Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

@maximus_newcastle: If done right, but I was talking about Max and Ash. You and Sha always do some of your best work when you write them

Avatar image for maximus_newcastle
Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: What can I say I'm a lover not a writer fighter.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maximus_newcastle: LOL. I would have some form of witty response if I wasn't in such pain D:

Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maximus_newcastle: It's getting better, I'm just still v uncomfortable. Gonna be so worth it in the end, though

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@mercy_ said:

@maximus_newcastle: It's getting better, I'm just still v uncomfortable. Gonna be so worth it in the end, though

That is the spirit and I have a weird question have we rp together at all ?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: No problem just glad your getting better and that is what I thought too but I had to ask.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Maybe we should Rp sometime when you get better and don't have a lot of things to do .

Nevermore_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Previously the brilliant and surprisingly generous Santiago had given the new aged sentient a place of residence. Somewhere to call her own as she adapted to this world. As the place of residence belonged to Santi it was quite likely Evie could have visitors. People going to the penthouse in hopes of potential visitation. For now however the violet haired anomaly simply sat in a cozy chair tampering with a computer. As Evie had gone about her business through the day she uncovered facts primarily through observation and assessment of date seized through a talent of mechanical communication. Now with a computer in her hands she was better able to access this world she inhabited.

Effort was placed to attempt to grant Evie with understanding of the conflicts of the mortal world. Primarily that of the ongoing struggle with those gifted with powers and the average populace. She found it disgusting to attempt to even fathom. The wars for land and wealth all made sense to her she could comprehend the why for such atrocities. Concept of racism particularly to those with power to brighten the world of tomorrow confused her. And do to the suggestion of being something 'special' Evie began to believe it was her task to attempt to help.

Black Solace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maximus_newcastle: I promised you a post , but for personal reasons I just can't muster one right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Solace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maximus_newcastle:

Ashley’s eyes turned toward the buildings, her disbelief begin to manifest in a series of falsetto “Na uh’s”. The intricate patterns of her veins begin to show, as she quivered in disbelief, it was quickly followed by a period of complete silence; at least on Ashley’s part. “A-Are you sure you want to marry…” her last word disappeared in a cloak of emotion. Her face quickly begin to swell up with visible red patches, fanning herself she allowed herself to calm down before turning toward Max, as stable as she could possibly make herself.

“Yes.” She shook her head, but the word once again got lost in a whirlpool of ecstatic emotion. “I’ll be Ms. Ashley Newcastle” She smiled, planting a kiss on her husband to be.

Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_solace said:

@maximus_newcastle:

Ashley’s eyes turned toward the buildings, her disbelief begin to manifest in a series of falsetto “Na uh’s”. The intricate patterns of her veins begin to show, as she quivered in disbelief, it was quickly followed by a period of complete silence; at least on Ashley’s part. “A-Are you sure you want to marry…” her last word disappeared in a cloak of emotion. Her face quickly begin to swell up with visible red patches, fanning herself she allowed herself to calm down before turning toward Max, as stable as she could possibly make herself.

“Yes.” She shook her head, but the word once again got lost in a whirlpool of ecstatic emotion. “I’ll be Mrs. Ashley Newcastle” She smiled, planting a kiss on her husband to be.

Wedding gonna go so hard they gonna sticky that sh7t
Wedding gonna go so hard they gonna sticky that sh7t

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada

The Paragon of perfection perused the messages on the sleek black custom iPhone 5s sitting before her. She had slipped into one of the back booths of her favorite hole in the wall restaurant, following a request from Santiago to meet. They both had things to discuss, but Lena couldn't help but muse as to what the nuanced genius had managed to rummage up this time.

She had eschewed her usual high glamour for something more casual and befitting both of the locale and the time of year. Black laced shorts allowed her long tanned legs to garner the attention they deserved as the simple grey v-neck molded to sumptuous curves, revealing a peek of her cleavage.

Golden brown hair was piled in a casually chic bun atop her head, bangs framing her eyes and drawing attention to the warmly hued golden irises. She looked like a summer goddess, come down from atop her mountain to spend time with those of the Earth, and every ounce of her body language indicated that she knew it.

Her phone vibrated silently as she cast a hooded gaze around the room, immediately taking in and psychologically profiling everybody within her line of sight. Sighing gently, Lena slid a finger across the screen and brought the phone up to her ear. "Ms. Dante here."

