Hi ReEnforcer here, Izaiah, Andferne and Myself have been working hard on the Vine Cards for a long time. As you all have probably noticed the old info gathering thread has been lock and requests are no longer being taken for the 2010 Comic Vine Cards. Well now you find out why. We've been working on new cards for 2011 for a little while now, and they are finally ready. The first Viners to receive these new cards are the current Hall of Fame members from Classes 2 and 3.
In order to get one of these new cards, you need to follow the instructions below (and yes, ALL instructions). Please do not fill out the form unless you would like a card.
1) Fill out the form below, do so carefully, and post the filled out form here. Make sure not to make any mistakes when doing so (for instance, do not confuse the "Identity" and "Real Name" fields. If you do, we'll just guess whether your identity should be listed as "Public" or "Secret"). When it comes to images, post the images you'd like to be used, or links to them. Just in case the card maker would be unable to make the images look decent on the card, post links to where other acceptable images can be found. It happens occasionally that Person #B requests to use certain images of a character on a card, that have already been used on Person #A's card. If you are Person #B, you need to either 1) pick another image/character or 2) make sure with Person #A that it's okay to use the image or character in question. (Yes, we will be checking that.)
2) Be patient. This should come as no surprise, but it never hurts to stress this point. The ones on the job have, surprisingly enough, lives outside the Vine, and can't always finish your cards within the expected time span.
Also, as a general rule, we only make cards for people's main accounts or characters that they use in RPGs on an at least semi-regular basis. Don't just post here and request that we make a card for a random character you made up one day that you're likely to discard within less than a month.
3) For repeat clients, if you've previously gotten a card and now want it updated, it saves quite a bit of work for us if you only post the information you'd like to be changed or updated, not the complete form. Note that anything except changing the main image (or, though it's more rarely, secondary images, character logos or team logos) can be done pretty much at once, requiring very little effort.
Read Everything Below.
Somethings have changed on the cards one of the main things being changes to what the Power Grid numbers mean. Another new feature are green markers on the power grid. What they represent is if any your abilities are enhanced by clothing, armor, a weapon or some other accessory. For example Andferne would normally have a durability of 4 but when he's wearing his vibranium suit his durability goes up to a 6 so the 5 and 6 markers are displayed as green. The characters next to each ability are examples of what a top tier would be.
Power Grid - What the numbers mean:
Agility – Spider-Man/ Nightcrawler: Rank 6
1) Below normal or clumsy
2) Normal; Average
3) Athlete; Above average
4) Peak human; Significantly above average reflexes
5) Enhanced human
6) Superhuman; Beyond the natural limits (Spider-man level)
7) Metahuman; Extraordinarily beyond the natural limits
3) Enhanced or Willpower
5) Bullet proof
6) Super human
7) Virtually Indestructible
Energy Projection – Phoenix: Rank 7
2) Ability to discharge energy on contact
3) Short range, short duration, single energy/element type
4) Long range, long duration, single energy/element type
5) Complete mastery of one energy/element type
6) Able to discharge multiple forms of energy/elements
7) Virtually unlimited command over all forms of energy/elements
Fighting Ability – Karate Kid: Rank 7, Batman/ Captain America: Rank 6
3) Street Fighting or some formal training
4) Experienced Fighter
5) Master of a single form
6) Master of a dozen forms
7) Master of every martial practice
Intelligence – Galactus: Rank 7, Mr. Fantastic/ Brainiac: Rank 6
1) Slow or impaired
Mental Power – Professor Xavier/ Martian Manhunter: Rank 6
2) Latent or untrained
3) Rudimentary training or experience
4) Trained in mystical arts
5) Master of a single mystic or mental art
6) Master in multiple mystical or mental arts
7) True mastery of all mystical arts
Speed – Silver Surfer/ The Flash: Rank 7
1) Below normal
3) Peak or Enhanced
4) Subsonic Superhuman-Peak velocity below Mach-1 (approx. 760 mph)
5) Speed of Sound-Peak velocity between Mach-1 and Mach-2
6) Supersonic-Peak velocity between Mach-2 and Orbital Velocity (approx. 17,000mph
7) Speed of Light-Peak / Warp Speed-Transcending light speed
1) Below normal; Unable to sustain peak exertion for 1 minute
2) Normal; Able to sustain for 1 minute
3) Above average; Able to sustain for 1 hour
4) Enhanced; Able to sustain for several hours
5) Superhuman; Able to sustain for a day
6) Metahuman; Able to sustain for many days
7) Immeasurable; Never tires due to self-generating energy
1) Weak-Cannot lift own body weight
2) Normal-Able to lift up to twice own body weight
3) Peak-Able to lift up to 800 pounds
4) Superhuman-Includes "enhanced human-800lbs-4tons
5) Superhuman-Above 5 tons up to 75 tons
6) Superhuman-Above 75 tons up to 100 tons
7) Incalculable-Able to lift in far excess of 100 tons
Universe: CVnU (red-blue theme), or Vine Prime (yellow-green theme). If your character is from an parallel universe, list the one they're parallel to (as CVnU and VP are part of different multiverses). If you're a non-RPGer, just pick whichever of the above two whose colors you prefer.
