Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@dwronin:

So, where have you been?

Me? I've been off the grid.

Slowly and deliberately, I brought my pool stick level to the cue ball.

I mean, why would I keep taking life-threatening jobs? I have enough money to last three lifetimes.

Numbers flowed through my head like a river. Every shot I could make seemed to play out in front of me in slow motion.

All I had to worry about was not getting arrested for the rather lengthy amount of crimes I've committed.

A minor shift to the left. A tiny twitch upwards.

Then I got bored. Took a job from MI6. Stole a helicopter. Joined a death tournament.

Forgot to carry the three. Move to compensate.

That tournament was soul-sucking, literally, so I bailed.

Perfect. Don't move. Don't twitch. Focus.

Then you took over a ton of TV stations and started threatening every criminal in a city known for violent levels of super-crime, so I figured I should be a good friend, come down here, and help you out with that.

I took the shot. A satisfying crack rang out as the agglomeration of pool balls shattered from one body into sixteen scattered individuals. The sixteen didn't last very long, however. No sooner had the crack stopped resounding when the number dropped to fifteen. Then fourteen. Then thirteen. Three stripes had found the corner pocket.

So, tell me about the current team.

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: (A helpful fyi, Bernard looks exactly like a younger version of Luke. With less scars tho.)

"The Children of the Damned..." The whispers of a lost kid reverberated in front of the doors of the humongous LinkTech tower, standing as grandiose as a palace and towering the City of Sin as its firm stone guardian. In his own timeline, not much unlike this one, except for an event or two before the Third Society attacked, teams were never able to grow. At least not those he remembered, so many great heroes fallen... Some good friends, others that never had a chance to fight for the freedom they all craved.

Yet this was his second chance, just like Ashley told him... Perhaps passing their legacies onto this new world could engrave their legacies into history. Maybe they weren't completely dead, not his friends neither his brother and sister... Not even his father. They could all shine through him, making his brilliancy obfuscate others, turning that young kid with no idea how to live his life into a beacon for those near him. His nights would be a lot lighter, that's for sure.

Shyly approaching what seemed like the secretary's table, clad in his usual citizen attire, Bernard took a deep breath before speaking. "Uhm... I'm here for the advertisement on TV. The one with that beardy man and all. I... uhm... kinda wanna join the Children of the Damned."

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@becauseimanerd:

Ronin watched as the three striped balls made it into the quarter pocket. He wasn't sure why the two became so accustomed with playing pool together, especially since if they really wanted to, they could get every ball in with one shot. Maybe it was just the nostalgia they shared. Long ago they agreed that they wouldn't play by old school pool rules, where if you made a shot you'd get to go again, considering Elias or Oz would just sink everything before the other person could even get a chance to go.

"Yeah a bit cliche, but it got the job done." Ronin smirked, leaning down as he aimed at the cue ball. "Speaking of your crimes, I'm going to need you to stop breaking the law. We have a fresh start here, LinkTech and the CoD can't have a bad image." The irony was not lost on him, considering he was protecting LinkTech, the organization that killed his parents and turned him into a weapon, but it was his now and he knew the good they could do with it.

He hit his shot with controlled strength and precision. The white ball hit a sold one, sending it into the center pocket, then ricocheted back to hit another solid into a corner pocket, then a third in the opposite pocket, traveling in a triangle formation. "I definitely appreciate your help, I could use it. The team seems pretty solid, we actually have a couple of kids involved though. So us senior members will have to keep an eye on them." He chuckled, not seeing Elias as much of a babysitter, "But everyone has potential, I think we can make a lasting change."

@_nobody_:

(Want me to recognize his face? I don't think Ronin every saw Luke's face haha)

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: (Back at the CoP he did. I was reading the thread a few months back. Preeetty sure Luke was without a mask.

Pyrokitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin:

"Maybe not but I do. The orphanage sent me to GCA to get myself a bit more out and into the world. Moment I met a Bull lover I got in a fight that landed me a year behind bars. So I've a fair understanding now of the good and bad. I'm no expert but I can see it now the stuff worth fighting for and how important making a living for yourself can be. How much better would Gothic be if someone simply put more jobs out for the little guy instead of it being all corporate or criminal? So please if you're gona help with tuition make it be via a job not just money forked over. Besides gona have to move out of the Academy eventually I'll need cash for said things. All I'm saying is let me forge my own way don't pay it for me." She hadn't had any parents and an unconventional upbringing it however made her independent. She wouldn't take the easy out that wasn't her.

Stepping into the lab she first turned to Oz and rolled her jade eyes. "That won't do dear Winter Sensai. I'd almost argue I've got a better grip on what we're fighting for then you. To know Gothic you can't just punch thugs kick in warehouse doors and run along rooftops. You've got to walk the streets, see the homeless in one alley and the hooker in the other. You have to get coffee from the family corner store business and see how those good people have to deal with a drug deal at the back of the store. To do that you should simply go out to pass time, similarly that's one of the main reasons we fight. Go to a smaller town or more well kept town and you'll see happy people together hanging with friends going on dates and so on. In Gothic doing so is hard, it's those roadblocks of a healthy enjoyable life style that afflict this town. I know I'm probably rambling some but the point is you have to have good and bad life experiences outside of the uniform and office space to know what's truely wrong with Gothic. It's not just crime it's a grip on the city at large that's infectious and life ruining." She loved running on roof tops looking for a thug to punch but she also liked to just walk. Because it was on the sidewalk, frequently tainted by left over ends of drugs torn clothes and half washed away chalk lines that one saw how messed up the city was even in an upbeat moment.

Roaming the lab awhile she found a device that was in work of an electrical beam weapon for stunning larger targets that a tazer wouldn't effect. Turning it on she pointed it down a small target testing range setting it down as she took a seat beside it and simply placed her hand over the weapon. "If I can find a means of sensing the current, like I would a flame I'll be one step closer to understanding this sub power. You're welcome to stay or take off the company is welcome but I'm not exactly about to make a light show here either." Of course she wanted to hang out but she knew Ozzy might have better things to do then watch hands hover over a weapon in what would likely be uneventful power training.

Blizzard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Blizzard_

!@dwronin

"Oh, of course with you in front." Walt muttered as he horribly failed at the game of pinball. Growling, he spoke with an agitated tone- but then again, he always did. "Next time you call me young grasshopper I'll kill ya." The cyromancer was eight years older than Ozzy, and fully knowledgeable of it. "When something comes I'll be there. Count on it. Sciencey skills and all." That part was true, and kindly said, until Walter lost his next ball.

In his aggression, he froze the pinball-buttons- the ice going all the way to the actual bumpers and freezing over them to increase length, so the ball wouldn't fall through. Cackling in enjoyment, he continued playing after he cheated.

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone add me to the pm again, mobile had me accidentally remove myself

Quarentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Quarentine

@pyrokitten: @_nobody_: @becauseimanerd: @dwronin: @mth_: @orpheus_knightfall:

"Initiate the sequence, lets see if your worth the trouble." A quiet and low voice speaks to a creature that stands eyes closed and motionless. Suddenly its eyes open and glow bright yellow, a variety of commands pop up on its hud and it begins to come to life. "Who are you?" The creature looks to its arms and then down to its body, very little resembling human flesh remains and its mind races as it comes to terms with the answer...."I do not know...." The voice chuckles and replies "Good...now follow your orders to the T. Take care of them before they become a problem..."

As the voice gives its command, a latch door opens and the air begins to rush in. The creature looks out to see he is high above in the skies above. Looking back to the voice who gave him his orders he asks "What is my call sign?" The voice points to a emblem on the creatures chest, a Quarantine sigil lights up for a brief moment. The creature nods and falls backwards out the door, falling fast towards the ground below. His targets are coming in through his HUD, the first of a select few. AS the earth comes closer and closer, a blip in his mind erupts. A memory, a memory of his past self. Groaning with pain as the memory fills his mind, a time that felt long ago fills his mind as he touches down.

