The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Then

During the battle at the "Horns of Hattin," a wounded member of the fabled Knights Templar sought refuge deep within the caverns of a nearby Volcano. Scared and alone he prepared for his death. However, the faint gleam of a nearby object propelled the Knight not to lose hope. After digging the object free from its rocky bed the Knight was surprised to find the object was in fact, a Key. Ancient Aramaic inscriptions lined the sides of the majestic looking Key rendering it unreadable.
Ancient Scroll
Ancient Scroll
Battle at the Horns of Hattin
Battle at the Horns of Hattin

After returning to Jerusalem the Knight would succumb to his injuries and die. But not before the Key  was sent to France where the Templar Grand Master, Jacques de Molay, deciphered the inscriptions. Much to his horror, the Grand Master discovered the true purpose of the Key. Which was in fact to unlock the armies of Hell and unleash an unspeakable evil upon the World. On Friday the 12, October 1307, just one day before the Templars would be betrayed by the Church and King, Molay broke the Key into five separate pieces and dispatched five of his best Knights around the World. Each one taking a piece. He then sat down and created a single Scroll detailing the Key, its power, and its destruction. The next day the Templars where arrested and the scroll as well as the Key's whereabouts where lost.
Jacques de Molay
Jacques de Molay

Now

After centuries of searching the globe for mystical artifacts, the illustrious Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club stumbled upon the lost Scroll of Jacques de Molay. Kept in a secret vault it rested waiting for the HFC to locate someone who could translate the coded scripture of the mysterious Templar Grand Master. Little did the HFC know their illustrious empire was about to be brought down. Betrayed by one of their own, Gambler, along with his Outlawz, systematically wiped out the HFC while re-establishing themselves as a force to be reckoned with. After emptying the vault the treacherous Cajun came across the Scroll and now holds the last written work of the Templar Knights. With the Ruler of Hell in his ear, Gambler and the Outlawz are set to embark on a dangerous mission to recover the five pieces of the Key and unleash Hell on Earth.
End of Times
End of Times

[This is a team Rpg for the Outlawz and Veritas. It will also be an Open Rpg meaning anyone can join]

Basic Rules Apply:
No God Moding
No Auto-Hits
Sell
And have fun

If you have questions you can ask them in the Ooc thread: (coming soon)

The basic plot:
The Outlawz are searching for five pieces that when joined together will create a key that unlocks Hell's army. But, just because your a villain doesn't mean you have to side with the Outlawz. Perhaps its in your, or your teams, best interest to stop the Outlawz thus teaming you with some unlikely characters (heroes and neutrals). Its your call.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

The fire crackled softly as she looked over the scroll before her. It had been a very long time since she had seen it, and had even been the one to suggest to Jacques of what to do about it. It had been no secret what she was to the Templar’s. And they had been even more wary of her because of her deep ties to Satan himself. De Malay did as she had suggested but instead of allowing her to take a piece of the key, he dispatched others with them. When she had found out she had been enraged, but it was to late. The Templar’s were arrested and the key was lost.

Until now. The scroll was before her now, and as the Ruler of hell she coveted the key that had been lost to her so many years ago. Of course back then she wanted to avoid hell on earth, now she craved what she could do as Ruler of all. Her armies in hell were strong, her demons and Fallen had been trained well by her grandfather, and now they did nothing but train.

She pulled the scroll closer to her and read, then looked up as someone shuffled into the room. Her eyes narrowed at the man in blue before her. She stood slowly and came around the desk that she had infiltrated.

“What do you want?”

“I want you to stop this.”

“Stop this? If I remember correctly you are the one who wanted this when the Key was hidden.”

“And you were the one who implanted the idea into Jacques De Molay’s head.”

“Things change, Vergil. I am Queen now. If you don’t like it then you can leave. I hold nothing over you.”

Vergil stopped pacing before Kiara and looked up at the magnificent woman he had once loved. The fire glinted in her hair, the deep ebony robe she wore still had the crosses of her past life, and the skin beneath it glimmered slightly as if water were frozen on her skin. He knew it was a sign of the power she held, the power that had once been used for good. It was that woman he had loved, not this creature who stood before him.

“I refuse to leave my own home.”

‘Then allow me to show you the door Vergil. All you have done is oppose me, your pissed because you never had the strength to defeat Final Arrow. Your angry that he passed hell onto me, and your angry that I am more powerful then you are and have taken another as my lover. It’s time you moved on. You are of no use to me any longer. Get out.”

“I refuse.”

“YOU refuse ME? You want to do it the hard way I see.”

Before Vergil could speak again Kiara was before him. The shadows deepened around them and climbed his body as she stood smiling before him. He could not move and that Made Kiara laugh, “Oh how you have fallen Vergil. You used to be the best, now you have grown soft in your old age.”

‘And you have grown ruthless.”

“Is there any other way to be as Queen of Hell? I have done what I must.”

“What about the promise you made Eve and Adam?”

The names from her past stopped her and for a moment sadness crawled around her and the shadows loosened their hold on him. He took the moment to reach out and touch Kiara’s shoulder, “You used to love the human Race, dearest. Now you condemn them to death because you want power.”

“Do not speak to me of Power Vergil. You who seek the ultimate power of his father.” In an instant she had turned and pulled her sword from its sheath. At the same moment Vergil broke free completely from the shadows and pulled his Yamato from its own sheath and the two sparked as they met. Both blades turned red as they scraped along each other and conducted the power from their wielders. But finally Kiara’s power override Vergil’s and his sword broke into a million pieces and shattered around them. The pieces rained down on them and nicked their skin. But Vergil’s face stared in horror as slowly his body split in half and fell to the floor.

“You should have left when I told you to, mon amour.”

For a moment she stared down at the body of her former lover and licked the blood that had splattered from him of her lips. Tiny cuts poured her own blood from the pieces of his yamato, but she held no regrets. She waved her hand and the scroll shot from the desk and into her hand. She stepped over Vergil’s lifeless body and left the room, and down the hall where the Outlawz would be waiting. The shadows seemed to follow her and the demons of hell flitted amongst the shadows, following their ruler and the person who would set them free.

Hayden Miles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hayden Miles

Hayden was in her lair playing a game of Human Chest, Her team was losing so far the humans were smarter than she thought, she continued to smile because Those who didn’t die in the game where killed by Hayden herself. One of the Pawns yelled up at her you’ll burn in hell! Hayden got off her high chair and yelled back down to him I CANT BURN IN HELL WHEN IT’S LEADER IS ON MY TEAM! The guy’s eyes shot open in fear as she stripped the oxygen from his body. She quickly grew tired of the game she extended her hand and fired a huge burst of intense light burning them on contact. She had been on the Run from the NWA for months not because she was scared but because she had other matters to tend to. Then one day an old ally came to her and asked her to once again be at his side, thus she once again came out of hiding. Hayden went down into the lower docks of her Lair, and picked up a book, the book made a hidden Door Slide back. A path was created and Hayden made her way down the stairs to her Water Vehicle and got inside. She set the coordinates for the outlaws HQ; she enabled her cloak so she wouldn’t have another run in with the coast guard or Mer-man. Her thrusters powered up and she zoomed off towards The HQ. She had heard Gambler and Kiara, talking about some ancient Scrolls with the Powers to unleash hell’s army. The topic instantly caught Hayden’s attention; she was always for little Chaos. Her Jet gliding right under the HQ and stopped, Hayden Dismounted and climbed the stairs; and entered a Room where the mistress of hell was currently residing.

She was holding some type of scroll; this must have been what Gambler was talking about. Hayden wasn’t a Religious person so she wasn’t exactly sure if Hell and Heaven even existed but if this woman who was currently in front of her was its leader, it must have been a terrible place. Hayden hated humans almost as much as they hated each other, she would give anything to see the world ridded of them. Hayden’s eyes Shifted to a man wearing blue that had entered the Room, Him and Kiara engaged in words. Hayden was interested in the talk she was more interested in the Scroll but apparently Kiara was the only person who could decipher it. Hayden’s eyes had swayed for a second and when she placed them back on Virgil she couldn’t tell which half of him was more sincere. Kiara had sliced him in Half; she then licked his blood and walked down the corridor towards, the meeting area. Hayden followed slowly behind her finally asking her something. “So how do we find the rest of these keys?, and how is it that they’ve been on this planet for such a long time and Know “superior being” have knowledge of them.” She said finally taking a seat in the room, with her eyes fixated on Kiara. She wasn’t really sure about Kiara, but she kept her senses up, she didn’t know if she was bitter from attacking someone she had once cared for, but she wasn’t going to be next. Hayden knew not much of hell and sirens and horns and jubilation, but she did know that the bible said that Good would triumph over evil; but that was supposed to take place once the savior came back, How could good triumph evil if evil launched a Pre emptive strike?

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By shanana

Sha was sleeping she was now back in her comfortable bed at the Love HQ, she was sound asleep, That is until  she saw a vision of a man drenched in mid-evil chain mail, with a blue aura surrounding him. Sha got theses visions often she was in charge of the eastern part of the shadow Realm, everyone knows the soul goes to either Heaven or Hell, but the shadow the person cast goes into this realm, and Sha had dominion over this particular Part. Sha looked at him and then asked WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT! The shadow kept yelling SCROLLS AND KEYS! Sha had absolutely no idea what the man was talking about. He just kept floating and mumbling, finally Sha got out her bed and activated her watch, and she pressed a red button on the side of it, which brought up the year 1307 in earth years. She scrolled through the time periods until she got one of interest. Sha read through the info and found out what the keys meant, however she didn’t know anything about scrolls. Sha didn’t want to wake the rest of her team but she would call someone who seemingly never slept. She picked up the phone but she then thought about it and decided to just go in person, it had been awhile since she had seen Kurrent, They went their separate ways after she left Mobb deep. He created and became the leader of Veritas Inc, Sha went to become the leader of the KAS and now LOVE. Sha placed on her old red and blue uniform, and took off towards the VERITAS HQ. She landed right outside their HQ and knocked on the door, while she was waiting for someone to answer her cell phone rang it was her mother Sierra. HELLO..MOM LISTEN TO ME..DO YOU REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT SOME KEY’S DURING THE 14 EARTH CENTURY? MAYBE SOME SCROLLS? Her mother replied no and then began speaking to her about some movement in the kingdom of hell, WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE DEMONS ARE REJOICING? As she was talking the door to the Veritas Opened and Sha awaited for current to come down stairs or any Veritas member, this info needed to be shared, because the fight between good and evil was about to take a turn for the worse. Sha knew that since these’s keys dealt with hell Kiara was already locating them, which also meant the hero’s where a stepped behind. Sha knew that if Kiara was behind it then That also lead to Gambler, she didn’t know if Batgirlbabs had been in on it to, stuff like this didn’t seem like her forte. Sha’s mind couldn’t possibly think of what the key’s meant, she also couldn’t understand what her mother meant by the demons were rejoicing, she let then thoughts sauté in her mind. It was useless She needed a more powerful thinker, to help her with the subject, and that mind was current.

Mer-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Mer-Man

The sound of gulls cooing over the ocean could be heard in the distance, and on a small dock on the coast of Bermuda, sat Francis Tucket, the hero known as Mer-Man. He was deep in thought. After the breakup of Ice Dragons, Francis didn’t feel like he belonged much at all. It was his home, and his family had all parted their ways. His brother, the hero known as Cryo-Wolf, was in Greece, talking to their father, Poseidon, god of the ocean. He had been sent there to receive a message of imminent danger from another world, one with the power to engulf all that was good and replace it with evil, and there was no doubt who was responsible for it all, Gambler. After betraying his own team, and resurrecting the Outlawz, his agents had been seen all of the world… searching for something. This is what had brought him to Bermuda in the first place, but the lead on the Outlawz agent turned out to be false, a wild goose chase, most likely planned to scatter the heroes across the globe. Francis sighed at the failure of the mission.

He heard bubbles under the water and what appeared to be a woman came up to the surface. It was Zora, Francis’ fiancée. His anguish turned to happiness and he couldn’t help but smile as he saw her, and the sunlight reflecting off of her blue, scaly body. “Any luck on the agent?” Francis said in a hopeful tone, like a child hoping to get the present he wanted for Christmas.

“No luck. He either got away…. Or just never even existed.” Francis let out a deep sigh again. They had to have him. He knew what they desperately needed to know and possibly the fate of the entire world depended on that information.

He jumped from the dock into the water, his legs changing to a fin as he did so. He hugged Zora tightly. “It’s alright, something will come up. Scott is in Olympus now, getting the message from my father now. He should be here soon.”

“Yeah if it’s not too late…” Zora said. She was worried, and Francis didn’t want to admit it or outwardly show it, but he definitely was too. Whatever the Outlawz were looking for was a great danger to them all, surface and ocean dwellers. He had to think clearly, no one would benefit from them panicking. “Alright, I’m going to go towards Olympus and meet Scott, if we’re lucky, we’ll meet each other halfway and….” Jus then a giant wave was seen in the distance, and it was heading for them at incredible speed. Riding it, was a creature, the size of a man, but covered in brown fur. It was Scott, and he was just in time.

The wave had slowed to a minor ripple in the water by the time it had reached them, and there was the werewolf, treading water right in front of them. He was excited, but Francis wasn’t even sure why. The entire Earth could be approaching imminent doom and they were powerless to stop it, especially because they had no idea how it was supposed to happen. Nevertheless, Scott had a smile on his face, and his razor sharp canines were visible. “I’m back,” he said, blowing wet wolf fur out of his eye. “Any luck on the agent?”

“Well uh…” Francis stammered. “We’re still looking” Zora answered, saving him once again from humiliation of his older brother.

“Well none of that matters right now anyway.” Scott said, still excited. “Get this, I talked to Poseidon and he said that the Outlawz are looking for a key that will unleash the armies of Hell. Isn’t that great?”

“Um…Yay?” Francis and Zora were both confused, not knowing how this was a remotely good thing. “But wait how does he know…. Oh right, he’s a god, nevermind”

Cryo smacked his paw like hand to his wet, fur covered forehead. “Don’t you get it? We know what they’re after now. We actually have a chance of stopping them. All we need to do is find the pieces of the key before they do. Simple Task.”

“Nice,” Francis said “…. But uh… where are the keys.”  Scott just stared at him. Francis and Zora could tell he was thinking. Cryo began, “Uhh… well the key was first hidden in Europe and broken into pieces. Dad told me there was one off the Irish coast. It was onboard an English ship that sunk during the Spanish armada. It should still be there off the Irish coast I guess you should start there. In the mean time, I need to settle some family business back at Olympus. You know how to reach me.” With that, Cryo dove underwater and headed northeast back to Greece.

“Ooo I’ve always wanted to visit Europe.” Zora said in the thick Australian accent of her homeland. “Well what are we waiting for?” She nudged Francis with her elbow. The two blue mer people dove beneath the surface and made their way to the Irish coast.

Function

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Function

"Forgive me lord, for i have sinned" a sharp gust of wind lifted the man from the ground and sent him hurtling across the room, his body bouncing of the rock hard wall. Function made his way across the room, the self proclaimed future moved rows and rows of benches that were in his way, one by one they moved across the air and broke upon impact with the ground, some only splinttered while others shattered into many pieces from the force in which they were being sent across the room. Making his way towards the fallen man, who was slowly trying to get up but every time he tried his body failed what his mind was telling him to do. Crunch, crunch, the sound of wood breaking under his boots as he neared the man. "Now father...........Pierre is it, i was never good with names, it is Pierre right" a sinister grin only known to devils swept across the face of Function. "I told you, i  know othing about this key" a voice filled with such desperate needs for his life, only when a man nears death does he finally see and show his true self. "Father you dissapoint me, my sources tell me differently........now you must no something no" violent outbursts of screams echoed around the church, as the priests body was cut by sharp gusts of air.

Standing beneath the man who began to prey to his god as the cuts became deeper and deeper, blood leaving each wound, seaping like the juices from a fruit. Drip after drip hit the floor, with each impact it bounced back to the air and settled back to earth. The man's cries to a god that showed no sign of saving him was a sympthony to the ears of Function, with each word the man spoke the more the tone of his voice was filled with lost hope, realizing before it was to late that this god would not show and when the gates of hell are opened he would not show, there is no god, he abandoned the human race along time ago. "Now father are you going to tell me or should i carry on showing you there is no god" bringing the priest back to earth, his body so weak he was forced against his own will to bow infront of a man who had made him challenge his own faith. "Rome its all i know" getting to a knee Function put his arms around the man and embraced him in a hug, slowly the air from the man's lungs began to leave him, his body began to struggle but the grip was to tight. "Shhhhhhhhh father it will all be over soon" it only took about 30 seconds but Function let go of the man and left him laying there dead a broken man.

So his original source had brought him here and now it only led him to another source and another location. The path to finding these key's was more like a maze and there seemed to be more dead ends then get outs. This source had told him to go to Rome but would that lead to the key or just another dead end. Leaving the church by the side door Function walked down the alley way, shining lights and a shimmering moon surrounded by glowing stars lit the night sky, Paris France such a glorious place that tonight had been filled with sin. Making his way to his car Function got in. Taking out his cell phone and dialing the number, a number that only asked for another number, then a voice identification. "Leave a message great.................Gambler it wasnt here, a new source tells us to go to Rome" Function hung up the phone and took of driving towards the airport.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Forever

He sat like stone.  His hands were steepled before his face.  His mind racing.  His eyes dark empty pools, taking in everything.

He was once a son whose father had failed him.  Once a brother who had failed his sibling.  Once a hero who failed a friend.  Once a god who failed a galaxy.  Now nothing but a monster.

It had left him changed.  No feelings.  No emotions.  A hole where his heart should be.  And every moment he lived this way drew him further into an abyss he could find no escape from.  Would he escape it if he could?  Would he even care to try?

But he remembered feeling.  He remembered it with some interested detachment that could at best be described as curiosity.  But he still had one emotion and it was amplified as if it were a substitute for all that he had lost.  He kept it in check.  He kept it locked down deep inside.  For when he let it out it consumed him.  Overwhelmed him.  Drove him to distraction and burned like some unquenchable conflagration that would overtake the world.

He turned his mind away from that and to what lay before him.  He sat in a room in his HQ with his teammates.  Some he had known for a long time.  Some he barely knew.  He wondered why they were here.  He knew it had something to do with the occult.  He knew that Kiara was behind this meeting and where she tread there was nothing but hellfire and brimstone.  He watched her enter the room, followed closely by Hayden.  Soon things would be revealed.

He watched the two of them walk.  They made quite a pair.  One the queen of hell, the other a sadistic alien.  Both beautiful.  Both disturbing.  Both members of his team.  Some might fear them.  Maybe even some of the others on the team did.  Forever did not.  What does a monster fear?  Nothing but himself.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Standing silently in the background, Gambler watched as Kiara studied the lost Scroll of Jacques de Molay. The low flickering light from the fireplace illuminated half his face revealing an unshaven chin. A clear sign of many sleepless nights. After faking his own death the Cajun had recruited a collection of villains and gone underground. Now with the discovery of the scroll unlimited power was within their grasp. Kiara’s ever present companion Virgil, had also made his way into the study while voicing his disapproval. Gambler subtly shook his head as he listened to the persistent  moaning of the white haired demon. A move that would cost him his life. As if plagued by insanity the once loyal Virgil and the Queen of Hell clashed swords. While locked in a brief stalemate the Ninjeta warrior arrived just in time to witness the gruesome death of Hell’s Captain.  

Kiara, seemingly un-phased by the event, retrieved the Scroll before proceeding down the long corridor towards the conference room. Silence befell  them as both Hayden and Gambler followed Kiara making sure to keep their distance. Hayden was the first to speak as the trio entered the room. Her hatred and distain for all things human resonated in her voice.

“So how do we find the rest of these keys?, and how is it that they’ve been on this planet for such a long time and Know “superior being” have knowledge of them.”

Gambler rested his dual revolvers on the table before taking his seat. It was a legitmet question. After all, there where creatures and gods all over the Vine Universe. How was it that the Templar’s where able to hide such a powerful object and keep it secret. It was a question the Cajun didn’t have an answer for.

“Dat I do not know chere. But I can tell you dis. Dat Scroll will lead us to the five missing pieces, and it wont be easy. No doubt Kurrent and others have already uncovered our plot and will stop at nothing to prevent us from unifying dee Key.”

It was at this moment that the self proclaimed King of Kings noticed one of, if not thee most intelligent members of the team seating silently taking everything in. Forever was a riddle wrapped in an enigma. But Gambler trusted him with his life. A powerful long range weapon, he was a much needed addition to the team. A curveball that Veritas would not be expecting nor be ready for.

“Tis good to see you again old friend. It has been far to long.” smirked Gambler “As we speak, Function is tracking down one of the five pieces in . I believe, and the Scroll will no doubt confirm dis, that the five missing pieces reside in Europe, South America, Africa, Asia, and finally, . Soon we will have the exact locations of each piece. And then……….we burn dee World.”

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kurrent

Every major city in the world has one. They can be the biggest pain in your ass, or they can help you out when things around the world happen that you just can't explain. They have been called many things through out the years but Kurrent likes to call them "Stoolies". They are demon scum, the lowest of the low. They are so bad that hell itself doesn't even want them but when a demon is exiled hell they lose most of their power are aren't really worth a damn to anyone. So what they is trade information on current activity in their world that only people that ask hard enough can get the answer to.

Harlem

In front a Chinese Dim Sum restaurant was Kurrent in a hood jacket waiting patiently, he had been trailing the local Harlem Stoolie for the last hour. Every couple of mothns he would come to this guy to get some useful information. He was the best Stoolie their was which really wasn't saying much but he knew his stuff. When the Stoolie walked out he had a take out bag in his hand and slowly began to walk. He was about 15 yards away from Kurrent and quickly he noticed him. Dropping his bag he took off and ran into an ally and Kurrent not wanting to lose his chance chased him back there. When the demon saw he had nowhere to run to and the alley was a dead end he screamed Dammit knowing that Kurrent was behind him.

"Why are you running from me  Praxos" said Kurrent in an annoyed tone. "Easy, easy I don't got anything for you today man and out here I'm Peter" the stoolie said while his voice shook. "Then why did you run". Looking around with a frightened expression he replied "Come on man I can't give you nothing right now" . Quickly growing impatient the Electric Ace forcefully grabbed Praxos and slammed him into the brick wall on the side and  said with aggression "The Vatican has increased security higher then ever before, churches are starting to hire hunters to protect the ground, something is going on and if you don't tell me what it is Hell is going to seem like Disney World once I get done with you". With his eyes opened wide and a pale look on his face Praxos spoke "Ok Ok for Arrows sake, I'll tell you what I know, It has something to do with the Key of the Templar. " What is that" Kurrent asked. "Its the key to hells most powerful army but the thing is The Queen doesn't have it but word is it has become priority number one""If she is the queen can't she override that and control the army anyway""It doesn't work like that, this key is even older than I am, back when rules meant something, and it will only work if you read the incantation of the ancient scroll"  answered Praxos. "Well how has the scroll and how can I find the Key""I don't know"  "Now is not the time to get stupid on me, who has the scroll and where is the key" said Kurrent while punching the brick wall with his hand laced in electricity on the side of his face "ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, the key was broken up into five pieces but I only know where one of them is, you get it, you can stop hell on earth""Well.........where is it" "Its in the tomb of Christoper Columbus he was buried with one of them" "If you lying to me Praxos I'm going to Fu@K you up" "Come on do I look like the type guy that would lie"

Giving him a strange look Kurrent let him go and hand him an envelope with two thousand dollars in it and began to walk away. After taking a few steps he realized that Columbus had two seperate tombs one in the Dominican Republic and one in Spain. He turned around to clear it up but Praxos was gone. He then took his watch off of silent mode and noticed that the Statue of Liberty's silent alarm was tripped. Quickly he set it to where the camera in the HQ was displayed on his watch. When he zoomed in he say Sha and spoke into his watch that connected to the HQ's PA as well as all the other Veritas member watches.

"Long time no see Sha, Sorry I wasn't there to meet you but Hells Army is about to be unleashed and I kinda need to get to the Dominican Republic fast. If your looking for some action get with one of the Veritas guys and head to Spain, Columbus's tomb to be exact. You'll be looking for a piece of the Key of Templar. If you find it contact me immediately and protect it with everything you got the world depends on it"

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Slinger

Bagpipe's music filled the air of the sylvan Cape Cod cemetery. A white casket with a crimson red cross was lowered slowly into the ground and James Burgess watched as his grandfather was put to his eternal rest. The hero Slinger's grandfather was a ranking officer in the Order of the Knights Templar, a great Holy warrior who had been the model for the junior knight's entire adult life. Now, with him gone, Slinger had never felt more alone. Memories flooded the young Templar knight's head. Memories of the man who had been his mentor since he was just a boy. He recalled the first time he stumbled upon his grandfather's secret double life, and how ever since he had never wanted anything else but to one day be a part of that noble society. He thought regretfully of how he wasn't there in his grandfather's final moments because of some business with the Justice Lords that had amounted to nothing but death and destruction, though he knew above all else there was no one in this world or beyond that would better understand the pressures of duty. Slinger peered down into the open grave and dropped a single white lily that landed gently, accompanied on top of his grandpa's coffin by countless others form other mourners that had been touched by the man's life. After saying his final farewells, and passing on his regrets to his family that he couldn't stay any longer, after all, duty called, Slinger turned and began his lonely retreat from the verdant field.

Slinger got into a black Lincoln that had been waiting for him, ready for the lonely drive back to New York, and Veritas headquarters. He was surprised to find a man inside waiting for him inside, he wore the tell tale white collar of a priest, but also had a small lapel, the same red cross that was on his grandfather's casket, one that Slinger wore often as well, the symbol of the Templar Knights. "Sir James," the man spoke with a purpose, he didn't mince words, "your grandfather was a great man, largely important to the Order." He handed Slinger an envelope, "He wanted me to give you this if anything happened to him." The man put his hand on the younger knight's shoulder in an attempt to comfort him, he had obviously known Slinger's grandfather well. Then as suddenly as he appeared the man was gone.

Slinger stared at the letter for a moment, Contemplating what his master's final instruction would be, then finally took a deep breath and carefully broke the seal on the envelope. He was surprised by what he found.

Dear James,

If you are reading this, it means that I have fallen. Cheer up lad, I'm with the angels now. The reason I'm leaving you this note is that I have one more assignment for my best squire. In my house, behind my large bookcase there is a safe, you already have the key to it. Inside the safe is an artifact, one that I am entrusting to you. It is part of a key that has been under the protection of the knights for many generations. It is imperative that you not allow this item to fall into the wrong hands, if you do it could spell armegeddon. It is a heavy burden you will carry from now on my boy, but I know you can do it. I love you son, and I will be watching.

Your Loving Grandfather,
                                                                                                                                            John Flynn

Slinger wondered what his grandfather meant by him already having the key, but decided that he should make haste to his old home to try to find more information.

It was a short trip from the graveyard. Slinger pulled into the driveway and quickly made his way through the familiar house to his grandpa's study. Most of his things were packed into boxes, being prepared to be handed down to his huge family, the bookshelf was empty. Slinger pulled it aside, and just as his grandpa promised, there was a large safe behind it with a familiar indentation. James immediately recognized the small void and drew his sword. He carefully placed it where it fit perfectly into the opening in the face of the safe and the door slowly swung open revealing its contents. Inside was a tiny black object on a fine silver chain, accompanied by an ancient looking scroll. Slinger picked up the object and put it around his neck, then unrolled the scroll, it was written in Latin. The scroll described what the fragment was, and Slinger read it horrified. He put the scroll away in a safe place, then he put a call in to his teammate. "Kurrent. This is Slinger, I'm on my way back to the HQ. I'll be back in a few hours. I've just come across something very disturbing, I'll tell you everything I know on the way."

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Forever

His eyes drifted towards Gambler, his old friend, as he slipped into the room just a little behind the girls.  Gambler had earned his trust and the two had stuck together many a time.

“Tis good to see you again old friend. It has been far to long.” smirked Gambler “As we speak, Function is tracking down one of the five pieces in . I believe, and the Scroll will no doubt confirm dis, that the five missing pieces reside in Europe, South America, Africa, Asia, and finally, . Soon we will have the exact locations of each piece. And then……….we burn dee World.”

He smiled reflexively, “The thought intrigues me my old friend.  Seeing this power in action… that would be something worth seeing in this cold empty universe.  Seeing what it does and how it does it, perhaps I can learn another secret men were not meant to learn.”

He sat his hands flat on the table, his eyes taking in the other three at the front of the room.  It was a large conference room.  Gambler was at the head of the table while Forever sat near the foot.  Paintings of the members hung from the walls.  Members who were on the team now and members who had been on the team before but were no longer.  Memories flickered across his mind like film dancing across a white screen.  They had worked for the highest bidder once.  They were mercenaries who lent their powers to whatever cause could pay their price.  But now they were something else.  Burning the world?  Who would want to?  But then again, who would care if it did burn?  It had always been a cesspool.  Even when they had called him a hero he had known this.  He had fought a losing battle like a child trying to keep the tide from stealing his sand castle away.  The fight had drained him but he had never tired, never ceased his attempts.  He even went out to space to secure the safety of his world.  That’s where he had lost his humanity.  When he had become what he was.

“Burn the world?” he asked Gambler, his voice distorting with a deep resonance that seemingly shook the conference room.  “Why not?”

Ex Machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ex Machina

Ryan was a thief. A no good, low down thug with a talent for going unnoticed. Right? Wrong. Nothing is ever that simple, especially in the shadows that he knew so well. He did it for the money, he did it to run from himself, he did it to feel alive and he'd do it until he was dead. He would do it for anyone who could afford it. Hell, he might do it even if they couldnt. Just find him a reason as good as money. In a world like this you just had to poke around enough and you might just find that reason. But it could end up getting you killed. But he wasn't working for anyone but himself tonight. Nobody would take the risk with who he was going to steal from.

The young man looked up at the building and smirked slightly. Getting in wasn't going to be a problem. With a flick he put his hood up, the fold of fabric throwing his face into shadow. He wore simple clothes, dark, but not black. Only amateurs wore black. Even in the darkest night black showed up. The smart thief wore grey, or dark blue. Around his neck hung a few pendants and lucky charms as well as a respirator mask of his own design. Only an idiot didn't have a contingency plan and it was his. A quick check told him that he had all of the equipment that he needed for the job at hand. Without a sound he merged into the darkness, moving with ease up to the wall of the building that housed his target. The hellfire club had been a collection of the most powerful men and women on the planet, with a fortune to match. Ryan had made off with more than he could count from their coffers and display cases. But the Hellfire club was gone now. All dead. Thanks to a mysterious group of villains called the Outlawz. It was a sad fact that every man had his price and nothing would ever be a secret for long. It hadn't cost him much to find out who had taken out his favorite target. The only question that remained was what the group had done with the vast treasures of those they had eliminated.

Breaking into a sprint the agile thief jumped towards the building, his feet slapping onto the old stone and sticking thanks to his smart-shoes. Another invention that had proved invaluable in his life of crime. Moving quickly he ran up the side of the building, moving quickly to minimize the time he had to spend exposed. Reaching a second story window he crouched and went to work with his tools, opening it and slipping inside before he was noticed. He paused for a few moments by the window, out of the light, to make sure he was undetected before moving stealthily through the corridors. The decor was old and would not have looked strange if it was lit by candles or gas lamps, which in many places it was. He filled his bag as he went, choosing only the most expensive items and storing them in his messenger bag which was slung over one shoulder. Twenty minutes passed and still he had not found the vault. He guessed that it was lead lined or otherwise protected, as his scan of the building had turned up nothing. But he knew its general location.

“What do you want?”

“I want you to stop this.”

The voices caught his attention as he passed the door of a room which had been left open a crack. Taking a peek through he saw a richly furnished room, lit by a roaring fire in which a man and a woman were arguing. Intrigued he paused and listened to their conversation. They quickly came to blows, with the man being cloven in half by the womans sword. Ryan instantly knew he was out of his depth. He could hold his own in a fight, but a thief did not relish direct confrontation and judging by the speed and power of the woman there was a reason for that. She lifted a scroll seemingly by magic and moved towards the door, spurring a second man to follow her. Ryan recognized Gambler, who was looking surprisingly good for a dead man.

Sliding into the darkness just in time to avoid detection as another woman arrived and the three of them swept away down the corridor, leaving the body to lie where it had fallen. Cursing his curiosity, Ryan followed at a distance. Moving as quickly and quietly as a owl's shadow. They entered a large hall where they met other members of the Outlawz, for that was who Ryan presumed the group was and started a discussion. Slipping unobtrusively into the room he skirted around them in the darkness, listening to what transpired. In the better light of this new room he was able to recognize the face of the woman who had been arguing. Kiara. The queen of hell. They had met before, but only fleetingly. The others he didn't know.

They talked about plots, scrolls and  Kurrent, a man who was know by reputation to Ryan. None of it made much sense to the thief. But the last thing said by the Cajun sent chills down his spine.

And then……….we burn dee World.

Things had just got a lot more complicated

Hayden Miles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hayden Miles

Hayden looked back at Gambler and then over at Kiara, her eyes then shifted to forever who had just entered the room, She noticed Gambler placed his weapons on the table, his mind ran rampant trying to Process the question Hayden had presented. Finally Gambler spoke: “Dat I do not know chere. But I can tell you dis. Dat Scroll will lead us to the five missing pieces, and it won’t be easy. No doubt Kurrent and others have already uncovered our plot and will stop at nothing to prevent us from unifying dee Key.” Hayden looked a little weary eyed at him and then Gambler spoke to Forever, The Way Forever greeted Gambler made Hayden believed that had huge respect for each other.  Gambler spoke again.“Tis good to see you again old friend. It has been far to long.” smirked Gambler “As we speak, Function is tracking down one of the five pieces in Europe. I believe, and the Scroll will no doubt confirm dis, that the five missing pieces reside in Europe, South America, Africa, Asia, and finally, America. Soon we will have the exact locations of each piece. And then……….we burn dee World.”

Hayden watched as they exchanged words she had been on Ninjeta when this time period was going on she had to be like 5 at that time, So the thought of an army that could raise utter chaos caused her to smile. She begin to walk towards the Picture of herself hanging over she placed her hand on the face and then smiled. She then made a motion towards Gambler and forever as if she was leaving, but before she exited she turned to Gambler and Kiara. “IF YOU GUYS ENCOUNTER SHA….KILL HER!” Hayden threw up the peace sign and headed to where she parked her water jet, before she left another man entered he looked like he didn’t belong there but Hayden paid him no mind. she pressed a button on the side of her watch and watched the glass top opened. Up, she then pressed a button on her watch and used it as a link back To the outlaws HQ and Informed The team: WELL I’M ON MY WAY TO ISTANBUL it was ONCE THE CAPITAL OF THE BYZANTIZE EMPIRE, THOUSANDS OF HOLY RELICS LAY THERE, I’M PRETTY SURE I’LL FIND A KEY IN THE TOMB OF EMPEROR CONSTINTINE. With that said she powered up her thrusters and headed for the Eastern Europe, via the Meditaraian Sea, she knew once she got around the Dead Sea she was going to have to make the trip by air because of the salt. Hayden raised her eyebrow, she was right below an American submarine; she placed her cloak on to hide from sonar readings. After about a 7 hour drive she arrived on the shore of the Gaza Strip, she left her jet and then began flying through the air, since Hayden was in the Middle East, she had a chance to see humans fighting against each other’s she smiled at them and said to herself. “YES…FIGHT….SOON..VERY SOON…YOU ALL WILL BE FIGHTING…..TO LIVE. She sped towards Istanbul, the capital of modern day Turkey.

The city was marvelous, she looked around and saw numerous holy artifacts, but there was one where she just knew the key was hiding. The legendary Haga Sophia, it was once a Christian church, which turned into a mosque after that ottoman Turks Sacked the Byzantine Empire. Hayden entered the Mosque during Prayer time. They people looked up at her and she gazed back at them. “THE SHIELD OF CONSTINTINE WHERE IS IT!” Legend has it that the mighty emperor saw a vision of the cross that Jesus had died on, so he painted his shield with a red cross, and instructed his soldiers to do it as well; needless to say he won the battle without a single man being killed. Hayden was getting annoyed that no one was speaking up, she walked to a man and grabbed him with her hand pressed against his head. She then spoke in her native language; the Ninjan language could be recognized by all Middle Eastern nations:

Then men got up off their feet and began pointing, one man yelled in English, YOU AMERICAN TYRANTS! Hayden smiled again said to him I’M NOT AMERICAN BUT I WILL EXERCISE MY RIGHT TO STEAL YOUR LIFE! Hayden walked over to him and kicked him dead in the balls. She continued walking towards the back and saw the glass that the Shield of Constantine was contained in. she broke it and opened the slit in the shield as the massive key came out. She used that key to open a compartment in the floor. The floor contained what she had come for the massive key of templar, she phoned in to function and the others. KEY NUMBER 2 HAS BEEN SECURE I’M ON MY WAY HOME! She knew she was going to run into some trouble, so she swallowed the key, even if someone killed her the key would be safely implanted in her stomach, “pocket” out of reach from her acidic bile. She walked back through the mosque and said to the people: HAVE A NICE DAY and she flew back towards the Gaza Strip.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Purgatory.......

Five small demons with skin as red as rubies and eyes as blue as sapphires had all congregated around a large gate, the gate was tall and golden, embedded with pearls and other assorted jewels, accented with trails of silver and diamonds. A majesty in it's own right,  Standing directly to the left of that gate was a five foot tall wooden sign. Contrast to the beauty and sheer artwork that the gate was, this was just a wooden sign, carved with the words "Welcome to Purgatory" upon it however. The first Demon hopped over to the gate, shrugging his shoulders as he turned behind him to see his friends, his hand shaking and trembling as he knocked on it's edges.......without response. So once more, the demon's fist met the edge of the gate....knocking again but once more to no avail.

"You sure he's here?" Asked one of the hellspawns

"Yeah, He's always here....unless he's up doing his assassin job or whatever it is he does"

"Well, Where the F#ck is he?" Said one of the demons

Before one of the others could begin his sentence, the gates flew open, a few small volcanoes erupting hellfire and lava from the rocky ground beneath there feet. The creatures eyes widening as from the shadows, a man stepped forth and when he did, the room became pale and darker than ever before. A Paladin white cloak flowing behind him, a cresent moon his chest and a pentagram on his left glove. "Good evening Hellspawns" His dark voice whispered as he stepped to his throne, barely lifting his finger to his call on one of the creatures to get him a class of wine. "Now, What brings you to Purgatory?"

"The key!"

"The key? Jesus, Be more explanatory than that!"

"Theknightstemplarhidthekeythatopensthegatesofhellandnowkiaraandtheoutlawzaretryingtofindallthemissingpiecesaaaaaaaand...."

BLAM, The sound of a bullet piercing the skull of the fast talking demon resonated through the room as blood spilled all over the white floor. "Do you four even understand what the F#ck he's on about?" Asked Drift as he set down the smoking gun. The third one set Drifter's wine beside him before shaking his head "No". "Now, Why are you really here? And if one you says something about a key I swear to god....I'll mother f#cki---"

"Wait" Interupted one of the demons, "It is about a key! BUT PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME!" The demon shouted, closing his eyes as he trembled in fear. Sighing, Drifter took his seat and looked at them all once more.

"Explain about this key"

"Kiara Sullivan is queen of hell, and she has recently teamed up with Gambler and more unknown assassins, they're growing not only in power....but in numbers and with Kiara's magic at there disposal along with The cajuns ability to round up troops as he does, It is unevitable that they're planning something. Us four only heard part of the conversation, The demon you just killed knew the whole conversation but did'nt have the attention span of a humming bird" Exclaimed one of the more well spoken creatures.

"Then why did you come to me? Did you not read the sign? This is'nt Hell, This is Purgatory. Hell does'nt concern me"

"We want to join you"

"So..........You went against the Queen for me? That my friend is betrayl. Now, here's your problem, You gave me the information before you told me you wanted to join me. Had you asked to join Purgatory's side before you told the story, you would have use but you've already told your story....so you and all of your little friends are as disposable as dirt"

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

"Hell does not concern me, but Kiara and Gambler's assassins do"

Turning to his glass of wine, he took off a slug of it before standing up and going to earth. He needed answers and no one would stand in his way.

Avatar image for the_wondering_spider
The Wondering Spider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam Wright was on a very important mission in a unknown location, even unknown to the military and Veritas Inc. (radio interference) “Attention all great American shoppers, register nine is now open, register nine.”  (resume music) Adam sighs after the announcement and grabs two boxes of cereal, he had a tough choice to make either buy the special K or Reeses pop cereal. Adam looks at both boxes, the boredom is almost written on his face while he shop his groceries, he drops the special K on the cart and place the Reeses box on the special K section. Adam then pushes the cart and keeps walking picking things along the way.

Meanwhile Sammy is at the Loners night club gathering information of the apparent new world threat. The Spider’s personal assistance was listening to the team’s conversation and writing it on her laptop while the teammates speak making a full report to the so call super hero in the grocery store to be updated on the situation as soon as she locate him. Sammy leans back n her chair thinking while looking at the ceiling, she then looks at her clock and sighs, “ Who am I kidding, that knuckle head wont be coming here.” Sammy gets up from the chair and grabs her jacket, she then closes her laptop and seals it on its briefcase. Sammy then walks out the door.

“I guess I’ll have to get him again.”  

Back at the Great American supermarket.

Adam pushes the cart to his Lincoln navigator and opens the back door and place all the groceries on the back seat. Adam  then pushes the cart to the side and makes a mild lap around the Navigator and get on the driver seat then switch it on and drives out of the supermarket parking lot.

Back to Sammy.

Sammy arrives at Adam’s apartment building, she riders around the parking lot but is full only one spot is empty Adam’s reserve spot. Sammy place the SUV on reverse and parks it on Adam’s spot, she then switch the SUV off and waits for the irresponsible hero.

Ten minutes later Adam arrive at the parking lot and notice Sammy on her spot waiting having her pit-bull face on. “Oh-boy, what now?” Adam ask himself while he parks right in front of Sammy’s SUV. Sammy then open her door and walk out the SUV and approach Adam’s window and the talking and complaining begins.

Adam: Sighs

Sammy: Where have you been? Do you know that while you supposedly make your groceries the world is about to go to hell?”

Adam: I was at the store, besides if the world is going to hell why didn’t you call me?

Sammy: first of all is been four hours, and second I call you like twenty times and you didn’t answer it, why is that?

Adam: No, you didn’t don’t lie Sammy I have my phone right he…

Adam checks the phone and he had 23 missed calls and Eleven messages.

Adam: Oh! Yea, I forgot I turn off the phone every night in case there is a emergency.

Sammy then looks at him confuse and ask: How would that work in a emergency?

Adam: I get my sleep and spider-man or some other hero gets to work while I rest.

Sammy couldn’t believe what she had heard: You are a unsolved mystery.

Sammy then grabs the report she had wrote and hands it to the Adam. The soldiers walk to the entrance of the apartment building and stops. “Nice work Sammy.” Sammy crosses her arms and replies “About time you notice” then she adds “You know I been thinking on talking to Kurrent to see if he takes me as a hero and kicks your lazy butt out the team.” Adam laughs sarcastically and reach into his pockets grabbing his keys, he throws them at Sammy and ask her for a favor, “Make yourself useful and take my groceries to the fridge I got to go princess.” Adam turns around and walks into the building. Sammy after grabbing the keys she cross her arms mad, “Oh, sure I will.” said the sarcastic Sammy while she looks at The Wondering Spider leaping out the building window and swinging on his web in direction to Veritas HQ.

Adam isn’t as cruel as he acted with Sammy but he knew that she is dying to go on a field mission and Adam makes as much as possible to keep her away from it. who will protect her while WS is trying to protect himself? She would be nothing but a distraction on the field t Adam.   

Adam then open his communicator line and speaks, “Captain Adam Wright reporting, I’m on my way to the HQ, over.”

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shanana

"Long time no see Sha, Sorry I wasn't there to meet you but Hells Army is about to be unleashed and I kinda need to get to the Dominican Republic fast. If you’re looking for some action get with one of the Veritas guys and head to Spain, Columbus's tomb to be exact. You'll be looking for a piece of the Key of Templar. If you find it contact me immediately and protect it with everything you got the world depends on it"               Sha looked in disappointment about not being able to meet with Kurrent, but what he said triggered something in her mind, Sha’s mom said something about the shadows Rejoicing, and when Kurrent said something about hells army she knew that something Terrible was about to happen. Sha looked around the HQ and asked the first member of the Veritas to come with her. Sha was a member of Love so that fact that Kurrent told her to take a GUY with her made her scoff she could do it on her own, but a mission as big as this would take to people..

She flew up and she sped off in the direction of Spain, this was going to be arduous task, it had been awhile since Sha had been to Spain so she naturally forgot the exact where about of Columbus’s tomb. Sha landed in Madrid she looked around at the beautiful people and smiled this civilization was supposed to be the bases for the Ninjan. Sha flew around the city, she knew that she wasn’t going to be “let” into the tomb, but if she went into the Park she can dig straight into the Catacombs.

Sha made sure that there was No one around and she punched with all her might into the dusty part of the park. The ground began to shake she could feel that the ground was a bit hollow, she continued to punch until the ground began to shake around her finally a crack ran through her legs and she fell through. It was at this point and time Sha wondered if anyone from the VERITAS decided to follow her.

IF this was indeed the right Tomb he would be placed at the bottom of the catacomb, she jumped off the bridge and free fell to the bottom. She landed in a Human skeleton, the rats were still picking over, she jumped back in fear but then continued on walking. She came up on a tomb paved in gold, Marked with the seven Gold of the Spanish Armada. Sha opened it, there was a small bag buried in Ashes, the smell caused her to gag, she picked up the bag, which contained a map Sha looked at the map and then let out a sigh. “Damn! Kurrent this isn’t a key it’s just a map to where the key is. I repeat this is just a map!” Sha began to fly up when another signal crossed her Ninjan watch: KEY NUMBER 2 HAS BEEN SECURE I’M ON MY WAY HOME! Sha cursed at the Top of her lungs She knew Hayden had secured a piece of the key, but she was in Turkey. Sha looked at the map it wasn’t a location but more like a clue: A GREAT LAND TO THE WEST.. WHERE THE PEOPLE BARE NO SPECIFIC BACKGROUND, THE BROTHERS OF THE WHITE MEN, THE PLANTERS OF REDSKIN, AND THE SETTLEMENT IN THE VIRGIN LAND FOR THE GREAT KING JAMES. Sha couldn’t put her hand on what the hell the Map was talking about, she turned her read on and messaged KURRENT: HEY KURRENT I’M SENDING YOU A MESSAGE HOLD ON…….. SENT…… I KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN BY REDSKINS THEY MEANS INDIANS BUT I DON’T GET THE OTHER PART OF IT CAN YOU HELP.?

Function

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Function

Deep underground two men sat at the oppisite ends of one table, seperated in age by a over fifty years, still when angels and demons are concerened both are stil very young, in a world that is goverened by secrets and lies. The words spoken by each man came with its own hidden meaning, each code deciphered would lead only to another code, he had made sure to take out all possible targets except this one man, anyone who had managed to infiltrate the secret meeting area and was some how picking up this intel would not know that with each word the two men spoke, its meaning was a cover for the true meaning behind the words. It was all gibberish to the unrained ear. The man who sat at the oppisite end of the handcrafted oak table, the room only lit up by four small torches that shimmered a bright blue, not like any ordinary fire this was holy, blessed and the man who had brought fourth each flame was a man of true holiness, a true follower of god. 

The pope, he was indeed good, his codes were hard to unlock, he refused to speak of the wareabouts of the key. He had let it known that he knew there location but finding the answers was proving difficult. Knowing that the pope would not speak under his own torture like the other's had done, Function would have to take a different course of action to get the pope to speak. There age was not the only thing that seperated them, the pope was dressed in long ceremonial robes, he was dressed in a black tailored suit. The pope wanted the secret to hell to be kept a secret, he wanted it unleashed upon the world. Each man gave very little away to the other, frustration buildin, a strong tension filled the warm air. "You think i will not find the other key" stopping in mid centence, Function answered his phone and hung back up..........."as we speak my team has located a piece of the key" the pope's expresion quickly turned to worry and fear. "I am not a holy man.........still i believe in a god and a devil, why because i have met the queen of hell" the chair scraped across the ground as he rose to his feet.

"It would be in your's and mine's best intrest if you told me the location to the next piece of the puzzle" walking behind the pope and resting his hands on the man's shoulders, leanining in untill his breath could be felt against the man's ear, "if you refuse to tell me because of your faith..........then tell me for the sake of those you love, i can promise you and those you hold close to your heart a free life, you will be happy, no danger will fall upon those who you call brother". The pope sighed, he knew deep down that he had to tell the man the location of the next key, what choice did he have, if one part was in there hands it would only be a matter of time before the rest came into there grasp. "The key was intrusted to a man...............John Flynn, today was his funeral" rising to his feet, a lone tear fell from his eye. "The key will now be inthe hands of his grandson, James or as the world knows him Slinger" taking out a gun the pope was shot dead. Function called up the other's "I have the information on the next key.............Slinger has it, that means Veritas has a a part of that key and we need to take it from them".        

The Wondering Spider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam arrives at Liberty Island aka: Veritas Inc. HQ, he is escorted to the team meeting table,  a large round table that had a rotating holographic image of the world around it. On a large panoramic screen that dropped down from the ceiling. Adam enters the room only to find out that Sammy had already arrived. The sentinel that had escorted Adam says that he would let the team know of Adam’s arrival, the man then walks out and the door closes right after he walks out.

Adam was wearing civilian clothing over his suit  it was obvious he had taken public transportation to get to the island, he takes the clothes off leaving his WS suit on and puts the civilian clothes in a backpack then he draws his attention to Sammy.

Adam: Care to explain to me.. How in the world did you get here so fast?

Sammy: Well maybe you shouldn’t take the ferry to get to this high government facility you idiot use you intellect and logic for a change.

Adam: Oh! Sorry princess!  lets see intellect, forgive me! For not trying to commit suicide by web swinging 2.6 kilometers from the nearest location in Manhattan all the way to Liberty island.

Sammy: I meant take a patrol boat you idiot, the government have constant patrol boat scouting the area ever since 9/11 in addition to the Veritas Inc marine patrols.

Adam was speechless after that, he just stays silent and sits on his chair placing the bag right next to him: Fine you won Brainiac.

Sammy points at him angry: don’t call me that you brainless sack of bones.

The secretary general of NATO was present at the HQ listening to their conversation through the microphones and watching them through the monitors,  he couldn’t believe how much Sammy and Adam fought, “God, she reminds me of my first wife.. Rabid”  the secretary then turns off the monitors and turns around driving his attention to the present assistants,

“now were the hell is Kurrent?”
asked the secretary to the skittish assistants.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Constant communications where being filtered through the airwaves. Any one of which could easily be intercepted and decoded, however by this stage of the game secrecy matter very little. Hayden Miles had already secured one of the five pieces and Function was on the trail of another. As Gambler’s red eyes moved up and down the Scroll its mystical properties where hard at work. He watched with some amusement as a symbol marking one of the pieces moved slowly from towards the ever dangerous Gaza Strip. The Scroll released a flash of white blinding light causing the Cajun to briefly cover his eyes before a second symbol unexplainably appeared heading down the Eastern Seaboard.

“Dats how it works dhen eh. Once a piece is found it can be tracked by dee Scroll. Interesting.” Gambler thought to himself.

There where only three undiscovered pieces left with both sides frantically trying to decipher ancient riddles and Templar mysteries. Veritas controlling a piece would no doubt be problematic and should anymore pieces fall into their hands the Outlawz would have no choice but to wage a costly and bloody war while attempting to retrieve them. Running his finger’s down his stubble lined chin Gambler began envisioning how he believed it would all play out. on fire, Europe destroyed, left in ruins, and in the center of it all would stand the Outlawz. Ready to rebuild the World as they saw fit. A subtle shift in the wind alerted Gambler, causing him to break his concentration before he pirouetted from his seat. Narrowly avoiding several bullets as they tore through the back of his chair.

Instantly his body’s natural ability to mimic any move he had seen copied the stylistic summersault of Akira Overdrive as he reached for his gun. Using his momentum he rolled quickly up to his feet spinning around and taking aim. The shock of who his would be assassin was caused the Cajun to tilt his head in confusing.

“I’m sorry but I cannot allow you to continue. You’ll bring about dee end of dee World. For Christ’s sakes your talking about releasing Hellon Earth! FATHER PLEASE!”shouted the gunman.

Gambler simply smiled his trademark Cheshire Cat grin while raising his gun above his head and ejecting the clip.

“You think you’re ready for dis boy? You think you’re ready to put me down for good? I tell you like I tell dhem all………… You aint got what it Takes.”

Then without pause or hesitation the swift footed Gambler charged. Ducking under one last failed attempt as Florian squeezed off another round, unsheathing a small silver dagger and spinning behind his son. With a quick thrust to the base of the younger LeBeau’s neck the fight was over. A few last gasps a blood filled  breaths signaled the end of Florian Kincaid LeBeau. Not a tear was shed as Gambler let the body fall to the floor, a crimson puddle forming under the body. Showing no signs of emotion what so ever the King of King’s gathered the Scroll and exited the room.

Alpha Guard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alpha Guard

The life of a hero is an endless cycle. Villain tries to conquer, destroy, etc. the world, hero has to stop the villain, new villain and new plot pops up, hero has to stop this villain, it just never stops. What's even worse is when you're in a race to save the world, and have no idea where your opponent is. And one of those races had already begun.

Alpha Guard was in the Vertias training room, attempting to get his powers back to full strength. In the team's last mission, Whatever it Takes, he had been hit with a spell meant to lessen or nullify his powers. While a hastily created force field had weakened it's power, the spell still carried some strength. The Guardian of Good didn't know when he would be back to normal, but he was doing everything he could to speed up the process.

OK, that's enough for today. Alpha Guard soon arrived back in North Carolina, thinking that his hero work was done for the day. Kurrent. This is Slinger, I'm on my way back to the HQ. I'll be back in a few hours. I've just come across something very disturbing, I'll tell you everything I know along the way.

Sighing, Alpha Guard headed back for New York to meet Slinger and figure out what this disturbing news was. As he was over Virginia, a new message came in, this one from Sha.  Kurrent I'm sending you a message, hold on, sent, I know what they mean by Redskins but I don't get the onter part of it. Can you help? Wondering what she was talking about, Alpha Guard checked his communication watch and found a button marked read. Jeez, why didn't I use that before? After a little experimenting, the Guardian of Good uploaded the riddle Sha had mentioned:
" A great land to the west..where the people bare no specific background, the brothers of the white men, the planters of redskin, and the settlement in the Virgin Land for the great King James."

If Alpha Guard had been a cartoon character, a little lightbulb would of appeared. Wow, I finally get to be the one to figure something out. He radioed back to Sha, Sha, it's Alpha Guard. That thing you were trying to figure out, well I did. The Virgin Land refers to Virginia, named for Queen Elizabeth the Vergin Queen. As for King James, that's gotta point to Jamestown, the first English settlement in America. I'm headed there right now, I just need someone to tell me what I'm supposed to do there.

Ending the transmission, Alpha Guard landed near Jamestown and switched back to civilian clothes. Then he entered the historic city, and waited for further notice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ireland..........

landing gear set and the plane had touched ground, off from the staircase stepped forth the Paladin Drifter
A small chain dangling from his neck, glistening in the golden and crimson sun. This man......he'd come from the farthest reaches of Purgatory, armed with the knowledge that the key was spread across the globe. Dozens of leads and no answers, radio signals interrupted, systems hacked, even the elite computer wiz's could not crack the code as to where the keys pieces remained.  However, there was quite a suspicion that one of the keys pieces was hid off in the Irish Coast. Perhaps a hunch? A gut feeling?

None the less, It seemed obvious....

'

Not much longer
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Crimson eyes set upon a pearl white face with raven locks, knocking on the door, of a small orphanage.

"Hello?" Said the nun
"Yes........Good evening" His dark tone hissed
Who're you?" Asked the nun with a raised and furrowed brow.

"Your Death" was uttered before a gun was drawn, a bullet flying forth, the barrel smoking just before it hit the old woman dead in the fore-head. Without hesitation, he reached for her corpse, licking the blood out of her wounds before stuffing her inside the closet.

"Mister?" A small boy said quietly. The creature spun around with gun still in hand, blood dripping from his lips. "Yes my child?" Awkwardly he muttered. "Where's sister O'Brien?" The Child asked in the thick accent of his homeland "Oh she's in a very special place heh heh heh. Want to see her?" The man grinned. "Yeah, It's lunch time and well, I like cooki-----BLAM" And with that, Drifter went on, dragging his knuckles along the edges of the walls, knocking on doors, every last child suffered the same death.......A bullet in the head. Perfectly replicating Marksmanship equal to men such as Clint Barton, Some would hides, others ran but they all suffered. And now the orphans were dead. Hours had passed and his fun had to end, every child torture and slaughtered, yet he felt something was missing. So abruptly, he dipped his fingers into one of the corpses, writing supernatural symbols and marks all across the wall in the crimson fluids of the dead body. Signing his work in a sick and twisted way.

Massacre at the Orphanage, Such a lovely ring to it. Oh the Newspapers that'd follow that story.....People stricken in terror as they saw photographs of the tortured victims bodies, pale as ghosts they'd flee from there homes for fear they'd be the next victim.

Much more later, a man clad in white with splatter marks of blood plastered across his costume stood atop the dock, smoking a cigarette and waiting for the hero to arrive. He'd made his point, now it was time for buisness.

"Mer-man, Cryo, Zora, Show your pathetic faces. What the F$ck do you think I am? Dense? It had to be you. Now, Lets dance shall we?"

Mer-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mer-Man

The water passed them by in quick and swift motions, bubbles forming behind the two mer people as they made their way northeast from Bermuda in the direction of Ireland. There, they hoped they could find the missing piece of the key that unlocked the gate to Hell. For all they knew, all the other pieces could have already been found by the Outlawz and the world depended on them. It wasn’t a thought Francis liked to think of; he hated working under pressure.

Together, Francis and Zora swam as fast as they could, fins moving up and down quicker and quicker by the second until they had reached almost 400 mph. From the sky, the two looked like two torpedoes racing towards a ship. Even though they were going extremely fast, Ireland was a long way away and there was no time to lose. Being a merman, he had the migratory abilities of fish, allowing him to know exactly where he was going at all times.

The two slowed down when they saw something. Francis looked down into the almost pitch black void. Zora asked him why he had stopped, but he didn’t answer. He swam deeper into the depths of the ocean, the water becoming colder and darker the further he went down. Then, like turning on the kitchen light, his arm lit up like a lamp. It was his bioluminescence, a trait that all mer people had so they could see where others couldn’t. Zora reluctantly followed him. There was fear in her eyes. Call it a mermaid’s intuition or call it a hunch, but she knew there was something evil down there. Francis frowned when he saw her and grabbed his trident tightly.

As he got deeper, the outline of a ship appeared before him. That was the ship. That was what held the key. Overcome with excitement, he swam down to it. “Wait, NO!” Zora shouted as she began to follow him. It was only yards away now. The ship’s hull was broken in half and skeletons could be seen on the inside of the ship, a sign that the ship hadn’t been sunk by a storm, but by another ship. Deep inside the hull, lay a semi broken chest. Francis waved the dust and algae away to see a few words in an order that resembled the Lord’s Prayer. Zora made the sign of the cross as soon as she saw it. Francis opened it carefully and slowly, not wanting to be disappointed if it was missing. His heart beat faster and faster until he finally saw it. It was the piece of the key, the end to be exact. It was about the size of a half dollar and in the shape of a human skull. Francis examined it carefully. There didn’t seem to be any rust or tarnish whatsoever. It looked completely new. “We’ve got it.” He said to Zora before kissing her out of excitement. “Alright, we need to get this to a safe place. There is no way I am taking something like this to Olympus and risking my family’s life. No, we need some place that was both friendly and secure.” The only place he could think of was Veritas. They were most likely looking for the key too and they would know what to do with it. With a sense of success the two swam to the surface, embracing each other tightly along the way. When they reached it, they jumped as high as they could in the air, blue fins waving before they fell back into the water.

“This is why I love you,” Francis said to Zora. The two smiled, but it was cut short by a sight on the shore. A sight that knocked the wind right out of Francis. “Listen to me, get out of here and take the key to Veritas or Kurrent or whoever. Just get out of here now.” A confused look came over Zora’s face until she looked at who was on the shore. It was Drifter. Francis placed the key in Zora’s hand, but she refused. “No, I won’t leave you.” She said in a firm tone. “Listen, just please listen….” She gave him the look saying there was no way she was going to give in. “Alright, we do this together, but if anything happens to me…”  “Nothing will happen to you.” She told him as she stroked her webbed hand across his blue, scaly face. Francis dropped the key into the ocean and saw it land on a small reef below, a place where they could race back and get it if they needed to.. If all else failed, it would at least damper their efforts of looking for it now that it wasn’t in the ship. Together the two swam towards the dock hoping to defeat their enemy.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kurrent

En Route to his destination the Veritas Inc. communicator was blowing up with traffic from the team. Sha was now on board for this particular mission and with the help of Alpha Guard they were able to decode a clue on where one of the pieces were and Sha would most likely fill him in. The best news about today was that Slinger was in possession of a piece of the key but he had just went to his grand fathers funeral which means he retrieved it by unfortunate means. Still with one key accounted for and in the hands of Veritas Inc. the armies of hell will never be released.

Dominican Republic

It was strange that Sha had found a clue in Columbus's tomb in Spain, could that have been the tomb that Praxos was talking about. It was too important of a mission to at least give the tomb in DR a look just in case. As the Veritas jet touched down in stealth mode near the Lighthouse where it is said that Columbus lays, Kurrent remembered that The Secretary General of NATO and he were supposed to have a meeting. Quickly he called back to HQ and said to Spider who was there with Sammy "Spider, gather up all the information you can on the Key of Templar. Slinger already has one piece of it and I am on a lead to another. Once he gets to HQ you guys do what it takes to locate the rest of these pieces. Tell the General to dispatch a squad to all major religious places that is most likely where we will find these pieces" He ended his conversation quickly when saw the shift change of the guard and figured that would be the best time to neutralize the guards.

He had to work fast. The men that guard the tomb are highly trained and they were not to be taken lightly. Kurrent charged in full force playing the moves out in his head. Their was four guards total and it was a perfect time for him to us KFM techniques to knock them out quickly. He used a small jolt to lift himself off the ground to come down with a kick that would surely incapacitate the first guard. He could see the look of terror on the guards face as the blue orb surrounded the foot of Kurrent that was about to make contact on him when suddenly things took a turn for the worse.

The butt of a rifle came from the side that was not visible to Kurrent and slammed against his face before his attacked reached its target. It caused his body to spin uncontrollably until his frame hit the hard pavement. Before the pain of the hit reached his brain he thought "I've been set up" . When he looked up he was surrounded by barrels of rifles and was completely out numbered. These were not just the guards that were there before. They were all dress differently and came off with a bounty hunter type of look. While spitting blood out of his mouth he saw one of them pick up a cell phone and call a number. He heard him say with confidence in his mouth "Boss, we got him" and then saw him nod a few times but nothing else was said by him. Kurrent looked at them and asked "Who the hell are you clowns supposed to be" right after a fist came sailing across his face that knocked him back on the ground flat on his back. Then with a reply he said"You'll know soon enough"

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By shanana

“Sha, it's Alpha Guard. That thing you were trying to figure out, well I did. The Virgin Land refers to Virginia, named for Queen Elizabeth the Virgin Queen. As for King James, that's gotta point to Jamestown, the first English settlement in America. I'm headed there right now; I just need someone to tell me what I'm supposed to do there”. Sha looked at her watch trying to remember Alpha guards face, she then realized whom he was and began to speak of the next location to the key. : It says she saved him when his life was at stake; the Indians killed him when her life was raped, and she went to England but he died a freeman. Make sure your first pick is right because, if not your life, will be taken before, your sight.”

Sha told him that’s all that was she then radioed back to him the answers: the Person She saved must have been John Smith!, The Indians killed John Rolfe after she was killed, and Pocahontas life was taken in England, but If we get it wrong, it says your life will be taken….WAIT! I see a similarity all the clues have SHE in it… that must mean it’s at Pocahontas’s Tomb, but she was buried in England... So the clue leads to Gravesend England, but wait..  Sha looked at the map even more, and noticed the last part WAIT!!!!! THE Key is at the TOMB of JOHN ROLFE ALPHA GUARD I REPEAT TOMB OF JOHN ROLF!!! Sha turned her attention back to her current location, it was a wonder the media hasn’t picked up on the super hero frenzy, it seems since the war they have been trying to put every hero behind Bars. Sha Radioed into Kurrent: WE have got the location of the last piece…I’m cutting off transmitting for a while it’s time to SILENCE THE LAMB! Sha then realized Kurrent never messaged back, she began to worry and she Radioed back into Alpha Guard: AP Kurrent isn’t responding what happed! Sha waited for a Response and headed back to the vine via, flying she suspended Gravity and Heightened motion, which enabled her to transverse between the continents. The CVSS Naval academy was doing a scouting of the Atlantic Ocean, Sha knew this but didn’t realize she caused a threat, she really didn’t at the Altitude she was flying, there were bitter from the war because they fired on her Knocking her right out of the Sky. Sha free fell she knew she had to rebound or she would perish just like in the war She couldn’t swim, she caught herself as she graced the water’s surface, causing a wave to form on the side of her. She was pissed the hell off she turned around with her eyes steaming red and extended her hand towards the ship and fired a huge beam of light at it watching it explode in seconds, the huge flash caused Sha to snap out of her trance like manner and realize what she had done. DAMN.. IF I WANTED TO SAVE A PLANET I SHOULD HAVE JUST STAYED HOME…OH WELL I’M COMING FOR YOU GAMBLER! AND I KNOW YOU KNOW IT!

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Slinger

This is weird. The streets of Manhattan were clogged with doomsday theorists causing panic as they professed the end of days. It's like all the crazies on Earth are coming out at once. Slinger felt uneasy about everything that was going on, especially given the new task he had been given by his late grandfather. The small fragment of the Templar's key weighed heavily on his mind, as well as his neck where it dangled by its silver chain. He needed more information.

Slinger decided to make a detour on his way to the headquarters of Veritas Inc. He knew that the Spider was there waiting with his personal assistant, so he decided to put a call in to tell him he would be late. "Spider, this is Slinger," he spoke into his wristwatch, "I'm gonna head to a Templar base in town before I go to headquarters. I'll see if I can get any more info on what's been happening with this key. I'll keep you updated."

The white knight went to Saint Patrick's Cathedral, the epicenter of Catholicism in the United States. It was also a stronghold for the knighthood. Slinger grew up belonging to a much smaller parish in his hometown, so the massive gothic cathedral was, as always, an awe inspiring sight for him. Just seeing the towering spires caused the distress to seem to lift from Slinger's shoulders, much to his relief. He had visited on a number of occasions, but never with such an intense feeling of purpose as he had now.

He flashed a badge displaying the red Templar cross to the attendant at the door, which got him access to a secret sub-basement where the real innerworkings of the church took place. There were many men in priestly vestments attending to various projects that the church kept hidden from the public eye. Excorsisms, people speaking in tongues, research of ancient biblical artifacts, things that are frightening to most average churchgoers were commonplace in the hidden facility beneath the massive church. It also was the home of many of the region's Templar knights, ready to act at a moments notice.

Slinger was greeted by a monk at the entrance of the hidden area. He was a short man, even younger than the knight, though wiser than most men more than twice his age. His name was Simon, and he spoke softly and in welcoming tones, "Hello James. We've been expecting you ever since your grandfather's passing. I trust you are now in possession of the item?"

Slinger pulled the small black fragment out from beneath his shirt, "You mean this? It's exactly the reason I came bye. I was heading to Veritas headquarters, but thought it better to come here first to gather whatever information that I can."

The monk's eyes widened with uneasy amazement when the piece came into view, "Ah yes, it is fortunate you have found this fragment, as there has recently been much activity involving the key."

Slinger frowned, puzzled, "That's exactly what I wanted to ask you about." He handed the scroll that accompanied the part of the key to the monk, "I've read this carefully, and it seems to portend armageddon, and that this thing is a part of some sort of key, but it is unclear on what it is a key to."

Simon put his hand on the knight's shoulder, "Perhaps you should come with me, Sir James. There is much that you should know." The monk led Slinger to a small dimly lit chamber filled with ancient books. He pulled one from a shelf, it was a history of the Templar Knights, and handed it to the knight. "In this tome, I believe you will find your answers. This is the true history of the knighthood. Go ahead flip to the very end."

Slinger flipped open the last pages of the book, then looked up confused, "These are all blank!" At the monk's urging, he flipped back toward the beginning, to the last written chapter of the book, then was absolutely floored by what he found, "This, this can't be right! This is. It's all about me! It even has my trip here and everything up until right now!"

"Yes!" The monk explained, "I said, it is the true history of the knights, and so far, you are the final chapter, but it is the beginning that is of importance, the true beginning. You see-" Simon was cut off by the sudden entrance of another monk, who whispered something to him, then left. "I am truly sorry James, something has come up, you'll have to excuse me, but please, read of the formation of the knights, then you will understand what it is you now hold." Simon then exited the room, leaving Slnger alone to learn about his sacred organization.

The young knight read for what seemed like hours, learning everything he could about the knighthood. He read carefully about the first earthly appearance of the hordes of hell, and that the Templars originally formed to rise against the army. Through divine might, the Templars managed to snatch victory from the legion of the underworld and locked them away in limbo, where they could not be a threat and await to this day to take vengeance. Then the key to their prison was lost, only to be later found, and then destroyed by Jacques de Molay. He separated the key into five pieces so that no one person would have to shoulder the responsibility and temptation of the power that the commander of such an army would wield. So, the true purpose of the knighthood is to keep Hell's army at bay.

The door to the small chamber opened again, Simon rushed in, he had urgent news, "James, it's Benedict, the pope, he's been murdered!"

Slinger didn't have time to even react to the news, when suddenly there was panic in the halls, someone was shouting, "There's a riot in the streets! They're going to overtake the cathedral! Everybody move to defend!"

Slinger quickly rose to his feet, and prepared to go and join the knights in defense of the church, but he was stopped by Simon, "No. This is no coincidence. Someone is after the key. This is consecrated ground, no demon or devil can come here, but through the use agents, ordinary people or others, like you, but with more malign intentions they can get to us. They've come for you and that fragment, you have to escape!"

"But-" Slinger began to protest, but he knew the risk was to great and heeded the Monks advice.

Simon brought Slinger to a passage in the depths of the facility, "This will take you out to Rockefeller Center, then it's up to you to get away as fast as you can. As long as you can keep that piece hidden, then the forces of evil can't be unleashed on the world."

The two comrades locked arms, then both turned in opposite directions and went on their ways. Slinger swiftly moved through the tunnel, then spoke into his watch again, "Veritas HQ, this is Slinger. There's a situation at St. Patrick's cathedral, the knights could use some help. I'm on my way to Liberty Island now. I have more information on exactly what it is we're looking for."

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The faint sounds of the coastal shores of where quickly drowned out as several small choppers rapidly descended upon the massive complex known to the locals as, “Faro de Colon.” Surrounded by lushes palm trees and well manicured lawns the fiercely guarded building looked more like a modern day temple then a lighthouse. Fabled to house the remains of Christopher Columbus, the facility was a national landmark. Several heavily armed men exited the choppers making sure to secure the landing zone. All wore a red bandanna round their necks giving them a unified appearance. Dressed in a black military style shirt with a brown gun holster strapped around his shoulder, Gambler  made his way towards the entrance accompanied by two guards on either side.

Tourists looked on with concern as they watched others being shoved out of the way with disregard. Those inside where forcefully removed as Gambler and his men where shown inside. At the center of the fascinating modern marvel stood a white marble and bronze mausoleum where the supposed remains of rested. Kneeling, as if to worship the resting place of the World’s most famous explorer, Gambler ran is hand along the floor. A sinister grin swept across his face as his finger’s came to rest upon a specific tile. With a quick push down the tile sunk into the floor while the mausoleum slid backwards reviling a dark and twisting passageway.

With a subtle nod the Cajun’s guard’s took their flashlights out and began their descent into the darkness. The walls where stained from years of water damage and the squeaking sounds of rats echoed throughout the long passage way. One by one the guards ,and then Gambler, entered a tiny poorly lit room. Several Dominican Guards where already there lining the room forming a circle around their prisoner.

“Jesus Kurrent, you look like sh!t” mocked the King of Kings

His hands where tied behind his back and his legs where bound at the ankles. His feet where submerged in a small tub of water as ordered by Gambler before arriving. Having been worked over for hours prior to his arrival, the Cajun took no pride in further abusing the hero, but he did anyway. A swift backhand brought Kurrent into consciences. With swollen eyes he tried to gaze upon his tormenter.

“Listen to dee voice hero, you already know who I am. I know you wouldn’t be able to resist coming after a piece of dee Key yourself. Foolish move for such a brilliant strategist mon ami.”

Slowly Gambler moved in grabbing his arch-nemesis by the throat.

“Ohhh I’d love nothin more dhen to kill you here an now. Sadly however, your worth more to me alive dhen dead.So whatya say we give Slinger a call and see if we cant arrange a trade huh.”

The Wondering Spider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veritas HQ

A guard runs through the hallway and enters the room where Adam and Sammy and he informs about a incoming call, “Kurrent is in line three sir.” Sammy redirects the call to Adam, Adam picks up the call, “Veritas Inc headquarters, how may I help you?”

Kurrent:

"Spider, gather up all the information you can on the Key of Templar. Slinger already has one piece of it and I am on a lead to another. Once he gets to HQ you guys do what it takes to locate the rest of these pieces. Tell the General to dispatch a squad to all major religious places that is most likely where we will find these pieces"

“Yes Si-” Kurrent had given the order and just close the call. “So much for a conversation” Adam then scratch his head and direct his attention to Sammy and smiles then ask “A little help?” Sammy then walks to the computer and begins searching for any information about that specific subject.

“Well? Anything?”

Sammy research the net and reads about the key but there is not much information, "The key of Templar the key of destruction that is believe to bring the fury of hell to the surface of the earth. The battle took place near a volcano named Horns of Hattin, there are many stories of the battle and many purposes but some stories of the east say that something that was never meant to be found was discovered by a officer, some believe it was the key.  The rumors says that the key was broken into five pieces and given to five powerful “Divine knights”" 

Sammy stops the reading and looks at Adam and tells him to read between the lines then she continues the reading,

“Five knights each on a mission to take the pieces to different locations of the earth. The people claim to have seen the knight fly off, other say they left mounting on horses blah, blah, blah.”
Adam seem to be half asleep after all the talking Sammy notices and yells HEY! Focus! What kind of hero are you?”  Adam looks at her and replies “one who fail in history class.”

Sammy then notice something awkward, “The team are looking for Columbus’s grave correct? But the battle of Horns and Hattin was on July, 4, 1187 according to the experts, now compare dates if the battle was at 1187 and Columbus was born in 1451 how is it that according to what we have one of the pieces might be in Columbus’s grave?”

Adam was as confuse as a human being could get about to pull his hair off his head he yells out, JUST! Tell me what to do WOMAN!”Sammy then reveals that the only way that; that could have happen is that some of the pieces are being guarded to this day maybe by the same order that sent the knights to divide them or by someone who might have found a piece and knew what he had and was waiting for the perfect moment to develop a way to get the pieces together.

Adam then looks at Sammy and she adds “I believe some of the pieces might have been already in hands of others”  Adam then looks at the monitor and checks for Columbus’s grave “Why does it says there are several graves?”  Sammy replies that some say he was constantly moved several times after his death from Spain to Dominican republic and then to the Havana Cuba some believe he is still there others say he was moved again. Adam believes he has valuable information and he tries to communicate with Kurrent but the leader does not respond, the another transmission enters “WE have got the location of the last piece…I’m cutting off transmitting for a while it’s time to SILENCE THE LAMB!” the transmission was most probably was for Kurrent.

Adam and Sammy awaits for Kurrent to respond the latest transmission but the leader never broadcast back. “Something is wrong”  says Adam in a low concern tone he then ask Sammy to track Kurrent’s last transmission Sammy tracks the last call back to the Dominican republic, “Something must have happen to him” Adam lowers his head then he looks back at Sammy and when he was about to ask who else was available he is interrupted by a new transmission, it was Slinger  "Spider, this is Slinger," "I'm gonna head to a Templar base in town before I go to headquarters. I'll see if I can get any more info on what's been happening with this key. I'll keep you updated." Adam replied “Copy that, Sling, make it fast”

Adam then walk around thinking on what to do if he should wait for Kurrent to respond or if he should just alert the team he sat down on the chair nervous waiting for Kurrent to respond or anyone to say they found Kurrent but no one reported.

After some time a second transmission entered the HQ from Slinger "Veritas HQ, this is Slinger. There's a situation at St. Patrick's cathedral, the knights could use some help. I'm on my way to Liberty Island now. I have more information on exactly what it is we're looking for."

Adam’s hope were lost it seems that it was as he feared, Adam then talk through the communicator and let the word out,

“This is Captain Adam Wright reporting, I have reasons to believe there might be uninvited guess and the pieces might be in different locations from where they were originally, could be grave robbers or guardians or even worse. Also.. I believe Kurrent could be in greave danger, over”  
Alpha Guard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Alpha Guard

Soon after Alpha Guard had sent his message to Sha, she radioed him the next part of the clue. It says she saved him when his life was at stake; the Indians killed him when her life was raped, and she went to England but he died a freeman. Make sure your first pick is right because if not your life will be taken before your sight. There was a brief pause, less then a second, then Sha told him her interpretation of the clue. The person she saved must have been John Smith. The Indians killed John Rolfe after she was killed, and Pocahontas's life was taken in England, but if we get it worong it says your life will be taken...WAIT! I see a similarity, all the clues have she in it...that must mean it's at Pocahontas's tomb, but she was buried in England...so the clue leads to Gravesand, England, but wait... Another brief pause, and then WAIT! The key is at the tomb of John Rolfe Alpha Guard, I repeat the tomb of John Rolfe!

Frederick had his communication watch disguised as an MP3 player, and was quietly listening to Sha's message, but he had to resist the urge to simply demand to be told what "it" was.Deciding he might as well find the tomb of Jonh Rolfe, Frederick walked up to the nearest Jamestown tour guide, and asked for directions, saying that his class was going to John Rolfe's tomb but he had gotten seperated and didn't know where it was. After receving directions, Frederick soon found the tomb was about to call Sha or Kurrent and figure out just what he was supposed to find, when a new message came in from Sha. We have got the location of the last piece...I'm cutting off transmitting for a while it's time to SILENCE THE LAMB!.

Extremely frustrated, Frederick tried calling another teammate. Slinger, it's Alpha Guard. I'm at the tomb of John Rolfe; Sha said the piece to some sort of key was here. Any information on what this is would be welcome, and what I need to find.

Deciding that he had done all he could at the moment, Frederick switched back to Alpha Guard and made himself invisible. He set up a hidden camrea near John Rolfe's tomb, just incase he had to leave. The Guardian of Good then took up a position in the sky, and once again waited.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flashback -   Two hours ago

"Bah, Bah, Black Sheep, have you any wool? Yes sir, Yes sir one bag full" sang Drifter as one bullet entered into one of the small childrens heads. His left hands fingers dragged across the walls of the orphanage, pausing for a moment to knock on the next child's door. "Bah, bah, Black Sheep, have you any wool? Yes sir, Yes sir, two bags full". BAM went the gun, two bullets piercing the skull of the small child who resided the next door over. Blood spraying out all over the childrens toys, little bits of brain and skull embedded into the building blocks and teddy bears that were thrown across the room.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Present

Standing on the dock, dragging off a cig was Drifter. Blowing rings of smoke into the air "Here Fishy, Fishy. Fishy" Taunted The King of Purgatory watching his smoke dissipate, The Crescent Knight stood, impatiently tapping his foot before flicking his cig into the ocean below his feet. "Well what do you know? Finally made it huh?" Said the Paladin as he cracked his neck, the sound of cartiledge breaking apart deep inside the neck loudly echoed.

"Alright,  Fish Sticks, two ways we can do this.......We can fight, same old same old, nothing interesting, Last man standing gets the piece of the key. OR......" Glaring into Mer-man's eyes, unsheathing his sword before he continued.

"You can give the key to me now and spare your fiancee's life.........Well, c'mon, pick one"

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kurrent

Perhaps he was careless or this was a set up to capture him the whole time. Either way Kurrent was now going in and out of consciousness while being tied to a chair. His feet were in a tub of water which made him get a better idea of who could be doing this but that was out of the question. He saw that man die right before his very eyes not so long ago. Only that man knew the hero enough to know that a simple tub of water can make his powers distorted. While distorted he still can do everything he would normally do except control it and for a man like Kurrent if he didn't have control he might as well not exist.

For about an hour it continued. The cowards that blindsided seemed to know exactly how to handle him. The hero wore his watch on his left hand so the broke all the finger on his right so while tied up he would not be able to radio in for help. The tub of water his feet were in was boiling when they first brought it in causing his bare feet to blister right when they touched the water. Each man took his turn, it was 3 of them as one pummeled away on the hero the others laughed and made comments. They each had a certain thin that defined them. One had small knives. He would pass his them all throughout the heroes helpless body and every so often would jerk the knife forcefully causing cuts along Kurrents frame. The second was tall and strong. He was the muscle of the 3 man team and his fist seemed to be made out of stone as they crushed into Kurrents ribs one after the other. The last one was  skinny and wore round spectacles. The pain he inflicted was not like the others. He wore a belt that had different colored liquids in them, out of his sleeve was a tube that seemed to combine the liquids and produced a gas. When it hit Kurrents face it almost instantly put him in a dream state. his mind felt blank until suddenly he was reliving the deaths of his friend and mentor Manolo and his family.

The Heroes screams were loud and frightful for only minutes in real time, but in his mind, days had gone by with that same image constantly projecting. When he was taken out of his trance he felt weak and vulnerable. More men seemed to walk in the room at this point but Kurrent was too battered to stay awake. He was woken up a few minutes later by a slap to the face that open up his face from the calloused hand. Trying to regain him self he faintly heard.....“Listen to dee voice hero, you already know who I am. I know you wouldn’t be able to resist coming after a piece of dee Key yourself. Foolish move for such a brilliant strategist mon ami.”

His eyes opened wider then ever before as he looked into the eyes of The Guile Ghost. When Gambler pressed his hand across his neck the saying "heroes get remembered but legends never die" became harsh reality. His breathing grew rapid even with his air way blocked and listened to Gambler say...“Ohhh I’d love nothin more dhen to kill you here an now. Sadly however, your worth more to me alive dhen dead.So whatya say we give Slinger a call and see if we cant arrange a trade huh.”

When he was released Kurrent looked up at Gambler, directly in the eyes. His thoughts were on his team thinking if they got suspicious since he has not called in.  He twirled his right hand to try and loosen the bind but the pain of his crushed fingers was to much to bear. He needed to buy himself time so he spoke to Gambler with apparent malice in his tone and said "what do you take me for Gambler and how the hell are you still alive"

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Defiant as ever Kurrent maintained his composure unwilling to give his arch nemesis the satisfaction of seeing him beaten.

"What do you take me for Gambler? And how the hell are you still alive"

Flashing his trademark smirk the Cajun leaned back unable to contain his Cheshire Cat smile.

“Ohhh you know, dis an dat. A lil slight of hand, a lil misdirection, a commitment to pain, and well, you know dee rest.”

Gambler was enjoying every minute of Kurrent’s torment. So much so that he arrogantly disregarded the three Meta Humans who had captured the Excellence of Execution. Stepping forward the thin man with glasses and a belt filled with toxins confronted the King of King’s.

“You know, one leader with access to the Key is good. But TWO leaders, well, that would just be good business……wouldn’t you agree Cajun?”

With a look of both anger and disbelief the Outlaw turned around only to be sprayed with the same debilitating mixture of gases that was currently keeping the Veritas founder slightly sedated. Staggered, Gambler’s vision began to ripple as the toxins to took hold.

“TAKE HIM!” (shouted the toxin spewing Meta Human.)

Instantly his knife wielding counterpart fanned out a series of blades between his fingers hurling them at the betrayed villain. Aimed not for a kill but for precise pressure points meant to shut down the body. Quickly Gambler grabbed the tub of water at Kurrent’s feet using its contents to splash the hero in the face before attempting to spin around and use it as a shield. Either by luck or sheer determination several blades where deflected. Two though found their mark plunging deep into the Living Legend’s shoulder and thigh shutting down his left side.

The Cajun had no choice but to rip the blade from his flesh and cut one of Kurrent’s restraints before being bull rushed by the tank of the Meta Human group. Made of solid rock the charging traitor plowed the assassin straight into the wall leaving a small crater behind. Leaving Gambler slumped on the floor half conscious. Just when it appeared that both Gambler and Kurrent would be captured and bartered for pieces of the Key, an electrical maelstrom blew the heavy hitting meta into pieces. Both the toxic practitioner and his bladed comrade fled the cell as the other guards where instantly fried.

Kurrent stood over the bloody assassin for a minute before reaching down grabbing hold  of his collar.

“Get you’re ass up Cajun. We ain’t outta this yet. Get your sh!t together, get my back, and you an I will settle up another time. Now LETS MOVE”

It wasn’t an ideal situation for either man. But up top a small army was gathering ready to take down both leaders. The Key’s corrupting influence was already spreading around the World. And so the hated rivalry that was 3years in the making was put on hold. For the first time ever Kurrent and Gambler would fight on the same side.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Slinger

Slinger had finally managed to make it to Liberty Island, no easy task given the state that New York was in. Manhattan was a war-zone, rioters were going crazy and law enforcement did what they could to keep them in line, but it was a losing battle. It wasn't long before the National Guard was called in, and not long after that the Army. It was sheer chaos, and all because of the discovery of this key.

The young Templar arrived in the Veritas war room, where the Wondering Spider had been waiting, "wondering" where on earth the Veritas leader, Kurrent, was. Slinger had his worries too. Kurrent hadn't reported anything since he had gotten to the Dominican Republic, which was a while ago, it shouldn't have taken that long to check the crypt. There wasn't time for any pleasantries, the worried Slinger cut straight to business, "This is trouble Spider. We're under staffed as it is since we lost the Wanderer, if Kurrent is gone we wont have much of a chance against whatever is after this key." Slinger walked over to the large supercomputer in the war room and brought up a large world map, "There's a global positioning system built into our communicators so we can keep track of each other in case we get separated, but there's something wrong. Kurrent isn't showing up." He brought up Kurrent's last known position, then opened up all communications channels so he could address not only the Spider, but also the team members that weren't at the base, "Our first priority is to find and rescue Kurrent, until then, everything else is on hold. I've sent his last known coordinates to each of your watches. We lost contact somewhere in Santo Domingo. All available Veritas members get to the Dominican A.S.A.P. We'll rendezvous there in about twenty minutes." Slinger cut the communications there then shot a look over his shoulder to the Spider and his assistant as he briskly walked toward the hanger, "What are you waiting for? Saddle up."

The aircraft that Veritas had at their disposal were truly magnificent. Marvels of modern science, they came complete with advanced cloaking devices and powerful engines that could make a trip around the world in about an hour. Not to mention an impressive array of weapons. The heroes were airborne in no time, and only as they circled New York City could they comprehend the true scope of the massive destruction that was happening. The Big Apple was in flames, never had the Slinger seen such destruction, he had to fight the urge to land and do what he could to help, but he knew that there was nothing he could do to pacify the city's population. He could see the Spider was having the same internal struggle, "There's nothing we can do for them right now Spider, we just have to focus on the mission at hand."

It wasn't long before the heroes touched down. Slinger made sure all of the heroes that made it were completely aware of all that was happening, then it was time to get to work, "Let's get to it team. We'll make Kurrent proud, and hopefully get to him before it's too late." They began to trace their leader's steps, eventually arriving at Columbus' tomb. "This could be it guys, be prepared for anything."

Hayden Miles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hayden Miles

Hayden looking around the area, she was surprised she had gone unnoticed. Hayden was hatching a secret plan of her own, She needed to find her subject first which wasn’t going to be too hard, she knew that Sha had it in for Gambler and according to Hayden’s energy converter Sha was the closest being near her. Hayden opened the top of her water wing and sat in the cockpit. She opened her mouth wide and unhinged her teeth so that her tongue could move freely, she made it go in reverse down her esophagus and retrieve the key piece she had previously swallowed. After readjusting her mouth she locked in on Sha and then sped off towards her target.  While elevated 300 feet under the surface of the Atlantic Ocean, Hayden found herself dodging the debris that was apparently from a ship that had not so long ago been destroyed. Suddenly Hayden’s Ship began to blar out:NINJAN LIFEFORM DETECTED…….ZICCARRA LOPEZ….70 kilometers west… Hayden turned her wheel in that direction, she came to the surface closing in on Sha. Hayden’s eyes squinted and as she pressed a red button on her dashboard releasing a grappling hook GOTCHA B!TCH! The hook wrapped it’s self around Sha perfectly, Hayden pressed the button to resubmerge the water wing bring Sha Down with her. Sha was somehow able to break free shooting a light blast at the water wing destroying it, but not before Hayden ejected herself out of the submarine and jettisoned back above ocean level into the air. Sha caught herself and began flying she flew down and pulled Sha from the water, much to sha’s surprise. ZICARRA..ASK YOUR SELF…WHY THE HELL HAVENT WE DESTOYED THIS PLANET YET….

SURLEY YOU CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT KURRENT AND HIS LAPDOGS BELIEVE IN IS RIGHT..HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SAVED THE WORLD FROM A STEROTYPICAL PSYCHOPATH HMMMM? AND OUT OF THOSE MANY TIMES HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE THANKED YOU. FACE IT WERE SUPERIOR TO THIS PLANET, GAMBLER SEE’S THAT, BABS SEE’S THAT, AND EVEN YOU SEE IT! SO WHY NOT RAISE AND ARMY FROM HELL. LET YOUR SUSCIPIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES…HMMMM YOU KILL ME, KILL GAMBLER…KILL BABS WHOSE GONNA GET THE CREDIT….KURRENT…WHOSE GOING TO BE GLORIFYED…KURRENT…….WHOSE GOING TO STRUGGLE PUTTING HER 15 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER THROUGH COLLEGE…SHA!

Hayden could see she had hit a strong point because Sha’ wasn’t in a striking manor anymore. Hayden grinned and folded her hands finally Sha spoke: PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE ARENT THEY… Hayden nodded Sha looked Down and finally agreed to side with Hayden. GOOD…YOU FIND THAT KEY IN VA..I’LL HELP GAMBLER IN DR” with that they went their own way.

Alpha Guard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Alpha Guard

Things were finally starting to get interesting for Alpha Guard: he hadn't done much so far and was itching for some action. And he was about to get it.

The Guardian of Good hated not knowing what was going on, especially when the situation seemed to be "a threat to the safety of the world."  After a minute or two, but what seemed like hours, Slinger radioed the team. Our first priority is to find and rescue Kurrent, until then every thing else is on hold. I've sent his last known coordinates to each of your watches. We lost contact somewhere in Santo Domingo. All available Vertias members get to the Dominican A.S.A.P. We'll rendezvous there in about twenty minutes.

So once again Alpha Guard was heading somewhere on the word of a fellow here. At least this time he had some idea what he would be doing, assuming Kurrent was in some danger. But to be safe, he set up a security system around the tomb, just in cas there was something valuable in it. Then he headed for the Dominican.

Once he arrived Slinger filled everyone in on just what was going on. Alpha Guard was relieved to finally know what was going on, but it didn't last long. So long as Slinger had one of the pieces to the key, and he was suposedly protecting another, the armies of hell weren't going anywhere. But one false move and instead of aliens it will be the Underworld armies.

Once he was finished briefing, Slinger started to lead the team into the tomb of Christopher Columbus, but Alpha Guard stopped him. Hold on, for all we know we're walking into a trap. It might be better if we split up, just incase Kurrent's being held down there by someone and his friends try to come in from behind and take us too. Just a thought.

Acer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Acer

Acer was walking through the streets of Los Angeles, having decided to pay one of his best friends Obi Wan Kenobi a visit, Acer arrived in the city only to find that the young Jedi master was away on a mission for his team We Are Legend, now the city was in the hands of its resident young up and coming heroes. When Acer had got there it seemed like the start of a riot had just began to take place. People were going crazy, they were breaking windows, ransacking stores and even fighting each other. All of them seemed to be looking for some key, they were screaming at the top of there lungs for some type of key that would open the bowels of hell and unleash it upon the world. Each man, woman and child seemed possessed, some were working alone while others showed more intelligence by working together.

Making his way through the corrupted city, Acer looked around as his mind turned to one of the few television screams that had not been smashed during the riot. The news was on, it seemed like it had been on since the start of the riots and was on every channel. "They are calling it the beginning of the end, it started off in Egypt, slowly it made its way across the middle east and then the world" a tall dark skinned woman began talking, "The riots have been going on for upwards of one hour, people have been going crazy, all of them looking for some key, men of Christ including the pope have been found dead, experts call this the end of day's, they say apocalypse have truly come, this is Rob................" just then the camera cut out as the television went blank. There had been many rumours of special items that would unleash hell or give its user powers beyond imagination. They were just rumours but now it seemed like this was the real deal.

There must have been a reason for these riots to be triggered; people wouldn't just go crazy for no apparent reason. Unless someone had made them go crazy by influencing them, either that or it had been triggered by someone going in search for they key which had started some kind of chain reaction. Acer knew if that was the case, there were only two teams out there that would go in search of an item that would unleash hell, the first was LAS and the second was the Outlawz, a team that was made famous by the Cajun long before Acer had started out in the hero business and now rumours were going round they were back and had taking a more sinister route, if that was the case this fit right under there bill and what better reason to show your top dogs then by unleashing hell and controlling the world. Now if a team of villains were going after the key that would mean a team of heroes would be right behind them, since the members of ZS were on personal missions and other hero teams like KAS and WAL were doing there own things, the worlds protectors fell to Veritas.

Acer knew he would need help if he were to stop these riots, making his way back to the jet he arrived in, from out of nowhere Acer felt his face being hit by what could only be described as a tank hitting him. The world around him went dark, when he awoke he was in a semi dark room, the water was ankle deep and Acer found himself surrounded by 5 metahumans that had vowed to protect the city. Clothes were torn and his body was battered. He was hanging upside down by his ankles as the blood that dripped from his body turned the water beneath him red, the group that surrounded him consisted of 3 men and two girls, all of them couldn't be any older than 16 and all showed symptoms that the other rioter's showed. Just then a large screen came down from the ceiling, on the screen came a boy, the same age of the group that had captured Acer, he had short blonde hair and was in a terrible state, tears began to run down Acer's eyes as even the boy was crying. Acer didn't believe what he was seeing how he could, the boy on the screen was no random stranger it was his own son.

The boy resembled Acer in everyway, from his look to the way he thought. On the screen two other young corrupted heroes came into view, they began to beat down on Fibra, hit after hit forced Acer to turn in horror from what he was seeing. "Now that we have your son and your attention, you are going to help us retrieve the pieces of that key. If you refuse to help us we will kill your son" one of them strapped a device around Acer's waist and cut him down. Acer landed face first in the water and slowly got up. The screen went back up and Acer became surrounded, "This device keeps track of your every movement, we will be watching you, if you turn on us or double cross us in anyway then your son will die" one of them gave Acer directions "these are directions to the last known location of the ninjan Hayden, rumour has it she has one of the key's, find, kill her and take that key, remember you turn he dies". Acer was raging inside, he was being controlled by some grade b heroes, forced under there control to unleash hell and what other option did he have. They had his son and he had no chance of saving him, now as he sat in the jet he took off to search for a key that would trigger the end all to save his own son, this was it risk to the whole world for the life of one.

Ex Machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ex Machina
"You ain't got what it Takes."

With those famous words Gambler sprang into action, taking down his son and would be killer without hesitation or mercy. Ryan was stunned by the sped of the attack and the fluidity of the mans movements. Ryan was a thief and so was not a stranger to miraculous acts of acrobatics. In today's competitive market the line between thief and assassin was all too blurred. But the Cajun made dodging a bullet look easy. In that instant all thoughts of confronting the Outlawz went out the window. Ryan was no pushover, but he wasn't even on their level. That said he wasn't going to roll over and let a bunch of thugs unleash hell on earth. His light fingers wouldn't get him far if demons were running the show. Instead he tried to think of a way to use his particular talents to get in the way of the Outlawz' plans. It was at that point that Gambler picked up the scroll and left the room casually, as if he hadn't just killed his own blood.

The scroll. That was the key to it all. This whole mess had started with the scroll being read so hopefully it would end if it was destroyed. Or at least Ryan hoped so. Quickly he turned away from the bloodied body on the ground and slipped through the shadows to the window through which he had entered. Five minutes later and he was safe outside, hidden from view by the truck of a large tree. The young thief breathed the fear out of his chest before holding up his hand. Out of a small device in his palm pale blue light spewed, taking the form of a woman around his age. She was tall and slender, with vaguely exotic features and shoulder length hair.

"Ai, I need you to hack into the communications devices of Veritas, I want to know what America's finest know. Then find out where Gambler is going, I don't care how."

The computer program known as Ai flickered and disappeared, already working on the problems she had been assigned as Ryan followed her instructions. Tailing the deadly leader of the Outlawz. He didn't have a clear plan in mind. Just wait for an opportunity to grab the scroll and then hope for the best. Almost as an afterthough he spoke to the computer again.

"When youve got the time, see what you can find about this scroll and the key it details. It wouldn't hurt to know whats at stake."
The Wondering Spider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veritas HQ

Adam and Sammy were getting as much information as they could about the geography of la Republica Dominicana and the exact location of El faro de Colon. At that same moment finally Slinger arrived walking through the door he goies straight to the point as he makes his way to the computer.

"This is trouble Spider. We're under staffed as it is since we lost the Wanderer, if Kurrent is gone we wont have much of a chance against whatever is after this key."

Slinger walked over to the large supercomputer in the war room and brought up a large world map,

"There's a global positioning system built into our communicators so we can keep track of each other in case we get separated, but there's something wrong. Kurrent isn't showing up."

“Didn’t notice that Sherlock.”
Mumbles Sammy, Adam looks at her and driving his right hand to his lips he makes the zip your lips signs at his assistant, Sammy just smiles back at Adam mocking him.

Slinger had brought up Kurrent’s last position,  then opened up all communications channels so he could address not only Adam, but also the team members that weren't at the base,

"Our first priority is to find and rescue Kurrent, until then, everything else is on hold. I've sent his last known coordinates to each of your watches. We lost contact somewhere in Santo Domingo. All available Veritas members get to the Dominican A.S.A.P. We'll rendezvous there in about twenty minutes."

Slinger then cuts communication and drove his attention at Sammy and Adam "What are you waiting for? Saddle up." Sammy jump off her chair standing straight rising her right hand above her head like a soldier “YES SIR!” Sammy walk right in front on Adam to the door “Exactly where do you think your going?” Adam ask Sammy while he get up from the chair and grabbed his bag, Sammy keeps walking and replies “I’m going to save Kurrent, didn’t you heard the knight? All Veritas members.” Adam crossed his arms and laugh sarcastically. “ Wait, What are you doing?” shouted Sammy.

Adam was about to board the jet and right before boarding he talk to one of the guards “right after we leave go to the war room and help my assistant out of the webbing.” Adam’s attention is caught up by the flamed city in the distant, then he adds

“Listen what ever happen don’t let her out of your sight and give her a good weapon we don’t know what might happen, the city have gone mad and we never know what might happen.”  

The aircraft that Veritas had at their disposal were truly magnificent. Marvels of modern science, they came complete with advanced cloaking devices and powerful engines that could make a trip around the world in about an hour. Not to mention an impressive array of weapons. The heroes were airborne in no time, and only as they circled New York City could they comprehend the true scope of the massive destruction that was happening. The Big Apple was in flames, never had the Slinger seen such destruction, he had to fight the urge to land and do what he could to help, but he knew that there was nothing he could do to pacify the city's population.

Adam has looking at the flamed city he has second thoughts about leaving Sammy behind, thinking that maybe she was safer with him. Slinger notice that Adam was worried looking out the window.  

