Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1551 Zauberin  Moderator

@dreadpool10: @ambrosius:

Nothing at all. After tossing back so many drinks, Arturia had begun to suspect herself that she'd become immune to the effects. It just wasn't hitting her. Not that she minded, in such an uncertain situation.

She hadn't taken them gradually, but virtually all at once the succession was so quick. And so too did disequilibrium come, all at once. Not that she noticed right away. It started with a gentle sway, a side-to-side rocking as she interacted with the other patrons and "Goldie" sitting a ways away from her.

Struck by what should've been an obvious revelation, Arturia paused from her merrymaking and stared at him a moment. Her eyes were distant, almost as if she were searching for the answer to an unasked question in his face. "You...have a point there. I used to be so open - not in the legs 'cause I'm not that kinda chick." Her lips curled into a hollowed out smirk. "Goldie you got a fair point. And I think you made a funny. That's a reference to how you hate walking like I said earlier. You're kinda funny. Not as funny as Park or the people back home, but not bad. So I'll tell you like usual. My name is," she stood, "Arturo Eminem Essomething-Something German-sounding," completing her introduction with a significantly less refined rendition of her usual curtsy.

In the midst of her bow, however, a familiar presence struck her. Presence? No, it's the feeling. Empathetically there were many like it, but none exactly so. And for as long as she'd been exploring herself, feelings from individuals regarding others, when strong enough, tended to leave distinct signatures.

Turning her head, she locked eyes with Ambrosius and her smile broadened. "Ambrosius! Or, I mean, 'Ambro!'" Then she looked back to her golden-haired companion. "Now we're gonna tag-team you," she giggled. "The advantage is mine...Oh, but I need to tag out because I'm so bad right now I don't wanna ruin her–my reputation.

"Ambrosius, come over here!" she shouted across the bar. "You have to meet...he won't tell me his name - hypocrite - but I'm calling him Goldie and we might be friends. Or not, he's kind of a pretentious asshole, but in a kinda charming way? So it depends on him. I think...I have to go to the bathroom. Wait here for me."

And on the power of her telekinesis, she lifted herself off the ground, off to seclusion in the restroom.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: @ambrosius:

On the other hand, Dante knew that he would be immune to the effects of intoxication, not that such a fact displeased him. The last time his mind had ever fallen prey to inebriation had been an unknown period of time ago, quite a while before his transformation into what he was now. It was during some kind of event he couldn't vividly recall, back during his mortal days in the depths of Aetheroth. Perhaps some sort of celebration? Or merely during an outing with a friend? Not that it truly mattered, as such a thing was from the past. A past long gone, desolated.

It hadn't occurred to him that his train-of-thought was shone through a visibly blank expression. His eyes appeared glaze, and occasionally, he would raise his glass of wine to his lips, thoroughly unknowing to the fact that it was long emptied. However, as the girl's familiar voice resonated through his ears, he was abruptly awakened from his stir. His eyes flickered over towards her, his previously blank visage replaced with an expression of moderate attentiveness. With an absentminded flick of his wrist, the glass in his hand had suddenly been refilled with sweet, crimson fluid.

Not a word escaped his lips as his acquaintance spoke, his demeanor masking his newly formulated confirmation. "I take it back, she is drunk," He thought, her contrasting demeanor and movements a perceptible tip-off. "Arturo Eminem Essomething-Something German-sounding," He repeated, wryly. There could be no greater indication of inebriation. Amusement lined his features, drinking in the sudden change. Though unsure if she would remember, assuming they ever encountered each other again after, it was only just to give his own name in return, even if he was positive that 'Arturo Eminem Essomething-Something German-sounding' wasn't her actual name. On the verge of replying, her broadened grin made him pause. "Had a few two many drinks?" He asked, faintly uneasily.

As she heartily called out the name of a stranger, Dante slowly revolved around, brows furrowing once more. "Ambrosius?" He thought, eyeing the individual she had called out to. And almost immediately, something set him apart from the rest of the patrons. Perhaps it was the fluidity and poise laced within his movements. Or the urbane debonair lined throughout his visage. Maybe even both. Something about his very presence simply brimmed with innate composure. He couldn't help but feel impressed with suavity to such a degree. It was almost akin to the impression he got when looking himself in the mirror.

"We'll see, won't we?" He jocularly replied, in response to "Arturo's" remarked. Surprisingly enough, Dante's eyes didn't flash at her description of him. It was familiar to a few things he had heard before, and thus, he remained untroubled. He lightly shook his head at her telekinetic departure to the restroom, setting his filled glass upon the table. Rising from his seat, he strode over to Ambrosius with an innate finesse, extending his hand to shake Ambro's in greeting.

