#151 Posted by Ardor (89 posts) - - Show Bio

"Last Stop: Chicago!"

The driver yelled over the chatter of the crowd as the bus came to a gentle stop at the terminal. Everyone got off with their bags at hand. Gabriel sat in the front as he gazed through the windows swallowing his medication.

"Hey kid!" The driver yelled, "You have to get off!"

Gabriel looked at the driver with his dark toned eyes in a confused gaze. He didn't want to have a fight. With his bag on his lap he clutched it as he left the bus, not uttering a single word to the driver.

"Espero que hay alguien aqui. (I hope there's someone here)."

Swinging the backpack strap over his shoulder, the young Hispanic walked toward sidewalk, assimilating himself within the wave of people.

#152 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

beep "ello luv.....only kidding me again. You should come to New York I do miss you so you've slipped again your not at your best Surreal and you know the way i can make you better make you into the person you are meant to be. I found peopl. Here who could be more too." a scream comes over the answer machine " don't mind her ... She sounds just like your sister good times.... See you when you get here... And tell Harry i miss him."

#153 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Final Arrow:

Harry's voice carried after her as she slammed her suitcase open and began shoving clothing in "Surreal, it can't happen. If you go back to New York he will kill you" she zipped up the case with a flick and raced to the bathroom. Her voice echoed off the tile as she gathered up her makeup case "Harry, you know he won't kill me" she reached into her shower and pulled out her body wash, all of it being thrown into the Chanel carry case that she kept in the cupboard of her small bathroom. "He will, just because he has been obsessed with you this long, does not mean he won't" Harry's eyes followed her around the house, automatically picking up her suitcase and carrying it to the door, his natural courtesy and old school need to treat women like ladies, overriding his fear for her.

"At least fly, you know taking the train leaves you wide open" he sighed. Knowing her response "Don't be silly" she finished putting her lipstick on and flicked her finger at the corners, adjusting her hat "Besides, If I don't go, I am in more danger" she stopped rushing about to place her hands on his shoulders "Harry, you know I have to go, you know it in here" she lightly touched his chest, his blue FBI vest hidden under his crisp white shirt. She reached up on tip toes to kiss him on the cheek, an old friendship gesture long established "I have to go" she opened the door and disappeared as the cab driver buzzed.

#154 Posted by Ultrus (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutant?

Yeah. That's the word they use to describe them. To describe me.

It's a curse, but you can make it a gift. That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to turn it into a gift. I might as well, it's all I've got left.

My salvation. That's it. It's my salvation.

A figure hovered above the windy city, clad in a pair of old jeans and a blue shirt. His jaw bristled with hair, his eyes hazy and distant as they set upon Chicago in it's evening glory. An icy breeze blew across him, doing little to affect his seemingly statuesque body temperature, sending his untidy hair in all directions.

He remained in the air for a single moment more, the same haunted look in his eyes, until he began to fall forwards, slowly gaining speed as he descended until he was plummeting straight towards the earth like a bullet on a dangerous amount of steroids. It seemed he would drive directly into the crust and carry on through the mantle and the core but at the very last possible moment he threw his fists out before him and righted his position, scorching through the city streets, whizzing above vehicles and pedestrians alike, moving with such speed that all they saw was a flicker of blue. They dismissed it as their imagination.

#155 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultrus:

Her office building was one of the few places she ever felt truly at peace, a place of sanctitude and calm. Sipping her hot coffee she stared down at the people below, busy as ants she smiled at them, she felt a sense of ownership over this city. It had been her home for so long, she often felt lost if she was away for too long. She was turning from the window as a flash of blue roared past it, so fast she wasn't even sure she'd seen it. Her mind was sharper than most, but even she began to dismiss the blur seconds after she'd seen it. Turning back to her desk she sat at the computer, waving her hand over the touch screen she bought up her emails and began reading through new cases.

#156 Edited by Ultrus (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surreal SaDiablo:

"Come out of the building with your hands up!"

The police sergeant repeated the command once more before throwing the voice amplifying device at the ground and turning away, giving his force a look of pure bitterness. A distress call had been made over two hours ago by a hotel receptionist after five men had entered and held each of the civilians in the lobby at gun-point, demanding they get a room as high as possible without it being flashy or noticeable on the system. She'd complied and had managed to press the silent alarm whilst typing with a pistol to her temple. Management had thought up a way to incorporate the alarm into the keyboard, replacing the tab button with it.

Two civilians had been taken hostage by the group of balaclava clad men should the police find them. The force had taken a while to mobilize, arriving 30 minutes after the initial crime, which was the stealing of an assortment of priceless jewels from one of Chicago's most prominent jewellery stores. Four innocents had been injured, two more murdered by brutal head shots.

