Jake Malcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jake Malcom

@_sojourn_

" Over two thousand years have I lived and not a single moment goes by where I dont see the flaw in almost every action I have made in my life. Each moment has a potential to go one or two ways, I either turn left or I go right as you could say. But each time I know I have made a mistake that could of lead me into something more, something less trivial than a life long burden of being who I am." Longinus sips on a glass of Bourbon and his face contorts as the hard liquor fills his taste buds. Setting the glass down on a table, he continues "So long ago I made a mistake, one that even HE was forgiven for after paying his penance of a million pieces of silver. But no I have to stay behind and watch as my people kill themselves trying to prove themselves." His anger beginning to rise and become apparent to all around.

His body began to ooze and drip necro "I have done nothing besides keep my own people alive, and I am to feel ashamed for that?!" Barking at the man sitting at his table as if he was at fault he continues "No! I shall not be made to be the victim again. The fuck all father made me the victim all those years ago, now I am the beholder, no longer shall I be the eyes that behold, no..." Stopping for a moment and thinking "You know what I mean." he stands up and smiles in a drunken haze. Falling back into his chair he looks around the Night Walker. His own bar, he has been drinking for six days straight. Never taking a break, he was in one of his moods, and damn all who tried to stop him.

Looking at the man sitting before him he gives him a strange look "Who the bloody ell are you?.....I know you!....I think....I called you?....why did I call you?" For a moment he passes out face first into the table causing the glasses to shimmy on the table. Then just as fast as he passed out he comes to "A HA! Your the head smasher? Yeah your the fellow who is quite off in his mind yes.......why did I call you?...."

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Sitting here, I watch as the dust filters down through dim lighting, just barely illuminating the entirety of the establishment. Across from me a strange man drowns his sorrows in whiskey, I can smell it and it soothes me. As swanky as this place could be, there is a deadness here, a gravity that oppresses the soul, any soul. The round cherry oak table is old, I pick at the laminate that keeps it halfway usable in its age. Starring out the window, even my view of the world alters from inside the glass. I want to feel the sun, but all I can do is count the clouds, and listen...Listen to the babbling drunkard.

From our distance, I sit, feeling his hot breath as he imbibes a new drink of the same liquor. My water sits edge side sweating. Abruptly, he stands and spews some piece of his hatred toward something and then he crashes back again to his seat, and continues on the speech of a vitreous regret. Startled once more, his head slams against the table, sending my glass of water off the edge, it shatters into a millions little pieces. The water splashes everywhere, and it reminds me of the tears I think he wants to cry but can't. It was a terrible feeling not have release.

"Why did I call you" he repeats with a fervent forgetfulness only a drunk could manage to attain. To be honest, Avery didn't know what to do, or to say to answer, only because he wasn't sure. Would him answering with another question be gasoline to the obvious fire that burned so savagely within him? There was a chance that it would, but alas the only answer he could give.

"Yeah. That's me. The head smasher as you said. But I don't know why you called me. You just told me to meet you, and I did. Was there something you needed my help with?" Trying to lead him to an answer, I prayed that it would be consolation to whatever ailed him.

Jake Malcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@_sojourn_:

Trying to keep himself in a sitting position Jake looked at the man before him " SOUL!!! Yes I remember now...."He points to a group of men off the dance-floor, they are all huddled together each as nasty and disgusting as the next. A loud hiccup escapes Jakes mouth before he speaks "They have not bought a single thing....in three days.....I think they are here to cause trouble....."Shaking his head he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small bag filled with a red and thick liquid.

Biting down hard into the bag, Jake inhales the contents. A crimson mist sprays for a brief moment as he almost turns into an animal as he devours it. A few moments later and Jake's demeanor has changed, he is more calm and his words not nearly as slurred as before. "Sorry....Used to be human once upon a time ago. Means every century or two I need to let all those pent up emotions out....Thank you for coming." He extends a hand to Avery "I have been hearing things about you for sometime, and wanted to meet you. So I decided to have this meeting here and tonight, also give us a little bit of fun." Returning his gaze to the crowd of hairy monsters he continues talking "Those are Strigoi, and a messed up batch of them. Most Strigoi keep to themselves, that lot...been bothering my patrons for a few days and have yet to spend a single cent here. So...lets kick them out shall we?"

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By _Sojourn_

@jake_malcom: Over the duration of this time, he'd eyed that group of patrons, sparingly at best though. Avery stood to readjust his over rested legs, but really just to get a better look at the brooding men. Looking now back to Jake, he watched him ingest a red vapor. Knowing it was blood, he creased his brow working out the details. The results were miraculously evident. Jake turned from a slurring, bumbling drunkard to a distinguished and dapper gentlemen; using the term lightly. However, still, the difference was night and day.

"You want us to do what?" Sojourn was perplexed. He understood, when you go into a place of business you are there to buy or browse...But no one browses for three days. He thought it would suffice to just ask, assertively for them to leave. But there was a look in Jake's eyes. A type of jovial anger. He was happy to be able to do what he suggested, Avery however wasn't so much. "Jake. I'm not sure what it is you heard about me, but you should know that that isn't my style. I don't work like that." Of course considering what he'd heard, it was his style...But that was different now. He was a kink of knots that had finally gotten untangled, and he wasn't about to let one of his first acts of heroism be kicking people out of a bar...No matter how unruly...Where's a bouncer when you need one....