"Dante Aventus, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Avatar image for deactivated-6032369091872
deactivated-6032369091872

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: @dreadpool10:

At the sight of her stretching smile, Ambrosius' lips curled into one of cool flair. Subtly, he, ever the gentleman, ever the suave introvert, offered her first an engaging inclination of the head, then as he held her gaze for a second or two, a quick and shimmering wink of adventurous, swashbuckling, even bold charm. His mannerisms, they seemed to have adopted a more mesmeric inner quality, as if he held not the spirit of a wizard, but an ideal inamorato who just so happened to have a talent for the supernatural. "Ola, sweetheart", he mouthed, while Arturia? She shouted. And in the face of this extroverted display, Ambrosius found it difficult to hold back an internal smile, to contain a soft laugh of amusement.

'She's drunk', he thought. 'Or perhaps she's grown livelier since my last disappearance. Ah well', he shrugged. Returning his attention, if only for a moment, to the curious bartender, Ambrosius made his request quick but cordial. "Black Label, whiskey". And in a scotch glass with blocks of ice, the bartender poured, Johnnie Walker's Black Label whiskey, rarely was there a finer beverage. Coiling his fingers round his glass, the Arcane Architect strode forward, and as Arturia, by virtue of her telekinesis, hovered, he found their glances meeting a final time as they moved past each other. Her eyes of sapphire, and his whose color could not be defined, they were speckled with the liquid hues of a rainbow. Sometimes, sometimes they were speckled.

Abruptly the colors, vibrant and humid, would swirl, do this and that. A pattern beyond his control. Turning his attention towards the stranger with whom Arturia had been spending her time, Ambrosius found himself readily approached. Whiskey in one hand, he brought his glass to his lips, indulging in a sip or two, the alcoholic warmth swarming his throat in the way that good whiskey should. Courteously, he met Dante's extended hand with a shake and smile whose affability was relaxed. "I imagine it is", he remarked with natural wit. His Portuguese inflection, and the silky smooth timbre of his voice lending to the image of a man more exotic than he was. "Ambrosius", he resumed, offering no surname, names were a powerful thing after all.

"And likewise, my friend, a pleasure". Retreating his hand and catching sight of Arturia's return, he met her glance, gestured towards their table with a smile, and once there, would, as any caballero, any man of chivalry should, pull her a chair, before seating himself on another. This was going to be interesting.

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will respond later tonight or tomorrow.

For now, I just need to relax and not think about anything at all.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1555 Zauberin  Moderator

@ambrosius: @dreadpool10:

Upon her entry Arturia seemed to have regained her composure as contrasted from moments before. Still floating, though her manner held some dignity that had been absent moments priot none of the other patrons seemed to notice. She smiled at Ambrosius, though paused at his invitation. She'd planned on waiting at the bar for free drinks her way, but ultimately deemed the companionship of her friend more important. Waving away the gaggle of faces that had appeared around her, she hovered over.

The presence of her sometimes roommate eased her considerably. Seating herself right alongside him, she crossed one leg over the other and rested her chin on her hand. "Should I assume you two have gotten on well in the short time you've had to meet? Or are we still exchanging ambiguously threatening gestures and suspicious glares in lieu of proper introductions and general manners?" She shot "Goldie" a light-hearted accusatory glare. Taunting, like a tattling child, confident in her security with Ambrosius.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c7179498eb5
deactivated-59c7179498eb5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ambrosius: @zauberin:

"So what brings you out here to Chicago, Ambros?"

Without a moment's hesitation, the Avatar had seated himself once more, just across from the pair. "The second option suggests you know me too well, Arturo," Dante jested, his right hand gently grasping the crimson filled glass once more. "She seems better..." The rekindled poise in her demeanor appeared to indicate that the intoxication hadn't been particularly long lived. Perhaps that was a good thing. "Well... that was amusing while it lasted," He supposed, raising the icy glass to his lips to allow the sweet fluid to flow into his mouth yet again. Still, with Ambrosius' presence, there was little doubt in Dante's mind that his entertainment would be piqued once more.

"So what brings you out here to Chicago, Ambros?" He inquired, resonating tone flecked with a reasonable, genuine degree of curiosity. A courteously winsome grin complimented the Perennial Paragon's debonair countenance, imperceptibly pretentious nuances flecking his speech.

(The shortest post thus far, I know.)

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People still equate length with quality?

Genuine shocker.

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutthroatbitch: Nah, only slihhtly. In my case, for me alone. Not often though. And to a miniscule extent.

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1561  Edited By CutthroatBitch

@dreadpool10: Then no apologies "for shortness!" Feel good, mano. You're just fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-6032369091872
deactivated-6032369091872

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: @dreadpool10:

He smiled, Ambrosius, then felt himself breathe a chuckle. He glanced at Arturia, and his eyes, gems of varying hues and shades, his smile and eventual words, they embodied the long-for qualities of a man whose flair was affable; an adventurous spirit, sincerity, absent pretentiousness. His air, so cool and magnetic, sought to make others feel at ease, to have them dance with his engagement spirit and neutralize their defensiveness and draw them from their shells with charming delight. "While it may not exactly be free drinks from unknown admirers, I suppose bottle service from your roommate will do", he jested, words delivered with the soft, accented notes of a Portuguese inflection.

