CVNU: Aetheroth

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The largest continent on such the world of Darkovia, Aetheroth is brimming with mystics, aliens, and other beings that were either born in this location, or moved here. Aetheroth was founded in the aftermath of the vast war against the dark forces, which took place at least 2000 years ago. The Dark Forces wished to claim the lush continent that was Aetheroth, though were fortunately defeated before that could happen.

In such a long time period, things have greatly changed on Aetheroth. When it was founded, such a place was built upon one purpose: For any mystical beings, aliens, mutants, or any other entities to unite. But such a goal would not come to fruition. In that time, many wars had broken out been rival species, some wars the result of greed over the lands on Aetheroth, and others simply because of there were few left that still supported domination.

But as always, we must thrive. There's going to be wars, there will be adversity, people will die, locations may be damaged in the process. But this is the life that comes within the continent of Aetheroth. Something that must be accepted for those who wish to reside in the vast world of Aetheroth, to delight in its many beauties, and to discover truly unique opportunities.

Main Locations

Stormcross

One of the main humankind kingdoms, Stormcross is home to an array of humans and mystical species that the humans have allied with. It is home to one of the strongest human guilds on Aetheroth, whose goals are to preserve the balance between each mystic creature. Stormcross is one of the first places that was built upon Aetheroth, and one of the oldest kingdoms within it. Within this kingdom are several human towns, and lush forest that are filled with many creatures.

The Phantom Lands

The Phantom Lands, as the name may suggest, is home to an array of undead creatures who resided here during the wars against the Dark Forces. Though this isn't the only place where these creatures reside, it is known as one of the places that has been greatly corrupted by dark magic, magic that seems irreversible to most. The Phantom Lands neighbor Stormcross, and is a place where few dare to go... lest they be killed and possibly devoured by these cryptic creatures...

The Elven Lands

As the name may suggest, The Elven Lands is the divided home to several types of elves. High Elves, Dusk Elves, Dawning Elves, you name it. The reason this kingdom is divided is because specific types of elves prefer to live in their own secluded locations within this massive land. In one part of the Elven Lands, you may find that the location looks rather bright, and seems to contain some unknown magic. In another part of the Elven Lands, it may seem that the nature elements seem to flow through the forests here...

Frostplight

The biting icy lands of Aetheroth, Frostplight is home to creatures who prefer to live in great seclusion, or merely beings who appreciate the immense chill throughout this land. Frostplight is historically known to be the most used location of the Dark Forces, and it is said that there are places within Frostplight that remain undiscovered.

The Scarred Lands

As said in the Phantom Lands description, there are multiple places that are brimming with undead creatures. The Scarred Lands are absolutely filled with corruption. There is corruption within the forests, even corruption within the animals around here. The undead that reside here are said to be extremely wild, and will attack whoever they please, even if it just so happens to be their own kind. Only the bravest of warriors choose to travel through the Scarred Lands...

The Forgotten City

A city lost in struggle... buried throughout the decades... bearing the secrets of mystic arts. The Forgotten City has been shrouded by a very powerful branch of magic. Its very atmosphere has been said to give off a form of cryptic aura. Those who have unfortunately found themselves trapped within its shrouded mist usually go insane within days. Throughout the area, the sounds of weeping souls can be heard... their souls being eternally trapped within the Forgotten City, unable to move on.

Midhem

This is where a large number of beings reside, here in the city of Midhem. Midhem is a very busy city, and is very convenient to those who choose to travel here. It has many vessels and such that allow people to travel to different locations, as well as places where people can simply use portals to travel to the locations they so choose. There are many activities and opportunities to do within Midhem, making it a place where a vast amount of mystics choose to stay.

The Moon Lands

The Moonlands is where one of the main prisons reside. It is a heavily guarded land that neighbors the Elven Kingdom. The main castle is where highly dangerous beings are sent. What gives such a prison its large reputation is the guards there. It is a known fact that the shades and wraiths that guard this prison delight in torturing their prisoners, mentally... Few can resist the wrath that the guards can inflict upon their minds.

Lavarock Peaks

The Lavarock peaks are where many fire, lava, and some rock elementals choose to reside, do to its burning temperatures and crazy atmosphere. Expect many chasms throughout this general location, many filled with burning crystals that are rather valuable.

The Glade

In the middle of the forest is a lush glade. Though the scenery is rather grand, this place happens to neighbor the Scarred Lands, meaning that undead creatures have also migrated tot his location. But not only that, it is rumored that there is a secret group of hunters throughout this area, who kill anyone who happens to cross this place.

The Gorge

The Gorge is a giant tear in the earth, leading to who knows where! Harsh, unpredictable, and home to the most legendary of monsters, The Gorge has been deemed unsuitable for beings to live, marked as an extremely dangerous location...

The Realmscar/Scorching Desert

Perhaps the most cryptic location within Aetheroth, even more so than the Forgotten City, is the Realmscar. Located in the Scorching Deserts, where many demonic creatures and travelers reside, there is a massive portal. Few know how it got there. Rumor has it that the portal was formed in the conjunction of energies of the Dark Forces and some other powerful faction through the portal.

