#1 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooo, I know that there has been a lot of ideas in the CVNU and people making sure that they aren't stepping on anyone's goes when it comes to story, so I figured I'd throw this one out there seeing as I'm thinking about making a character on the subject, and get people's reactions. Has anyone made a character using any lantern corps? Does anyone else have plans for them? Has it been decided to NOT use the lantern corps and I didn't know about it making all this pointless? Lol. Any and all information welcome.

#2 Posted by Feral Nova (45897 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when we were coming up with the CVnU that we said we were NOT going to bring over already established comic book character and such items into THIS world.

BUT with that being said, I'm assuming you can create your OWN type of Corps, you just can't say its Green Lantern (?) stuff from the comic books. Kinda like how Vine Rangers are power rangers, but we came up with our own story, but still call ourselves rangers, just not 'power' rangers.

So make something like.... Emerald Blaze/Beacon/aurora... and then you can make Crimson Blaze/beacon/aurora, Sapphire Blaze/beacon/aurora.. if you understand what I'm saying... lol

But this is only if I'm understanding correctly >_> I could be completely wrong.... LOL might want to get and... I can't remember the last guy... LOL from the CoE up in here just to make sure I'm not completely wrong LOL

#3 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Feral Nova: Vine Rangers aren't CVnU. :P

But I agree with your point. Plus a not being actual Lanterns would probably allow for more creativity with what they can do and just how their powers work.

#4 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: I know their not, I'm just trying to give an example xD lol

I would use the Knightfalls but there really far off from the Batman story xD So I used the Vine Rangers lol

#5 Posted by Ren_ (1666 posts) - - Show Bio

We're not using established people/concepts from comics, but there's nothing that says you can't make your own heavily based off of it and just give it a different name.

#6 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ren_ said:

We're not using established people/concepts from comics, but there's nothing that says you can't make your own heavily based off of it and just give it a different name.

Like Arachnid Dude.

#7 Posted by Ren_ (1666 posts) - - Show Bio

'xactly

#8 Posted by The_Dreadnought (82 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a WIP character whose powers could be used as a basis for a Lanternesque group, unless you wanted it really close to DC lanterns. He is a normal young man who found a tool of some precursor creator beings. It allows the wearer to alter reality but is limited to their comprehension. He can alter physics only as far as he understands physics, so he could alter/reverse gravity or slow time with an understanding of how those concepts work. He can make himself nigh invulnerable by changing his body composition and can create simple objects but he couldn't make a complex organism because he doesn't know how and couldn't handle the cognitive demands. If you changed the story so that these precursors came back and gave these tools to people you have a unique but Lanternesque corps. Just an idea if it suits you, I wouldn't mind incorporating my character.

#9 Posted by Zishun (77 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zishun said:

Dude... I really want to wrestle the bear.

#11 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiddevil said:

@Zishun said:

#12 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@kiddevil said:

@Zishun said:

YES!

#13 Posted by Zishun (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@kiddevil said:

@Zishun said:

#14 Posted by deathbymanga (661 posts) - - Show Bio

if my guy was a lantern, he would be a red lantern, just putting my five cents down, even though i have no influence on the matter

#15 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zishun: That bear is just asking to be beat up...

#16 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathbymanga said:

if my guy was a lantern, he would be a red lantern, just putting my five cents down, even though i have no influence on the matter

Don't say that, there may one day be another RPG where everyone is a lantern.

Heck, maybe you'll being running it.

#17 Posted by _Legion_ (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feral Nova: Nuh-Uh!

We aren't using things our writers have already created. I.E. Established characters and Empires. I already have a Green Lantern. I RPed with Kratesis, the woman who made the "No Exceptions" policy about this, and she didn't care at all~
*Win.
#18 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_ said:

@Feral Nova: Nuh-Uh! We aren't using things our writers have already created. I.E. Established characters and Empires. I already have a Green Lantern. I RPed with Kratesis, the woman who made the "No Exceptions" policy about this, and she didn't care at all~ *Win.

Maybe she thought he was a Chartreuse Candle.

#19 Posted by _Legion_ (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite
@Zipp-ba-boo-bop said:
#20 Posted by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_ said:

@Feral Nova: Nuh-Uh! We aren't using things our writers have already created. I.E. Established characters and Empires. I already have a Green Lantern. I RPed with Kratesis, the woman who made the "No Exceptions" policy about this, and she didn't care at all~ *Win.

Then that was her bad. To be honest she probably just didnt feel like arguing with you about it.

#21 Posted by _Legion_ (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: Alright, ban me now I guess?
#22 Posted by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_ said:

#23 Posted by Ren_ (1666 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't tempt him.

#24 Posted by _Legion_ (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

#25 Posted by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_ said:

@Gambler said:

#26 Posted by _Legion_ (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
@Gambler said:

#27 Posted by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_ said:

@Gambler said:
@Gambler said:

#28 Posted by _Legion_ (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

#29 Posted by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_ said:

@Gambler said:

#30 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@_Legion_ said:

@Gambler said:

LMAO! OWNED!

#31 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7649 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been summoned! And it seems I'm running a little late lol.