"Ms. Dante," the voice on the other side of the line was tenuous and wary. "We've run into a problem."

"Well that is my line of work, please try and be more specific."

"One of our minor employees, somebody we've contracted out to, has been picked up by their local police and he is being held on domestic abuse charges. We've been told not to issue a statement and have not yet provided a lawyer, we need to know how to proceed."

She tapped her fingers against the cup that held her sweetened iced tea, anger roiling in her stomach. Avalon was more than precise about its hiring practices, but every now and then a bad fish slipped through in some manner. Lena's job was to protect the company, protect Antonia, protect Santi and to protect the mission. Her job was not to protect scumbags.

"I appreciate you running this up the pole to me, Jacob." It was well known the tight ship that she ran regarding press and what was released to them. Several had been privy to an ice cold quiet lashing from the lauded Lena Dante, and nothing was more frightening than her quiet irritation, anger and disappointment, for nothing could cut deeper.

"Disavow him. Sever the contracts, cut the ties. We're providing no lawyer or assistance. I'll arrange a press release. In the meantime, arrange for a hefty donation to that area's local battered women shelters. Arrange for a sizable sum for the battered partner, make sure she's safe until I'm able to be on scene." Giving her marching orders, she hung up.

There was no visible change in her demeanor aside from the slight jet to her perfectly sculpted jaw. Grasping the straw of her drink, she brought it to light pink lips and took a hearty sip. Casting a bemused glance towards the door, of which she had a perfect vantage point from her shadowed back corner, Lena caught a glance of Santi Porthos' arrival.

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1770  Edited By ia_espada

@lena_dante:

With Antonia transposing the majority of Avalon's fate into both his and Lena's hands, the vaunted Black Viper was in possession of every reasonable incentive to seek out the company's greatest ever legal representative. He however, intended to speak with the renown Dante for an entirely different reason, at least primarily. The restaurant wasn't one of his preferred establishments, though he understood Lena's fondness for the location and cleverly employed the goodwill that setting their meeting in a location that imparted his acquaintance only with positive sentiments. Nonchalantly swaggering into the establishment, Santiago as has become routine, cut the figure of a dapper gentleman without parallel.

Constituting his visually engrossing Ermenegildo Zegna ensemble was a pure cotton dress shirt emblazed by pale blue and white stripes that cultivated an effortless, smart panache that complimented his overall cosmopolitan appeal. Characterized by a contrasting color under-collar and inner cuffs, a pair of beige, flat front trousers and cardigan of sartorial charm came together with the impeccable flair of his dark blue, august suede derby shoes, and the gold appliqué of a stylish Hermes belt. Pausing several footsteps into the restaurant, a subtle turn of the head to the right and he had spotted her. A partially entertained smirk bedecking his highborn features as sapphire blue eyes peered through the dark lenses of his vintage, gold-rimmed Cartier Cabochon sunglasses, settling their enrapturing, viper-like gaze on Lena Dante's urbanely seated frame. "Such an isolated soul", he whispered to himself in jest of Lena's selected table.

Guiding himself towards the woman with whom he had once degraded the public image of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the United States' former president in what had now become an iconic verbal disparagement by an unstoppable duo of silver tongued juggernauts, every footstep and every minute mannerism of the Madridista dripped with winning charisma and winsome bewitchery as he coolly slid the premier sunglasses from his features, tucking them comfortably into his pant's left pocket. "Ms. Dante", the smooth notes of his voice began as he issued a civil inclination of the head, "I'm pleased you could make it", the disarming, exotic qualities of his Spanish accent rolled with every word, "We have much to discuss". Seating himself across her and quickly ordering a glass of Portugal's favorite red wine, Monte Velho and a delectable fruit salad, he began.

Cordially meeting Lena's eyes and flashing a personable smile, Santiago touched on why he had requested her specifically. "There are actually two reasons I asked to meet you here. Tis no secret that I tend to live a rather dangerous lifestyle, it's the price to be paid for living life on the edge", a nonchalant shrug of the shoulders and he resumed, "But there is one prominent constant, one defining aspect of my life that I cannot afford to treat with the same insouciance I do with most things. My daughter, Yana. In the case that I perish somehow, if someone ever manages the feat", he lightly chuckles at his subtle jest, "I want you to be my daughter's legal guardian. I've known you long enough to trust you, and you're nicer to children than Antonia is, so I thought, why not?".

"Whether or not you accept is of no matter, I've amassed enough options to be comfortable with any decision you make", he teased with a knowing smirk. "Speaking of Antonia, she is the second reason why I called you here".

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1771 Zauberin  Moderator
ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada:

Lena daintily chewed the crisp romaine leaves of her own Caesar salad, mentally weighing his words. Turning her gaze up from casually studying her salad to almost intently studying the winsome features of Santi Porthos, she nodded her head in assent before speaking, knowing full well what she was taking on, and knowing full well that it would take the devil and all his minions to drag Santi from this world. "I would be honored to, in the unlikely event of your demise, take your daughter into my care."

For most agreeing to such an undertaking, to essentially becoming a parent, would be a weighty and difficult decision. However for Lena Dante, it was nothing of the sort. She knew who she was, she knew what she was, and she had all the means and guile necessary to raise a child by herself if needed. And she knew full well that should the unthinkable ever come to pass, raising Yana Porthos would be no easy task. But nothing rewarding ever was easy.

Sliding the fork into her mouth once again, Lena cast a casual glance around the room, subtly assuring that there were none within earshot. Previous to their tête-à-tête, she'd had the building cleaned for bugs, knowing that at least one topic of this conversation would prove serious.

Lena arched an eyebrow and broadcasted her ample curiosity regarding their mutual employer, a gesture that was devised and carried out as opposed to instinctual reaction. It seemed that even in the company of Santi old habits had a hard time falling to the side. She was always in control of herself, and always in control of the perception of her. What you saw of Lena Dante was exactly what she wanted you to see, wanted you to think. Nothing more, nothing less.

"What's going on with our dear Antonia?" If there was one person in the world who was able to wholly keep information from Lena's clutches until the time that they wished it to be released, that person was Antonia, and she'd be lying if she said that her curiosity was not genuinely raised.

Casually looking down at the newest text message on her phone, Lena hit the lock screen and looked back up to Santi, an inherently intriguing expression on her face. "Oh, and while I have you here, there's a new endeavor that I'm undertaking that I should inform you of."

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1774  Edited By ia_espada
Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lena_dante:

It was rather heartwarming for Lena to so readily accept the responsibility of raising his daughter in the event of his untimely death, considering the sheer laboriousness of the task. Yana was no facile child, her spirit was not one that could be tamed, it veiled the calculating, analytical nature of an apex predator behind a disarming persona of overpowering sweetness and infantile innocence. "I appreciate your willingness, Lena", audible sincerity laced his voice, "Although I should inform you, that my daughter will be difficult at first. She's a polite child though has a fondness to do whatever she pleases when not being watched by someone she respects. Earning her respect will subsequently earn you her affection", and truth be told, Santiago knew no person other than himself that his daughter respected.

Perhaps the only exception was Merlin, with whom his beloved Yana shared a tenderhearted bond. "Again, thank you", a quiet smile of genuine gratitude curled to meet the perpetually elfin gaze of Avalon's finest legal representative. Addressing the other prioritized topic of Antonia, Santiago tersely shifted his eyes towards the neighboring window, peering outside to taciturnly observe the robotic movements of wandering pedestrians, "Well", he began, returning his attention to his dear acquaintance, "As she may have informed you, she intends to leave Avalon in favor of... well, I'm sure she told you", he subtly shrugged, "In any case, you know that she left the responsibility of overseeing Avalon's activities to both of us, at least until her successor ascends to the throne so to speak", Santiago paused, meeting the arrival of his glass of Monte Velho red wine and the delectable fruit salad with a quick wink of personable charisma in the waiter's direction.

"Naturally, I'm here to discuss the new terms of our joint-ownership. I'm not asking for much, only to be the leading figure in every scientific department while you cater to the less... fascinating branches", a harmlessly taunting smirk curled following his engaging quip. "Unless of course, your interests are as nerdy as mine", he jested, "Although to be frank, bella, I don't consider myself one at all. Simply a man with a mind of overpowering beauty with paralleling good genes", he laughed with evident self-amusement. Soon curiosity crept into his comely features, "A new endeavor? Please Ms. Dante, elaborate".

