to become invisible? You possess the capability to manipulate so much more than light, but you've subconsciously inhibited the expansion of your control. I must ask, have you ever attempted to turn something invisible that you're are not touching?"

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8404  Edited By House_Mouse

@tranquil: She tilted her head in her invisible state, watching the black and white image of Milo explain. Subconsciously? Why the hell would she sabotage herself like that? She knew the unconscious was a strange and twisted thing that sometimes functioned for the survival of its host. What might be the danger? Still such news was good. Just how to tap into this supposed potential? "Something I'm NOT touching?" She had never really found a purpose for that. Except maybe just cheap parlor tricks. But if she could manipulate light, would touch really be relevant? "I don't... how would I do that?" She asked not entirely sure how she was able to turn herself or things invisible at all. Perhaps she needed to open her imagination more? Beyond what seemed physically possible?

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@house_mouse: Refusing to divulge further information, Milo intervened in her line of questioning with a query of his own. "I offered information on your abilities in exchange for the sword. The fathomable applications of said abilities is beyond the terms of our arrangement. Now, if you would kindly hand over the sword so that I may inspect it for authenticity, I would gladly be willing renegotiate our terms."

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tranquil: "Yeah, you probably can't do more than that little bit of information anyway." She taunted before gaining visibility. She raised the sword, maneuvering it to hand him the hilt. "My power is invisibility not counterfeiting."

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@house_mouse: Ignoring her uninformed claim Milo grasp the weapon, examining it closely with both his eyes as well as his fingers. Unsheathing the blade, he pensively eyed the contours of its double edged design. After a short moment the sword's tip was pointed in the direction of Sophia before Milo sheathed the blade and attached it to the sash tightly wrapped around his waist. "What you ask or better yet, what you require, is training. For one who has honed the craft of chi manipulation, the training you require is not outside of my expertise. Also, there are many items akin to this sword that I wish to acquire. What I propose is, in exchange for elevation beyond the basics of your ability, you assist me in gathering these items."

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tranquil: "So, basically, as I get more powerful, you get more powerful. Guess that makes my whole goal of being better than you hopeless." She snickered. "Well, I don't know if you can teach worth crap. It's one thing to know your craft, it's quite another to be able to relay that information to another." She flicked her hair back with a hand. "I am blonde after all." Sophia joked. She may be smarter than the stereotype, but anything to get more out of this deal faster.

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@house_mouse: Milo chuckled audibly at the mention of her surpassing him in strength. A pensive mind absorbed the rest of her commentary with little interest, quite confident he'd had her interest peaked the moment she completed the initial task. "You truly do not understand what you are. Your power is well beyond anything I could ever achieve. It is simply a matter of harnessing it. Now are we in agreement?" Oddly, this exchange brought him memories back to his initial induction into the Keijijo clan. Unlike Sophia, Milo was eager to ascertain the knowledge of Impero Ishin, and unlike Milo, Ishin was anything but willing to divulge such knowledge. He wondered how his master had fared since their fateful encounter, and what had become of him since.

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tranquil: "Somebody mentioned something about my potential in the future. But always potential. I'd rather turn that into reality." Her blue eyes narrowed as she contemplated his offer. "I steal something for you, you teach me some stuff. I can break the contract whenever. If I don't get your your little trinkets, I don't get taught. Simple interchange. Fair? But..." She folded her arms over her chest, looking him squarely in the eyes. "What exactly do you get out of this? I mean, as we've touched on before, you seem quite capable of performing this tasks on your own. Maybe my involvement allows you to kick back and be lazy, but I highly doubt that. What else in this little arrangement do you have going for you?" Sophia was still skeptical of his motivations. It was her experience that people take more than they give. It was her own habit as well. It just made sense.

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8411  Edited By Tranquil

@house_mouse: "I get to ensure that evolution continues. And as my protege, you will carry on my legacy, whether or not you wish it so." Milo grinned at Sophia, knowing she could not wrap her mind around the idea that there was no true catch to this contract. The role of the betrayer was one that Milo had gained great infamy for, but this role would serve no purpose here. Something inside of him believed that it was natural for the youth to succeed their predecessors, and to stand in the way of such an occurrence may destroy the utopian future every living being sought after. "Perhaps the image of me illustrated by my interaction with Quintus has brought the cause for such suspicion but I assure you, there is nothing to fear."

