Temporal_Hound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Temporal_Hound

No Caption Provided

Welcome to the Temporal Conflux, welcome to Cocytus. Spoken of mostly in myths and legends by the denizens of the Universe Cocytus is a world that rests atop a great rift in the fabric of space and time. The planet is constantly ravaged by ever changing waves of temporal energy and bombarded by radiation and constant climate change. Nothing is predictable on Cocytus and even the strongest fear to tread here. In the most persistent of legends it is whispered that the Time Siphons never really left their world and to go there is to plunge oneself into the most predatory culture in the whole of reality.

Time Siphons spread far across the universe during their rise to power and many ruled as Lords or Tyrants. Few held power for long, for the hunger of the Time Siphon is eternal and the need for chaos never ending. Those that rise to power often cast themselves down to see whole societies burn in the fire of chaos, such is the amusement of a Time Siphon.

None knows if Cocytus came into being in our universe or another, only that it should not exist at all. The constant stress of the ever changing environment and fluctuating temporal energy should have torn the planet to pieces many tens of thousands of years ago, yet here it rests, one side a raging inferno and the other a never ending field of ice. The land between changes daily and sometimes even by the hour. It is said by those with knowledge of such things that the ice half of the planet is not truly ice, but a planet touched by the End of Time when all stars have grown cold and life has left the universe. These same scholars also claim the fire side is nothing but a planet touched by the Beginning of Time, when all was fire and chaos.

The Time Siphons call the exact center of the planet The Temporal Conflux, the location where past and present collide and where all time swirls in an unending violence. This Conflux is where they have received much of their knowledge and philosophy. When one grows up seeing the power of time and the collision of realities, chaos seems the only way of life. Thus it is that order is like a disease to Time Siphons, law a pathogen that threatens the true and natural state of reality. Chaos is the ultimate purity, the way life was meant to be lived.

If one is bold enough to travel to Cocytus they will find approaching the planet difficult. Most forms of interstellar travel begin to break down as you grow closer to the hellish nightmare of the Conflux. Once a ship is in orbit it will be trapped until it is able to travel to the edge of the Cocytus system where its interstellar drives will function properly again. As a ship nears it is also buffeted by waves of time, small at first and ever larger until they form vast stellar tsunamis of temporal energy. These temporal waves are more frightening in appearance than effect, for the waves are short and the hulls of any reasonably constructed vessel will survive the bombardment but it does make for an unpleasant ride. Any crew foolish enough to attempt the use of Interstellar drives while inside one of these waves will be cast through time, perhaps lost forever on the sea of eternity.

The cold side of the planet is survivable to species that enjoy or ignore such temperatures but for everyone else it is best to travel their in an environmental suit of some form. The hot side will atomize such suits and only the most powerful or resistant of beings can travel here successfully. The Time Siphons have constructed numerous buildings on the cold side, entire cities and great towers that reach miles into the sky, each covered in sheets of white ice. Though many Time Siphons are said to live in the less stable middle portions of the planet, the ever changing conditions here have prevented them from constructing anything of value. It is also said that even Time Siphons born off world are drawn to Cocytus and will make a pilgrimage at some point in their life time. Whether the Time Siphons still live here or not the planet is the host of vast knowledge collected over tens of thousands of years. Here is stored the remnants of entire civilizations wiped out by the predatory nature of the Siphon.

Travel here if you dare, the experience might be greatly rewarding, who knows what knowledge could lie at your finger tips...but the universe may also never hear from you again...another victim of a temporal vampire.

Locations:

Castle Raeyn:

No Caption Provided

A towering monstrosity Castle Raeyn is the ancient home of the First Time Siphon. Built over the ruins of the previous civilization this castle is not half as useless as it appears. Castle Raeyn is a vast fortress built into a mountain. Its upper reaches are constructed of Temporal Stone, stone reinforced and coated with the temporal strands of the universe itself. Like Temporal Armor Castle Raeyn is self repairing and semi-sentient. The most fortified portions of the castle are built deep into the root of the mountain itself and from here one could command the defense of a vast empire. A tremendous array of computers and strange Temporal technology form a series of control rooms and other vital functions. Beyond these rooms are a labyrinth of tunnels, bunkers and vaults. The vaults are temporally locked so only someone capable of manipulating time can operate the locking device. Traveling through this castle is to travel through temporal anarchy, each room and tunnel appears to be from a different period of time, as if the castle were not assembled all at once but over centuries and its builder had no intention of matching one style of room with the next.

As the seat of power for the old Time Siphon Empire, this is where Raeyn held court. The throne room is comfortably large but has been overrun by plant life in the many thousands of years since the fall of the empire.

No Caption Provided

Rules:

All the usual stuff, plus don't break things without asking =).

If you do decide to travel here I'll be happy to interact with you, or you can interact with others and do as you see fit =). Consider it something of a play ground, but it can be dangerous, very dangerous.

Doctor_Burns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now if only I could go FTL to come here....

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice :-)

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now if only I had a space character....

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Going to stop here :)

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No pop-tarts to steal...does not like this place... :(

Avatar image for leonardo_liafador
Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zex may come

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of the architecture is Gothic. Lots of forlorn castles and towers. I'll add more images layer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep seeing the word coitus

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Pretty cool stuff.

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_:

Lol. One is the 9th level of hell the other makes children.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Temporal_Hound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I added some additional locations, will do more over time.

Will_Slaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always misread the title as 'Coitus'.

Temporal_Hound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will_Slaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@temporal_hound: Really? Kinda glad that I'm not the only one on whom their eyes are playing tricks.

Temporal_Hound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@will_slaughter:

It's an understandable mistake. This place is named for the 9th circle of hell, not a physical act =).

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TimeSiphon

@_vex_ @maverick_6@vocal@shanana@zeon_liafador

No Caption Provided

Time Siphon stood at the edge of a crevasse on Cocytus, the icy winds of time blowing at his cape. He adjusted his hat down over his eyes to block out some of the blazing light from above and adjusted his gaze down into the crevasse, the heart of the Conflux. To be any other species and look into the Conflux was to go mad but to a Time Siphon is was beautiful, pure chaos and a vital organ of the universe. Raeyn felt something tugging at his mind, the same thing he always felt when he looked into the Conflux. It whispered to him like it did to no other Siphons but he could never quite catch what it was saying. There was something, some sort of innate power that felt was simply not within his grasp currently. He looked up when he felt the presence of other Time Siphons and saw the rest of the Circle arriving. The First Siphon of the Circle of Nine had called a meeting for the first time in eight thousand years...and Raeyn wanted to know why.

The Circle consisted of the nine survivors of the original raid on Cocytus that eventually created the species. These were the nine original children, the most powerful of their kind and the most forward thinking. As the Circle gathered each member of the Circle reached out and coiled around the Temporal Lines of the others to assess their current power levels and determine some of the struggles they had recently been through. Raeyn made no action when he felt the contact and simply shrugged it off. If we could reach our peak power levels again, there's enough power just in the Circle to conquer the Universe. The animal inside of him crashed against its mental restraints.

Raeyn's eyes fell on the First Siphon of the Circle of Nine just as the eight others looked at them as well. Everyone waited to hear the reason for the summons. Raeyn noted that more and more Time Siphons were gathering, the call had gone out and now everyone was curious to see what was going on. The fact so many were able to gather on Cocytus confirmed what Raeyn had suspected for a long time now...the Temporal Hunters were a dying breed.

No Caption Provided

"We have a decision to make." The First Siphon of the Circle of Nine spoke up at last, making a gesture with his velvet gloved hand. Raeyn shook his head. You were always the absolute worst dresser of the lot of us. "Our species stands on a precipice, barely a third of our original number survives...and we all know who is to blame." He said, pointing directly at Raeyn. Raeyn blinked. "Raeyn was the first of our species but it has orchestrated our potential extinction, it told us the Time Siphons that survived would be better for the chaos, that we must become the pure chaos we have always strove for. Do you feel stronger?!" He asked, shouting it to all the hundreds of gathered Time Siphons. Some of them muttered and called back in agreement, as did half of the circle.

Oh my children, you don't think me unprepared do you? Just because my powers are currently weakened does not mean I am vulnerable. Is this what we want to do then? "Strength of character is not measured by the extent of one's powers." Raeyn said calmly. "If we are to survive the coming days we must have the fortitude of soul to do so. There are lean times coming, the days of powerful empires getting away with whatever they want have now passed. The powers that be in the space beyond Cocytus have grown strong over the millennia. There are entities as powerful as us, if not more so, that would see us destroyed if we step out of line again. We must be ready, we must STRIKE whenever we are prepared, not when our enemy is prepared." The word STRIKE was said with added emphasis for a purpose...it activated subroutines programmed into Raeyn's Temporal Armor.

"You are deluded Raeyn, your time has come to an end." The First Siphon stated. "It is now my time to lead our people, your Temporal Line will restore me to what I once was." Raeyn felt him coiling around his temporal line.

"There's something you should know." Raeyn said with a growing smile. "If you take the next step you will launch our species into a civil war far more destructive than anything I did to us. Are you willing to take that step? Shall we divide our family in the name of retribution?" He adjusted his hat with a grin. "Will you cast us into Dark Vengeance so easily?" Again Raeyn chose his words with purpose, none of the other Siphons would known the references, nor understand they were code words. Additional orders activated within the Temporal Armor. "My name is Raeyn, or have you forgotten?" The armor opened a temporal vault stored in one of its hidden access panels. Raeyn reached inside and put his fingers through the large loop of a key chain.

The First Siphon began the process of feeding on Raeyn, but it was far too late. The armor's first subroutines activated and broke the First Siphon's grip on Raeyn's Temporal Line through ancient secrets known only to Raeyn...the very same secrets used in the breeding of Temporal Hounds. Before he could respond Raeyn pulled the keychain form his pocket and held it aloft. The mutterings of a thousand Time Siphons fell instantly silent. "MY NAME IS RAEYN! I AM THE FIRST TIME SIPHON! I AM THE DEFENDER OF EARTH AND FIRST MISTRESS OF THE THOUSAND WORLDS OF RYTORUS!" Raeyn shouted for all to hear. "I TELL YOU THERE IS A CURE!" Five hundred of the thousand shouted back with words such as "Impossible!" or "That's a myth!" Raeyn smiled and leaped across the Conflux, grabbing the First Siphon by the neck. The man screamed in agony as Raeyn feasted on his Temporal Line, his body withered and turned to dust in moments. All hell broke loose.

But that comes later...

To be continued...