CVnU: Mesopotamian Mythology Discussion

The_Akkadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty sure this has never been done before. I recently created this character and I am still working on the bio. I want to make him based in Mesopotamian mythology and history (mostly history). I also want to do some changes in the mythology and make it a bit different. I plan on doing this for my character, but if anyone wants to join and share some ideas, feel free to do so.

I'm not so sure how the CVnU mythology process works, but I do know that you have to open a thread about it. If I made any mistakes with this thread, please let me know.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This is a neat idea and I have thought of using some of the Zoroastrian stuff.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@the_akkadian: I'm sorta interested though since none of my characters have any involvement with the mythos, I'm not sure what I have to contribute with.

@shadowswordmaster: I'm pretty sure Zoroastrianism has very little, if anything, to do with Mesopotamian mythology though. But it is interesting all the same.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@izaiah: I know that but I was throwing out there just in case .I would be down , among other things and see if someone would try out Tiamat(I hope I spelled that right.)

The_Akkadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Akkadian

@shadowswordmaster: That can probably work.

@izaiah: Well for now we would just throw in some ideas and see what we can conclude with.

Here is an idea I came up with, though I don't know if it would be allowed. Since there has been some speculation that the Anunnaki (the gods which were worshiped in Mesopotamia) were actually an alien race that came to Earth and ruled over humans (or at least only in Mesopotamia), I thought that we can have a story like that. And then eventually the people would eventually find out that all they sought to do was enslave humanity and turn on them. What do you guys think?

Anyone else?

Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: That can probably work.

@izaiah: Well for now we would just throw in some ideas and see what we can conclude with.

Here is an idea I came up with, though I don't know if it would be allowed. Since there has been some speculation that the Anunnaki (the gods which were worshiped in Mesopotamia) were actually an alien race that came to Earth and ruled over humans (or at least only in Mesopotamia), I thought that we can have a story like that. And then eventually the people would eventually find out that all they sought to do was enslave humanity and turn on them. What do you guys think?

Anyone else?

I think this is an awesome idea. Can't contribute much though.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_akkadian: Could work. The mythological Anunnaki created humanity to be slaves, so there's some precedent. I seem to recall reading they specifically created humans to mine gold, though I can't remember if that's mythology or part of the alien conspiracy theory...

Just keep in mind not to attribute all impressive human accomplishments (like the construction of the Egyptian pyramids, to name one example) to the aliens though, since that would reflect badly on the relevant human cultures.

By the way, I have my own Egypt-centric alien mythos (albeit one I mean to revise somewhat). I imagine if both the Anunnaki and the Egyptian Pantheon are alien groups, they could be connected or at least mutually aware of eachother.

_Braveheart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@izaiah: The Akkadian here

What do you say we make a PM board and talk about it?

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm game for talking.

_Braveheart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@vrakmul: Want to join the PM discussion?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1