Those who have journeyed through this portal know the location within it as Skellbrieg....

Rules/Extra Information

• Minor destruction is allowed, though PM me first if you wish to do mass amounts of destruction.
  • CVNU Rules Apply
  • Yes, Skellbrieg and Aetheroth are connected through the Realmscar, known as the Worldscar on Skellbrieg, just to clear any confusion. That is the result of a collaboration between myself and ThisIsGonnaHurt.
  • If you have questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.
  • If you wish to create your own faction, PM me or ask me through OOC.
  • This thread is based upon my own ideas and Azeroth from World of Warcraft.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This is a cool location man.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sweet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: @_atomikill_:

Thanks guys! I apologize for not making the post as long as many location threads are, but I'm honestly not one for making RPGS with really huge descriptions.

:)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Nice. Might have to swing through here and snag some mutants for cannon fodder :P

_Sparrow_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why I was tagged here, but cool location.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: Hey, can I make like an entire faction for this place? They're called the Dark Paladins, a race of orcs/goblin-y creatures that use holy magic from the days of the Dark Forces to fight against the other races. Striving for the Dark Forces' goal.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cool, a WoW location! :D

You might want to check out Skellbrieg, we can collab :)

Moira_Marquis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow very nice

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt
_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt: Is it still open? I dunno if I should drop Cobra Rei in or not... Would it be cool with you?

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_:

Do it!

If we play our cards right, Cobra's presence at the Floodgates can secure an alliance between the Coalition and Rhushan :)

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By _Atomikill_

@thisisgonnahurt:

I shall have a post up within the hour! Any specific ideas on how I should drop in? I mean, I was thinking he should just show up after hearing word of the battle to take place.

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt: Is it still open? I dunno if I should drop Cobra Rei in or not... Would it be cool with you?

Drop him there! Might make me regain my Max vibe and we can do an awesome war thingy!

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nobody_ said:

@_atomikill_ said:

Drop him there! Might make me regain my Max vibe and we can do an awesome war thingy!

Aw hells yeah, Rei to the Rescue!

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cobra_Rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: Hey, can I make like an entire faction for this place? They're called the Dark Paladins, a race of orcs/goblin-y creatures that use holy magic from the days of the Dark Forces to fight against the other races. Striving for the Dark Forces' goal.

Of course!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, a WoW location! :D

You might want to check out Skellbrieg, we can collab :)

That's a cool thread.

Also, I'll set up a PM for us to collab.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

I'm actually going to preempt you, I'm too anxious for this :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please do take notice that I've just made some rather large edits to the thread. I've added several locations, and made some edits to the Rules/Extra Information.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Forces

Thousands of years ago, Darkovia was in a state of war. The Dark Forces, created from a being who once protected the Elder Gods, unleashed this evil force upon the world, seeing it as his chance to conquer. The Dark Forces were beings of pure evil, and they were created to complete the bidding of the chaotic deity. But even with the powerful energies of the Dark Forces, it came as a massive shock that it somehow conjoined with the energies of the Dark Horde on Skellbrieg realm...

With every beings in this army that was destroyed, another creature was created by the chaotic deity. The factions who didn't flee made it their mission to restore balance throughout Darkovia. The corruption of the shadowy faction ran deep within the planet, which is one of the reasons for the unnatural changes within certain locations on Aetheroth, and a factor in the creation of the Realmscar, known as the Worldscar in Skellbrieg's dimension.

The Dark Forces were only defeated when they were trapped inside of the a limbo dimension, weakened, and unable to escape without a certain degree of chaotic energy. But the damages had been done to the world, and the things that The Dark Forces had done are still very important today. The boundaries between Aetheroth and Skellbrieg were weakened from both sides, occasionally sending 'ripples' of space across the Realmscar.

But that was thousands of years ago. But the things of the past still affect the world of Darkovia today, particularly Aetheroth. On the realm of Skellbrieg, when the Wombs of Evil burst open, it not only spread large amounts of chaos throughout Skellbrieg, but it was a signal for The Dark Forces, the awakening of the evil that had been waiting to burst from the limbo dimension.

With The Dark Forces returning, and The Wombs of Evil being split apart, the dimensional fabric between Aetheroth, Skellbrieg, and Fargate had been all but destroyed. As of now, Aetheroth and Skellbrieg are connected, and the events that occur in either realm further join the realms.

And war within both worlds is inevitable.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By _Atomikill_

Somewhere in the Scorching Desert...

"Get moving, maggots!" A loud snarl shouted as a whip lashed the back of an enslaved gnome, the blood soaked whip held by a small goblin standing on a crushed pillar. Jumping, the gnome walked faster, being chained to dozens of others of his kind. Every twenty feet or so, another goblin stood, whipping the workers brutally as they went to carry heavy loads of iron and other metals to the caves of the Blood Paladins.