"We've got a SWAT team en route, they're bringing a helicopter. I'm going to try get in from the back, see what it looks like in -"

A thunderclap of sound muffled the rest of his sentence, shattering every window down the street block, leaving shards of glass in the wake of what was once an assortment of squad cars' windows. Each of them hit the ground, pointing their weapons at the sky, prepared to shoot any threats straight out of the air. The Sergeant struggled to regain his composure, suffering from acute hearing problems. He felt a drop of blood trickle down his ear lobe, wincing as it did so. He whipped out his kerchief and dabbed at it, raising his head to locate wherever the tremendous sound had occurred from. It took him a moment to focus on whatever it was, but before long he was sure of it, as was every other officer with him. It was a figure, hovering just outside the very top of the hotel, his arms folded across his chest. He wore a blue t-shirt with casual, faded jeans and a pair of All-Stars. They were unsure what it was around his neck, but it appeared to be a red blanket, or a cape. Each of the cops exchanged disbelieving glances, utterly amazed at this airborne man.

The sergeant was about to pick up the amplifier again to order the being to stand down when bright scarlet light burst from it's face and blew a hole into whichever hotel room he had decided to hover outside of. A police offer confirmed it as the room just one floor above the thieves'.

Holding the kerchief to his ear, the sergeant stared at the man as he disappeared through the man-sized hole he'd created, whispering to himself, "What was that..."

--

The soles of his shoes touched the carpeted floor, and for a moment he paused, indecisive. He'd just travelled across the entirety of Chicago in a matter of seconds and come to an instantaneous stop with equal speed. He ran a hand through his unkempt hair, whistling quietly through his teeth at what he could do, before kneeling and focusing his hearing. It took him less than a nano-second to identify the positions of each thief below just by the way that they shuffled around the room, obviously anxious. One of the men kept rambling, telling the others how they were going to die in prison. The others kept silent, but their breathing suggested that they were equally shaken.

The man in blue centred in on the hostages, sitting tied up in the bathroom, sobbing quietly to themselves. Females, by the sound of things. He nodded once to himself before he took a deep breath and hopped up into the air, floating an inch higher than a normal human being would before he tucked his elbows into his sides and furrowed his brow, pointing the tips of both feet at the floor like a ballerina. He paused in mid-air before shooting at the ground, shredding through the thick layer of cement with such speed and power that when he entered the room below him he failed to stop soon enough, his feet stuck in the next floor. It barely crossed his mind, and without a tinge of effort he stepped out of the rock-hard surface, crossing the room in a milli-second, wrapping his fingers around the nose-piece of a fierce assault rifle, bending it in towards the wielder. Without pausing he turned and wrenched two more weapons out of the hands of a single thief, crumpling the rifles into a single mess of steel, almost comedic in fashion. He let go of it, stepping away and doing the exact same to two more other criminals' guns. He zipped back the way he'd come, grabbing each mess of steel out of the air before they had even touched the floor. After collecting them he dumped them into the centre of the room, coming to a final cease of movement with his muscled arms over his chest.

"- And then I'll drop the soap and - What the h-"

The man in blue's fist struck the smallest of the thieves' jaw in mid-sentence, sending him careening across the room, driven by such momentum that he hit the wall a foot off the ground, collapsing in an unconscious heap, the entire right part of his face severely damaged, his ear, mouth and nose leaking blood. The makeshift hero silently rebuked himself for not being able to pull his punch more. The very last thing he wanted to do was be responsible for a loss of life. It took the other three men a moment to recover, exponentially surprised by the sudden appearance of this mighty man with the red blankie trailing behind him. They glanced down at their fingers, then the pile in the centre of the floor, before exchanging bewildered looks with each other.

"Get him!"

The biggest of them, a man with arm the size of tree trunks, launched himself at the caped crusader in a sloppy spear, as he'd seen Edge do countless times on WWE. The man in blue barely flinched, simply reaching out and grabbing his forehead with one hand and throwing him to one side as if he were nothing more than a rag doll. He burst through the wall and rolled across the corridor outside's floor, coming to a pained stop at the foot of the next suite's door. He groaned, a variety of bones across his body broken and bruised.

"Anybody else want to have a go? No? Then put your arms behind your backs immediately."

They paused, hesitant, trying to find another alternative. Surely all their planning couldn't go to waste like this? They gave each other one more glance, and the fear in their eyes was enough. They put placed their hands behind their spines, unsure as to why. The man in blue blurred for a moment, not even a second, and then they cried out in affliction, feeling the cold steel of their warped weapons wrapped around each's wrists. The formidable man strode calmly past them and without pausing; fired two beams of crimson light from his eyes, searing straight through the cement wall's body. After cutting a reasonably sized hole, he stopped and placed his index finger against it, giving it an ounce of his strength. The block flew from the wall, landing on the roof of a squad car. From below, a cop called out a curse word.

The man in blue grabbed the two men, and ignoring their distressed cries, stepped out of the wall and dropped down a few hundred feet instantaneously, landing in the centre of the street with his knees bent a little. The force of his fall created a diminutive crater around his feet, sending a shockwave in each direction. A few of the squad cars bounced up and down, alarming more than a few of the police officers. They made to point their weapons at the caped figure, but he was back up in the air before they had a chance, entering the building once more and returning with the hostages, who he placed beside the criminals in a much more gracious fashion, nodding at the sergeant as he rose into the air again, his cape fluttering behind him dramatically.

"There are two more of them, unconscious, and the last one; he's napping in one of the bedrooms. He didn't wake up when I dropped by, so I thought I'd leave him for you folks. Keep up the good work."