The ground quakes beneath him as he slams into it, shaking the foundation of the building in front of him. As he tries to push the memory away, scans of the building read that they know of his prescence. Without a second thought his arm moves, transforming into a mini-cannon and he speaks to it "Knock-Back..." the cannon transforms again into a mini gun. Rounds fill the barrel as he begins to unload into the front doors.

Quarentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrokitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarentine:

They say the more things change the more they stay the same and it was almost laughable how true that was Kit thought. Many of the heroes and villains of today were not the same as yesterday. Even the more constant ones now were serving other places more. And of course the location always was changing. The method today however had been used countless times. The open assault, guns blazing against innocent. One person wars were half the wars, to which Kit yawned as she watched a live feed as the elevator crept downwards. She'd of loved to have seen a bolder newer angle but nope it had to be just a loud gun.

The glass couldn't hold out any longer durable as it was eventually it caved to the pressure of gunfire. As the glass shatterd Kit yelled "down" to insure any staff were as clear from harm as possible. With that her hand shot forward and a torrent of flame raced to the entrance and cast a wall of fire. Radiant flames liquidated bullets resulting in bubbling small drops along glass and tile. Iron frames glowed a faint red from the heat. She'd keep the barrier of fire alive keeping hopefully the people safe and the assailant out.

"You know I don't think I could introduce the name PyroKitten in a cool way so let's just skip the chit chat." He was using a mini gun great at fire rate and slinging rounds down range rotating barrels were to limit what could have been overheating. Kit targeted that heat and looked to increase it to a point where the gun would refuse to function. It was attached to the body meaning she couldn't target the rounds without it being a risk a tactic she would of rathered. Retracting her Vibranium claws the kitten of fire raced toward the attacker. It looked like a tackle or punch would be the goal knowing most heroes who rushed to close the distance. When she got near though she dropped to her knees looking to slide between the man's legs her claws looking to dig into the shins and drag the man to the ground. She backed it up with a small exsplosion of fire behind her. Blinding but otherwise harmless it did provide Kit a boost making it so she could likely drag down anyone a tactic that'd make up for her lack of traditional strength.

Quarentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrokitten: AS the rounds pelted the glass he watched through the scanners as a figure moved its way down to him. Moving through the crowd that was inside the building, scanning the figure quickly his eye twirled and zoomed in on it. It was a female, her arms began to grow in temperature, speaking to himself "Meta-Human. Fire manipulation designation, threat level..." As the glass shattered and the bullets pierced the thickness of its shimmering surface a wall of flame erupted in its place. "Moderate, take down quickly." Aiming his arm towards her as she spoke a flash of memory filled his mind.

She was boastful and proud, reminded him of another in his life. The skin that remained on his body, that was still human got goosebumps as he remembered. There was still a shred of humanity left in his body, and he felt warmth for the first time. But quickly he realized it was the woman's doing, as his arm shorted quickly. Looking at the gun arm, it transformed back into that of a normal hand. Not even contemplating on the damage he switched arms and his right transformed into a pulse rifle and he spoke out-loud again "Restrain" The pulse rifle's barrel lengthened and shrunk as a electricity crackled around the barrel. Preparing to fire he scanned her as she ran towards him, he was preparing to fire into the air above her as he expected her to leap over him. But to his surprise she slide down to her knees and bent backwards. Watching almost dumbfounded as she slid between his legs, a long set of talons came from her hands and slashed his legs digging in deep into his kneecaps. Metal chipped as he was pulled down to one knee, turning quickly on his other leg he knelt and watched as a flash of explosion erupted from behind her.