Faction: Hero (blue), Neutral (gray) or Villain (red).
Title / Code Name: This is the name to be displayed on the top of the card, and next to the main image. Use your character's code/super name if they have one, if not then use whatever name you feel identifies them best. This is an obligatory field, do not put 'N/A', 'Unknown', or otherwise.
Real Name: Your character's real name when not in costume. Use their legal name (if applicable) when their given name is not known.
Base of Operations: Where your character works or dwells.
Gender: Male or Female.
Hair Color: Your character's hair color.
Weight: Your character's weight in pound.
Age: Your character's age.
Eye Color: Your character's eye color.
Height: Your character's height in feet.
Super Power Origin: How did your character get their powers, Science, Demon, Metahuman, Human, Alien, Mutant, Lycan, etc.
Identity: Whether your character's identity is publicly known, secret or regarded as myth/legend.
Place of Birth: Where your character was born.
Known Aliases: Names or nicknames your character is known by besides your Code Name, we'll fit as many as we can.
Group Affiliation & Rank: If your character is associated with a group/team/organization on the Vine, name it, and state your character's rank (member, leader, ally, etc.) in the group. Only one group please, and if your team has a logo then please provide it.
Status: Alive/Active, Missing/M.I.A, Deceased or Retired. If one of the latter three, it will ordinarily be listed on top of the secondary image.
Avatar Appearance: Name a few characters who you base your characters appearance on, links are appreciated. Linking or posting specific images you'd like to be used is fine, but must be done in addition to the former (since there is no guarantee your preferred images will be actually workable).
Mini Biography: Please write a short paragraph summarizing either your characters back story, powers or both. Maximum bio length is as following (using Obi Wan Kenobi's mini bio as example):
When Jacob Alvarez was granted the power of The Force, he joined
We Are Legend and began his superhero career. Taking up the
codename Obi Wan Kenobi! the brave hero fearlessly defended his
city until he was displaced in space and lost for over two years.
During this time, Obi fought new enemies, refined his skills, and
joined the Legion of Light. Upon his return to Earth, Obi felt
lost in a world that had changed dramatically and guilty for many
of the wrongs that had happened during his time away. Profoundly
changed by his time abroad, Obi Wan Kenobi is now more focused
than ever, intent on bringing his special brand of Force-powered
justice back to the home he so sorely missed.
Grid Points: Please select the number 1-7 which best fits your character (grid information above.)
Did You Know?: Tell us a fun fact about your character. “Gambler is the adopted son of Mighty Magneto.”
Battle Cry: What your character says when going into battle. “ICE Dragons Assemble”
Character Logo: If your character has a logo that represents them, post it here. Please do not post requests for logos to be made in this thread, that's not what it's for. See Character's Symbol Thread instead.
For all places where you don't have an answer please put N/A, Classified or Unknown
Here is an empty template for your to use, thank you.
Title / Code Name:
Base of Operations:
Super Power Origin:
Place of Birth:
Group Affiliation & Rank:
- Energy Projection
- Fighting Ability
- Mental Power
Did You Know?: