This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically I'd like to make the Holy See and Roman Curia (minus the Pope, for now) evil and anti-mutant, alien, and anything they deem unholy. Hypocritically there would be certain powers, beings, and abilities, that they ignore and pass off as divine in nature.

Objections? Ideas? Interest? etc...

#2 Posted by Galactic_Man (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Not exactly in thinking mode as of now, but great idea :P

#3 Posted by Darkchild (41015 posts) - - Show Bio

omg omg I made a character that would be perfect for this. Atticus Blair. Also if this happens u know Ginju would be there too. Always did love religious nut jobs in books and comics. Real Life they piss me off, but in stories there awesome

#4 Edited by Grumpy_Cat (12 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Darkchild (41015 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Atticus has the ability to will people into believing his words, bringing more into the fold muahaha rule the world via religion...huh were becoming the REAL WORLD

#7 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8784 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this going to include the Knightfall/Slay references to templar stuff?

#8 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8784 posts) - - Show Bio

@quintus_knightfall: I am not sure Canonly the church being anti everything but baseline makes sorta sence (hinted as much in some Slay stuff). But as you well know writing back history for me doesn't really get done lol.

#10 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall: Anti-Everything isnt a major concern for me, that can go. I just need a large group of the inner circle to be evil. Anything else can be trimmed right off.

#11 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8784 posts) - - Show Bio

@quintus_knightfall: Fair point, i just hinted that the heads of the church where very spitefull vengefull people and Slays where essientailly their attacks dogs

#12 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall: I'll check back in tomorrow and see if anyone else has chimed in and then I'll make a pm. Break down my idea and we'll fit it around what you've already established. Sound good?

#13 Edited by Auralaria (479 posts) - - Show Bio

That sounds pretty awesome.

#14 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8784 posts) - - Show Bio

@quintus_knightfall: Sure man, i haven't established that much so i will see if i can chase it up.

#15 Edited by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall: I'll check back in tomorrow and see if anyone else has chimed in and then I'll make a pm. Break down my idea and we'll fit it around what you've already established. Sound good?

I'd like in on that :)

#16 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@quintus_knightfall: Sure, so long their angels/demons are on par with every other pantheon

They gun be bad/good/neutral?

#19 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (15590 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster: Thats along the lines of what I was thinking, maybe not a rouge affiliation but rouge in terms of agenda and ideals.

@nerx:

Wasnt going to touch the Angels/Demons pantheon. Its more about a group working for the Vatican but first I need clearance to make the Vatican badguys. Or at least enough of them as to execute certain agendas.

#21 Edited by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss the OSC from way back when. My second team :') <3

#22 Edited by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

Yeah that was a fun team. I miss Arrow and Red lol

#23 Posted by Auralaria (479 posts) - - Show Bio

They have been pretty corrupt in the past. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch, I think.

#24 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

Yeah that was a fun team. I miss Arrow and Red lol

That vampire RPG we had that led into the Arthurian one...that was one of my fav rpg's ever. Cass was borderline psycho in it, I remember writing that torture scene. I'd be mroe than happy doing a redux, but it just wouldn't have the same feel.

They're off in Aussie busy having a real life and raising a kid. Sigh.

#26 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: hahah dont romanticize it. They're in a place where death owns land, sea, and air.

@nerx:

Sometimes your mind goes places I just cant follow.

They have been pretty corrupt in the past. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch, I think.

Thats what I was thinking too.

#27 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio

@quintus_knightfall: It's not romanticizing it to simply state a fact, dear :P Your record on trying to correct me isn't very good tonight.

#28 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5082 posts) - - Show Bio

This can work, I like!

#30 Edited by AmazingAngel (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, Let's see how this plays out.

#31 Posted by Izaiah (5216 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret conspiracies in the Vatican I don't mind, though I'm not overly fond of the anti-mutant/alien/etc angle. Partially, this is because of my mental image of Savant (Izaiah's father, who is a good-aligned alien) as a Roman Catholic convert.

#32 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

We need more anders type terrorism from them

#33 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the feed back :) going to be doing something else though. Forgot how many characters were tied to the Vatican.