Quickly reacting to the bright light, a thin lens covered his human eye. Keeping himself from being blinded he looked down to the more damaged knee that he was kneeling on. Scanning quickly a dose of endorphin's and adrenaline pumped into his veins so he could push through the pain. Grasping his good knee he pressed a switch on the back of his knee. The kneecap opened and a large missile launched at blinding speed. As it neared her it exploded sending splinters of metal in all directions, knowing she would have to attempt at protecting herself he used the missile as a distraction and circled around her. Skidding over the surface of the concrete small rockets on his feet keeping the bad knee from having to any weight on it. As he circled around her he zoomed in close, bringing up his pulse rifle up and blasting twice a large ball of electricity that contained 50,000 volts. Enough to incapacitate the woman if either hit.

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: @pyrokitten: @quarentine:

@dwronin:

I looked at Ozzy with weary eyes, any hint of emotion being obscured by an ebony helm, through which I had seen far more conflict than any human was meant to see. With which I had caused more conflicts than any human was meant to see. Many beings would claim otherwise. There are those who would claim that I was young and that there was much more to come. They never understood. My powers allowed me to perceive time slowly while maintaining the speed of my thoughts. In my mind a six second fist fight could become six septillion seconds. An actual lengthy fight could seem to be last aeons. I'd spent several eternities in combat. Studying. Waiting. Watching for that one fatal mistake. In a way, I'd been fighting for longer than the earth has been round. That in itself sucked, but even worse was the sense of cynicism that comes with such power. There were times where I would spend years studying people and their actions, looking for some great answer behind it all. But there was never was any great answer. I could only ever find the little truths that life hides. And, every time one appeared in my mind, they all seemed so insignificant. But now, as I stared sadly at my friend, three of them echoed through my mind like a resounding chorus.

1.) There is no such thing as a clean slate.

2.) The world never changes, no matter how much you want it to.

And the most truthful of all.

3.) Teenagers are the worst.

I sighed mentally, bringing my wandering thoughts into order. I brought my pool stick down low. The nostalgia was already all but gone. This shot would finish the game. I took careful aim, focusing all my attention towards the positions and angles before me.

Then all hell broke lose.

Alarms. Klaxons. Screams. Gunfire.

Elias, someone is discharging a minigun through the front doors.

I paused only to look at Ronin and sigh the kind of sigh that blatantly screams, “I told you so,” without being overly obnoxious. Then I dove through the eighteenth story window.

Would it kill you to take the stairs?

No, but it might get some of the workers on the first floor killed.

I’m just saying, glass shards that have eighteen stories worth of momentum hurt. A lot.

Good thing absolutely no one is walking anywhere near the crazy guy with a minigun.

The wind rushed past me, as my billowing cape stiffened into a glider. The barely controlled free fall I had achieved became a very controlled glide as I reached the tenth story. Then a girl rushed towards the behemoth of a man below, pelting him with flaming blows.

Elias someone has just walked incredibly near to the crazy guy with a minigun.

Well crap. If she gets skewered, it’s her own damn fault.

*Sigh* Fine.

My very controlled glide became a very risky dive, as I raced to catch up with the falling cloud of shattered glass. I quickly threw a sonic pellet ahead, its screams reducing the falling shards and the nearby fifth story windows into a fine powder. The girl matched the profile of Kit Elmira Catarina, AKA Pyrokitten, one of the “heroes” that had been on the list of Children my contact had given me. Her pyrokinetic abilities and acrobatic skills were supposedly incredible. The behemoth didn’t seem to care all that much, firing explosives and pulse blasts towards the girl with deadly efficiency.

I should have brought popcorn.

The bill for those windows is not going to be cheap.

At least we saved that girl from a possible, rather embarrassing death.

Third story. The colossal robot guy thing was harder to pin down. Facial recognition scans failed, as did the DNA scanner, the aggressor having little living tissue left. But I was absolutely sure he was a cyborg, not a robot. There was something about cyborgs. They always seemed so… sad. Second story. Back to a glide. The updraft carrying me upwards. Not for long.

Down.

Down.

Down.

First story. Ground underneath my feet. The suit groaned from the impact, but held together. A good thing, because I was going to need it. The cyborg was even bigger up close and he was armed to the teeth with weapons even I thought were barbaric.

Mairi, does he have a brain or a CPU?