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada:

The corners of Lena's lips curled into a mischievous grin at the description of Yana Porthos. It was nothing less than exactly what she had expected. The naturally charming nature of Santi combined with his more manipulative and scheming aspects, aspects that Lena knew far too well due to their partnership. The daughter of Santi Porthos would be one of the most dangerous people alive, in any aspect. "I'd like to meet her soon." Regardless of whether or not a guardianship ever became a necessity, Lena still found herself with the urge to form a bond with this young girl.

"I've heard." Lena surveyed Santi with subtle closeness as she sipped her own wine, watching for particular tics and motions that would reveal what feelings he had considering the newest development. It was no secret to Lena that he harbored interest in Antonia, and truth be told, she had always felt that the two would be good for each other. It was her policy not to comment on such, and she refrained from doing so now, but it was also her belief that at times Santi's stoic professionalism hindered his enjoyment.

"Now, now, Santi." Lena playfully wagged a finger in his direction while tilting her head slightly to the side, an amused smile on her face. "My branches have fascination of their own. Toying with the psyche, painting the way that we are received, dealing with the dirty little messes that nobody will touch. There's a fascination, an interest, a science and an art in the manipulation of the human mind and the public perception. You know as well as I that it's all about calculating how willfully blind a person is going to be, and then exploiting that."

Bringing the glass to her lips, Lena allowed the deep flavors the wine to linger on her tongue before continuing the conversation. "I'm amenable to those terms, clearly. You retain your branches, I retain mine. Oh, and for what it's worth, you're one of the biggest nerds I've ever had the pleasure of stumbling across." Her golden eyes sparkled as she launched the statement in his direction, for truly never in her life had she met somebody so taken with science and its applications.

She was very careful not to shift the cadence of her voice, the ling of her body language or the expression on her face. If anybody were watching, there would be no discernible difference in the paragon of perfection as she effortlessly navigated conversational topics. "I want to remove the President of the United States." It was a goal that was leveled with unnerving calmness.

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1778  Edited By ia_espada

@lena_dante:

"You will in due time. Be sure to have some form of technology that repels telepathy when you do, because if she finds whatever it is she'll be doing at the time to be more interesting than you, she will attempt to take over your mind to make you more entertaining", Santiago paused, an impish smirk festooning his suave features, "Or at least that's what she says when she attempts to justify her actions". At the tender age of seven, Yana was armed with a deceivingly intimate knowledge of quantum mechanics and prodigious talent in her unorthodox form of telepathy. Coupled with her dexterous ability to exploit the radiant sweetness of her visage to disarm and manipulate her targets however she saw fit, she was already one of the globe's most dangerous individuals.

Her playful justification of her profound interest in the field of psychology and it's ability to enable her to manipulate the human mind, as well as her subsequent jab regarding his well documented obsession with scientific knowledge elicited a terse but wittily sniping response from the Black Viper. "True, though while your field grants you the preternatural ability to toy with the human mind, mine guides me on a path that will allow me to construct the gun that kills God", a statement made in jest of course, though the deliberate haughtiness with which he conveyed his words may be misleading to the ordinary mind. "You do?", he inquired, a smile of devilish contentment growing to meet the revelation of her intention to impeach President Clarice Michelle Pierce. "Well then, consider me a willing collaborator, bella".

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada: I'll get this soon, taking a break for a little bit, not feeling that well

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Loving this

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada:

"Oh, she is most certainly your daughter, isn't she?" A healthy dose of mischievousness and perhaps too much intelligence and sly cunning for anybody else's own good. Sounded very much like what Lena would have envisioned a daughter of Santi Porthos. "A true handful, in the best of ways." There was a slight gleam of something approaching affection in Lena's eyes as she returned for another sip of the decadent wine, a nuance of gesture that she allowed through in the moment.

Raising her glass in his direction as a testament to his witty repartee, Lena continued. "Mmm, but my field would also grant me the ability to wield that gun through the hands of whomsoever I choose. Make a man want to kill their god, beg to, and have them thanking me for the opportunity afterwards" Lena Dante had the ability to convince a person to damn themselves to hell, and thank her for it afterwards.