His was a different presence. Different from before his basking in the freedom from his pursuers. He now oozed an inner quality of self-confidence, a sense for the extraordinary. His gaze seemed disarming and piercing. His aura lingered with the appeal of mystery, he seemed to radiate a charismatic intensity while maintaining himself suave. With bottle service requested, Ambrosius returned his attention to Dante, a cordial smile curling along the dark and debonair features of a comely wizard. "I've been a gentleman, yes", Ambrosius spoke, answering Arturia's question with a sportive quip. "Oh no no, I'm much too disinterested in all that. My ego is secure. Ambiguously threatening gestures have never been my forte".

Bringing his glass of whiskey to his lips, indulging in a sip or two of refined Black Label, the Dark Wizard nodded subtly, and again glanced at Arturia, "She does", he winked, playful and without stress in his spirit. Offering Dante a real answer however, he met the man's gaze and began, "Truth be told, my friend, freedom is what brings me here. I have, for the better part of my years, been restricted to where I can and can't go and how long I can stay in said places. Now that I can do as I please... I take myself anywhere honestly. So, Mr. Aventus, how did the two of you cross paths?".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: @ambrosius:

Dante remained reserved and attentive as he listened, muscles relaxed, a curious air about him. The faintly pretentious gleam to his gaze had lessened ever-so-slightly, and the same would eventually be true for his speech. His expression relatively remained the same as a select few inquiries a lit within his head, kept to himself out of respect, and rightly so. It'd be quite the misfortune to go spoiling a perfectly good leisure over being a tad too keen about delving more into his history, and certainly not with Arturo present as well.

"Freedom? Restrictions? Was he under someone else's dominion? A servant? I could almost believe..." Dante mused, mystically viridescent eyes closing as he tilted his glass towards his lips once more. "Guess that's a possibility. Won't ask, because it's probably rude." Visibly pleased mere moments after taking another sip from his wine, the Avatar took a moment to consider Ambrosius' inquiry. "Ah, you know, the usual way of meeting new people," He jested, his gaze shifting upward, selling the recalling rather well.

"I was on a rooftop, invisible, taking a moment to look around, find anything interest. Arturo comes alongside, somehow seeing me, and things went on from there," He finished, plainly.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1564 Zauberin  Moderator

@ambrosius: @dreadpool10:

She'd known about the night's events and the name misgiven, of course, but hearing them recounted, she couldn't help laughing at how it all must have appeared to her company, Ambrosius included.

"Yeah, things sure 'progressed' from there, huh?" She flashed a snide grin and, looking to avoid escalation, she shrugged and let it rest. "But I guess, in spite of everything, Goldie's pretty alright. A little lacking when it comes to etiquette, but relatively harmless."

Although the encounter between the two had gotten off to an...odd start, and there yet remained elements of distrust, the contention faded for the most part; Arturia had no interest in making one more enemy just yet. She needed still to whittle down the extant names on her unofficial list. A matter she'd need to discuss with her friend when the two were alone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_:

A confident, characteristically suave swagger accompanied Dreadpool's movements as he sauntered down the illuminated streets of Chicago. His hands were gently set in the pockets of his obsidian coat, arms gracefully alongside his frame as he strode forward. He had no destination in particular in mind, his brief visit into Chicago's restless metropolitan expanse a simple product of wanting to visit the city that he once resided within.

(Typed this up real quick to get things started)

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1566  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

@dreadpool10: (Sorry for the delay, first post got eaten and then second was blocked by PC shutting off for an update >.<)

The sound of glass breaking was heard as a cyborg like figure jumped out of a widow and landed by McGrath with enough force to shatter the grounded, he pulled out dual pistols and aimed at the window he just recently jumped from.

No Caption Provided

The Queen of Mewni appeared with a look similar to those seeking out vengeance, she began to parry away explosive rounds that the cyborg fired from his pistols with SMG like speed. The Queen's actions were too aggressive as she left gaps in her defenses open, shrapnel from the explosives rounds were made of adamantium and began to leave small faint scratches of red on her fore head and cheeks as they grazed by.

The Cyborg cartwheeled backwards as he reloaded just moments before Star leapt down and reached for his neck with eye blurring speed

"WHERE IS HE!"

