TheDealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By TheDealer
@FALLENprophet
Yo! I don't remember, but there was one, back in his first time, and somebody in the top 20 thread said they missed this one alternative of his. Don't know if it was a top 20 spot, and they didn't know it was him, but they said he needed to come back. Don' remember which one.
CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By CainPanell

@TheDealer said:

@FALLENprophet: Yo! I don't remember, but there was one, back in his first time, and somebody in the top 20 thread said they missed this one alternative of his. Don't know if it was a top 20 spot, and they didn't know it was him, but they said he needed to come back. Don' remember which one.

It was Ghostalt, And Puzzler said it

FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By FALLENprophet

@shadowknight666 said:

@TheDealer said:

@FALLENprophet: Yo! I don't remember, but there was one, back in his first time, and somebody in the top 20 thread said they missed this one alternative of his. Don't know if it was a top 20 spot, and they didn't know it was him, but they said he needed to come back. Don' remember which one.

It was Ghostalt, And Puzzler said it

Ironically lol

FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FALLENprophet

@Lady_Liberty: Does this also include starting cities like Gotham with a bruce wayne character?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lady_liberty

@FALLENprophet: It only counts for territory your character controls, not territory you make up.

Using Gotham and Bruce Wayne, Wayne doesn't control Gotham he just lives there. So Gotham would not be covered by the Empire rules.

But if Wayne decided to take over Gotham, then Gotham would be governed by the Empire rules and Wayne's player would be required to follow them.

Makes sense I hope ;-)

Zavala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Zavala

Working on a thing, and I'm pretty sure it's clear under the rules, but I just want to be sure. If I create a planet outside the edge of the solar system for use as a base, it won't fall under these rules, correct?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By lady_liberty

@Zavala: Correct. If you make a planet outside the solar system it doesn't count for these rules.

However! If you add the planet to the solar system it does count. (If it orbits the sun, or falls within the boundaries of objects which do orbit the sun.)

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By _Zombie_

@Lady_Liberty: Ah, alright then.

Nah.. it'd be weird to add a planet to a solar system that's been in place for so long. Too much effort to explain it away.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By lady_liberty

@ZombieBigfoot: Yeah lol, a whole planet is kinda hard to miss!

Avatar image for yellowflowerevy
yellowflowerevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By yellowflowerevy

Hi there i am new and am interested in rping...But i am not clear on how some of this works QQ. *waves nervously*

_Quickster_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By _Quickster_

@yellowflowerevy

*Looks around to make sure ZombieBigfoot isn't around*

Well, I'm not the best around here, just kinda average, but what's confusing you?

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Only got around to reading this now but awesome work I tip my hat to you! :D

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@_Punk_: Sorry man, you should (and still can) have been allowed to just make your thing the way you wanted. Wasn't fair to enforce the rule on you and then watch everyone else slide under the rule with the, "I was planning it before the rules were posted" cheat. My bad, and I mean that.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lady_liberty

@Gambler: Could it be un-sticked if its not a rule anymore?

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By Rumble Man
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By 614azrael
Personaly thought it a good idea <.< nobody will let lands be uprooted till they've had their fun but they can get roots in land with a "I own this city." Granted these locations boost thread enteraction but still feals way to easy. People complain about a place taken in a rp, person takes control of a nation for their empire idea nobody really says much. Given that we all want to play on the 3rd rock, maybe claiming the 3rd rock shouldnt be so easy. No disrespect to empires existing(i dont have issues with really anyone) one of the major things seen in the peeves section though is empires, odds are the empire wont burn till story apropriate, and sense that means it will stick around a while id like to see it not so easy. Now if you made a island(as in not preexisting land) thats diffrent its added territory not remodeling current location. Again does help boost rps to be more diverse I just dont think it should be so easy to do.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@614azrael:

one of the major things seen in the peeves section though is empires

And in PM's, but then the minute an Empire goes up its flooded with said users celebrating its creation. So its best to just let the community sort it out. And by that I mean, if it gets alot of interaction it will thrive, if not it will fade out. Originally the five of us thought a set of rules for Empire creation was a good idea, but if its not vocally supported by the community then its just a beacon for drama. Not worth the hassle :)

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Surkit

@Gambler said:

@614azrael:

And in PM's, but then the minute an Empire goes up its flooded with said users celebrating its creation. So its best to just let the community sort it out. And by that I mean, if it gets alot of interaction it will thrive, if not it will fade out. Originally the five of us thought a set of rules for Empire creation was a good idea, but if its not vocally supported by the community then its just a beacon for drama. Not worth the hassle :)

