CVnU: I Invite You to Discuss (The Roman Ninth Legion) Mythology

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Urban_Ronin

I'd like to incorporate the fable of the Ninth Legion into this characters backstory. Actually I'd like to create a fictional account of what happened after they supposedly disappeared and were presumed massacred. I dont actually want to alter anything Pre-Disapearnce (so I may not even need this....). Historically accounts of what exactly happened varies with little to no substantial evidence. So I'm going to make a fictional story. So I invite anyone who wants to be involved or worried it may effect some canonical Roman history they've already established to a PM. If not then I'll just go ahead and do what I do :)

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kratesis
The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_House_of_L

@Kratesis: Is that anyway to talk to ur future husband :D

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kratesis

@Mr_LeBeau: The honeymoon is over before it even started O.O

Avatar image for emilie_aensland
Emilie_Aensland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Emilie_Aensland

@Kratesis said:

@Mr_LeBeau: The honeymoon is over before it even started O.O

I still gots luv for ya

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

I would... but honestly I have no idea what the heck the Ninth Legion is lol

FanofUltraman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FanofUltraman

Most likely their records were lost over time or they were massacred by Picts. But what are you going to do with 5000 trained soldiers? (Most of whom speak only Vulgar Latin and might be a little ornery?) xD

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By EdwardWindsor

@Feral Nova: shame on you Nova its one of the most famous of all the Roman military stories. Basically they where sent out somewhere ( history isnt a hundred percent sure where and they never reported back or any trace of them been found. Both in literature or in archaeology which is the weird part since not a soul has claimed they defeated them which pretty much always happens when there has been or going to be a fight . Hence the rumour of them disappearing/ being massacred by unknown forces , abducted by aliens, deserting the course you name it there's a theory involving why they are pretty much untraceable.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ishin

@Quintus_Knightfall: I'd like to help out :)

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@FanofUltraman said:

Most likely their records were lost over time or they were massacred by Picts. But what are you going to do with 5000 trained soldiers? (Most of whom speak only Vulgar Latin and might be a little ornery?) xD

Its all moot. I changed directions. But had I gone this route I wouldnt have them/used them in the current era. I would have expanded/altered their history by filling in/answering the mystery of what happened to them and the years they had vanished.

@Impero: I went a different route. I'll be making a new one of these though requesting to augment certain aspects of the Knights Hospitaller's rivalry with the Knights Templar. If that gets approved you're more then welcome to be apart of that son.