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tranquil: "Fine. Like I said, I'm not in this for your idealistic legacy. If that happens, whatever. Seems like you could pick a more grateful person, but whatever." She extended a palm in explanation. "And honestly, you just seemed like a hothead in your conversation with Quintus. Picking a fight with the biggest kid in the yard to prove your worth. Not the sort to take legacies and tradition too seriously. Still, if I get something out of this arrangement.... why not? Don't expect me to play spy for you with Quintus unless it suits me." Sophia moved an open hand toward him for a moment of human touch as to illustrate their deal.

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@house_mouse: "You misunderstand, I care little for Quintus and his machinations. The less spoken of him, the better." The two engaged in a meaningful handshake, a glint in his eye has they exchanged gazes. "As for our next move. Allow me two days time to experiment with the sword and we will meet here once again."

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tranquil: Sophia quickly retracted her hand and shoved it into her pocket. "Alright. Have fun with your sword then." She paused. "Not a euphemism."

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_ said:

@house_mouse:

Subtly turning his own head to meet hers, his bold eyes met her own as he brazenly smirked, unwavering, the young warrior merely inched in a tad closer to the girl, the knife pressing upon his back ever so slightly. The feeling was ignored. "Go on," He dared, "think you could do it before I stop your heart?" He threatened, it was fake, and she knew it, his eyes gave it away. "You have some beautiful eyes, by the way" Admiring his own jokes, the Arashikage quickly pulled away (if not stabbed) and motioned for her to follow, they were nearly at their own departure lounge. "Nearly there" He said.

"Hmph." Sophia sneered. "Well, I guess we'd have to see who's faster then. I'd imagine you... but I don't intend on sleeping with you to find out just how fast." She turned his threat and flirtation back at him.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ronin jumped off the rooftop, landing on the shoulders of one of the muggers, he bounced off kicking the second square in the jaw. The two fell one after another. He looked at the young girl, who he had saved, as a group of gang members began to surface from the other end of the alleyway. "Get out of here." He didn't wait for her to answer, instead charging for the group.

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8417  Edited By Zain_

@house_mouse:

Zain scowled, giving Sophia a fake glare before smirking, his eyes rolled, and quickly, he swiveled on his heels, tugging at her arm as they abruptly entered the cue for security. Cautions, the teenager whispered. "Creeps, how are we gonna get you through security? With that," He nudged her, gesturing to the knife. "Want me to...You know," He looked at his palm, clenching his fists, unsure if she would get the reference to his blood bending.

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_: "Well, I figure, taking off shoes is standard security procedure. Kneel down, take off shoes, toss the knife under the table by the trays, hope no one sees it, go through the security, kneel back down to put boots back on, grab knife... airport security crisis averted." She shrugged. "I don't look very suspicious."

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8419  Edited By Zain_

@house_mouse:

"Smart" He smiled, nodding as the line finally came to an end, and he easily slipped through the X-Ray machine without hassle, and then pat one of the guards on the shoulder, one who he assumed to be looking towards the crowd, creating a diversion for the girl. "Hey, um, so what's your opinion with the world?" He kept eye contact, "You an officer when the statue of liberty was broken?"

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_: "Have to compensate for my lack of brawn somehow." She smirked. Though she would never admit it, being called smart was a compliment she took personally. Her blue eyes sparked with pride. Sophia quickly set about her plan, stooping to untie her boots taking the invisible knife into her hand and giving it a quick slide until it landed in the shadow of the extra trays. She placed her boots through the scanner before stepping into the body scan. Easy. The girl donned her boots, snatching the knife from its hiding place and restoring it to her pocket. She popped up, throwing her bag over her shoulder, and smiled at Zain. "We good?"

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8421  Edited By Zain_

@house_mouse:

Slowly backing away from the guard, a nervous chuckle escaped his lips as he scratched the back of his head, staring at the officer, having accidentally said something stupid, and to escape the conversation, he turned and greet Sophia. "Perfect" Nodding, Zain folded his arms as the two continued on, marching to the waiting area before he took a bored seat, slouching down, he sighed. "I never asked," He said, looking at Sophia with a curious gaze, "how'd you know Quintus?"

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_: Sophia shook her head at Zain's apparent awkwardness involving the guard. After a trek, she dropped down into the seat next to him, holding her pack in her lap. Her arms wrapped tightly around her bag holding her stuff. All her stuff. She turned her head with the question. "Hm? Oh, I snuck into his house and lived there for a while. Invisibly eating his food. He detected me, but seemed to be more than okay with my creeping presence. Basically saved him once." She grinned. It was a sight exaggeration. She basically served as the Lassie to his Jimmy, bringing the aid to him.