The Cyborg exploited the Queen's distraught and fired a round into the gap of her armor, the explosive round stunned her slightly and only for a moment before she continued to advance with a gaping wound.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_: (No worries :D)

There was little time for articulate thought as numerous shards of glass scuttled downward, followed by a deafening THUD and an array of gunshots piercing the air as a mechanical assailant revealed himself. Mind clouded in an immediate haze of instinct, the carmine mercenary's hands had tightened around the firearms carried in his coat pockets, muscles tensing as he propelled himself backwards in a flurry of unprecedented swiftness.

Good lord, what the heck was that?, Jason thought, arms thrust forward as he landed uncomfortably upon his back. His countenance was overcome with mingled shock and bewilderment as he caught sight of a familiar face, plainly in furious pursuit of the cybernetic gunman. Star's name had rolled off his tongue in low, almost silent disbelief, arms almost drifting downward as he swallowed a number of sudden inquiries.

None of them mattered, not now.

"Well this escalated quickly."

Through the flurries of shrapnel and swiftness of their combat, he could see blood flecked across her face, coupled with another injury directed through her armor, gaping, wide, and vulnerable. She wasn't on the winning side of the fight, that much was certain. Whether or not she would be in want of it, she needed his help. So he thought, anyway.

The handguns clattered to the ground as his frame was enveloped in an ivory haze of light from a sudden teleportation. In an instant, he stood amidst Star and the Cyborg, martially poised as he sprung forward. His muscle fibers twitched with an inhuman degree of strength, with force enough to kill a majority of average human beings.

"Gonna hope you're a fan of interference, terminator, cuz if not..." McGrath would attempt to start by throwing out his elbow at the cyborg's head, immediately followed by a jab towards the side of his face, and a swift sweeping kick aimed at the back of the cyborg's leg, devoid of a much momentum. Should the first series of attacks be successful, he would immediately follow them up by attempting to knock his the opponent down with a double-axe handle maneuver.

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1568  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

Star stopped her movements as she saw a new figure appear and was unsure at first if it was a new enemy or someone else entirely yet the Cyborg reacted quickly despite McGrath's sudden appearance, it evaded the elbow strike towards its head with a mild tilt but was unable to avoid the jab to the face which caused it to stumble back.

"EEERERE" the voice module from his metal face squeaked in reaction to the blow as the Cyborg narrowly evaded sweeping kick, he/it clumsily regained its balance as it continued to move backwards while now aiming one pistol at McGrath and the other at Star.

The Queen held her side as it was now bleeding profusely

"I need him alive"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_:

"You're kidding, not too sure keeping this one alive is the best course of action,"Dreadpool's combative roughness and coordination had done him little good in the struggle against the mechanical gunman. Admittedly surprised at his initial assault's seeming non-fulfillment against the cybernetic opponent, the fallacy of combating this particular cyborg with melee became painfully clear as his mind rapidly sculpted adaption. At the most, it was keeping him off his feet... but considering Star wanted him alive, perhaps keeping him grounded was the best course of action.

Or so he thought.

Jason could see large spatters of blood permeating her side, every coppery trickle only impressing upon him that he needn't have her continue battling. Playing to only incapacitate the cyborg could only serve to do her even greater harm. A bullet to the skull, as McGrath presumed the cyborg would be attempting to go for, meant little to him. On the other hand, her wounds didn't seem to be fading.

But there was no doubt that she appeared serious about it having him alive. Her attempt at grasping his throat mere moments before, in a seeming method of interrogation, said that much. An expression of gripping distraught and mingled fury appeared to tinge her otherwise angelic visage, and her degree of perseverance through the sustained injuries only seemed to solidify such a fact.

"You're bleeding out, fall back. I'll bring him to you myself, trust me," His form momentarily became a blurred silhouette as he darted in front of the Mewni Queen, willing to take any bullet that the cyborg fired instead. Again, in a motion that would appear to render him a blur, he darted forward, fist clenched. This time, his aim would be to tackle the cyborg into the ground like a superhuman bulldozer, forgoing the previous martial prowess in exchange for a display of brute force. Should that prove successful, he would follow up by throwing an array of strikes towards the cyborg's face, just below the temple.

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: Star replied back not with words but with a gesture of her head as she turned her back and walked a distance not too far off so she could still see the fight play out.

The Cyborg emptied his last rounds with as much accuracy to McGrath's head as it could before it ended up getting tackled to the ground, a series of blows struck the surprised mechanical like being as its metal head began to dent slightly with each blow. Suddenly a compartment opened up on its side as a cylinder popped out and magnetized to its left hand as it made a whirling high pitched sound

"Let's..not...blow things out of proportion" the voice module manage to speak out in-between McGrath's hits as it pulled up the cylinder towards McGrath's face "I yield, if you don't accept I'll blow myself up with this plasma grenade" the Cyborg over heard McGrath's conversation with Star and was confident that the mercenary would prefer him not blown up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_:

Sunova... Jason's forehead was practically painted crimson as copious amounts of blood trickled down his visage, head pounding as the wounds began to uncomfortably prickle through regeneration. His teeth gritted, vision a blurred haze as his eyes were momentarily clouded in streaming crimson. His nostrils were overcome with a peculiarly metallic scent, akin to copper, perhaps. For the first few moments, his blows would be wild, almost blind. Any other individual would be surely dead at this rate, killed instantaneously as bullets cascaded through their skulls, puncturing holes through their head and sending them to an immediate demise.

But alas, Dreadpool was certainly no average individual.

He continued, determinedly, fluids rapidly siphoning back into the wound. Adrenaline pumped through his veins, muscles continuing to twitch as the power of his strikes almost seemed to increase with every shattering blow. The violent assault only ceased as the cyborg speech modules resonated once more, a single, threatening fist held in the air as Dreadpool glared downward. The cybernetic being, as it seemed, was defeated. Yielded, hopefully readied to give Star whatever information she required, or face a suicidal detonation should the beating go on.

"Heh, points for that reference," He remarked, gradually rising in height, remaining poised in case the surrender proved to be false. In order to guarantee the cyborg's surrender, Dreadpool's hands would fly out to his sides, crackling with electrical arcs as he attempted to bind the cyborg to the ground by rearranging bits of concrete around him into binds. "Hate to break it to ya pal, but I've got no business with you. She on the other hand..." He paused, giving Star a curt, inclining nod that she could now interrogate the menace as she wished.

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1572  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

@dreadpool10: Star's attire was now repaired and her wounds healed after the effects of the restoration spell she casted on herself came to an end, she walked up to McGrath and met him eye to eye. She let out a relieved sigh as if a great stress was release and her face turned to the normal and formal Queen; Dreadpool knew, slowly and gently she reached to place one hand behind his head in order to hold it as she pressed her forehead against his affectionately "thank you" she whispered before she broke off the warm contact and changed gaze to the captured cyborg.

She dropped to one knee to get a closer look at it, "Tell me where Ghost is"

The Cyborg let out a chuckle of disbelief "I told you already, he let me live once and I'm more afraid of him than you"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_:

Her touch emanated an affectionate warmth that the mercenary had already come to savor, deepened in light of her regained, calmed state of mind. A momentary instance of subtle, shared intimacy quelled the many inquiries whirling throughout his head, fixated upon the pair's second coincidental meeting. Cerulean gaze staring into her own magnificently crystalline orbs, his hand softly stroked her cheek, uncharacteristically silent as their contact broke, attentions shifting to the bound cybernetic being just beside them.

Jason's hands slipped back into his pockets, a breath of cool, brisk air passing through his nostrils. He felt his brows arch at the cyborg's remark, barely stifling a snort as he took a single, gentle step forward.

"Hate to break it to ya mano, but you don't have many choices, now do you? I'll put it to ya this way: You can tell her what she needs to know, and figure out a way to survive whoever the heck the Ghost is. Or, you could just be a wuss and keep quiet, in which case I'll either kill you, or you'll blow yourself up. Forecast predicts that either way, you've got a chance of dying. May as well pick the first option where you've got a chance to survive, am I right? Course I am, now choose."

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: The Cyborg scoffed "As if, I'm not saying anything unless I get something out of this trouble", Star looked at the cyborgs optical lenses with a stern face "Money, is that what you want?" she asked

"That's right blondie!" the Cyborg said sarcastically as he belittled the Queen "so how much is that information worth to you?"

"it's invaluable" Star confessed as she turned her hands into fists as her hatred for the one mentioned as Ghost became apparent, the Queen nearly forgot that McGrath was there as she contemplated on how she could get the truth from the machine, how do I know he won't lie to me if I pay him?

The Cyborg cocked its head towards McGrath as it looked at him "please don't be a party pooper and try to talk her out of giving my pay"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_:

"Heh, don't you worry, I'm not gonna stop her. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you're not gonna be getting any cash till you spill it," Jason shrugged, eyes flickering between Star and the Cyborg as his thoughts sprung to greater life in the midst of his contemplation. "Reward doesn't come before the job, dude. I know that a heck of a lot better then most."There was a momentary lapse in the assassin's moderately graveled speech as he took a squat, arms comfortably rested on his knees. Adapting an almost mocking tinge to his inflection, he finished, "Seems your choices are a tad limited, aren't they?"

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1576  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

@dreadpool10: The cyborg tilted his head slightly towards the assassin. "Yes you are right about that but as you can see this is not a job" its voice turned a bit threateningly "you can't have it both ways, you either let me go and I speak or you pay me. I have the cards here not you"

Star let out a sigh but didn't say anything as she was torn between the choices she had to choose, "what do you want?" she asked finally as she grew impatient What ever information he has I need to use now before the trail goes cold

The Cyborg let out a chuckle as it glanced to Star before turning to the Assassin "what do you suppose would be a good price for your lady friend, a hundred million. Perhaps two hundred million?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_:

Jason shook his head, subconsciously fingering the ebony grip of the combat knife hidden in the pocket of his coat as his gaze narrowed. The Cyborg didn't seem altogether keen on giving up whatever information he possessed without first acquiring a reward, and the obvious risk of being pawned was fresh in Dreadpool's head. But Star was more than serious about whatever this was about... her vengeful state from before being proof enough. Troublesome, given the cyborg's disposition. But there didn't seem to be very many options...

"Star, if you're gonna go through with his demands, chances are I can help out. Got quite the amount of cash on my end..." The Carmine Killer prided himself with an incredible amount of wealth and riches amassed from his occupation. Money depleted, more than likely, could be gained once again given time. "Dial it down to 70 million, and you've got a deal. Oh! Forgot to mention you'll have to give be the information to whatever account I'm putting the money into, ya know, just in case you change your mind and I'll have to get the money back out. Take it or leave it."

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: Star made a dismissive gesture to McGrath with her hand as she gave a stern statement which was followed up by a softening smile "No, you've already done too much for me already. I would be taking advantage of you if I let you do this": she glanced towards the cyborg "I have the funds to pay you"

The Cyborg seemed to be a bit compassionate as he saw how much this information meant to the Queen "seventy million just like your friend said should be enough, the information I have is chump change anyway" he said as he made a very slight shrug of shoulders.

After using her cell phone and short discussion the funds from Star's personal bank account was transferred to the Cyborg, money was the least of Star's problems

"Now, where is Ghost?" she asked seriously. The Cyborg replied "Last time I saw him was here in Chicago after I got hired by the C.I.A. and some other mercs to take him out. He beat us pretty badly but left me alive" the Cyborg paused "he said that next time some one comes looking for him, that I have to say that he'll be found where everything first started"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_:

"Now you sound like you failed an audition for a generic spy movie that tried to throw in a fantasy message at the last second. Can't really say I know whether or not to believe you or to say you're full of crap. But then again, the world is a pretty funny place. Take a joke like you for example,"Jason remarked, inflection thoroughly tinged with irritating mock. Eyes flickering back over to the Mewni Queen, he inquired, "Got the information you needed from this idiot?"

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1580  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

@dreadpool10: The Cyborg scoffed "I wish"

Star gripped her fists as she deciphered the statement, a single word was whispered as she talked to herself "Gothic"

The Cyborg tilted his head slightly "Okay, soooo can you let me go or what?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Actually, that's kinda contradictory to what you said, terminator. And I quote: 'You can't have it both ways, you either let me go and I speak or you pay me'. In other words, we paid you, and you gave us info. Not the other way around. I'll let you think about that while you figure out how to get yourself free,"Jason coolly smirked, hands slipping back into his pockets as he made gradual steps backwards. A curt nod of the head being a silent gesture directed towards Star, beckoning her to hastily do the same. "Could've sworn you said some line about having the cards, right?"

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: Cyborg grumbled "fine what ever jack&ss, go f***k your girl friend or something. I'll find a way out"

Mean while Star turned back as she obeyed McGrath's gesture while being in deep contemplation, her armor dissipated into blue particles like dandelions dissipate in the wind and the black suit she wore the first time she met McGrath manifested in sync to the armor's disappearance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_:

"Not before the stupidity seeps in,"Jason remarked, arms exhibiting a confident sway as sauntered in the opposite direction. Sheesh, that's guys a freaking nutter. And I'm suddenly british, odd day, he pondered. His almost haughtily exasperating triumph over his perceived (physical and mental) victory over the cybernetic gunman gradually began to subside as his previously quelled inquiries shone once more, intrigue piqued as he lightly tilted his head over towards Star. "Never asked for whatever reason, who's the Ghost?" Dreadpool questioned, lighthearted timbre flecked with growing curiosity.

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: Star's eyes filled with anger but not towards Dreadpool but to the thought of Ghost "An agent of my greatest foe, he took something very dear from me a long time ago and then took the remains of what I had left today. I need to get it back from him before he disappears again for who knows how many more years" Star was furrowing so hard that she had to stop because of the pain.

she then began to walk towards an ally regardless if her companion followed her or not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_: (This is probably a crappy post, but boom. Edit - Changed thr last bit up to make more sense, decided to edit rather than delete this one after going back and forth).

Didn't plan to turn this evening into an action movie, figures it would though, Dreadpool silently mused, movements gradually paced as he strode alongside her. Her answers to his inquiries had spawned just as many questions as they had created, hesitantly swallowed as he paused at the alleyway's entry point. The scent of dank must and spreading grime almost caused his nose to wrinkle as his eyes focused upon the darkened ally, brows arched.

"Listen... I'm probably gonna head back, pick up where I left off before robocop started gunning up the place," For once in the carmine killer's distinctively bizarre life, his words were carefully chosen, betraying his reliance on mad babble and curious remarks in light of the situation. His stomach twinged with moderate guilt as her bloodied, injured form crossed his mind once again, injuries having previously been received from the cyborg. He found himself blissfully unaware of whether or not she would need help with this next task, and the results of the last battle almost compelled him to continue following. Almost...

"Still can't say I know who the Ghost or your foe is, but I hope you're able to get back whatever the bastard took," His hand lightly enclosed around her wrist, head gradually inclining forward as he pressed his lips against her forehead, lingering for a fleeting moment. In the very instance his lips touched her head, he found himself met with yet another pang, vaguely differentiating from the last. It wasn't of guilt, nor worry. But... an almost remembrance, laced with a seemingly receded yearning.

Even in the solace and content that the mercenary had quickly come to find in the queen's presence, he'd found it tinged with an almost certainly lingering feeling, perhaps left untouched, left to recede (Or so he thought). Star was sweet, beautiful, everything about the Mewni Queen ignited his attraction. He was genuine in wanting to make this relationship last... but found it tinged witn other, lingering emotions that, perhaps, made him think otherwise.

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: The Queen could some what feel the empathy from the one known as Dreadpool as he softly kissed her forehead and gently held her wrist "It's okay" Star said understandingly with a mix of reassurance "some paths have to be taken alone, don't let my business get in the way of your life"

Star tried to think of more words to say but she was caught off guard, "I appreciate your assistance, I really do" she gave a short pause "I was distraught but now I'm better, I won't be as reckless as you saw earlier as I let my temper get the best of me" Star moved her other hand and caringly place it on top of the one hand McGrath was using to hold her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_:

"Was happy to help, made for a pretty eventful evening event. And I'll be honest, not too sure how many people would expect their superpowered girlfriend to emerge from an explosion chasing a cyborg who thinks hes from the CIA. Funny how stuff works, innit?" Jason smiled, a charming, naturally humorous glint flickering across his eyes as his fingers slipped from around her wrists, hand receding back to his side.

Almost imperceptibly flecked beneath his radiant aura of jocular suavity, was a dawning sensation of understanding as he resigned to a feeling of borderline disgruntlement that betrayed the earlier content of being in Star's presence. Even referring to her as girlfriend, however true, caused his mind to lightly drift to the vestiges of yearning he still (formerly unknowingly) carried for his fellow S.T.R.I.K.E teammate and friend, Zoe. Some time had gone by, and even giving his relationship with the Mewni Queen, it had served to truly bring Nova back into his thoughts. Into a state of wonder, of what might've occurred should he have continued pursuing her, of if he could've still done so.

His attraction burned like a flickering flame for Star, and still did so. But as the days rolled by, it had also served to once again bring forth his desire to yet again pursue the fire goddess once more. It was a conflicted emotion, an outlook tinged with guilt at he thought of Star once more. He hated the prospect of hurting her and their friendship, which was a possible scenario should he cut things short in the romantic pursuit of another. Not like I've known her that long though.... pure coincidence that we met again today. Gosh dangit, almost wish Star could read minds...

He didn't know how'd he'd tell her, or even if she should. Respectfully ending the relationship now, while it was in its very early stages, seemed like the best course of action. But what would her reaction be? "However, I probably should add, if you need any help with this next mission, or something else, just give me a call," He extracted a slip of paper and a pen from his pocket, hastily scrawling his number across it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1590 Feral Nova  Moderator

@dreadpool10: I occasionally look up stuff with my name to make sure no one is plotting against me! :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: So you've finally disvovered my conspiracy, eh?

YOU WON'T STOP ME! ZOE WILL BE MINE! And Zeon :P

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1592  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

@dreadpool10: idk man... you got competition.

Nox gassed Nova with fear gas... FlashFire sent Nova to hell... what can you bring to the table to top that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: Well dangit, I gotta take on speed demon and Scarecrow kid. They're already one step ahead with trying to get Zoe.

I know! I'll ask Pyro to swing by and tell Zoe he loves her again, only to say he loves someone else and his life sucks so he doesn't want to be with Zoe.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1594  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: I was typing up a response... but then a CV bug hit my tablet <_<

LOL yay! I'm a jerk!

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_girl_:

"Was happy to help, made for a pretty eventful evening event. And I'll be honest, not too sure how many people would expect their superpowered girlfriend to emerge from an explosion chasing a cyborg who thinks hes from the CIA. Funny how stuff works, innit?" Jason smiled, a charming, naturally humorous glint flickering across his eyes as his fingers slipped from around her wrists, hand receding back to his side.

Almost imperceptibly flecked beneath his radiant aura of jocular suavity, was a dawning sensation of understanding as he resigned to a feeling of borderline disgruntlement that betrayed the earlier content of being in Star's presence. Even referring to her as girlfriend, however true, caused his mind to lightly drift to the vestiges of yearning he still (formerly unknowingly) carried for his fellow S.T.R.I.K.E teammate and friend, Zoe. Some time had gone by, and even giving his relationship with the Mewni Queen, it had served to truly bring Nova back into his thoughts. Into a state of wonder, of what might've occurred should he have continued pursuing her, of if he could've still done so.

His attraction burned like a flickering flame for Star, and still did so. But as the days rolled by, it had also served to once again bring forth his desire to yet again pursue the fire goddess once more. It was a conflicted emotion, an outlook tinged with guilt at he thought of Star once more. He hated the prospect of hurting her and their friendship, which was a possible scenario should he cut things short in the romantic pursuit of another. Not like I've known her that long though.... pure coincidence that we met again today. Gosh dangit, almost wish Star could read minds...

He didn't know how'd he'd tell her, or even if she should. Respectfully ending the relationship now, while it was in its very early stages, seemed like the best course of action. But what would her reaction be? "However, I probably should add, if you need any help with this next mission, or something else, just give me a call," He extracted a slip of paper and a pen from his pocket, hastily scrawling his number across it.

(Sorry for the rude delay)

Star had a confused face, she felt mixed feelings from him as if he was struggling with something personal and it only made her more so when he gave her his phone number it's like he wants to escape from me but at the same time keep me?

Her hand gently grabbed the paper in the manner a one would grab something sacred "You have my word that I will" she tilted her head respectfully and turned her back as a portal to Mewni opened in-front of her, just for a moment the merc with a mouth would see a land of beauty that surpasses that of Earth's mountains and valleys elegant appearance could be glimpsed ahead and even the sweet smell of Mewni air escaped with a fragrance that only Earth in its youth would have had.

Star hesitated a step as she made a barely audible comment "Perhaps we can pick up where we left off last time, when things get better"

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1597  Edited By Anthony_Stark

The Mechanical Maestro watched Miss Coltaine's interview with a wonderful glint in his blue eyes, a glass of wine found itself upon his lips as it was enjoyed with a delightful laugh.

Kelly was behaving wonderfully.

She was smart, possibly thee smartest candidate in the running, of course she would snake her way through his words and constrict them with a vice-like grip. So many errors in his interview, easily overlooked unless one had a keen eye for detail.

It was time for them to meet.

Addressed to her current residence, she would find an unexpected letter. It would invite her to a location within Chicago, a room in a luxury hotel. It looked as though someone rich and famous would be seeking to endorse her, to contribute funds towards her candidacy after such an amazing interview.

In truth, it was not too far from reality.

He sat quietly, enjoying the interview replay before shutting off the TV and strutting over towards a seat facing the entrance to the room.

And then he waited.
And then he waited.

@lady_liberty

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I push open the door and see Stark. He likes to make an entrance, even if he isn't the one arriving. A sense of the theatrical. Everything is a performance. Perception is important to him. I file those realizations away and laugh.

"Stark. Fancy meeting you here."

Presumably he has seen my Fox interview. Not quite my best work but not bad. Grinning I toss my purse onto a couch and sit. "I assume you have arraigned this meeting for a purpose. Go ahead."

@anthony_stark

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty:

As Stark sat his shiny suit slowly morphed into an actual suit, his glowing eyes dimmed until they were simply blue. "Miss Coltaine," he began, "you assumed correct." Stark was an outwardly theatrical man, as Kelly had rightly captured, his public image and the perception of him was vital to agendas.

However, he was a mere actor.

As she walked into the room she would notice a lack of his boisterous persona. A lack of the glint in his eyes which conveyed a foolish arrogance to the world.

It was as though someone had stripped away his essence and left a boring old business executive ready to talk about the saddening liquidation of a dying company. "I apologize for the unruly way of grabbing your attention." In regards to the Fox News interview. "But there are urgent matters which I must attend to, and you are at the foremost of them." The Merchant of Death stood up as he strode towards a window, gazing outside to the Chicago view with a thoughtful look in his eyes. "There are things about me which the world doesn't know. But before we continue, I must have a single question answered."

He turned towards her, hands clasped behind his suited back, pacific blue eyes staring at the seated woman. "Do you want what is best for this world?"

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1600  Edited By lady_liberty

"What sort of question is that?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Isn't there really only one answer in polite company? Look, I will be blunt, I wouldn't run if there weren't important tasks ahead. Things are a mess. In no small part due to you. I have to set right as much as I can."

A shrug of my shoulders. "If the country were in better shape I wouldn't run. It is a lot of work and I question the wisdom of superhumans in politics at all. Look at how that worked out in Venezeula and Spain. Millions dead."

@anthony_stark