He winked at him, and then before anybody else could say something he shot into the sky, moving with such speed that all that was decipherable of his figure was an amalgamation of red and blue.

The sergeant paused before turning back to the cop nearest to him. He grabbed him by his collar and pulled him close, hissing in his face.

"Get me SaDiablo. Now."

#157 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultrus:

The streets were frozen over, her feet slipping as she marched down to the recent robbery. Her breath puffed in the air her annoyance muffled inside her warm scarf. Christmas lights flickered around her in the windows of shops, some of them starting to remove the sign of mass mania and shop a holics they referred to as Christmas. A call from the Police Sargent was not an unusual one, though she was only a Private Investigator, any time anything slightly "weird" happened, they called her in. They'd disbanded the section of the force that had dealt with any unusual sightings, she'd always been part of their team as a hired outsider.

Stopping at the lights she peered up at the sky, for some reason her eyes were drawn up there. Since seeing that rather bizarre flash the other day, she'd been having the idea that something had come to her town. The lights changed and she crossed with the hordes of people, flashing lights and crime scene tape wrapped around the building, the ambulances pulling away after checking that no one was too hurt. She'd arrived just as everything was winding down.

"What up Sarg" she grinned as her elegantly dressed form flashed her PI badge at the young cop on guard, who turned to face the grumpy old cop who nodded to let her under "About time you got her kitty" a nickname she'd picked up in her time working as a prostitute for the high class Red Curtain, the arrogant and misogynistic pig he was, he loved to lower her in others eyes by using the name "I believe you called me Sarg" she continued to ignore his crap as she stepped under the ribbon "This looks all very normal though, what you need me for?" he pointed at the crater in the ground and snarled "That look normal Kitty cat?" she whistled as she stepped forward, peering at the hole "You eat beans for breakfast Morrison" she smiled at the young cop who always had a kind word for her, he laughed and stood beside her "Damndest thing, this guy just landed there" he looked up at the sky "then shot off" her eyebrow rose for a second "Shot off?" he nodded "just like that guy in WAL" he gestured "who can fly..." she squinted up at the sun again, bright on this cold day "So what you want me for Sarg?"

#158 Posted by Ultrus (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surreal SaDiablo:

Sergeant Disher gave her another disdainful look, keeping his head turned to one side so that she wouldn't stare at the bandaging around his left ear. "I think it's pretty clear what I want." He turned away, gesturing towards an old cop questioning an on-scene civilian couple. He excused himself, leaving the couple in the hands of another officer. The sergeant took a sheet of paper from the aged man, nodding at him before facing SaDiablo again, raising his hand and sticking it a few inches from her nose. It was a photograph, taken by one of the civilians. It was a picture of a man with his mouth open a little, feet floating a few metres off the ground.

"A pedestrian took this while the guy was talking, giving us the location of the remaining thieves. He mocked us."

The man had an unshaven chin, a prominent jaw and a high set of cheek bones. His eyes were bright blue, almost matching the shirt he wore, seemingly skin-tight, certain parts of it hanging in tatters. A faded Nike symbol was on his upper shoulder sleeve, suggesting he'd bought the item of clothing at a store quite a while ago. He wore jeans, dirty and torn at the knees. To finish off his supposedly casual appearance was a contrasting cape that spread out behind him like a single red wing.

The Sergeant stuck a finger next to the photo, pointing at it whilst holding it up to Surreal's face.

"I want you to find this bozo."

#159 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultrus:

Half hour later she was stepping off one of the trams, yet again cursing her lack of capabilities around motor vehicles "Bozo, he saved your butt" she'd muttered taking the photo and storming off from the Sarg. How on earth was she meant to start searching for some freak mutant or whatever he was, who obviously didn't have a home, I mean "Hello" even the most uncultured of bums manages to steal clothing and not get around in rags. Walking down the street she began making her way towards her office, she suddenly paused, there was a woman she'd met once some time ago who may actually know something of this guy. Spinning on her heel she made her way to the local council office.

"Hiya, I am looking for Sheila, she's in the registration office?" she smiled politely and the inept clerk who fumbled with the phone and searched a list "Name" the clerk asked, bored. Surreal handed over her card and listened as the women butchered her surname, cursing her mother once again for giving her some made up name, rather than the simple surname of their family. "She'll be right here" said the clerk. Surreal sat carefully on the filthy couch, perching on the edge of it and waiting politely.

Just as the clerk was answering another call, a great beast of a creature came crashing through the front door, its mud like body slid through the door and leapt towards the clerk, Surreal dashed to the side, ducking behind the nearest desk and eyeing off the door. Her training kicking in as she cursed quietly to herself. The creature ate the clerk in one foul glump of mud and crunching, the screaming had people running towards the office door as Surreal tried to wave them back, the creature turned and grinned at her. "The investigator lady" it smiled and she grimaced. She really hated being known.

#160 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surreal SaDiablo:

The other half of the Knightfall duo had arrived in the Windy City at the behest and suggestion of her brother. With nothing more to go on then an ivory business card laced with subtle silver filigree bearing a name, time and the address of a small cafe, Ellie now found herself seated in a corner booth of said cafe. With a clear vantage point of the entire dwelling as well as a line of sight to both entrances and exits, the tech analyst who doubled as a masked vigilante languidly sipped the foam off of the top of her drink.

She was here on a quest for information, anything and everything that their mysterious source knew of the man - creature - who went by Arrow. Who even now was winding the Knightfalls into twists through nefarious plans. Constantly five steps ahead with sucker punches around every corner, they would need all of the help that they could get. According to Quintus, if anybody were an expert on this man, it was Surreal.

#161 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ellie_Knightfall:

The soothing trundle of the tram car dinged it's way to the stop, she stood up and smiled at the man in front of her, tall and handsome he was nothing of her type. "After you" he said with a small bow and a twist of his suit clad hips "Why thank you" she smiled and slid past him, careful not to touch any of his suit. As the pair stepped down off the tram he grabbed her wrist, pulling her close, a voice, demonic and calm hissed in her ear "I've someone who wants to speak to you" he began trying to drag her away from the tram. "I think not" she said calmly. Her body tensed, bending at the waist she flipped her legs over behind her she kicked him in the face. Using the force and velocity she spun out of his grip, he was surprised at her reaction so she had the time to move. A loud growl burst out over the courtyard bearing the cafe as he shed the human skin and burst out in his demonic form. A large black spider shape with green eyes and a blood red tinge down it's forehead "Crap" Surreal muttered as she hurled her case at the creature, whacking it in the eye, it's only soft spot. It howled in pain, she picked up her bag and whipped out the ancient dagger, leaping up she kicked the creature in the stomach. Hurling her hand around she slammed the blade into it's other eye, green goop flinging about as the creature exploded. Surreal leapt back behind a tree managing to avoid most of the sludge.

Picking up her bag and nodding at the people gawking she slid into the seat opposite Ellie and held out her hand "I saw you had my business card, I am assuming the handsome caped one sent you" she shook the girls hand and lifted out a delicate handkerchief from her bag, wiping the last of the demon sludge off her face and fixing her hair with a wipe of her hand. "Are you one of them? or a henchling, I must say I am rather disappointed I didn't get the pleasure of his company again" she smiled at the waitress, waving a hand at Ellie's cup and pointing at herself, ordering two of the same.

#162 Posted by Ultrus (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surreal SaDiablo: I'm going to have a reply up to your post soon soon :)

#163 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultrus: (take your time, I now have to be in two places at once lol, we can drag out her finding him :) Who's your main btw?)

#164 Posted by Ultrus (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surreal SaDiablo said:

@Ellie_Knightfall:

The soothing trundle of the tram car dinged it's way to the stop, she stood up and smiled at the man in front of her, tall and handsome he was nothing of her type. "After you" he said with a small bow and a twist of his suit clad hips "Why thank you" she smiled and slid past him, careful not to touch any of his suit. As the pair stepped down off the tram he grabbed her wrist, pulling her close, a voice, demonic and calm hissed in her ear "I've someone who wants to speak to you" he began trying to drag her away from the tram. "I think not" she said calmly. Her body tensed, bending at the waist she flipped her legs over behind her she kicked him in the face. Using the force and velocity she spun out of his grip, he was surprised at her reaction so she had the time to move. A loud growl burst out over the courtyard bearing the cafe as he shed the human skin and burst out in his demonic form. A large black spider shape with green eyes and a blood red tinge down it's forehead "Crap" Surreal muttered as she hurled her case at the creature, whacking it in the eye, it's only soft spot. It howled in pain, she picked up her bag and whipped out the ancient dagger, leaping up she kicked the creature in the stomach. Hurling her hand around she slammed the blade into it's other eye, green goop flinging about as the creature exploded. Surreal leapt back behind a tree managing to avoid most of the sludge.

Picking up her bag and nodding at the people gawking she slid into the seat opposite Ellie and held out her hand "I saw you had my business card, I am assuming the handsome caped one sent you" she shook the girls hand and lifted out a delicate handkerchief from her bag, wiping the last of the demon sludge off her face and fixing her hair with a wipe of her hand. "Are you one of them? or a henchling, I must say I am rather disappointed I didn't get the pleasure of his company again" she smiled at the waitress, waving a hand at Ellie's cup and pointing at herself, ordering two of the same.

Wait, is this the lady you were going to meet? And that sludge thing, is it the thingy that was referenced in your last post? I'm horribly bewildered now lmao

#165 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultrus said:

@Surreal SaDiablo said:

@Ellie_Knightfall:

Wait, is this the lady you were going to meet? And that sludge thing, is it the thingy that was referenced in your last post? I'm horribly bewildered now lmao

(two different instances, this is happening a few days after we've met. Think different times and dates lol. She gets attacked A LOT. It's her thing ;) so yeah.. make better sense? )

#166 Posted by Ultrus (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surreal SaDiablo: Much better thanks, haha. Will have the reply up in a bit

#167 Posted by Ultrus (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surreal SaDiablo said:

@Ultrus:

Half hour later she was stepping off one of the trams, yet again cursing her lack of capabilities around motor vehicles "Bozo, he saved your butt" she'd muttered taking the photo and storming off from the Sarg. How on earth was she meant to start searching for some freak mutant or whatever he was, who obviously didn't have a home, I mean "Hello" even the most uncultured of bums manages to steal clothing and not get around in rags. Walking down the street she began making her way towards her office, she suddenly paused, there was a woman she'd met once some time ago who may actually know something of this guy. Spinning on her heel she made her way to the local council office.

"Hiya, I am looking for Sheila, she's in the registration office?" she smiled politely and the inept clerk who fumbled with the phone and searched a list "Name" the clerk asked, bored. Surreal handed over her card and listened as the women butchered her surname, cursing her mother once again for giving her some made up name, rather than the simple surname of their family. "She'll be right here" said the clerk. Surreal sat carefully on the filthy couch, perching on the edge of it and waiting politely.

Just as the clerk was answering another call, a great beast of a creature came crashing through the front door, its mud like body slid through the door and leapt towards the clerk, Surreal dashed to the side, ducking behind the nearest desk and eyeing off the door. Her training kicking in as she cursed quietly to herself. The creature ate the clerk in one foul glump of mud and crunching, the screaming had people running towards the office door as Surreal tried to wave them back, the creature turned and grinned at her. "The investigator lady" it smiled and she grimaced. She really hated being known.

The dripping mess of putrid filth rolled forwards towards Surreal, who had by now taken up a defensive position behind a desk near the end of the room. After weeks of digesting his past human meals in his sewer labyrinth, he'd returned to the surface to stock up on his fleshy snacks and sate a carnal desire for blood, skin and bone, all of which he'd lost upon transforming into this grotesque monstrosity.

"That's a cute table you're hiding behind sweetie, and seeing as it's in the way of my main course, it will serve well as a starter."

Despite his disturbing appearance and his gravelly, inhuman voice, the creature had no vocabulary ailments, a factor suggesting he had had a decent education. This also proved that the monster was no idiot, and would not fall for any mind games. He began to move faster, preparing to lunge at her from more than five feet away. It entered the air, emitting a blood-curdling roar as it performed the predatory action.

"Not...So...Fast!"

BOOM

A sudden flash of blue and red struck the lobby like a thunderbolt, zipping across the room so fast that all of the windows shattered instantaneously and every desk on the ground floor was thrown about. More than a few civilians were swept off of their feet by the force of the mysterious lightning strike, only becoming more frightened by the second.

The beast was snatched cleanly out of the air above Surreal, disappearing so quickly that people would later wonder whether they'd imagined everything. But then they would remember what had occurred after it's unexpected exit and the strange blue and red blur, when the back of the building's ground floor wall had burst outwards in an explosion of rubble, dirt, and dust. The creature was dropped by whatever had grabbed it, striking the centre of the courtyard like a rock, splattering in all directions like some loogie. Pedestrians jumped back, surprised by the sudden change in scenery. Out of the air appeared a figure hovering a few metres over the pancake like mess of mud and filth. It was the same man from the hotel incident, his get-up still casual and tatty, with more stubble upon his chin and jaw. It was clear he hadn't been able to shave in a while.

"Everybody get out of here! Now!"

The civilians didn't need another clue, they dropped anything they were carrying and ran for their lives, shooting terrified glances over their respective shoulders.

The creature remained still for a moment, stunned by this man in a blue shirt and a faded pair of jeans that looked like they'd seen much better days. Then it began to bubble, slowly regaining it's uneven form, beginning to writhe as it rose up from it's flattened state. It roared again, this time in anger at this mysterious newcomer. The man did nothing but lift a single eyebrow, his arms folded confidently across his chest.

"I'm going to give you one chance to give yourself up. Or, I take you down."

#168 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surreal SaDiablo: Ellie watched her pointedly, admiring the instinctual grace supplemented by practiced skill. More than clear was the fact that this was nothing outside the norm for the 'private investigator' known as Surreal, a woman whose skill set and knowledge had caught the attention of her brother.

The corner of her mouth tilted upwards in a bemused smirk as her green eyes lit with mirth. "A little bit from column A, a little bit from column B." She spoke with the slight hint of a French accent before lifting the mug to her lips and taking a substantial sip. "He's my brother and that effect isn't uncommon. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that I'm not here for pleasure, as I'm sure you've discerned by now."

#169 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultrus: @Ellie_Knightfall: (I've been unwell and not doing good with tummy today, so will reply soon!)

#170 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultrus:

"I'm going to give you one chance to give yourself up. Or, I take you down." Was this guy serious? she thought to herself. She'd managed to race and jump over the counter, swinging her leg up and over to get behind for cover. Peering over the top she'd been rustling in her bag for the small vial of salt she kept in there. His entrance had been astounding, like seriously as entrances go, this guy knew how to pull it off. Just a shame he didn't know how to dress. She sniffed as she looked down at her Valentino skirt, it was torn down the middle, she almost wept as she tore it further up, to give herself more room to move.

He was standing against the mud demon, which was very brave, but clearly he'd not dealt with many of these before. "psst" she called out from behind the counter, trying to get his attention, she flung the vial over the counter, hoping his skill was as good as she hoped "Throw it at it's feet" she hollered.

#171 Posted by Black Solace (1215 posts) - - Show Bio
Our Kind is in Peril....it's time to act
#172 Posted by Legacy_ (10610 posts) - - Show Bio
@Black Solace: I am gonna react...via partying :D 
#173 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio
On the way

#174 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

The Coalition

A collection of the world' up-and coming metas, have based themselves in the Windy City of Chicago. Forged together by the threat of Meta-Human oppression, the coalition drives to put an end to Oppression and to usher in an age of Meta-Human Peace.

(Can you add this to the OP) We won't have a HQ yet, I want it to progress.

#175 Posted by Surkit (11599 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Max, quietly posted up in the cut

#176 Posted by Black Solace (1215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit: Sorta got an idea for an rpg, but I need to finish one of the two I'm already in.

#177 Posted by Surkit (11599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black Solace: lol is that a statement or a question

#178 Edited by Black Solace (1215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit: Do you see a question mark? lol

#179 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasy Hopewell said:

The Coalition

A collection of the world' up-and coming metas, have based themselves in the Windy City of Chicago. Forged together by the threat of Meta-Human oppression, the coalition drives to put an end to Oppression and to usher in an age of Meta-Human Peace.

(Can you add this to the OP) We won't have a HQ yet, I want it to progress.

surreeellyy can!

#180 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

“All the spots on this map, which are indicated by blue, are the locations of these Meta-human prison camps” Fantasy eyed the charts looking as if she knew what they meant. “I mean it’s not a crime to hold people” She said, placing her hands on her slender waste.

“No, but it’s odd that you would create so many prisons before the law goes into effect; it’s like they’re planning on so many metas to break the law” the doctor responded, heading back to the upper chambers of the building.

“I hope those guys answer my call soon…” Fantasy worried, taking a seat in a rolling chair analyzing the data.

#181 Posted by _Quickster_ (1531 posts) - - Show Bio

That's it! If Q can register, he can round up people under a government license, and be all hero-y.

#182 Posted by Maximus_Newcastle (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasy Hopewell: Stuffing his mask into the bag and pressing down the minute wrinkles in his business casual tieless brooks brother suit the Silent Knight enters the building from the roof door, admittedly relying more than a little on the Varius for transportation. Heading down to the 33rd to meet this woman that claimed she wanted to discuss a deal of some kind with the Museum Max knocks on the door of a random office hoping to be the right one or at least eb redirected. "Hello?"

(Are her and Ash tight enough to know him before hand?)

#183 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maximus_Knightfall:

“Hello, Mr. Maximus, I was wondering if you’d show up” Fantasy’s persistent bright smile stood out on her face, opening the door to allow him in she motioned towards a chair; whilst taking her own seat. “I wasn’t sure if you’d gotten my email or not.” Fantasy said, clasping her fingers together leaning over the desk.

“Now, my friend told me…you might be a good person to partner up with…because of your position in the…muesam” Fantasy’s point was out in the open, but it felt weird saying exactly what she meant.

(YES)

#184 Posted by Maximus_Newcastle (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasy Hopewell: Shaking her hand with his palm down he smiles back, "Just Max is fine. Common mix up. My last name's Newcastle" It was awkward getting used to the name but it felt right at the same time. Grabbing a chair he pulls it out holding his pants his place while sitting. "Ah..." He quickly put two and two together, like most logng standing friendships he could read some of Ashley's had rubbed off just above the surface of Fantasy's body language,

"As you know, we keep high security items int he museum, is this a secure place to speak freely? If not I'd prefer we discuss this elsewhere." His smile was calm and understanding as his elbow rests on the table

#185 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maximus_Knightfall:

Fantasy’s control over light, allowed her to shift the amount of light that entered the eyes, eying the building through use of X-ray, she spotted no one else. “Yes, of course” she said, looking off to the side letting out a huge sigh. “I’ll be frank with you, this whole thing is all new to me, If Ashley says you’re the man I need then trust me…you’re the man I need.” Fantasy bit her bottom lip, even though she proved to be novice when it came to their work; she had an uncanny ability to bring out the good in anyone’s heart.

#186 Edited by Maximus_Newcastle (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasy Hopewell: "I trust her judgment" He says with a weighed confidence after everything the two had been through, from China to Mexico and everything between. He smiles and lets out a short soft yet deep chuckle "Just...take it one step at a time. Whats your mission statement. What do you hope to achieve?" He wheels the chair in a bit more squinting while waiting for her answer attentively trying to make eye contact to absorb her answer.

#187 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maximus_Knightfall:"Well for one I don't want to register, I'd like to usher in an area where Metas and Humans work side by side to progress the world to a Utopia" Fantasy pushed away from her desk, standing up she paced back and forth trying to gather her thoughts. "I thought I could do it myself, but I'm far too inexperienced, I'm stacked up against extremist on both sides" she took her head off the ground and placed them on Max.

"The world doesn't need Human and Metas to be at each others throats; the world needs humans and metas to be heroes"

#188 Posted by Maximus_Newcastle (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasy Hopewell:(Nice)

Nodding throughout as his eyes follow her around the room he takes a deep breath, "This is a trying time. There's pressure in all kinds of ways building up to a point of explosive fallback. The question isn't so much if...but when." Leaning back to look up at her, "You were wise to seek outside help."

Standing he unbuttons his coat at the waist and walks over to the window, looking out on the Windy city."Sadly, if you make that promise you'll come up short nine times out of ten. People, with or without abilities, are easily swayed if given the right motivation." Turning back with a large grin, "That blade cuts both ways, luckily. This is your baby Ms.Hopewell, do you mind if I call you Fantasy? I want you to grow it into something strong and long lasting well past our lifetimes. I'd be honored to be apart of it in any way."

#189 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maximus_Knightfall:

Fantasy scoffed a bit, not to insult him but, sort of a relief that she managed to talk someone into fighting for a cause. “F-Fantasy is fine” she said, slowly turning florid. “I’ve got a bunch of work to do, number one being putting us in the position to succeed, which means we’ll need the proper accommodations” she sliding the blueprints to a massive vessel that would be the HQ. “It’s called the bastille, I’m currently trying to get the navy to approve its position in one of the lakes, as well as the tech to build it” she said, folding her hands walking back and forth.

“How did Ashley find you anyway?”

#190 Posted by Maximus_Newcastle (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasy Hopewell: Looking down to the blue prints he runs his fingers across the various rooms and hidden areas, lips turning down with a nod "Iiii...am, impressed. The name. Do we intend to hold fugitives here as well?" He smirks at her attempt at authority, but respects her the same for trying.

She had the raw elements necessary to lead but they were just that. Taking a seat to allow her the high vantage, folding a leg as much as he could, "It was...I'd say a fortunate coincidence. I was researching a particular item from the first imperial Empress" He catches hiself before falling into a long winded discussion about history, "Low and behold, I almost hit her while looking at recent evidence, I tried to repay her with a ride. I'm assuming you know she has a connection with the Jade Dragon blade, me? I had no idea. We ended up working together to find it." Coughing to clear his mouth from the long explaination, "Why do you ask?"

#191 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maximus_Knightfall: Fantasy smirked at his comment about the Bastille. "No it's named that for a specific reason, the reason I have my powers, the reason you have your skill...we're prisoners to our own bodies...It's our duty to do this" she said, leaning on the table.

"You almost ran her over? I bet that was fun" Fantasy said, chuckling a bit. "Myself and Ashley are longtime friends, I've only ever heard her speak on one boy before, gawsh that was so long ago; needless to say when your name came up I was naturally intrigued"

Fantasy took a sip of water. "Those braveharts are pretty hardcore, but what about you..what's your story...

#192 Posted by Maximus_Newcastle (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasy Hopewell: "Clever, a little dark...but then again I'm not know for sunshine."

Retracting his arm and fixing his cuffs marked BH "My name, should I be flattered or nervous?" he asks with a chuckle that signified an unusual care for the answer.

Taking a deep breath and sighing at the thought of his dark road to society, Max leans in and pulls his chair close before clasping his hands

"My accent won't prove it, I've worked hard to mask my birthplace for personal reasons. But I'm actually from Jerusalem. I was born from a woman who, up until recently, I found out was a member of a divided sect of the Knight's Templar. My bloodline is linked directly with the mother of Christ and the Grail, how I'm not certain. There's a lot of holes in my life " It was hard to speak and not sound defensive, half his life was a lie, the other a war. "When I was born, my mother was killed directly after, by the predecessor to the Knightfalls...My father." Rubbing his forehead he wheels back, forcing on a smile, "I'd uh... I'd rather not talk about this on a first meeting. I'm more interested in you're story."

#193 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maximus_Knightfall:

The dark overtone of the conversation made the young blonde a bit uneasy, but when her show and tell time came, she happily responded. “Well, I’m from Brooklyn, Brownsville to be exact. I was very young when I left my real parents; the ones I grew up with weren’t too much better” she said, slipping her uncomfortable heel off. “Thanks to my ability to think on a dime, I went to school to be a tech head” she said, shrugging her shoulders.

“I only recently, just manifested my powers; on a full moon…” she said, glancing outside; when the zodiac changes, I can aquire some new ones”

#194 Posted by Maximus_Newcastle (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasy Hopewell: "In my line of work, between legends, past and present, that's a list of abilities I've never heard of. I suggest you take pride in those abilities" Max says with a warm brown smile, "You're an interesting woman Ms.Hopewell. I look forward to learning more about you over the course of our time working together." Looking at his customized wristwatch he notices a blue alert light signaling a police band picking up a fire just north of the building. "We'll have to pick this up another time." Standing and buttoning his suit back up for the false image it would give any employees in the halls, knowing he'd be out of it in a moment, The Knight turns and looks at her with a raised brow

"Have you ever heard of trial by fire?" He asked knowing she'd pick up on his meaning, a charming smirk on his face to cement it.

#195 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maximus_Knightfall:

Fantasy leaned over bit undoing her business tie just a little bit, Fan returned the sly smirk with a sly comment of her own. “Oh you were coming too?” plastered on her chest was a gigantic red and yellow “S”, signifying that she was a Sha, not just a Sha but THE Sha. Switching her work heels to her red, boots the young blondie walked towards the window.