"There's nothing we can do for them right now Spider, we just have to focus on the mission at hand."

Dominican Republic.

It wasn't long before the heroes touched down. Slinger made sure all of the heroes that made it were completely aware of all that was happening, Alpha guard had join the lot and things were already feeling better. Adam fallowed the team to the tomb being careful having his senses alert and ready for the worse, if a strong hero like Kurrent was actually taken down, Adam knew that who ever did it is no pushover.

The three could already see the location “OK we are here time to bust some faces!” Adam was walking forward but then Alpha Guards brings something up to attention. “Hold on, for all we know we're walking into a trap. It might be better if we split up, just in case Kurrent's being held down there by someone and his friends try to come in from behind and take us too. Just a thought.” Adam realize the Guard was right and was brainstorming a split up strategy but then Adam notice there was too much moment in the guarded facility. The Civilian were running out from the tourist attraction.

Adam’s spider sense then stroke on his mind hard he even hold his head with both his arms “Spread out something is wrong!” Adam then jump to a tree and cling up to the top of it to get a better sight, “Woa!” Adam saw the gathering of a army it was gathering around the lighthouse, the danger sense was constant like if there was some kind of energy spreading “Everyone stay focus.” The power of he key was making Adam have some sort of aggression effects even toward his teammates but he fought it as he could “S-Slinger!” Adam point at the distance and notice that the guards are going in the lighthouse in numbers he resumes his lattes statement.

“Their on the move, there can’t be a trap if they are completely expose! lets go!"
Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kurrent

For a long time Kurrent had believed that each day you play the cards that you are dealt. On this day Kurrent was handed King. Every other circumstance that he could think of he would have folded but today that was his trump card. It was obvious that the meta humans that had tortured the hero were not on the same page as Gambler. They quickly changed the game and after a tussle Kurrent had been freed and had found a temporary ally in Gambler and with everything riding on the next few hours Kurrent spoke....

“Get you’re ass up Cajun. We ain’t outta this yet. Get your sh!t together, get my back, and you an I will settle up another time. Now LETS MOVE” After looking around he said again  "I don't know how strong my blast was, any second these guys could wake up"

Two Rogue Meta's were on the loose as well as the Dominican guards that are probably under their employ. They were in the bottom floor under the mausoleum, the hero estimated about 100 feet under ground by counting the pace steps of the person that was carrying him when they first arrived. He looked again over at Gambler as he began to walk up the stairs thinking by this time Veritas should be there if they got supicious. Then he thought if they were it would be no time before the dozens of guards outside would start making contact. The country uses guerrilla tactics and it's safe to assume these guards would do the same.

Reaching the top of the stairs he looked at his right hand. It had began to swell and he could not feel any of his broken fingers. Now just before reaching the door that lead outside the animosity he had towards Gambler was nothing but evident. Before he would leave the room and fight a war alongside his enemy he had to speak..."Gambler, I know that you are an evil bastard but bringing back the Army of Hell, You think Kiara is going to hand HER army over to you, at the end of the day her loyalties are with Arrow anyway you and I both know that" He paused for a second then a smile creeped up on his face as he said "Foolish move for such a brilliant strategist"

With the door that lead outside cracked open he began to hear gunfire, that had to mean his team was around. He didn't wait for Gambler to respond to his remarks, they were simply said so gambler can let it  burn. With the brightness of the day blinding him for a second he paused and readied himself and sprang into action noticing a few of his teammates but not before looking back at Gambler and saying "No funny business Cajun"

Acer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Acer

Acer was moving at high speeds through the air, the jet came equipped with a built in stealth came, this would disguise him from any jets that were in the sky looking for the key. All he could think about was his son and how he was going to sort this whole situation out. There was two choices he had been presented with, the first of these two choices was to sacrafice the life of one of his most beloved to save the lives of friends and complete strangers, those people who he saved constantly and never got any recognition. The second of these choices was to put the world on the brink of an apocalypse all to save his own son who stood little chance of surviving hell's opening, either way the fate of his son loooked bleak and all the signs were pointing to his death.

Acer looked at the coordinates of the last known location of hayden, it seemed like she had been spotted just somewhere off the coast of the atlantic ocean but how did these people know where to find her and how did they know she had the key. Putting down the coordinates on the computers tracking system Acer allowed the jet to fly by itself. Knowing that if he did find hayden and was forced to fight her for the key he would need to be at his best, this was no ordinary opponent this was a ninjan and arguably one of the most powerful. This time he would spend self meditating, getting his body ready to take on an opponent who far outclassed him but for the sake of his son he had to find away to beat her.

Just as he was part way through his meditation the com link on the jet began to become static as a message came through, "I bet your wondering how we know about all of this, the location of the ninja and how we know she has the key" the voice was that of the man who had instructed Acer his orders. "Tell me how" trying to stay calm but in truth every time that man spoke a rage would build inside Acer. "It's because we have scouts all over the world, you really think those you saw in that basement and on that screen were the only ones, there is alot more of us, as we speak we have captured the greatest hero and the greatest villain" only two people sprang to mind Kurrent and Gambler and if they had them who knew what else they were capable of. "To long have we watched the likes of you get all the fame, people like Sha, Nova, Kurrent take all the credit while we so called B list heroes and villains are forced to pick up your trash well enough tonight we take the world and your going to help us, now move quicker Hayden is on the move"

Acer couldnt believe what he was hearing, he could understand the villams reason for doing this but the heroes it made no sense, they had lost sense of what being a hero is all about, being a hero is about saving those in need to save the world when no one else will. You should never ask for something in return, the glory should be in making the world a better place even if it is just for one more day. Travelling across the surface of the ocean, the water splashing up as the bottom of the jet skimmed across the surface. Looking for any sign of lfe forms, the jet picked up two energy signals nearby, both of them taking off in different directions, One of them must be Hayden but he had no idea who the other was, making a choice Acer followed one of the life forms. Whatever the life form was it was moving quite fast, finally catching up with it, Acer landed the jet on the water and opened the cockpit and stood up were he noticed Sha, "Hey hey Sha" Acer was happy to see her but he had no idea that she had yet again turned to the darkside.

Mer-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mer-Man

The two stood there in shock of who, more like what was before them. He knew that they were there, so that ruled out a sneak attack. They would have to confront him up close and personal. A shudder went through Francis’ entire body at the thought. The man, no the Monster, was pure evil. Blood stained his expensive looking suit as he stood on the dock smoking a cigarette. The air in the vicinity of him seemed…. Toxic and sick and it swirled around him as if it were a mere servant to him. He began to taunt them.

"Alright,  Fish Sticks, two ways we can do this.......We can fight, same old same old, nothing interesting, Last man standing gets the piece of the key. OR......" He put his hand on the hilt of his sword and unsheathed it. “You can give the key to me now and spare your fiancee's life.........Well, c'mon, pick one"

Francis glanced at Zora after his statement. It infuriated him. He wanted to kill him, to make him suffer, make him bleed and make him feel unimaginable pain….. but wait, Francis had never felt that way before, even before the most cruel of enemies, he had always wanted to spare their lives or bring them to justice, so why was he so enraged now? He looked down and saw the key piece floating to the bottom of the ocean, Its red ruby eyes embedded in the skull were taunting him, corrupting him. It would feel so good to give in to kill and to torture, but he couldn’t . He would not lose his soul for just a few moments of bloodlust. His strong will was about to be put to the test.

Francis grasped his magical and unbreakable trident so hard his knuckles seemed like they would break through his tough, scaly skin. Clouds loomed over the three of them. A storm was coming, and as the first raindrops began to fall, Zora and Francis changed from fin to legs and began to walk on shore in a combat stance as if they were lions about to pounce on prey. But this wasn’t the nice and sickly gazelle that was ideal for the kill. No, Drifter was an angry elephant. He cracked his neck and let the two know with a smile on his face that he was ready.

The two rushed at him, working together perfectly as if in a ballet, using their speed and agility to move back and forth hoping to confuse him. Poisonous spines came out of Zora’s body and an electrical current swirled around Francis. The two moved faster and faster until they got close enough to attack, Francis going high with an electrically charged trident and Zora going low in an attempt to paralyze Drifter with the poison in her spines.

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Akira Overdrive
"Akira,your considerably close to the key."

A voice hummed into Akira's com-link as the Death Dealer marveled at the towering Mayan temple that lay silently and seemed virtually immovable.He looked up at the ancient stone temple that hid in the deep jungles of South America and quickly unbuckled the holsters for his two high tech pistols and slowly dusted off his boots and tightly strapping his vest down preparing to move in to the  temple.Akira had been sent on the mission by Gambler in hopes of gaining one of five keys that unlocked the hells army,its taken longer then a month for AO  to find and crack down on the location but as he got closer he noticed that he wasn't alone,it seemed in chase of the piece he needed,he was being pursued by the devil and its minions,AO patiently waited.

The stairs seemed a task all on there own,but Akira crouched down and dashed off in a blink of an eye,rushing through the stone with amazing speed and stamina,and finally reaching the top.He turned around to look back at the bottom of the stairs and found devilish creatures staring him down,and growling with malicious intent,they were the minions of hell and wanted his head and to make sure he didn't touch that piece.From the back of beast one stepped forward with a sneer then spoke in a dark tone.

"You,will advance no further.Victory is ours human."

Under the ski mask of Akira's black ops attire he smirked and reached for his strap that holstered two M-67 frag grenades and at that moment the beast leap into the air charging and wanting nothing but Akira's blood and flesh.The Ghost in the Machine pulled the pins of his grenades and launched with impeccable aim for the minions in the air then unlatched his pistols firing and letting off several explosions as his lead met the metal shell of the M-67s.The smoke cleared and after wards Akira Overdrive was no where in sight,having retreating into the temple to gain his piece.

Ex Machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ex Machina

The Museum of Natural history was full of light, even at such a late hour. The building was guzzling enough power to run several city blocks with its impressive light display and security systems. Ryan stood looking up at the century old architecture, looking for a possible route to the roof as he ran over the plan in his mind. Gambler and the Outlawz had the resources to travel anywhere in the world quickly, but Ryan was just a simple thief and so couldnt afford any high powered jets or helicopters. So he needed another way to get where he was going in time to do any good. Hence the museum.

"Where are the Outlawz?"

The computer program blinked into life and Ai appeared, hovering on his shoulder with her legs dangling down.

"The Dominican Republic, Columbus' tomb. This is the only way."

Without another word Ryan flicked up the hood of his top and started to run up the steps, his bag flapping behind him. Unlike the Outlawz hideout he couldnt simply run up the walls as the stone was old and weathered, meaning that the micro-filaments that suspended him would tear chunks out of it. So he had to resort to more conventional means. He felt the power build up in his legs, a pressure within his calves that would be release in an explosive burst of movement. With a thought he disengaged his conscious mind from his body and let the free running program take over. Instantly he leaped upwards, grabbing hold of the stonework above the door. Pulling himself up he jumped sideways and swung his legs up around the protruding flagpole, using his momentum to swing him around before he released, gaining another few feet. Through leaps and bounds as well as the odd scramble he reached the roof before taking back control over his actions.

The building seemed even taller from the height and he whistled appreciatively before padding across the roof to a relay substation that sat humming, supplying power to the entire building. Reaching out he opened the service box and made a few adjustments before stepping back. A sudden surge of power shot through the system, melting the wires that the current ran through and setting off every alarm in the museum. Ryan smiled as he imagined the panic that the night guards were feeling at that moment and moved to the roof access door. Without the electronic lock it simply pushed open, allowing him  to dash down the stairs and into the museum proper.

Ever light in the building had been blown by the surge it seemed. Fortunately Ryan's contact lenses could adjust to the darkness, lighting everything up in lurid shades of green. He moved quickly to the halls until he reaches a certain exhibit. The notice said that it was an example of native American cave art, but the young thief knew better. One look from his trained eye told him that it was a teleportation field generator. A strange example of high technology for native Americans to have had three thousand years ago, but judging from some of the symbols scrawled on its surface the device wasn't terrestrial. He felt a tingle as Ai jumped into the dormant system and powered it up, the long disused energy cells crackling and throwing off sparks as they warmed up for the first time in centuries.

"Stop what your doing and turn around slowly."

Ryan swore under his breath before raising both hands and turning on the spot. A security guard stood a few feet away from him, a revolver clutched in his shaking hands. The mans eyes widened as he saw that the intruder was just a teenager. Perfect. Ryan opened his hand and let the flash bomb fall, the pin dangling from his finger. The man didn't know what hit him. Blinding light and a deafening boom knocked him to the ground. Fortunately Ryan's eyes were impervious to the bomb, the contact lenses once again coming in handy. With a roar the teleporter came online and Ai jumped back into his body. It was now or never. The young thief turned and jumped into the rippling sphere of blue energy without hesitation. The portal closing after him as the device ran out of power and shut down, this time permanently. Leaving only the disorientated guard in the room with the destroyed exhibits.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The very air around him twisted at his whim, darkness and shadows spinning round his fingers tips,watching from the dock as his insults cut like a knife into the hero. Fire swirling inside the heroes very soul, this man was infuriated, enraged....a feeling all too unfamiliar to Mer-Man. Oh how that face looked so wonderful, reminding the villain of his former self. A glimpse in the past when he was given his choice......To continue and fight the good fight, or to walk down his destined path like an angel fallen from grace. To Murder, to torture, and to just let himself go.  Self control and will-power would be pushed to it's limits tonight for the young Atlantean.  The Mer-people stepped ashore, in there fighting stances ready to brawl. Mer-man reaching for his indestructible trident, passed from his mother, queen of the oceans as Zora began her assault, quils of a puffer exploding from every last inch of her body, but she would'nt "Walk" away from this fight.

Rain dripping on his blood stained coat, charging foward himself, swinging his sword with great power, knocking back Zora and her paralyzing spines, blood spewing from her mouth.... unforunatly Drift was left open to electrifying trident. Screams of pain erupting from the Drifters mouth as the bolts of energy coursed through him.... "How does that feel!?" Taunted the Mer-man before he ran to his fiancee, making sure she was Ok.

A smirk then plastered across the villains face, realizing that the best way to kill a hero is to pluck at the heartstrings.  Charging once more,  knocking the hero back in a rush of blind rage, he slowly began to pummel the woman when she was down. Brutally, punching, kicking, using the hilt of his sword to grind into the nerv endings, beating her unmercifully to the point she could'nt transform her fin back into legs.  Spitting on both of there bodys, Drifter drew his camera. Photographing the violent remains.

The photos would be mailed to Gen. Next. HQ, and everything would go according to plan.