"I do, I do." Crossing one leg over the other under the table, she casually leaned a forearm beside her salad, giving off the appearance to all of nothing more than the most casual of lunch meetings between two colleagues. "I have several leads that I want to follow involving close family members but...she cannot remain in the position of power that she is in." Golden eyes brightened at the notion of the dangers that would stand before them. Lena loved nothing more than she loved something that tested and challenged her skills, finding herself easily slipping into patterns of manipulation and ease. Controlling situations had become second nature to her, and while that was a valuable asset in her chosen field, it became...monotonous. This would serve the purpose of ridding the world of a true evil and livening up her life, something that was much needed.

"I could ask for no better collaborator than yourself, Mr. Porthos."

@shanana said:

Loving this

Thank you <3 It's nice to get back into Lena

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lena_dante:

"Hm, of course", a relaxed laugh conveying his entertained disposition with respect to her remark escaped his dapper frame, "It would be awkward if she weren't my daughter, bella", Santiago reasoned, half-jesting prior to indulging in a sip of Monte Velho. Bringing the glass of premier Portuguese red wine to his lips, the flavors of Alentejo grapes titillated his taste buds as he remained relatively attentive to Lena's words, taking in her quipping comments regarding the benefits of academic intimacy with the field of psychology. Coolly resting his glass atop the table, the corners of his lips edged upwards in a taciturn smirk of mild amusement, though he spoke no word. Instead, he diverted his attention towards the bowl of fruit salad before him.

Immersing himself in it's ambrosial qualities and the saccharine flirtation of the dish's syrup, the Black Viper approached their conversational exchange with carefree insouciance, a swaggering nonchalance that exuded his engrossing brand of charismatic haughtiness. Conducting himself with gentlemanly manners, he spoke only after so clearly enjoying his early desert and beverage. "Oh, que lindo"(Oh, how cute), a sportive upwards curl festooning the corners of his mouth as he subtly tilted his head to the side in a wordless jab, "Well, hopefully your field can take you to the control room of the universe", space-time geometry, "With your penchant for manipulation, I'd imagine you'd very much like to experience the rush of having the universe's fundamental physical constants at your fingertips to do with as you please. Tis quite exhilarating, I should know", he winked with cocky dynamism.

"Speaking of collaborators, Ms. Dante, there is one that I have been meaning to introduce you to. She too intends to impeach President Pierce. In fact, she's been hoping to speak with you. She's the unmentioned reason for why I requested you here", Santiago paused, "That and to say that you've been looking lovely lately", the Spaniard remarked, cheekily dallying in casual flirtation. With a quickly transmitted text message, the mystery woman's ingress was inevitable. "She should be here soon".

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1784  Edited By _Atomikill_

"As you can see, Mr. Bastion, we cannot fund your idea for a corporation, at the moment." A wealthy, fat businessman said, as he wiped some crumbs from his chin. The calm, collected man sitting across from him nodded carefully as he took his last bite of steak. His snow-white suit was stainless- he had made sure of that- and his silvery blonde hair flew in the wind.

"Alright then. I assume you'll take the bill." Thomas Bastion said, as he swiftly stood up, adjusting his jacket. Turning to the door, he walked away without a word as he accepted his rejection. Thomas was in the market for owning a market- a business that sold atomic energy all across America. Of course this was stressful work to be had- and, as he waved his fingers to alter gravity, he sighed dully. Knowing fully well that he just made the tie around the fat man's neck tighten, choking him to the brink of death as he pounded the table in agony.

When the man passed out, he loosened the tie. Just another day. As he walked out of the steakhouse they'd eaten, he looked up. Oh boo. It was going to rain soon. Better hail a cab... Adjusting his suit so that the adamantium plating under it was comfortable, he walked toward the end of the street, searching for a taxi.

@the_puzzler

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_:

And a taxi he would find, one swerving around the corner and driving wildly. The horn blared multiple times as it finally screeched to a halt right in front of the human. The inside was totally dark, what with the night casting a shadow inside the cab, only a few chuckles and whispered could be heard.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler:

Distastefully, Thomas opened the door in the back smoothly, getting in and sighing, "Take me to a hotel, please." He said- the wealthy man had only just gotten into LA earlier that day.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_:

"Hotel California? Got it boss!" The driver mumbled in a scratchy voice, his caby capped head was barely visible as for how short he was. In the passenger seat up front was a dead man, clearly pale as a ghost and bleeding from all the claw wounds on his body, it was the actual cab driver.

Without warning, the cab screeched and sped off, easily going a hundred over the speed limit while avoiding cars by an inch. "Ya live in the city of angels monkey?"

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler:

With a lurch of his stomach, Thomas felt the cab take off at incredible speed. Eyeing the dead man carefully, he spoke. "No... just visiting." He raised his hand and aimed it toward the road in front of him, while pressing a small button on his adamantium chestplate. Narrowing his eyes, he felt the adamantium slide out and cover his entire body, while using his control over gravity to raise the road in front of the car- which, if done to his preference, would completely stop the car with a huge crash- making him, nearly unscathed, and the person who he'd only assume was the murderer would be sent flying through the window.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_:

With a terrible screech from both the car and it's driver, the shadow Imp went rocketing out the window violently into the night. The car was still, now in some dark ghetto street with no signs of life anywhere...Then came the chuckles and whispers again outside of the car, in the dark.

Madridista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lena_dante: @la_espada:

It struck her as partially amusing that an encounter between her father and Lena Dante that was incipiently motivated by his desire to ensure her younger counterpart's future would eventually feature her as talks of impeaching the United States President, Clarice Michelle Pierce, had commenced. Making her ingress as foretold by Santiago, Yana set foot inside the modest restaurant. The informality of the meeting allowed her to don more casual garnishments as opposed to the fashionable panache flaunted by Emporio Armani womenswear or Chanel, what have you. Her long hair which was usually a mesmeric waterfall of liquid gold was styled as a relaxed, loose ponytail. Her radiant, sweet features were unblemished by the touch of cosmetic products, allowing her natural beauty to emerge without disruption.

Succinctly, her crystal blue eyes surveyed her encompassment, analyzing the restaurant's visage with partial nonchalance prior to catching sight of both Santiago and Lena engaged in conversation, a diverted grin decorating her countenance. Guiding herself towards their table, her every footstep, her subtle, unconscious mannerisms dripped with socially engrossing elegance and buoyant haughtiness, reminiscent of Santiago, her father's own brand of cocky swagger and enrapturing style. Culminating her sashay with a pause a foot before their table, her hands rested upon her hips as she greeted them both, first flashing an amicable smile in her father's direction, "Santiago", she began, coolly diverting her attention to Lena, her personable smile remaining, "Be polite and introduce me to your friend", she lightly jabbed.

There was an element of secrecy with which the two would have to conduct their relationship in the present. Neither were comfortable with informing anyone that she was his daughter, Yana, come from the future to right prominent wrongs in the past. "Hm, of course", a jocose chuckle escaped her father's perpetually dapper frame as he met Lena's gaze with an affable smile, "This is my trusted friend and the collaborator I just mentioned, Camilla Fraga". She was exceptionally tall, six feet in height and blessed with an athletic sculpt boasting physical perfection, it was a facile task boldly instructing one of the neighboring waiters to bring an additional chair for her, after all who would dare draw her ire? Urbanely seating herself on the brought chair, the Golden Lotus began, meeting Lena's eyes with her own.

"So Santiago tells me that you're the best person to speak to should I need information on anything", she continued, "And that you're the perfect serpent we need to impeach President Pierce", Yana paused, an almost knowing flippancy mildly curling her tame smile, she knew all of this course. She was more than familiar with Lena, though in the present, her younger self had yet to truly meet Avalon's greatest ever legal representative. "Color me intrigued, Lena Dante".

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler:

As the imp went crashing through the window, Atomikill felt himself being violently tossed into the seat in front of him, holding on for dear life as he looked outside. The airbags suddenly exploded, and with a grunt and grumble he managed to punch holes in them so they wouldn't be a hassle. Muttering something about stupid car designs, he warily got out of the taxi- listening in on the night chuckles and whispers.

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada: @madridista

"One has to look their finest to even begin to compare to the dapper style that one, Santi Porthos brings to the table." Her easily flirtatious response was measured as she bestowed him with a saucy wink - as was every flirtatious gesture the two had imparted upon one another. Lena was...entangled with somebody, and both she and Santi had policies against fraternization with co-workers. But one would have to be dead or batting for an entirely different team in order to not react to Santi Porthos's almost aggressively charming nature.

Curious intrigue lay heavily within the perfectionist, masked as she turned to grace Camilla with a dazzling smile. There was something that pulled at the edges of her mind, almost akin to a word on the tip of her tongue that she simply could not find. But that was a distraction best put away for later times.

Lena Dante was not a tall woman, but she had a personality that filled a room and a persona that commanded the attention of all eyes in the vicinity when she so chose. But here, in the presence before this golden goddess, for the first time in a very long time, she felt...small. It was a feeling that filled her with an impressed respect, as she immediately began compiling a mental profile on Santi's - and now her's - co-collaborator.

"Ms. Fraga, it's a pleasure to meet you." Eyes met and Lena smiled that curious smile that curled up one corner of her mouth slightly moreso than the other.

They were discussing a treasonous topic, the level of trust needed to be impenetrable, and it was a testament to Santi and the relationship and bond he shared with Lena that she took no further precautions than the myriad already set in place, and did nothing to question the moral fiber of their newest inclusion.

"Well if Santiago is bestowing praise upon somebody then it must be true," she jokingly quipped, the truth of those words hidden. "It's my intention to sort through the President's sordid past and isolate her psychological profile and from there, manufacture a plan of action to take her apart piece by piece whilst revealing to the public the true nature of who and what she is....and what she has done." Lena had suspicious upon suspicious upon suspicions. None of this felt right to her, and she had taken it upon herself to right such an abhorrent wrong.

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madridista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada: @lena_dante:

Lena's assertion of the validity of Santiago's praise of anyone other than himself was not unlike a fundamental truth of the universe. After all, his own daughter can attest to that, how often did the vaunted Black Viper praise others in favor of not stroke his own ego? It was a spectacle to behold, a rarity of nature it seemed. Piling on the Lena's harmless jest, the corners of the Black Lotus' lips edged upwards in a smile of elfin mischief, "And if Santiago is praising anyone not named Antonia Dain, it's a once in a generation event", she softly chuckled, "Isn't that right my smitten little Viper?", succinctly pinching the Spaniard's left cheek with playful affection. After all how could she not? Rarely is a daughter ever in a position to so sportively emasculate her father without being subjected to the consequences. Such a position was bound to be ceaselessly exploited by the Spaniard's golden girl.

Meeting Santiago's partially amused smile and subtle shake of the head with a dynamically taunting wink, Yana refocused her attention on the greatest legal juggernaut in documented history, paying necessary attention to every word that escaped her lips, expressing her genuine intrigue and attentiveness with an occasional nod. "Okay, I believe I have something that may be of contribution", she began, "I've never met the woman, nor am I particularly enthused by the prospect of a potential encounter but from mine and Santi's own observations, we've managed to construct something of a psychological profile on President Pierce". Continuing, Yana detailed the intricacies of what she and Santiago believed to be some of the psychological nuances that constitute the peculiar Clarice Michelle Pierce character. "There are two things we know about this woman, and one is that she's a politician, obviously", she paused, "And second, she's a sociopath".

"And what do the two have in common? They both want power. A sociopath is like a psychopath. Though they have their differences. A psychopath is entirely incapable of empathetic recognition and they're unable to understand fear, and above all else, they're prone to fits of rage at the smallest disrespect and whatever it is they perceive to be a slight", she continued, "Whereas a sociopath is far tamer. They're not as emotionally broken, but they share a common trait with the psychopath in that they can be charming or magnetic. President Pierce's ability to enamor such a large portion of the American public is a testament to that", or to her reality altering abilities.

"In any case, it all comes back to power. She wants power. At all costs. If we can orchestrate an event of some kind that will force her to choose power, something like immortality, over the well-being of her country, then game set match. We give the bitch what she thinks she's acquired, only to reveal to the nation that loves her so dearly that she sold them out in favor of her own, selfish goals", she smiled devilishly.

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1795  Edited By Lena_Dante

@madridista:

"Ohhhh," Lena drew out the word as her lips formed a bemused 'o', which transferred quickly into a genuinely gleeful grin. This woman was very quickly growing on her, for she had seen nobody treat Santiago with the casual levity and teasing that was being thrown his way, aside from perhaps herself. It brought her opinion of 'Camilla' up several leaps and bounds, something that was hard to attain. Shifting her body slightly, she adjusted her body language, turning her attention strictly to the bemusing Fraga and almost shutting Santi out, as if the following were a private conversation between the two women as opposed to one taking place directly in front of Santiago.