To the end of this assembly line of gnomes stood what remained of a glorious castle, now simply rubble and ash. There the gnomes would be assigned to a different part of the castle, where they'd put the blocks of iron or other materials and attach them to help rebuild the mighty kingdom.

Only one room of the once majestic palace was complete- the chambers and throneroom of Sanguis, king of the mighty Blood Paladins. He sat and plotted, a large map sprawled out in front of him of the entire continent. It displayed all of the major cities, and then an insignificantly small dot- which, was them. And not even officially- they had simply drawn it into the map.

Roaring, the orc Sanguis pounded a large fist on the throne he sat upon. "We must conquer soon!'' He snarled angrily. Swallowing, his advisor- a dark elf- scurried over to the map and pondered over it as well.

"The only place we'll have a chance at conquering is the Realmscar. Trade is bound to happen between us and the new world that has been uncovered- if we control that territory, we can tax on that trade, and get a strong military stance." He explained to his master.

Sanguis stood from his chair, walking onto the huge map, and pondered. Indeed... That would be wise. For the Dark Forces that had assisted in creating the portal. "Bring in a gnome." He snapped to his supervisor- who, not wanting to upset his superior, scurried off.

Soon enough he was back- and with one of the beaten slaves. Picking him up with one hand by the head, Sanguis relentlessly drew a long dagger from his belt and ran the gnome through, muttering some words that were forbidden in this day and age.

At first, nothing happened. But as drops of blood from the gnome hit the ground, cracks appeared in the throne room. Soon enough entire skeletal bodies emerged, pulling themselves out of the cracks as they started to walk outside. More and more emerged, till there were hundreds- thousands. As they emerged into the day, flesh started to generate on them- then, skin. Until finally they were orcs, goblins, trolls and other monsters.

Smiling, Sanguis threw the corpse of the gnome aside, almost hitting his supervisor in the process. "Bring me another slave-worker." He grinned, sitting on his throne.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(OOC- This next post takes place a tad bit in the past, before Archerus entered Skellbrieg through the Realmscar)

Archerus, Before Entering The Realmscar

"The Realmscar's secrets will be hidden from me no longer. Today, I become one of thy who have entered through the portal, and seen the wonders through it. Today, I learn of the arts that are hidden within our sister realm, continue along the long path to true immortality, to ultimate power. The Dark Forces arise once again, and this time, I will aid in forcing them across the path to total domination!" Archerus spoke, raising his blade in the air.

The roars of his subjects, the creatures of nether, followed his words. Archerus had a goal: He wanted domination, not only of Aetheroth, but of whatever realm was past the Realmscar. And he knew that The Dark Forces were the best ways to gain domination. He truly believed that he was going to fulfill the plan that the great chaotic deity, Triutus, had not completed. He would eviscerate anyone who opposed him... and make no mistake, he had all the power he needed to do so.

At that, he used his mystical abilities to teleport himself into the Scorching Desert... to the location of the Realmscar.

Avatar image for overlord_of_the_damned
Overlord_of_the_Damned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

(These are pretty sweet.)

Voodoo_Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

"Dis be some major bad juju,"

Zolo, son of Zuul, and chief of the Zduha, examined the Worldscar with a growing uneasiness in his voice and demeanor. He already heard of the battle of the Floodgates. Something was about to happen, and the ripples in the portal before him did not settle his nerves. The Black Jungles hid the doorway to Fargate well, but the path itself and bloodshed were one and the same. The history of the place was inlaid with skulls and death. Zolo did his best to try and steer others away from it as his shamans continued trying to figure out what was going on, and for three days the Vangari were hungry to explore it as well. Their minds were already enslaved to the Dark Gods. Letting them close to the Worldscar would be disastrous.

"Sometin's 'bout ta happen, sometin dat 'asn't happen'd in many long years,"

"Chief, what's goin' on? Dis be anudda war?"

"Yea, mon. But it ain't gonna be like da otha two. No, those were da dark days, but dis,"

The Worldscar turned from green, to a crimson color, scabbing over like a fresh wound.

"Dis be even worse."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt:

What is Jaden currently doing on Skellbrieg?

I'll be posting on Skellbrieg once more, tomorrow.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Herm... was my post cool?

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

He's looking for his lover, Silverstar, whom he lost ten thousand years ago during the fall of the Twilight Elves.

He heard a rumor that she was resurrected as Desecrated, and he's livid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

I have tons of stuff planned for the Worldscar now that it's open again.

Kalgoth the Truthslayer is going to march through, the Overlord Sergei is going to try to invade Fargate with his Desecrated armies, and Jaden is going to try to kill Kargoth in cold blood.

So yes, I can make him go near the Worldscar :)

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By _Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt: Alright. I suppose Archerus, who entered Skellbrieg the last time I posted there, could encounter Kalgoth or Jaden soon enough.

@_atomikill_: Your post was quite cool as it happened.

The orc picture was splendid.