Constructive criticism: Molly edition.

Brynhyld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Brynhyld

Constructive criticism is advice that is meant to improve the subject matter. In this case the subject matter is the Molly. I am a very human, very sensitive female. So please be kind and proper with your advice. I am looking for ways to improve my RP skills. So if you could provide examples instead of just simply dumping negativity on me that would be great and highly appreciated.

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@brynhyld: Hard to say, your stories have good flow and your worldbuilding skills are one of the top five that I have seen and rped with so far. You can bring bubbliness and adventure while maintaining a villanous role, in terms of rp you can role both genders well.

Maybe try something in a new direction that you have never tried before?

Avatar image for the_last_samurai
The_Last_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brynhyld: From what I've seen, you write well, describe well, but every so often you switch tenses during writing. Proofreading your work may help, that's the only thing I've noticed. As switching tenses can disrupt the flow of the words and take away from the imagery.

Pantheos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brynhyld: Don't really know you, but after skimming through your last few posts I did notice a few spelling issues, so I think I agree with Last Samurai, proof reading is your friend. My advice would be, whenever you finish a post, read it properly. Personally, I know I often skim when I proof read, but you have to really pay close attention in order to catch mistakes. Sometimes I find it helpful to just do something else for a couple of minutes and then come back to check my post, so I can read it with relatively fresh eyes. Don't just check for spelling either, try and put yourself in the mind of someone else, someone who has maybe never read anything about your character before and think about whether that person would be interested in reading more about your character after that post. I know from experience that just cause something was fun to write, doesn't mean it's fun for others to read, so you have to find the balance.

That's some generic advice, anyhow. To give you anything more specific I'd have to actually RP with you. Oh, that's another thing, surround yourself with awesome writers, there are plenty of them around here. If there's a person here whose writing you particularly enjoy, write with them a bunch and you'll improve, either by subconsciously copying their style or through them just giving you advice as you go. That's really it, I think. The threefold path to success is:

1) Read broadly, read other people's work and your own (sometimes it's fun to go back and read a post from a while ago and ask yourself what you'd do different, but not too often cause you'd go crazy)

2) Write a whole bunch, the only way to improve is to keep trying.

3) I originally had 3 points but I pretty much condensed them into 2, sooo... Have fun! :D

Brynhyld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pantheos: @the_last_samurai: @ult_nerx:

So far so good. I appreciate the advice. No one has made me feel like I am under attack. Was nervious about posting this at first, but it's nice to see that it has stayed classy. I feel that most of the new people will not have any idea who I am. If someone has been around for any real length of time they would probably most likely know me as Naamah. For most people I feel that is whom they will always view me as, much in the same way we all view Gambler and Imperio. :)

I agree 100% about spelling and grammar needing improvement. It is something I have struggled with all of my life. The suck part of it is I don't always even know all of the rules, so I cannot spot out all of the errors.

Avatar image for the_last_samurai
The_Last_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Last_Samurai

@brynhyld: I don't know all of the writing rules, I learnt to read at 10 so I've struggled in that aspect too, but really...Just, if your spelling is right and you get the "Your" and You're" , "There" and "Their" kind thing correct it's not too bad, simple grammar (or spelling, whatever it is) things like that make a different. Especially where, and were.

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

And you will always have some weird ass account names.

Brynhyld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers