Children of the Damned HQ

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@becauseimanerd: (How come Elias used a holographic image on his face? and would Ronin see or is it seamless? BTW love your interaction with the AI lol)

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: (The holographic projection alters Elias' facial features, so you won't know what he actually looks like. And yeah Mairi is very fun to write. =) )

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: (Unless Ronin has extensive training that would allow him to see through a realistic looking hologram, no. And thanks!)

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@becauseimanerd: (Ok just checking, didn't want to sound dumb lol)

Oz watched as Elias inhaled the sandwiches, letting out a soft chuckle. He also picked up on the voice change. Ronin listened to his answer carefully, he was very familiar with wanting to make up for the blood on ones hands. He respected Elias' honesty, there was really no reason for him to tell the truth yet he did. As Elias finished his story and put out the sandwich request Ronin chuckled, pulling out the final plate.

"I understand what it's like to want to make up for past sins. A lot of people here do." He paused, deciding to pull off his mask. He wanted to show a sign of trust in return. "If you're interested in joining us, I'd be glad to have you. If not, feel free to stay here for a few days." He didn't want to force the man into joining and either way he'd help him out. "By the way, the real name is Ozzy Winters."

@lioness_

(forgot to answer you earlier, sorry xD)

"So you're trying to tell me you're a Parcheesi girl?" Ronin joked, hoping to amuse and not offend. "I'm sorry to hear though, you didn't deserve any of that. I might be able to relate, if you ever need to talk." He smiled, genuinely caring for his teammate and friend.

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin:

"A what?" Her mechanized eye and brow rising in curiosity of what he was referencing to. "Don't worry about it i don't resent what I am or how I grew up. I'm just saying I never played a game be it football poker Battleship or Halo I didn't play it. Was all tinkering and hunting for this cat."

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lioness_:

"Parcheesi, it's a boardgame.,,,,Nevermind." He smirked. "So what do you do for fun then, huh? Besides beating people up I mean."

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin:

"I tinker, make various little gadgets and such." Removing her right glove revealed a missing index finger. Reaching she pulled out the crewd but completely functional early aged cybernetic. "This was one of my first creations. Oh and I built these" the projection of skin dissipated on her robotic arm and then opened to reveal a series of ports memory chips and hacking tools. Enthused to share she removed her other glove as well and began unfolding the intricate layers. "Grappling hook. Hidden blades and one of my favorites piano wire. And you already saw the armor and weapons. But what you haven't seen." She whistled an old army tune and with it a drone emerged from the backpack of Lioness a hovering platform with various weapons and gizmos. "Never named it but this little guy hell is why I wasn't found a corpse on the shores of Gothic. That's my hobbie."

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lioness_:

Ronin watched with pure amazement, he had no idea how much of Tori was machine or how much was human. "His name is Cornelius." Ronin grinned, naming the little gizmo. "So, if you don't mind me asking...what percentage of your body is machine?"

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Choosing to let the cover dissipate she revealed her various marks from conflict. "Right index finger, as you saw while my left arm in it's entirety is machine. My right leg from knee down and left foot also robotic. Lastly my right eye is also machine. I've also this scar on my right hand from the other night and this scar from a sai" the blonde revealing the circular mark in her left shoulder next to a stab wound both just a centimeter or so from the steel. A indent of no designated purpose resided on her mechanized arm "designed to remind me of an old scar from a broken elbow." Near the ankle of her left leg resided a old cigaret burn turning over her wrists revealed a slash there, another old cut shown half way along Victoria's neck."this is where I almost lost my left eye, was my first kill. "Taken bullets here and here" pointing to her ribs and thigh on the right side. "Got stabbed in my right knee. I've also a whip mark on my back and a biohazard sign branded below the belly button. The brand was to be a reminder of what I fought. And then I've the ink obviously" gesturing to the roaring lioness tattooed on her right bicep. "Well now you know. Cornelius works what led you to that?"

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Becauseimanerd

@dwronin:

I stared at Ronin's face, contemplating his offer. I usually worked alone, but, with my secret out, I needed friends. Plus, the chance to atone for my past mistakes was too great to ignore. There was only one other factor that could influence my decision.

What do you think?

What do I think? When did you start caring about my opinion?

I've always valued your opinion, Mairi. It's just that sometimes it's a stupid opinion, so I ignore it.

Is that supposed to make me feel better?

No. I'm just telling you the truth.

Well... We have nothing better to do...

I smiled, before beginning to speak.

I'm in.

( Sorry this took so long. A lot of stuff came up yesterday.)

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lioness_:

Ronin examined all of her scars, he knew each had an interesting story. He wouldn't ask her to explain them though, just incase they were touchy subjects. Each member of the COD had a dicey past, Victoria was no different. "It's no fun being human, right? I'm covered in quite a lot of scars as well. Builds character I say." He smirked, trying to lighten the mood, then shrugged. "Not really sure, just looks like a Cornelius to me."

@becauseimanerd

He watched as Elias seemingly contemplated the decision in his head. The man looked so worn out, it probably wasn't easy trusting someone. Lack of sleep causes paranoia, especially when you're being chased down by tons of assassins. Either way Ronin would respect his decision and help him anyway he could as long as Elias was upfront with him. He seemed to be so far, which was good. Elias looked up at Oz, a smile was present. "I'm in." Ronin smiled as well, something told him he had made a new friend. He put his hand out to shake. "Glad to have you."

(Sorry as well, I was working in the city and was way to tired to post, but I'm back now!)

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Fair enough Cornelius it is." She remarked letting the nanotech reconceal her various scars and cybernetics. "It doesn't phase me hard work has a price. But you asked so I gave the rundown. Though I disagree on the fun part I rather enjoy what I do and am. Thus why besides some hacking gear this hand is a hand and not some twenty ton strength super weapon."

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin:

"Glad to have you."

Very few people had ever been glad to have me. Perhaps this really was my second chance. Maybe this was the chance to atone that I had been looking for. Or perhaps this was fate's way of presenting me with another family that I would have to abandon, or worse. Only time would tell. While I contemplated the possible results of my hasty actions, I let out a yawn. The yawn reverberated through my body, causing aches and pains throughout, as if to remind me of the question that had been burning in my mind since I decided to trust this man I had just met. I reached for his hand and shook it, before asking the singular most important question that had seared itself into my mind.

So where do I sleep?

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lioness_:

"Not sure if that was a jab at me but I do love my super strong Cybernetic arm." He joked, giving her a wink. As always he was impressed with the way she handled things. He wondered if anything really did bother her, she probably wouldn't tell him if things did.

@becauseimanerd

"Yeah I'd imagine you must be beat." Ronin waved his hand, beckoning for his new teammate to follow him. "Here is the main living quarters. This used to be a super soldier base, which explains the one room with many beds. There's also a few rooms down the hall if you'd like some more privacy." Ronin was glad to be helping these people, he felt like he had purpose. "Whenever you do wake up, call me. We can figure out a plan on taking out the guys after you, if need be."

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Becauseimanerd

@dwronin:

A sort of relief swept through my head as the man codenamed Ronin showed me the bunks. I suppose he tried to explain the background of the building or what to do when I woke up, but I wasn't listening. The moment I saw the beds, the only thing I could think of was sleep. As soon as Ronin left to my own devices, I crashed on one of the bunks. Despite the rock hard nature of the bed I had selected, I soon found myself drifting to sleep.

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lioness_

@dwronin:

"Not at all honestly if anything your cybernetics are the more practical choice. However I like being human trying to maintain such image despite my wounds. It'd be easy to resent all that I am but the road taken is more rewarding." She remarked with a regal and warrior like demeanor. "But enough of my damned past let's here yours." The smile and tone suggesting the remark was more in jest.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"... Huh." The beastling said to herself as she stepped into the rather bland living area, as she was expecting something, well, less military. She sighed and shrugged off her distastes, walking up to a bed with a window beside it and dropping a backpack beside it. "Well this is... fine, I guess. But I think it's missing a little something." She said, opening her backpack up and pulling out an potted plant and placing it on the windowsill, so it could get enough sunlight. "Well that's as good as it's gonna get." She said, falling onto the bed and sighing. She could always just 'poof' back to her home, but she signed up for... whatever this was, and she planned to see it through.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lioness_:

He nodded, he agreed with the way she felt. Following that path was another story though. "My parents were scientist that were working on a cure for memory loss. They were bought out by the organization LinkTech, who turned out to be an evil organization that created supersoldiers. When my parents tried escaping they murdered them in front of me, then they abducted me. Turned out my father didn't finish the cure, it was only made for his DNA, so they used it on me and turned me into a brain washed weapon, capable of learning any skill in a seemingly impossible short amount of time."