Heh, what can you do. Nobody wants to drop the bad news but everybody wants to be a boss. I wonder if everybody knows that everybody having an empire defeats the point of having an empire

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Surkit said:

@Gambler said:

@614azrael:

Heh, what can you do. Nobody wants to drop the bad news but everybody wants to be a boss. I wonder if everybody knows that everybody having an empire defeats the point of having an empire

No I agree with ya. I sure as hell aint gonna be the lone ranger out there preventing Empire creation playing the, "No you cant do that" role. Either the community wants some regulation for Empire creation or they dont. And its obvious by the continual celebration of newly formed Empires that the community is okay with it. Doesnt bother me, I just dont want to be pm'd with complaints about it anymore.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Surkit

@Gambler: I see what your saying, choose a side of the fence and stay on it. Personally, I don't even care anymore, as most fall soon after when people realize they didn't make a seat of power(Since there was no earning to give there actions weight), but a place people will wander into looking for you to entertain them. Didn't notice when I made GC, that I was basically making a field and taking the position of ref,coach, and QB. Nobody wants to step up they just want you to lead them, thats boring imo.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

How is this not anchored?

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator
@Surkit said:

@Gambler: I see what your saying, choose a side of the fence and stay on it. Personally, I don't even care anymore, as most fall soon after when people realize they didn't make a seat of power(Since there was no earning to give there actions weight), but a place people will wander into looking for you to entertain them. Didn't notice when I made GC, that I was basically making a field and taking the position of ref,coach, and QB. Nobody wants to step up they just want you to lead them, thats boring imo.

Oh my God Surkit I love you!
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By lady_liberty

The things that will create a foundation for growth, and the things that are popular are not always the same thing.

Without this rule Empires are generally condemned to being irrelevant and annoying. What is worse is they act as a anchor that weighs down the rest of the vine. People can make up an empire at the drop of a hat, and keep it forever.

They usually just completely stagnate an entire area of the Vine world, and fall into immediate in-activity. Plus they annoy everyone that cares about that area.

I'm not saying bring it back, if the will to enforce is not present there's no point, but I am saying that another solution is needed. Empires haven't stopped being a problem.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Lady_Liberty said:

but I am saying that another solution is needed.

I'm just going to do me. If I create an rpg and want it to take place in Russia free of the Tb-In empire I'm going to ignore its canon. Same with China, Portuguese, France, or anywhere else. Theres no rule that says you have to except these empires as your canon. Like you pointed out, it hinders the areas you can actually host an rpg in. The rpg scene has become nothing more then a massive game of Risk lol. You can be annoyed by it, or ignore it. Cause I cant see enforcing a rule that the community isnt willing to enforce themselves.

Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Gambler said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

but I am saying that another solution is needed.

I'm just going to do me. If I create an rpg and want it to take place in Russia free of the Tb-In empire I'm going to ignore its canon. Same with China, Portuguese, France, or anywhere else. Theres no rule that says you have to except these empires as your canon. Like you pointed out, it hinders the areas you can actually host an rpg in. The rpg scene has become nothing more then a massive game of Risk lol. You can be annoyed by it, or ignore it. Cause I cant see enforcing a rule that the community isnt willing to enforce themselves.

I'm of this mindset. Got fed up with the empire fad awhile ago, now I'm just ignoring it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Sam_Heller: Alright someone agrees with me

acer1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By acer1_

An Empire should be something that's slowly built up and carefully established over a long period of time. So many people want to be big shots, not realizing that most of the best players on the vine got where they are over time by building their characters and their stories over a large succession of rpg's and character interactions.

Ristar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Ristar_
@Gambler: @Lady_Liberty: The only real reason I wanted an empire was due to the amount of RPGs sparked by them. I honestly can't get into a RPG on this site. No one seems to do anything unless you have a team, empire, or are famous like Kurrent, Mercy, or Risky. I don't think I've participated in a lasting RPG in about a month. But, due to the creation of the Republic being peaceful, there was little to do in concerns of an RPG about it's creation. I'm not sure that the Empire is salvageable, it's been scarred by this mess.

(Punk, if not guessable)
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By lady_liberty

@Gambler: @Sam_Heller: I certainly understand the urge. Because it is highly annoying.

But while it does make the game playable for a time, it doesn't solve the problem.

In fact if it becomes widespread and common its going to create a whole host of new problems that I don't think the Vine RP scene will recover from.

Publicly declaring certain things non-cannon to your character will in the long term divide the Vine further into cliques, and lower the already week power of events. As is things barely matter. But should declaring others RP's non-cannon become common they are going to matter even less.

In the long run this is just going to lower engagement and interest even more.