Alright, as has been said before we're not using anything from DC, Marvel, or anywhere else. CVnU is its own universe. That said NOTHING stops you from making a character who just happens to have a green energy ring, wears green clothing, and is an intergalactic cop.

And nothing stops you from putting together a group of intergalactic cops with energy rings, and color coded powers, that just happen to be named after light creating devices lol.

The object isn't to suppress anyone's creativity or say what kinds of characters can, and cannot, be made. It was to avoid some of the silliness of having Ironman show up in RPG's lol.

I think a lantern corps would be awesome. Considering how many teams around here get named after existing comic book teams I think it would be pretty lame to tell you it COULDN'T be named the Green Lantern Corps.

Just be aware that there's no Hal Jordan, none of any of the DC characters. Everything is your own creation. Just like the Knightfalls. Their basically the batfamily, but they've switched up the mythology, changed the names, and moved around a little. Which is how it should be done, in my opinion!

#32 Posted by _Legion_ (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady_Liberty: :/
@Gambler said:

@_Legion_ said:

@Gambler said:

#33 Posted by Kratesis (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_: WHY DOST THOU POST FROWNY ENMOTES UPON ME?!?!?!

#34 Posted by _Legion_ (636 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by _Nexus_ (748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@_Legion_ said:

Everything you post after this instantly becomes awesome. God I love that shirt he is wearing. (I'm a Punk Fan Boy)

It's enough to make me over look that HIDEOUS Ravens avi.

#36 Posted by _Legion_ (636 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Warrior is the hypest sh#tnizzle.

#37 Posted by Kratesis (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_: *Nods* I remember him. Nothing in his bio was flat out against the rules. You weren't claiming the Green Lantern corps all to your self without a discussion thread and CoE approval. You didn't have a history hanging out with Hal Jordan. He just had green Lantern powers, and duties, that's all.

I think you mentioned a corps in your bio? That's borderline, but.. really... the CVnU wasn't created to be the bio police. We police mythologies and we police empires to keep someone from claiming one, going inactive, and dragging a large section of the vine into stagnation.

Those were the problems. Not bios that might imply one thing that maybe is borderline ;-)

#38 Posted by _Legion_ (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kratesis: ......this makes me even more confused.
#39 Posted by Kratesis (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_: Haha, alrighties explain to me what you need to know and I'll do my best to offer a clear explination.

#40 Posted by _Nexus_ (748 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_ said:

Ultimate Warrior is the hypest sh#tnizzle.

Ultimate Warrior couldn't hold a candle to CM Punk

#41 Edited by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lobos_Del_Rayo said:

@Gambler said:

@_Legion_ said:

Everything you post after this instantly becomes awesome. God I love that shirt he is wearing. (I'm a Punk Fan Boy)

It's enough to make me over look that HIDEOUS Ravens avi.

Me too hahaah I never was until he started coming out to Cult of Personality and dropping Pipe Bombs. Whoever is writing his material is brilliant and he verbally assassinates people. I'm making him my new out of costume look ahahah

And I'm not a huge Ravens fan, I kinda like a couple players. But really its all about throwing it in Mercy's face when they curbstomp Brady and New England cheaters :)

#42 Posted by _Legion_ (636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Who dat?
@Kratesis
I clearly say the character has "Green Lantern Powers" in the bio, multiple times. He IS a Green Lantern. I'm not making any claims to the genre or anything silly like that, but I did make a Green Lantern. 

I still don't know if I'm allowed to RP with him or not or if I'm banned or what.
#43 Posted by Kratesis (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Legion_: Sure you can RP with him.

Imagine if I made a character with 'Asgardian physiology'. Now no one has Asgard. Its not officially established as a mythology yet. Do I kinda imply some things about Asgard with my character? Sure. Does that mean I've claimed a mythology? Nope.

Nova is making a demon character. Even though we don't have any established hell mythology. Will her bio imply some things about hell? Sure. Does that mean she's claimed hell, or that anything she's implied is canon to hell? Nope.

Its the same with your character. He is linked to a grey area. That's all.

#44 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooooo now that I've gone through the ridiculous gif war... >_> lol. Soooooo, I can start a emotion based, light construct wielding, space born war spanning the entirety of sentient life in the universe.... I just can't CALL it "____ lantern corps." Hmmmmm..... I agree to your terms, CVNU gods. Will brainstorm all of the synonyms and get something going... Maybe... Haven't even decided if I'm gunna do it lol.

#45 Posted by Kratesis (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Over_kill: Bad ass! I look forward to it, if you decide to do it that is. Always loved the Lanterns.

#46 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

@Over_kill: use ____ Squadron maybe Squadron always sounds badass

#47 Posted by _Nexus_ (748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Quintus_Knightfall: I've always been a CM Punk fan since he first debut in the ECW he lost me a little with Straight Edge Society but when he dropped that infamous pipe bomb back in vegas I was hooked for good. First time I heard him come out to Cult of Personality I was omg this song rocks.

I personally hate the Ravens, but I'll give it to them against the Patriots and I could see them going to the super bowl just because I think it will be a fitting send off to Ray Lewis.