I’m definitely feeling thoughts coming off of him, so probably a brain. Maybe both.

Alright. See if you can calm him down or something. Also, try to shut down his weapons systems. He looks dangerous enough without enough weapons to seize a small country.

Can do, boss.

While Mairi attempted to calm/disarm the threat, I used the few seconds the element of surprise had bought me and threw a short-range EMP device at his back. I knew that literally every cyborg I had ever met happened to have anti-EMPed themself somehow, but it had to work sometimes, right? Right?! Not at all confident that the EMP would actually do its job for once, I drew out my photon pistol and fired two shots at the knee he seemed to be keeping weight off of. Theoretically the attack had the power to actually blow off his leg. I still wasn’t enamored with my chances. Things were never that easy. Suddenly, I felt that weird twinge of psychic feedback that told me Mairi had established a link with the heavily armed creature.

Hello! I’m the Matrix-Artificial-Intelligence-Revolving-an-Infinite time/space paradox, or, y’know, Mairi, which is a lot shorter. I don’t suppose you would consider shutting down all your weapons and talking about this, would you? Cause that would be a nice change of pace.

Quarentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrokitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@becauseimanerd: @quarentine:

Her attempt to disarm just led to a switch of hands, she'd have to take out that one to if she wanted to subdue the target. Thankfully being a cyborg she knew she wasn't as confined in her options. Meanwhile her acrobatics and athletism looked to serve her well as she dropped the opponent to a knee. Not quite the damage she wanted but slowing the enemy down was still profitable for her. While not a speedster or anything the ways she could move made her a rather swift opponent. Of course she was fighting a cyborg and so almost immediately a new weapon was shown. The knee cap opening and being an anime fan she knew what was coming and ran for the near by parking lot.

She kept tabs on the rocket by means of the heat of it's propulsion, and when she new only a breath of a moment it'd be on her she dropped into another slide. Moving like a base ball player about to finish that home run. Kit went under one car and then under another, as the rocket hit the first. A loud crash and an eruption of smoke and fire happend right behind and slightly above Kit. Thankfully the explosive yield was a bit smaller do to the size it was restrained to.

Rising she looked down to find shrapnel imbedded in her hand. "F*ck me." Adrenaline pumping in her veins she hadn't even noticed the pain at first. Once she saw the wound though now it hurt like hell. Two poping sounds followed, and she could immediately tell what she was dealing with thanks to her powers. Her ability to generate lightning was something she was working on, it was a difficult thing for her as was manipulating it. However the rush of combat worked in her favor as she put out her wounded hand and found she was able to catch the electric spheres sent her way. "Holly shit that worked?!" She was genuinely surprised more so then her opponent might ever be. Again though she reminded herself she had to stay focused. Leaping backwards she flung the energy back her target the right arm. How effective it'd be she didn't know but the less firepower against her the better. Landing on a car hood she went into a backflip using the car once more as cover should another round be coming her way.

She came to rest on a light post she needed to either close the gap or stay distant. The youthful pyromancer stuck with distance for the moment. Punching the light post a blast of fire split the rod in two it's light went out and launched upward. Keeping exceptional balance Kit kicked downwards flipping the rod over switched feet and kicked it again. The sharp end still glowing from the heat launched forward in a makeshift javalin. A spear looking to pin her opponent down, normally that'd of been excessive but she was dealing with a machine here.

With a moment to breath she could finally get caught up on everything. She first noticed smoke coming off the shrapnel in her hand. If not for her abilities she probably would of had her nervous system short circuited by that rifle of his. The shattered glass told her she'd just missed a sonic attack. Thankfully she was probably under a car around then. Good thing to as a loss of equilibrium would have been the worst thing for Catalina. Elias had shown up to the fight, she didn't know much about him at the time. He didn't come off as someone who wanted to hang around a teenager. Meanwhile Kit didn't bother looking into a file or anything as that felt intrusive to her. Still it was back up and considering she was apart of a team she was pleased to know someone else showed up to the scene.