@_ophelia_

Ronin leaned on the door frame, his mask was off. "Yeah it's a bit of a fixer upper." He walked into the room, checking out the plant. "This wasn't a very friendly place before I made it home. It's our job to change that." Oz looked up, a friendly smile was present. He felt bad for the girl, he didn't know much about her but he knew she should be somewhere more homey. A former evil super soldier building factory just wasn't that.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By _Ophelia_

@dwronin:

Sitting up as the man entered, she nods to his comment; she didn't recognize his face, but she remembered his voice. "Yeah... I understand that." She said with a little bit of a smile. It could of been worse and she knew that, she just had to get used to it. "Oh and it's, uhh, mint." She said, noticing he was examining the potted plant. "I like the way it smells, and it helps me get around." The beastling shrugged lightly nervous, hoping he didn't mind.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_:

"It helps you travel around?" He inhaled the scent, it did smell good. "It's a good addition to the room, I'm not much of a decorator but I like it." He took a seat on a bed across from her, "So tell me about yourself." Oz smiled.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By _Ophelia_

@dwronin: "Yeah, it's... well, weird." Ophelia said, debating on whether or not she should show him, but before she could decide he continued the conversation; which she was grateful for. "Well, umm... my name is Ophelia Chase, I'm 19 years old, I live in London, I'm a mu-tate and not a mu-tant..." She summed her facts up quickly, and nervously. "And... I can do this." She said, turning to the mint and touching it lightly. In an instant, she was gone... just 'poofed' away. A few minutes later she'd reappear, this time holding a paper bag and a soda from a nearby fast food restaurant. "Ta-da." She said sarcastically, taking a drink of her soda light-heartily.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: "London? Gothic must be a huge difference, huh?" He chuckled, impressed with her trick. "How exactly does that work? And how did you get your powers?" He was interested in the girl's powers and backstory, she seemed different from the others on the team, more cheery.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: "Yeah it is a lot different... more gunshots, for example." Ophelia said with a chuckle, pulling some fries from the bag. She thought about how to answer his second quest before she took a bite. "It's hard to explain... well, umm, you don't believe in fairies do you?" She said nervously.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: "Yeah..this place needs people like us.." He had a troubled expression, but shook it off. Ronin leaned over, rudely grabbing a fry with a little grin. "I've met Cyborgs, Mutants, Gods, Angels, Werewolves, vampires, aliens, clones and monsters. A fairy is not much of a stretch."

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: "Well then, I'll just say fairies help me do that thingy." She said, not wanting to over-complicate the conversation too much. "You can just ask, you know." She said with a smile as he took a french fry.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: "Go on, I'd like to know more." He ate the french fry. "What's the fun in that?" He teased, giving a friendly wink. He reached over, pushing the potted plant away from the edge of the windowsill.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Okay... well, all plants have this spiritual connection to one another. The 'roots of life', as corny as that sounds. Fairies are the ones who keep the spiritual roots 'healthy' and as such can travel through them. I was given the same abilities, though it's hard to learn." Ophelia said, summarizing the power as best she could in words. The whole situation was confusing to her, she didn't want to confuse him too.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DwRonin

@_ophelia_: He nodded, he had heard crazier stories so this one wasn't too much to handle. "So what makes you so special that you were given the same abilities?" Ronin didn't mean for it to sound rude, but it was a legitimate question.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: "Well... according to the faeries, my however many times great grandmother served the faeries in a similar way, but they never really told me the details... and haven't even told me what to do with my abilities yet. They aren't as talkative as me, I guess." She said with a shrug.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: "Hmm.. interesting. Will I meet any of these faeries?" He teased. "What are your other abilities? and do you know how your grandmother served them?"

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: "Oh yeah, there is one on your shoulder right now." She said sarcastically, thinking about her abilities as he asked her about them. "Well, I've got the whole superhuman physical going on, animal senses, and you know I got the pheromones." She said, counting her powers with her fingers as she talked. "Oh and... I can sort of talk to animals." Ophelia says, with a slightly embarrassed tone.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: Oz chuckled, Ophelia was funny. It was nice being around her, especially in such a dreary city. "Huh, no way. You actually have conversations with them or just give them orders?"

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: "It's really weird, it isn't like talking to a person... I can order them around, though I'm still trying to get the hang of it so it isn't really reliable yet." She was surprised how well he was taking it, he seemed to understand her situation better than she did... or maybe she was just over complicating things for herself.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: "That could be useful in the field, I'd love to see it." Ronin wanted to be supportive. She seemed self conscious on the subject, so he didn't want to make her feel worse. He remembered what it was like to be her age, even though he was in a completely different situation, a different mindset.

Spectrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gothic City was nothing like the brochure, which promised a fascinating skyline and a welcoming community. Then again, that brochure seemed a bit outdated with its depictions of victorian era design archetypes. Nonetheless the scarred sky surely was a point of fascination and the community was surely quite welcoming, until they got you into that dead end alleyway...

The furious patter of hard footsteps against cement completely grabbed Hikari's attention as he sauntered down the streets in search of the HQ. Bags in hand, his head darted about as muffled cries and heavy panting could now be heard. Wishing to be uninhibited Hikari dropped his bags and vanished before they hit the ground.

"Stop squirmin'!" The vagrant yelled as one hand clenched the woman's head and drove her face first into the wall. A bloodcurdling scream filled the air as the crimson fluid began to flow profusely from her forehead. "I'm only going to tell you once. Let her go," A strong yet youthful voice spat, shrouded in darkness by the shadows. "Huh? Who's there? Show yourself!" The vagrant demanded, clutching tightly onto the woman before four swift kicks to his jaw misaligned it. Forcibly releasing his grip the vagrant whirled around from the force of the blow before a fifth struck his temple, rendering him unconscious.

Visibly shaken by the sudden occurrence the wounded woman slid back as the silhouette turned its focus upon her. Stepping into the moonlight with a vibrant grin upon his handsome boyish features, her savior, Hikari offered his hand. After a short moment of analysis the woman gladly took it, only to be lifted onto his back and instantaneously transported to a rooftop. "Uhhhmmmm, I'm kind of new around here, so if you could point me in the direction of the local super heroes HQ I'd greatly appreciate it."

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Becauseimanerd

@spectrion:

I invisibly crept through the choking smog that always seemed to block out the moon in Gothic City. I was deep in thought. Although I had recently joined a team, the Children of the Damned hadn't quite worked out what to do with themselves as of yet, so I would occasionally go out on a patrol of the city. Generally I could find a crime within seconds in this godforsaken cesspit of a city, but tonight things were surprisingly calm. In fact, all I could hear was the patter of my footsteps, the noise of the traffic below, and the sound of tetriminos clicking together, as my AI played Tetris in my head.

Mairi, how exactly did you buy Tetris on yourself?

I'm a supercomputer. I just took the games source code and rebuilt the game from scratch.

Huh.

Yeah. I'm neat like that.

Suddenly, a singular scream pierced through the musky night air, resonating through my head and chilling my bones to their core. Within miliseconds, Mairi pinpointed the screams location. I shot through the gloomy sunlight of Gothic City like an over caffeinated psychopath. Soon, I saw the source of the screaming. A smelly, fat, rather ratty looking man had a young lady's head in a vice grip.

Is it Monday already? I'd completely forgotten.

Elias, that woman is having her head beat onto a brick wall.

Right. Sorry.

I drew out my gun and prepared to shoot the vagrant in the back, when I saw a flicker of movement. For a split second a shadow moved slightly out of place. There was someone else here. Of course, instead of retaining the element of surprise the new arrival gave the vagrant a warning. He was obviously new at this. A being of below average intelligence could have detected the new figure's location by tracking the sound of his voice, but this vagrant was either drunk or very stupid. Quite possibly both. So instead of attacking immediately, the poor imbecile shouted back a command for the newcomer to show himself. If I had a nickle for every time that command ended well, I would have zero nickles. Sure enough, seconds later the guy was unconscious and on his back. The vagrant's agressor emerged from the shadows and offered his hand to the wounded woman. Even in the darkness, I could see that the woman's eyes were misty and diluted. Crimson liquid freely poured from her gaping wound. It's acrid scent dotting the unclean night air and further tainting it, so that any attempt at breath would cause a lump to appear in one's throat. In short, she needed medical attention as soon as possible. As fate would have it, the moment the wounded woman took the hand of her savior, the couple teleported onto the building on which I was crouching.

"Uhhhmmmm, I'm kind of new around here, so if you could point me in the direction of the local super heroes HQ I'd greatly appreciate it."

This guy was... interesting. My AI's snickers resounded throughout my head. I quickly deactivated my hologram matrix, and my invisibility ceased. I slowly walked towards the couple with my hands up as a gesture of peace. In a raspy voice, I spoke.

Hi! Now I don't presume to know where you came from, but, in this city, asking random women who've just had their head bashed into a wall multiple times is not the most efficient way to acquire secret information. Now, if you don't mind, I have some medical training...

If they recognize you as that mutant that was tearing up the city for five days, you're going to be punched.

I ignored Mairi and continued my slow approach, hoping that the man would recognize that I was here to help. If he didn't try to stop me, I would rub some salve on the woman's wounds before dressing them with torn off pieces of my cloak, before continuing to speak.

Actually, now that I think about it, asking for the location of the nearest super hero HQ at all is a foolhardy move. I mean, for all I know, you could be a super villain. Yet you don't look like a master of ultimate evil and foolhardiness is a valued trait on the team I belong to... So if you'll give me a second to take this dashing young lady back to her house, I'll show you the way to the nearest hero HQ I can think of. Just note that if you try anything funny, you'll get your ass kicked.

Spectrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@becauseimanerd:

A figure materialized on the rooftop, hands raised in submission, cautiously approaching Hikari, who'd developed a hardened stare as he watched the being approach, unsure of why he did not detect his presence prior to his ascension from the alleyway. Acknowledging his statement and turning back to the woman who seemed to be fading in and out of consciousness, Hikari nodded. "You're right," he calmly stated, placing the woman down gently before shooting his hand out towards the newcomer in a waving motion. "No need, healing is my specialty. just give me a second and she'll be as good as new. Just, watch my back okay?"

A couple of minutes passed as the now glowing hands of the hero were situated just above the wound on the woman's forehead. Slowly cellular regeneration was increased in pace, naturally sowing the gash together piece by piece. "All done, you can take her home now," Hikari said with a bright grin and a thumbs up. "I hope you don't mind if I accompany you? Just to make sure she gets home safe. Then we can check out that HQ you mentioned."

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Becauseimanerd

@spectrion:

I shrugged. This guy didn't seem very villainous. I turned down to the woman. My raspy voice once again rattled off of the inside of my throat.

So where do you live?

In response she let out a horrific scream that echoed through the night.

Help! Somebody help! It's that mutant! He's got me!

Hmmm. I've got to admit, I've never heard of that street.

Help! Help!

I let out a sigh.

Mairi, run facial recognition on this lady. See if you can get her house's location. Preferably before she wakes up everybody on this block.

Got it. Her name's Cameron Rhode. She's twenty-six, had two husbands, is a physical therapis-

House number?

I'll just send you the coordinates. It'll make both our lives easier.

Thanks.

I turned towards the man who wanted to see the HQ.

I have her house's location. Grab her and follow me.

And then I jumped into the smoggy darkness of the night.

Spectrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@becauseimanerd: (Not sure if I could hear Mairi as well...)

Frantic cries for help elicited from the recently rescued individual brought about cause for concern. Tentatively eyeing this unannounced arrival he was beginning to suspect foul play. Extending his hand to the woman, she once again retracted out of fear, yet her gaze remained fixated on the newcomer that stood beside him. "Ma'am, there is nothing to fear. I can ensure your safety for as long as you allow you too." Tense features began to relax as the man took off in the direction of her home and the woman tightly snuggled onto Hikari's back.

Journeying around the border of the city took all of seven minutes and upon arrival Hikari realized the woman had fell asleep. Smiling he cradled her in his arms, entered the surprisingly vacant home, and quietly placed the woman atop a bed delivering a small kiss to her forehead and exiting. Now standing before his newly found cohort Hikari sought to address the woman's unrequited fear. "What was that all about? She was genuinely afraid and it wasn't because of what happened before. She called you a mutant too. Why?" Hikari was unaware of the human mutant turmoil that had plagued this planet for the past century and did not know the term mutant was developed for those with supernatural abilities. Nonetheless he knew from the way she looked at this man, that he'd done something to earn such a response, and Hikari was going to need some information before he'd follow him anywhere.

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrion: (Nobody hears Mairi but Elias.)

For the first time tonight, this guy had genuinely surprised me.

Well, that was the result of the large amount of prejudice "normal people" hold towards mutants.

I continued to study the man's face. He didn't really seem to understand what a mutant was.

You know. Mutants. Homo-Superior and all that jazz. People that randomly develop superpowers genetically. Well anyway, people hate us for being different. Lately, that irrational hatred has grown to the point that people will attack us on the streets.

I momentarily paused. For a second, the only sounds that could be heard was the late night traffic screeching in the distance. Then I continued.

As for the whole "recognizing me" thing, well, a few days ago there was a guy with entirely too much money who was quite determined to kill me. The ensuing fight lasted five days and caused a lot of property damage. It made the whole city pretty much hate my guts. On the bright side, when criminals see me they stop doing what they were doing and try to kill me instead. Things have a way of working out like that.

I gave out a sigh. This city was beautiful at night. Outside the window, the smog captured neon colors of every variety and left a shimmering impression in the darkened air. I let my thoughts drift as I gave the man time to process this information. Whenever he seemed to understand what had occurred, I would return to the Children of the Damned HQ. Whether he followed me or not was his own business.

Spectrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@becauseimanerd:

"Woah," he said, astounded by the overwhelming information and completely flabberghasted for a time. "There are other people with superpowers?" Was all he could muster. Short time spent on this world left him oblivious to news and this had been his first interaction with someone besides Raven whom possessed some type of superhuman abilities. "Here I was this whole time thinking I was the only one. Well that just makes things easier. As for the other thing, you gotta keep things peaceful man. I'd be scared too if I saw someone like me destroying my town, especially if I don't know the story. But who am I to tell you this, you've been doing this hero thing much longer than I have." Hikari then snickered, right hand retracted to the back of his head for a small scratch while he held a soft grin. "Lead the way to the HQ my friend," he said jovially.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is a bump.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: You never posted with Aesop in Gothic, we could continue that fight :P

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: (That's ok! We could do something here too if you'd like :D)

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: Posted!

Also, I actually wanted to talk to you about a Children of the Damned RPG idea I had if your interested. Yeah I know we haven't finished Counterfeit yet, but I like to plan ahead >.>

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Becauseimanerd

@spectrion:

A grin erupted under my mask. As I exited the woman's house, a raspy sing-song once again plagued the mysterious man's ears as it echoed through the street.

Hey! It's not my fault the guy had a giant robot. It may kind of be my fault that there's now a robot sized hole in the street, but it would have been a bother to disintegrate it before it hit the ground. As for superpowers, well, you haven't seen anything yet.

I made a gesture that indicated that the man should follow me. In nearly the blink of an eye, my shadowy form appeared on a rooftop, before making a series of concise jumps that took me from rooftop to rooftop so quickly that I appeared to be nothing but a blur. Trusting that the stranger could keep up, considering how quickly he had been able to strike the vagrant from before, I continued to speak.

I mean honestly, it's pretty hard to throw a rock and not hit a superhero around here. I mean there are shape-changers, people with complete control of the elements, crazy guys in bat costumes, whiny psychic super computers-

Hey!

Hell, I've heard people say that they've seen anthropomorphic turtles in ninja costumes in Gothic City. From what I've seen so far, I believe every word of it.

Do I even need to mention what a security risk it is to bring some random guy into the HQ?

Honestly? No.

Then why-

Because the last time I helped somebody without any reason or force of logic behind my decision, I met you.

Oh...

Oh? I was expecting a snarky or sarcastic comment.

Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't meet your expectations.

I grinned again.

Stopping at what appeared to be an old and abandoned building, I turned to the man who I assumed had been following me.

Mairi any life signs nearby?

You, that guy, the Children, and a large amount of fungus in the mini-fridge.

Alright.

In a hushed tone, I spoke to the man I had led to the HQ.

This is it. I know it doesn't look like much, but... Well, just follow me inside. Now, I'm not the one you should ask for the tour. That would be our glorious leader's job. But if you want to join you have to swear not to tell anybody about this place, okay? If you're good with that, talk to Ronin, the aforementioned leader. He'll show you around and probably challenge you to a game of pool. If not, the aforementioned kicking of your ass will take place. Do take your time while you make your decision.

@_ophelia_:

I woke up with a start. The nightmare continued to reverberate through my head. Four times this week had that nightmare had occurred. Four times had I heard the screaming and felt the pain. Four times had my eidetic memory burned the nightmare into my mind permanently, so that it could repeat itself in my head over and over even in my waking hours. Unabashed, I put on what I suppose had been a military uniform but was now an basically an aging brown rag, picked my gauntlets up off the floor, walked into the rec room, and started to make myself some toast. We had no toaster, but electrocuting the bread with my gauntlets was enough to turn the bread into the perfect shade of brown.

Well I see you're finally awake.

Not all of us have the privilege of never having to sleep.

So, what's on the agenda for today? Beat up bad guys? Defend the less fortunate from peril? Watch reruns of Arrow?

I was actually going to try and meet some of my teammates today...

So no Arrow today?

Why do you like that show so much?

A moody vigilante runs around beating up crime, while his trusty female sidekick, who is right all the time, provides good advice and witticisms. It's basically the story of my life.

I rolled my eyes, sat on the couch, and began to eat my toast.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We gotta start using this place more....or at all xD