“See ya there”

#196 Posted by Maximus_Newcastle (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasy Hopewell: "Ahuh...speakin' of fire" He says to himself out loud noting her passion for heroics.

Pulling the thick glass door open and walking with a wide footed stride towards the stairwell. Exiting to the roof to unbutton his white high thread count shirt to reveal a degenerated red cross, pulling the rest of his attire from the drawer beside the jet, pulling out the Sword of God and leaving the blazing Katar.

Hopping in the cockpit he dons his mask and lifts off towards the obvious blazing inferno just across the office park. The flames were reaching incredible degrees on his mask's HUD screen, the thermal imaging useless. "Damn. " finding a weak spot in the structure's roof he sets the ship to auto pilot, turning the degree search function on allowing the ship to find the most heated points and spray them with a mix of retardent and H2O. Dropping down the Silent Knight falls with his arms across his chest through falling debris, landing on one knee inside the office. Fantasy was already rescuing most of them at break neck speed. If there were ten of her the world wouldn't be where it was today

"Are there any left?!" He yells over the cracking lumber and crackling flames, not noticing the man with a gas mask on trolling behind his back with a lighter in his hand until the last second "Death to the norms!" spewing some type of accelerant from his palm through an opening hole he holds the lighter up, Max turning just in time to see the flames begin to shove towards him. Time slows down to a crawl as adrenaline releases, if there was a hummingbird in that hall he could count the flaps of it;s wing

#197 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maximus_Knightfall:

“Yeah, there are five more up top! I can’t smash through or the building will come down! I have to go up manually!” she screamed over the rambunctious flames. Running up the steps, driving her knees and pumping her arms she ran up two flights of stairs.

When she got up the steps she noticed, three children huddle around each other as if they were accepting fate. The site nearly broke her heart. “It’s ok, I’m here to get you out!” she screamed, walking towards them. “Don’t be scared…, look out!!!!!” one of the kids screamed. Quickly turning around Fantasy was slapped in the face with a metal pipe, her naturally hard body crashed onto the floor weakening the boards a bit.

“You’re one of us, what you are helping THEM? , they’re trying to lock us away!” one of the men screamed hitting Fantasy with another blow. “They…are kids…” she grunted pushing herself up again. Noticing a fogged mirror adjacent to him, she fired a beam of light that parried and knocked him down.

The 2 thug swug his pipe but Fantasy caught it, and bent it. “girl power” she smirked, head-butting the thug. “Come on kids climb on me” she first made sure the kids were safe, then double back for the two idiots.

#198 Posted by Maximus_Newcastle (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasy Hopewell: Rolling out of the way of the way of the flames just in time he cuts the thug's fingers off with the Sword of god, the hot blade searing his wound shut but not igniting his natural gas, another oddity of the mysterious blade. Gasping and screaming he falls to his knees gripping his palm, "Bastard! We're helping!" Max looks down at him through the vacant eye holes of his mask, "What are you helping?! What?! You justs et mutant rights back thirty years in five minutes!" Max yells at the man with a commanding almost divine logic and confidence, "Oh god... aw gahd..." Sobbing the thug covers his body in his own wrist fluids, running into a flaming room and instantly ignites, Max tries to follow but it was too late as the delinquint dives screaming out of a tattered window. His body making a sick wet thud on the concrete below and spraying the fire and rescue crew

. Looking out a camera zooms and focuses on his body int he window. This wouldn't look good. Turning back and ignoring the PR nightmare he meets up with Fantasy. "Is that everyone?!"

Outisde the broken wall the Varius hovers close by still spraying the building down,t he flames subsided almost completely but the structure weakened and ready to collapse any moment

#199 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maximus_Knightfall:

“That was everyone” Fantasy yelled hovering outside the window as the doomed building let loose its final bellow. “This isn’t good…” she said, noticing the media and the fire fighters down on the ground. Swiftly dropping to the surface, Fantasy pushed out a thin film of light energy; to protect the public from the burning building.

#200 Posted by Maximus_Newcastle (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasy Hopewell:

Scooping a pair of the children in his arms Max hops onto the wing of the Varius, setting them inside the cockpit's passenger seat in the back and hopping in himself. Flipping off the auto pilot and hose feature he hovers down to the crowd, firing his thrusters in short bursts to make the crowd disperse as he lands and brings the children out of their seats and hands them to the Rescue team. Hopping out he watches Fantasy fight the fire with an impressive display of power, in awe at the sheer amount that flowed from the petite blonde. He feels a tap on his shoulder through the armor. "Hm?" He grumbles under the mask, "You killed that man?" It was a mother holding her four year old covered in soot, "No. He killed himself."

Reaching forward she rubbed his mask without hesitation, tears streaming from her face "Thank you, Jacob's all I've got... When you're friend finishes saving the rest of us, give her my blessing. Come on sweety" she turns and runs into the crowd and past them, yelling to the people to step back in a show of rare inspiration.

The rescue crew helps push the people back, the duo's heroics coupled with it's effect on a single person started a shock wave of righteousness in the windy city locals. Fire teams pack on heavy amounts of water, centering it at the base and working up. All The Silent Knight could do was watch, his water levels depleted and the inferno out of his league. It was upto Fantasy