I certainly can't stop you if that's what your going to do, and like I said I understand the urge because its the path of least resistance to the issue that's causing massive frustration. But its also a path that leads to a place that will be difficult to recover from once the damage is done/realized.

Avatar image for curbsideprophet
CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By CurbsideProphet

It used to be clubs and little homey places. That was cool.

Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Lady_Liberty: That's the thing though, all I can do is complain about it. And I can only complain so much before I get sick of complaining and just carry on while paying minimal attention to them.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By lady_liberty

@Ristar_: The low energy of RPGing is something else I've been thinking about, and although its a separate concern it is somewhat inter-tangled in this issue of 'Nothing matters'.

You're certainly not wrong, and you bring up a few things I was going to talk about or act on when I can return full time again. (The limited nature of RPGs)

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Surkit

@Zauberin: haha welcome

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By lady_liberty

@Sam_Heller: Yeppers, same boat here. And to maintain my interest I also 'head-cannon' some empires out of existence.

But I don't say anything about it, because when it becomes public and everyone starts doing it PUBLICLY then the already low impact of RPG's and Empires will sink even lower. Thus draining the already highly limited energy and motivation to RPG, and build things.

Its not that its bad, its that is something that's a bandage. It stops the bleeding, but surgery is needed, not public bandaging.

The problem itself needs a cure, not the symptom.

CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By CurbsideProphet
@Lady_Liberty said:

@Gambler: @Sam_Heller: I certainly understand the urge. Because it is highly annoying.

But while it does make the game playable for a time, it doesn't solve the problem.

In fact if it becomes widespread and common its going to create a whole host of new problems that I don't think the Vine RP scene will recover from.

Publicly declaring certain things non-cannon to your character will in the long term divide the Vine further into cliques, and lower the already week power of events. As is things barely matter. But should declaring others RP's non-cannon become common they are going to matter even less.

I certainly can't stop you if that's what your going to do, and like I said I understand the urge because its the path of least resistance to the issue that's causing massive frustration. But its also a path that leads to a place that will be difficult to recover from once the damage is done/realized.

I think Lady raises a good point, the whole cliques and stuff. But also, concerning empires and meaning you can and can't do things, why not? Why can't I have a fight in Russia, just because the Tenebrasque group owns it? (People at Tenebrasque already know they're my people and we're cool. At least on my side of things, they could all hate me and constantly conspire against me and I wouldn't even know, but I digress) It's not like they're going to be everywhere at once, controlling every single thing at once. It's kind of like saying once Sojourn or Ziev becomes U.S. president, there can be no more crimes, no more blowing stuff up, and no more bad things, just because he's in charge, and if they do happen, he has to show up personally to deal with it. It just doesn't go like that. But I don't know, I could be completely wrong.
Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Lady_Liberty: Not disagreeing with you on that. When I said I was agreeing with Gambler, it was mostly just about ignoring the empires. Couldn't care less about canon, as they rarely affect my characters.

I'm just at the point where there's not much I can do, so I've stopped caring enough to go out of my way to complain about it.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By lady_liberty

@Sam_Heller: Yeah, when there's nothing you can do then its best to not worry about it. With you there.

If we end up going this 'personal canon' route its going to end up a bunch of cliques of friends who all allow each others canon.

I mean obviously I will have Impero's and Gambler's stuff be canon to me, along with a bunch of others. Other groups will do the same with each other.

That's just naturally going to happen. And it will have some positive effects in the short run, but in the long run it will not be good at all.

Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Lady_Liberty: I generally follow all canon as best I can, these empires just tend to not have a big effect on my characters.

CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By CurbsideProphet

Also, views are changing. The view of canon has gone almost completely macroscopic (I think that's the word, maybe). I feel like it used to be more, "what can I do with my character, to change them, to affect the world around them?" And there's still that. But the dominant thing now seems to be "what can I do to the world, to make my character change it?" And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but when that's all everyone's thinking about, "what can I do that will make my character be at the same level of influence and power as that guy, so he can be as important to the world as him," and everybody's doing it, that's when it's a thing. Which is why street folks like Quickster and the Wolf Spider, and Crowman and people get my props (even though my props don't really mean much), because they do small stuff that means more to their character, but also to the people their characters interact with, without it having to be "Quickster is the mayor of Mazomanie or governor of Wisconsin." It's a lot less personal with the characters and their writers, I think.

@Sam_Heller: Except you. Because you're sadistic.

Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Sam_Heller

@CurbsideProphet: Pfft, puh-lease. My sadism helps me write better. :P

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By lady_liberty

@CurbsideProphet: Yep. I think that's an unfortunate side effect of the current team/RPG focus, in combination with the natural wish to be powerful and famous.

CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By CurbsideProphet
@Sam_Heller

It's why I love you so much.

@Lady_Liberty: Teams didn't used to be a problem (is that grammatically correct? I feel like it's not). It used to be, you're on a team. Cool. You guys work together to do things. I'm not sure exactly when it changed. I assume sometime before or after All Out Assault.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Lady_Liberty said:

Is it really a problem though? Its annoying but I have to think if it were a problem the majority of the Vine would speak out, or simply not post, "Amazing job!" or, "This is great" in every single Empire thread.

@Lady_Liberty said:

I dont see it. Its a fad like everything else on CV. It will be popular for everyone to make an Empire until its not.

@Lady_Liberty said:

It doesnt have to be a public anything. Just do it. You want to make an Rpg set in (insert occupied area here) just do it and dont even worry about explaining how you're ignoring someones Empire canon. The moment you start creating rpgs based on who is where and who runs what you've locked yourself into a box. And to be honest, I dont see any of these Empires even doing rpgs. They just do small thread rps so what, "events" are being minimized? You'd have to comb through 100 pages and thousands of in and out of character posts to find one piece of vital information. Ignoring the canon of that is something most people do anyway.

@Lady_Liberty said:

Theres no such thing as a place the rpg community couldnt recover from. None of this is set in stone, it can all be set back to zero if the community wished to do so. Honestly ignoring certain canon events, places, deaths, and even Empires, is nothing new. It happens all the time in just about every single rpg. Has for years. I stopped looking in threads that are titled Empires. That way I'm not even slightly influenced by where they are or who runs and owns what (sometimes I still peak lol). Everyone is free to deal with it as they want, I wish the rules had had a much bigger effect. But like I said several posts up, I'm not going to be the lone guard swatting down peoples creations when the community as a whole continuously celebrates them. Its just easier to ignore them. If enough people ignore em then they arent canon for anyone but one individual, the creator.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By lady_liberty

@CurbsideProphet: I wouldn't say teams are a 100% problem, I would say there is a problem with teams right now.

That problem is teams have become a vehicle for RPG construction. People create a team, and in everyone's minds that team exists so they can create a RPG. If you notice that's about the time the team dies. League of Shadows was basically killed by its RPG on a OOC level. The RPG drained all the energy and didn't give any energy back. There wasn't much return on an OOC level.

And the same thing has happened with several other teams.

That doesn't mean teams are bad in my opinion, it means teams are being used universally to do one thing, and that's often the wrong thing. Its become 'Create Team, Create RPG, Create RPG, Create RPG, Repeat Until Team Death.' (Usually doesn't get that far hehe)

This has gone way afield of the original topic, but I'm glad you brought it up.

CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By CurbsideProphet
@Lady_Liberty
I think I see what you're saying. Maybe. I've seen a few times where someone (I actually think it was Punk) said he wasn't going anywhere, but he wanted to do some stuff, so they said "Join a team." If it's to the point where you feel forced to join a team to get anything done, that's a problem. Again, why I like to see the little guys doing their solo thing (or street level thing, that's a thing too), and it's working for them, I like it, because that person's riding on their own moxy, or whatever it is that makes people like them a lot and want to do individualized stuffs with them. I'll stop there now.
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By lady_liberty

@Gambler said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Is it really a problem though? Its annoying but I have to think if it were a problem the majority of the Vine would speak out, or simply not post, "Amazing job!" or, "This is great" in every single Empire thread.

That's not really a reliable method of examining public opinion. A lot of those people are just being nice. No one says 'Gah, another empire? Hope it dies soon.' because most people here are nicer then that ;-)

But a lot of people think it.

@Lady_Liberty said:

I dont see it. Its a fad like everything else on CV. It will be popular for everyone to make an Empire until its not.

Its true that Empires are currently in vogue. However let me be clear that what I mean is the act of declaring something non-canon to your character becoming wide spread is something I feel would be really bad.

@Lady_Liberty said:

It doesnt have to be a public anything. Just do it. You want to make an Rpg set in (insert occupied area here) just do it and dont even worry about explaining how you're ignoring someones Empire canon. The moment you start creating rpgs based on who is where and who runs what you've locked yourself into a box.

If your posting a thread in public, well, its public. If I have a battle in Spain that makes it clear its Spain and not the Iberian Empire, then that's a fairly public announcement that Impero's stuff isn't canon to me.

And to be honest, I dont see any of these Empires even doing rpgs. They just do small thread rps so what, "events" are being minimized? You'd have to comb through 100 pages and thousands of in and out of character posts to find one piece of vital information. Ignoring the canon of that is something most people do anyway.

By 'event' I refer to most everything that occurs on the vine, including the event of owning an empire. Most stuff people do doesn't really matter, and ignoring the stuff we personally disagree with would make that worse.

@Lady_Liberty said:

Theres no such thing as a place the rpg community couldnt recover from. None of this is set in stone, it can all be set back to zero if the community wished to do so.

I'm not saying that everyone will never log on again, but I'm saying that after there is a population reduction its going to be very difficult to recover that lost population.

Honestly ignoring certain canon events, places, deaths, and even Empires, is nothing new. It happens all the time in just about every single rpg. Has for years. I stopped looking in threads that are titled Empires. That way I'm not even slightly influenced by where they are or who runs and owns what (sometimes I still peak lol). Everyone is free to deal with it as they want, I wish the rules had had a much bigger effect.

I actually think having some 'head-canon' is a requirement. I certainly have mine, and I think most people do. However I think public head-canon is bad. Very bad.

But like I said several posts up, I'm not going to be the lone guard swatting down peoples creations when the community as a whole continuously celebrates them. Its just easier to ignore them. If enough people ignore em then they arent canon for anyone but one individual, the creator.

You're not wrong on either count. The community itself has to want to improve itself and regulate itself. But I don't think it can yet because people are so divided into cliques and separated already.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Lady_Liberty said:

That's not really a reliable method of examining public opinion. A lot of those people are just being nice. No one says 'Gah, another empire? Hope it dies soon.' because most people here are nicer then that ;-)

But a lot of people think it.

If they're thinking it but posting, "This is awesome" then they're just being fake and thats more annoying then any Empire. I get what you're saying but if you're a user and fed up with Empires then dont go praising them everytime they crop up I guess is my point.

@Lady_Liberty said:

Its true that Empires are currently in vogue. However let me be clear that what I mean is the act of declaring something non-canon to your character becoming wide spread is something I feel would be really bad.

I dont see why though. Its already happening, its been happening. No one is carrying on like the stuff from 4,3,even 2, years ago is canon. At least not in a way that affects anyone. The OsC invaded Asgard a few years ago, but it wasnt Lst Paladins Asgard, and now theres another Asgard separate from two other Asgards. Hasnt effected anyone despite having three separate canon places of the same origin. Most people dont even know that. I've seen more canon ignored then accepted. Its nothing new.

@Lady_Liberty said:

If your posting a thread in public, well, its public. If I have a battle in Spain that makes it clear its Spain and not the Iberian Empire, then that's a fairly public announcement that Impero's stuff isn't canon to me.

Say I make an rpg that takes place in Portugal but has nothing to do with its politics, has nothing to do with Government. You dont have to declare Impero's Empire non-canon, nor are you declaring it non-canon to you. You're simply doing an rpg that doesnt require you to specify one way or the other (of course there are exceptions/areas that once crossed automatically declare his Empire non-canon to you) but for the most part and most instances you can play out your story and not mention who runs what. Lots of rpgs take place in the U.S. and no one mentions who is the Governor, President, etc, cause it has no baring. This way if you ever do end up in a canon rpg with Impero the things you did really had no affect on his Empire and vise versa. Or if they're small enough they can easily be worked out in a pm before hand.

@Lady_Liberty said:

By 'event' I refer to most everything that occurs on the vine, including the event of owning an empire. Most stuff people do doesn't really matter, and ignoring the stuff we personally disagree with would make that worse.

Users are going to pick what they decide to ignore or except regardless. That will never change, and it shouldnt. I personally dont see choosing to ignore something as a problem. There was a user who use to godmod all sorts of stuff. Empires, land, armies, it went on and on. Users just ignored it and focused on creating fun rpgs. There are users Ignore and choose to stay away from, those ignoring their canon, and I'm sure there are users who do the same thing with me. Doesnt make things bad or create a problem. In fact I think it avoids a problem.

@Lady_Liberty said:

I'm not saying that everyone will never log on again, but I'm saying that after there is a population reduction its going to be very difficult to recover that lost population.

Maybe, but I dont see it. Lots of users come and go. The Vine will be gone before the majority of the rpgers will.

@Lady_Liberty said:

I actually think having some 'head-canon' is a requirement. I certainly have mine, and I think most people do. However I think public head-canon is bad. Very bad.

Yeah, I can see where it would be. But our community is pretty good about respecting a certain amount of reasonable public canon. But there are lots of public canon that people just dont pay attention to and its fine (so far anyway)

@Lady_Liberty said:

You're not wrong on either count. The community itself has to want to improve itself and regulate itself. But I don't think it can yet because people are so divided into cliques and separated already.

I agree and co-sign this :P