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8423  Edited By Zain_

@house_mouse:

The Martial Arts Marvel noticed Sophia's protectiveness, her hands were wrapped around of that bag like it was a throat she was trying to throttle, and it made him feel a little sorry for the girl. He'd never been afraid of the public. Smiling, he listened to her words whilst thinking how to help alleviate her anxiety. "Oh, good," He grinned, feeling safer now he knew he'd not flirted with a daughter of Quintus, God knows how protective the Knightfall was as a father, he only shuddered at the thought. "And um," Squinting, it was only now that Zain noticed the little piece of hair missing from her head, as though it had been cut off (and unknown to him, Peak had done it.) "Why are you missing that bit of your hair?" He chuckled, "Is somebody a wannabe hairdresser practicing on themselves?"

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_: "Good?" She arched a brow. "Ugh." Sophia smoothed down the bit of missing hair. "I DO cut my own hair, but that was not my work. I guess it was kind of an act of dominance by this one person who was tired of my sh*t." Somewhat embarrassed by the hair comment, she quickly started thinking of some other line of conversation, failing at small talk. "How much longer?" She scooted around in her seat with impatient irritation. She could be a very patient person when the situation was her preference. Sitting in an airport saturated with people while she was visible was... uncomfortable.

(Sorry, passed out after I got home.)

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8425  Edited By Zain_

@house_mouse: (No worries. Hope you're all good and rested now :P)

He listened to the explanation and honestly, Zain was unable to understand what she was referring to, he'd not seen her as irritating thus far and was a little unsure how anybody would have. Visibly annoyed at the thought of the attack, the Arashikage creased his brow. "Whoever done that sounds like a dick." He bluntly stated, sighing, and then looking ahead, at the clock, and down to his boarding ticket. "5 or 10 minutes?" And although Zain was unable to understand why anybody would attack her, he found it amusing, he had been said to be full of shit too, but he never knew why, he thought himself rather awesome. He noticed her anxiety once more, and looked over with a calming smile. "It's alright Sophia," He said, trying to help, "nobody'll hurt you, nobody wants to hurt you, nobody even wants to see you, we're just two teenagers sitting in a waiting area, nothing special" He shrugged, "at least, not that they know of" The warrior grinned.

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8427  Edited By Zain_

@_nobody_: There was no capital letter in that nobody, get back in your cage, kiddo :P

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_: So? There was no capital letter when you recapitulated the dialogue and I don't see anyone complaining.

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_: "Yeah, maybe he was. But he apologized after. Probably had some trauma of his own to work out." She rolled her eyes. "Broken people do sh*tty things." Sophia sighed as she looked over at Zain's smile. It was a nice smile, but hardly alleviated her anxiety. "Yeah, yeah. I know. My fear is irrational." She pursed her lips as she tried to engage in banter. Anything besides how everyone would eventually die and everything was meaningless. "You ever have braces? Your teeth look really straight."

LOL

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@house_mouse:

"No Sophia, I've never had braces, I'm just naturally that perfect" He said with a cheeky, almost endearing grin, although he was sure it would backfire and make her scowl, or laugh, or maybe give him a blank stare like a mother looking at a naughty child. Anyhow, Zain was only trying to find a way to distract Sophia. He hummed, tilting his head, and giving her a thoughtful stare. "Sooo..." He said, evident it was harder than he thought to sustain conversation with a teenager who was irrationally anxious. "Have you...Ever...Used that knife?" He raised a curious eyebrow, that was actually an interesting question.

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_: Sophia facepalmed. She saw that coming. She should have picked something else to say. Zain might as well be talking into a mirror the way he talked about himself. Always so confident, egotistical even. Except in that rare moment when he was crying about his betrayal. She tapped her foot on the floor as he spoke. "My knife. Yes." She nodded, not looking at him. "Some of my foster homes didn't make me feel safe. This thing is pretty much my security blanket. That hurts people."

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8434  Edited By Zain_

@house_mouse: Aww...I don't know why, but the knife comment made me feel sorry for Sophia, that's so sad!

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8435  Edited By House_Mouse
Peak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8436  Edited By Peak

@house_mouse: I'll post in 5-10 minutes, just recovering after that long ass KOV post :P

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8438  Edited By Zain_

@house_mouse:

He couldn't help but chuckle at her expression, finding it amusing, and then suddenly he realized asking that question was not...So smart. He was trying to make her feel safer, and less anxious, not bring back nostalgic memories about feeling in danger. Luckily the Arashikage was saved by the bell, one of the stewardesses moved out of a doorway and gestured for people to line up, ready to board. "Well don't go stabbing anyone on the plane," He joked, jumping to his feet and offering to lend her a hand up, regardless though, he was quick to get in the queue, taking out both their tickets and handing hers over. "Remember Sophia, I'll be right beside you" Smiling, the queue grew shorter and shorter, and they were moments from entering the plane, surely hell for the urban recluse.

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_: "Geez. Don't say that so loud." She glared as she stood to her feet, again refusing his hand opting instead wrap the backpack around her slender shoulders. "Yeah, yeah." She dismissed his kind words of reassurance. "Somehow the utterances of another person doesn't assuage the discomfort of the presence of humanity." Sophia was tired, and her speech was retreating into literary nonsense. Maybe she could sleep on the plane...

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8440  Edited By Zain_

@house_mouse:

Handing their tickets to the stewardesses with a thankful nod, he beckoned his head to the entrance, walking inside as the corridor into the plane was awfully thin, packed with people like knives and forks in a cupboard, until he finally entered the actual plane, large, metallic, and seats which looked less comfortable than they looked on the flight adverts. Nudging his way past numerous people, he pushed his bag into one of the overhead luggage department, and took a seat beside the window before glancing at Sophia, wondering if she wanted that seat, but the thought was quickly dispelled from his mind as a rather large fat-man took a seat behind him, and kicked his seat, sending his head flying forward and hitting the one in front, he huffed, glaring back and giving the man the evil eyes. Looking head, Zain angrily crossed his arms, and said nothing, contemplating how to revenge-prank the man during the flight.

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_: "Humans..." She huffed at the display of impropriety toward Zain. She sat down next to him, begrudgingly placing her pack under the seat. Sophia pulled her hood up over her head, her little dark safe haven in the hellish cabin.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin:

Mind if I send my assassin after Ronin? It's okay if you would prefer not.

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8443  Edited By Zain_

@house_mouse:

"Poke." He said, giving her arm a little prod. "C'mon, face your fear, show the word who's boss!" He said, squinting, and wondering if she would ever remove the hood. "The only person you gotta worry about is fatty over there," He chuckled, secretly pointing back.

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_: "Poke me, and I poke you. Harder and more fatally." She gave him a deranged look despising pokes more than any other form of contact. "And I'm quite comfortable with my hooded haven, thank you very much. If it's over my eyes, people can't tell if I'm sleeping. So they won't try anything."

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@house_mouse:

Zain rolled his eyes, but then tried to appear more sympathetic. "No ones going to try anything, and if they do," He shot her a look, "which they wont, you've got me. Sleep, if you want, I'll make sure nobody cuts anymore of your hair off." He did nearly snicker at the joke, saying "apart from me" but withheld it, joking around with a woman on the verge of a mental breakdown was not a very smart move, considering the knife.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8447  Edited By House_Mouse

@zain_: Sophia couldn't help but smile at his bit about no one cutting her hair. It was more a matter of what she said to him had value and made him want to ensure her she was safe than the fact that it made her feel safer. She didn't know the full spectrum of what he could do besides be an egotistical athlete who can make rodents dance. "I might try that." The girl slumped deeper into her seat, trying to let her mind wander to more cerebral places.

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8448  Edited By Zain_

@house_mouse: (You can time jump, or make somebody cause a fuss, or do whatever you want here)

I'm childminding a teenager. He thought, watching as the urban recluse tried to sleep. No, no, I'm a bodyguard. That sounds way cooler. It was strange for Zain, flying to Quintus, meeting Sophia, it had all come so quickly. He looked at her once more, smiling, before peering out to the window, and wondering what his old mentor had been up to. Did he really kill the President? Had be become an extremist? So many thoughts, and so many ideas, he only hoped he'd keep himself safe. He glanced back to Sophia, and her? Definitely a bodyguard. He finally thought with a little grin. Reclining back into his seat and taking out one of the on-flight safety manuals, and a pen, he'd draw some vampire teeth on people, or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin said:

Ronin jumped off the rooftop, landing on the shoulders of one of the muggers, he bounced off kicking the second square in the jaw. The two fell one after another. He looked at the young girl, who he had saved, as a group of gang members began to surface from the other end of the alleyway. "Get out of here." He didn't wait for her to answer, instead charging for the group.

"As impressive as those moves are..." said a snide voice several meters away from Ronin. As though he'd merely 'appeared' out of thin air, there was Amarth, casually watching as Ronin charged down the other gang members. "I'm afraid they'll be wasted today, rather unfortunate, really..." He said, coldly.

House_Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zain_: (Meh, I don't have any plans to do anything on the plane. Also, OMG, Zain is adorable. Hehe.)