"You're a good one, I like you." Rarely, if ever did Lena give such a straight opinion on a person, usually preferring to leave them unsure and unsteady.

"Hmmmm." Lena took a small sip of the sweetened ice tea before her as Yana. "It's an astute profile, although I can't say that I'm surprised by that, considering the wealth of knowledge and expertise that the two of you apparently have. From here, it's not difficult to form a plan of attack, and a plan of further research. I want to dig into the deepest darkest chasms of her past, and I want to find exactly what it is that will break her, and make her additionally worthless to the world."

Lena was charming. She was bright and occasionally sunny and almost always delightful. But she was a viper as much as Santi, her methods were just more...subtle. She was not a juggernaut in physical combat, but when it came to the world of the mental playing field and psychological war games, she was unparalleled. And it was in moments like this that nature slipped through, albeit briefly.

She was altruistic, and genuinely good, but there was a streak that ran deep through her that allowed her to do what was necessary for others to function in their positions as paragons and heroes.

"I'll set this off with a trip to Venezuela. My plane leaves later today."

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madridista: @lena_dante:

She was twenty two. Though he was her father, the universal figure of absolute authority in her life, he couldn't assert that verbally for a variety of reasons. Firstly, she was an adult, and secondly, it would compromise the secrecy they've worked to cultivate with respect to her identity as the time-displaced, future counterpart of his seven year old offspring, Yana Porthos. And so, the Black Viper issued no verbal retort in response to the Golden Lotus' playful taunt regarding his sincere affection for Antonia Dain, no instead he remained mute, his lips suavely edging upwards in a smirk of rapturous haughtiness, his aura of overall flippancy further aggrandizing his choice to entirely ignore Lena's presence with quipping cockiness as his sapphire gaze met Yana's.

Subtly tilting his head to the side, his mesmeric, azure eyes quietly shimmered with Santiago's iconic, sharp, viper-like edge, the aura of an apex predator, nay, thee apex predator projecting itself, and doing what only a father can do their child, instill discipline and respect without assistance from a single word. The taciturn exchange consumed no more than a second or two, though it was telling. That as spirited, powerful, and unyielding as she may be, the cub always shrunk before even the quickest of the lion's glances, and that there lived only a single soul that Yana had ever, and will ever respect, her father. Returning his attention to their treasonous discussion, Santiago offered his input, "I collected the evidence though the psychological profile was constructed entirely by Camilla. She should be of particular use to you in your following endeavors, bella".

"As for your trip to Venezuela, you should take Camilla with you. We work as a team, no? And what better way to express our propensity to work as a unit than to have you two do all the work and make me look good?", a tame laugh following his engrossing, verbal snipe, garnering an amused roll of the eyes and entertained grin from the towering Golden Lotus. Urbanely rising from his seat, the Spaniard casts a quick wink in both women's direction, "I will see you both soon". His departure enabling both women to talk over their impending excursion to Venezuela.

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1800  Edited By _Nobody_

@nevermore_

No Caption Provided

The night was quiescent. He had traveled to Los Angeles to broaden horizons, get more famous and actually commencing to spread peace betwixt species. But, so far, barely did the media note him. A freak that viciously transformed into an arachnid abomination and chewed through ribcages. He crawled toward the top of an edifice with enviable accuracy and a cocky grin plastered over his face whilst whistling Highway to Hell's tune. "Damn, this couldn't get any less boring. I simply hate these warm nights when criminals are too busy sleeping instead of getting their asses kicked by me." Both knees flexed, he simply halted amid a wall and kept admiring the view, which was, indeed, a delightful one. His weary eyes taunted him, images of a soft bed and even softer pillow flash. It was a ridiculously mute night period, the patrol was composed of a few swings and no crime fighting. The lonesome life of a vigilante wasn't one of the best. "So... In the city, the sleepy city, the spider dies of boredom tonight. Iiiiiiiiiiiinnnn the city, the boring city, the spider will soon fall asleep toniiiiightttt." He started singing, a cacophony at his own years, but on purpose. Barely did he know he wasn't the only one awake.