Hi ReEnforcer here, Izaiah, Andferne and Myself have been working hard on the Vine Cards for a long time. As you all have probably noticed the old info gathering thread has been lock and requests are no longer being taken for the 2010 Comic Vine Cards. Well now you find out why. We've been working on new cards for 2011 for a little while now, and they are finally ready. The first Viners to receive these new cards are the current Hall of Fame members from Classes 2 and 3.
In order to get one of these new cards, you need to follow the instructions below (and yes, ALL instructions). Please do not fill out the form unless you would like a card.
1) Fill out the form below, do so carefully, and post the filled out form here. Make sure not to make any mistakes when doing so (for instance, do not confuse the "Identity" and "Real Name" fields. If you do, we'll just guess whether your identity should be listed as "Public" or "Secret"). When it comes to images, post the images you'd like to be used, or links to them. Just in case the card maker would be unable to make the images look decent on the card, post links to where other acceptable images can be found. It happens occasionally that Person #B requests to use certain images of a character on a card, that have already been used on Person #A's card. If you are Person #B, you need to either 1) pick another image/character or 2) make sure with Person #A that it's okay to use the image or character in question. (Yes, we will be checking that.)
2) Be patient. This should come as no surprise, but it never hurts to stress this point. The ones on the job have, surprisingly enough, lives outside the Vine, and can't always finish your cards within the expected time span.
Also, as a general rule, we only make cards for people's main accounts or characters that they use in RPGs on an at least semi-regular basis. Don't just post here and request that we make a card for a random character you made up one day that you're likely to discard within less than a month.
Read Everything Below. Somethings have changed on the cards one of the main things being changes to what the Power Grid numbers mean. Another new feature are green markers on the power grid. What they represent is if any your abilities are enhanced by clothing, armor, a weapon or some other accessory. For example Andferne would normally have a durability of 4 but when he's wearing his vibranium suit his durability goes up to a 6 so the 5 and 6 markers are displayed as green. The characters next to each ability are examples of what a top tier would be.
Power Grid - What the numbers mean:
Agility – Spider-Man/ Nightcrawler: Rank 6
1) Below normal or clumsy
2) Normal; Average
3) Athlete; Above average
4) Peak human; Significantly above average reflexes
5) Enhanced human
6) Superhuman; Beyond the natural limits (Spider-man level)
7) Metahuman; Extraordinarily beyond the natural limits
3) Enhanced or Willpower
5) Bullet proof
6) Super human
7) Virtually Indestructible
Energy Projection – Phoenix: Rank 7
2) Ability to discharge energy on contact
3) Short range, short duration, single energy/element type
4) Long range, long duration, single energy/element type
5) Complete mastery of one energy/element type
6) Able to discharge multiple forms of energy/elements
7) Virtually unlimited command over all forms of energy/elements
Fighting Ability – Karate Kid: Rank 7, Batman/ Captain America: Rank 6
3) Street Fighting or some formal training
4) Experienced Fighter
5) Master of a single form
6) Master of a dozen forms
7) Master of every martial practice
Intelligence – Galactus: Rank 7, Mr. Fantastic/ Brainiac: Rank 6
1) Slow or impaired
Mental Power – Professor Xavier/ Martian Manhunter: Rank 6
2) Latent or untrained
3) Rudimentary training or experience
4) Trained in mystical arts
5) Master of a single mystic or mental art
6) Master in multiple mystical or mental arts
7) True mastery of all mystical arts
Speed – Silver Surfer/ The Flash: Rank 7
1) Below normal
3) Peak or Enhanced
4) Subsonic Superhuman-Peak velocity below Mach-1 (approx. 760 mph)
5) Speed of Sound-Peak velocity between Mach-1 and Mach-2
6) Supersonic-Peak velocity between Mach-2 and Orbital Velocity (approx. 17,000mph
7) Speed of Light-Peak / Warp Speed-Transcending light speed
1) Below normal; Unable to sustain peak exertion for 1 minute
2) Normal; Able to sustain for 1 minute
3) Above average; Able to sustain for 1 hour
4) Enhanced; Able to sustain for several hours
5) Superhuman; Able to sustain for a day
6) Metahuman; Able to sustain for many days
7) Immeasurable; Never tires due to self-generating energy
1) Weak-Cannot lift own body weight
2) Normal-Able to lift up to twice own body weight
3) Peak-Able to lift up to 800 pounds
4) Superhuman-Includes "enhanced human-800lbs-4tons
5) Superhuman-Above 5 tons up to 75 tons
6) Superhuman-Above 75 tons up to 100 tons
7) Incalculable-Able to lift in far excess of 100 tons
Faction: Hero, Neutral or Villain
Super Name: Your characters name as it appears on the vine.
Real Name: Your characters real name when not in costume
Base of Operations: Where does your character work out of
Gender: Male or Female
Height: Your characters height in feet
Weight: Your Characters weight in pound
Eye Color: Your characters eye color
Hair Color: Your characters hair color
Identity: Whether your identity is publicly known or secret and only known by a few.
Super Power Origin: How did your character get their powers Science, Demon, Meta-human, Human, Alien, Mutant, Lycan, etc.
Place of Birth: Where was your character born.
Known Aliases: Names or nicknames your character is known by besides your Super Name, we'll fit as many as we can.
Group Affiliation: If your are currently associated with a group on the vine name then name it, Only one group please, If you team has a logo please provide it.
Avatar Appearance: Name a few characters who you base your characters appearance on, links are appreciated or if specific images are provided we will do are best to use them.
Mini Biography: Please write a short paragraph summarizing either your characters back story, powers or both.
Grid Points: Please select the number 1-7 which best fits your character(Grid Information above.)
Did You Know?: Tell use a fun fact about your character. i.e. “Gambler is the adopted son of Mighty Magneto.”
Battle Cry: What your character says when going into battle. i.e. “ICE Dragons Assemble”
Character Logo: If your character has a logo that represents them. Please do not post requests for logos to be made in this thread thats not what its for. See Character's Symbol Thread
For all places where you don't have an answer please put N/A, Classified or Unknown
Here is an empty template for your to use, Thank You.
Base of Operations:
Super Power Origin:
Place of Birth:
Did You Know?: