Character Study - CV RPG

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Choose any one writer and name which of their (in some cases endless number of) alts are:

1 - Your personal favorite character and what about them makes them so.

2 - Their best character and why you think they deserve that designation.

3 - Their most underutilized character that you would like to see elaborated on more.

• Make it as long or keep it as short as you like.
  • Feel free to ask others to elaborate on comments as to your own characters
  • Try to rotate among as many writers as possible and not the opinions of the same handful of writers if possible.
  • As to me the only correct answer is: They are all such exquisite works of art to choose one would be like choosing a favorite child, they are all perfect :)
Epitome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick-6

Dude balances realism with fun, and he's super consistent with his characterizations and their interactions. He references other characters and events, and makes other writers feel good when referring to their capabilities and actions. He keeps you on your toes in a fight and locks you down logically, instead of just launching his most powerful shot your way and expecting you to sell yourself to oblivion. Aside from that, dude's wicked nice to new users, one of the most patient guys around.

• My favorite character of his is probably Bold. He's just plain fun to see in action.
  • His best character is likely Prometheus, just in the way of creativity and characterization. He's a believable, impressionable AI. Loved reading his actions in the Iceland thing.
  • Underutilized? Jericho for sure. He's awesome. Luckily, we get to see him in the Growing Cancer thing, but for the longest time I was worried he was gonna get swept under the mat.
Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Favorite / Best Character - Kurt Pendragon

• Pretty sure most people would choose Anthony Stark as either favorite or best character, and while he has arguably had the most impact of his numerous alts, IMO he was nowhere near the most interesting.
  • The major reason why Kurt is the clear cut winner is because he was always portrayed as a flawed character whose flaws were actually allowed to have an direct impact and be represented IC. He made a litany of bad decisions, trusted the wrong people more than once, and allowed himself to be used by a number of other characters without ever feeling the need to metagame a way out of fear of looking bad.
  • There are so many characters that tend to hold up a facade of complete and absolute perfection where showing even the slightest hint of weakness or comeuppance is unthinkable, even when it is projected plain as day. To see a character not only acknowledge, but embrace the very flaws that make the character stand out from the crowd, is a refreshing change from the endless legion of Billy Badasses in bio and not deed.
  • Considering the dangerous and unpredictable world in which the Vine RPG takes place in, he is one of the most realistic in as the world has changed him, and not necessarily for the better.

Underutilized Character - ???

• I'm on hiatus so often there is no way for me to really be sure when is the last time he brought out the majority of his alts.
  • This is probably a question best left answered to those without a tendency to disappear fro months at a time constantly.

weARElegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GETH

His characters are very well written and thought out.

Fav character is Jack Cade

• shows leadership skills and plays fair
  • played a few scenarios with him, and flowed nicely.
Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to make a list here later :)

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread really is a great idea! Think I'll have one for Warsy later on. No promises, tho.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Maverick_6

Joygirl

Man, this author write here, she was amazing lol.She was one of the first people I actually roleplayed with on the forum, the second person I was involved with being also new, she helped me meld into CV pretty easy.

Simply put, every character she made was interesting and engaging to me. She was versatile and could make characters all over the spectrum of morality and power levels. They were all very fun to interact with and generally do stuff with.

Should also she typed up Grade-A Posts really, really fast. Was generally also rather nice OOC.

• Favorite character? Snowbelle. She was very naive at first, but in my very first interaction. She sold an attack on that character heavily. A character threw a mind rape attack at her and she was really, really affected by it. I was not originally capable of really thinking a nice, innocent and generally naive character would go such a dark place. It was painful for me and the guy who did it, who felt absolutely horrible. I loved it lol.
  • Best character? Probably Nymphmixia or Veelaru of Illea. Nymph was a very deep character but one who still managed to be entertaining and not well, broody.
  • Most underutlized is most likely the Harlequin twins. It was a pretty well down presentation of the two. They were probably the best take I've seen on the twins concept and I've seen quite a few tropes written on them that make them interesting.

Oh don't worry, there are quite a few writers here I have comments bout :P Even though Joy is essentially not here, she essentially broke me in and I try not to forget that. Gotta remember where you come from :P

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Valerie Huntington

Val writes with amazing detail, she makes you believe her characters are the ELITE and describes their personalities in such a way that you could picture them perfectly in a post.

Favorite character - Valerie

• Leader of the Hellfire Club, has influenced other prominent viners to join the club where she has complete control. To me that's a woman in power. Valerie is a socialite, a professional, and an icon at the same time. She's written so well that you kinda forget she's evil in the first place. What I really love about the character is that from day one she's stayed true to her mutant X gene, something her character is a spokesperson for. To me Val fits the role of a modern day politician.

Underutilized Charries - Amora

Definitely a lot more apparent with her evil than Valerie, she has a ton of resources at her disposal. I think with the right collection of enemies, Amora could be Val's most influential character around here

Vamoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this due to the awesome concept behind it.

Now get some compliments, you wonderful mofos!

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lady Liberty

In general, she's a very dynamic writer who allows for a lot of people to have a great impact on her events and even be able to shape it's outcome/ending. It's very hard to ping where exactly the event will go because she in actuality shapes it. You never really feel like there is already a set ending. I am also a fan of pretty realistic and clever characters, as a lot of her aspects are realistic and well researched. Otherwise, she makes pretty clever used of fictional elements and materials, like Psi bombs and her vibranium armro.

Favorite Character

Ivana is the only character I actually know, but she is one of my current favorite characters on the forum. She has a long history and a lot of canon, as well as an interesting and deep personality. She often leaves you wondering exactly how it is she thinks and would react to things, and is a very intimidating street level/mid-tier character. You can kind of feel the baws air emanating off her and she has some of the biggest balls on the forum.

Best Character

I'm not really in much position to say. I've only been around for maybe a year and Amaranth from what I heard, but in all honestly, I'll say Ivana based solely off what I know.

Most Underused character

Arrackattack. He's a very interesting character. He's a unique take on the "Gentle Giant" and "Genius Bruiser" archetypes. I love his dialogue most of all and he isn't a fighter, which in a world like this seperates him from a lot of characters and makes him inherently interesting.

IronPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zauberin (or so I'm told the name if spelled)

She's helped me develop my character a lot and has personally been there for me when I'm going through my funks. She provided a stage for my origin story, helped sell the conflict between it and Avalon, and has helped the robot develop emotionally. This all speaks to a writer that is generous with their time and open to others' ideas, allowing concepts to develop and flow naturally. Her characters have a lot of depth to them (though Arquitenens is really the only one I've really seen in action), and even the standard "never kills, true blue" character has a lot of tumultuous emotions and instability, she's not just a walking font of willpower and do goodliness. Her reactions feel organic, like that's how a person would react in that situation rather than how a character would. She also really knows how to guide her characters role in the story towards a greater dramatic peak rather than simply trying to "win" all the time, which is very much appreciated from my end as a reader.

Best Character

Arquitenens

Only one I really pay attention to, so I'm not sure its fair to say its her best, but I'm terrible at alt spotting so it'll have to do. She's got a variety of arrows at her disposal, making her versatile and capable, and probability manipulation and reality warping add to that, yet she never feels too overwhelming. Every fight has the potential to shape into a good one rather than having a case of "well if I sell that I'm dead, if I don't it'd have to be an act of god that saves me". Her weakness is really rather unique and can be worked into a variety of different situations, from fear, adrenaline, and certain types of attacks, making it a good source of unexpected drama.

Most Underutilized Character

This goes back to being bad at alt spotting, since the only alts of hers I know of are zauberin and fukuro zoku, and I have no idea what either of them has done. I'll leave this blank for now. =P

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Impero/La Espada/Andres Knightfall

He's been real mover and shaker on the Vine, never one to settle for writing anything less than quality pieces. His posts often build on his intelligence using well-researched concepts which gives a realism to the fantasy. But he writes more than just cerebral characters; he is adept at writing combat scenarios giving him a wide-range of writing capabilities. While his individual posts are picturesque in their detail, he never loses sight of the big picture which makes him an epic RPer and a brilliant partner for brainstorming. He's made some great threads, all of them well-organized, aesthetically pleasing, and well-defined.

Sadly, my answers are terribly vague and don't do nearly the justice deserved to this man and his characters, all of which are excellent. Hopefully others can expand on my comments.

Favourite Character: This is difficult. I have a soft spot for La Espada/Santiago Porthos as a suave genius. Similar could be said of Andres Knightfall, but he killed Xandra sooooooo... screw him. ;) His love of his employer intrigued me, the one woman he couldn't seduce so easily. His technological prowess made him useful for plots involving science.

Best Character: Uhhh... though I never interacted with him, I might say Brauma Bull just because of his extremist impact. He was quite a diversion from the sauve, sophisticated characters I associated with the writer. Now there's Satar who carries on the legacy of this role continuing to make waves on the Vine.

Most Underutilized Character: Not sure about this one. I haven't interacted with a majority of his characters. I did enjoy his werewolf character when the Vine went the werewolf route. He had a unique voice. He would have been an interesting one to see more of.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@the_psyentist: He's been real mover and shaker on the Vine, never one to settle for writing anything less than quality pieces. His posts often build on his intelligence using well-researched concepts which gives a realism to the fantasy. But he writes more than just cerebral characters; he is adept at writing combat scenarios giving him a wide-range of writing capabilities. While his individual posts are picturesque in their detail, he never loses sight of the big picture which makes him an epic RPer and a brilliant partner for brainstorming. He's made some great threads, all of them well-organized, aesthetically pleasing, and well-defined.

Spot on right here

Avatar image for deactivated-6032280486b7d
deactivated-6032280486b7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironphantom: Aww, you're a sweetie. If I hadn't maxed out on effusive displays for the week I'd hug you. Thanks. ^_^

And don't worry about alt-spotting. In the time you've been around, the only alt I've actually used to any significant extent is Arquitenens, so unless you looked back you wouldn't see them. [And it's always different looking at past work than seeing things as they happen.]

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By _Drake

Warsman:

1. My favorite character of his: I'll be honest, I'm a fan of anything this guy does. He had stupid joke characters being written better than actual serious characters, he had serious characters with so much to exploit it wasn't even funny. But if I had to pick a favorite amid all the Warsmans, Allegiances, Freemans and in general, it'd be Gaiseric.Who's Gaiseric, you might be asking. Well, he was the first Warsy alt I learned to love, the lead character of the first Skellbrieg story ever, he had a strong personality and the traits any leader should, add that with being able to maintain a band of mercs together and treat them like family. Maybe I'm biased, but he has a special place in my heart because he was the main reason writing at Skellbrieg was so goddamn fun, probably what made me stick around the forum a little longer. The whole Vor'zhul/Gaiseric dynamic was awesome!
  2. His best character: Now this isn't my opinion, but what I have seen around. Apparently, his best character is Allegiance! The super-soldier is a loveable character, mostly because he inherits that stupendous goody-two-shoes vibe from his counterpart on Marvel. Still, he has a depth Warsy explores like few would. His war stories and how they built his character really were something else, I may not be a huge fan of Allegiance as I am of Gaiseric or even Dio's version of Warsman, but his Blogs and interactions always had a distinct flair to them. God bless America!
  3. Most unutilized character: Hmm... This is a tough one, I've seen from Doom to Freeman, from serious guys like Allegiance to dumbasses like our whole pirate crew (remember that, Wars? lmao). My pick, though, would be Yossele & Freddie. I just love the dynamic between the two, the idea is pretty ingenious! I would never have thought a Fable and human merging could be so much fun! I'd definitely want to see more of it, we never really had a complete interaction, only when Drake Wolf and Yossele were still a bromance lol Also, it's JoJo. Can't go wrong with buff muscle guys with freaking spirits coming out of their backs and screaming randomly.
Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone want to crit me?

benny_bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snapjaw

Blubber/Backstabber/SnapjawI’ve only recently starting writing with his guy, and it’s always a good time. Many of his characters have a dose of whimsy or really reflect the kind of feel of old, Silver Age comics or something. While he often writes them as funny or having a sense of humour, there’s still a lot of… well, for lack of a better word, humanity to them. He’s a breath of fresh air with all the darkness and gloom I usually write and see around.

1 - Favourite—Um, Backstabber. I’ve never actually interacted with the character, but in the WDYCT thread, Backstabber’s writer shows a very quick wit. He’s a total cliche, but he’s supposed to be. That’s what makes him funny. He can take it, and he can give it. He may not be as badass, adept, young, or attractive as 90% of the Vine PC’s, but he sure can outshine quite a few.

2 - Best—Windbreaker was how I first started to get to know this writer. At first, I thought I was just getting into another interaction with some guy who was super suave and attractive and rich. The real package can be a yawn sometimes. But he wasn’t perfect. And that made him more interesting. He was written very much like a real person with desires and insecurities. He looks like he could have real potential to be a hero, a true blue in a sea of greys and reds.

3 - Underutilized—He’s got a number of alts that I’d love to see more of, but if I had to pick one that I’d want to see expanded upon, I think it’d be Gripper. He has humble beginnings and is an older character. He’s kind of the opposite of every character on the Vine. So many are people who trained to become the very best; Gripper literally fell into his powers. His perspective would be unique from other characters. My biggest concern about him being expanded is that the disparity between him and other characters is so great that chemistry might be difficult. Or maybe that’s just part of the challenge of writing a different kind of RPG character.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist:

I have to agree wholeheartedly. He's honestly one of my favorite writers.

1. Favorite: Backstabber. He comes across at first as a totally arrogant guy who thinks he's the best at everything (and some people do try to do that :P) but then you actually find out he's a total dunce. A pretty refreshing change from charaters

2. Best: Major Blackstar. Battle of Henosha was where some of his best work was at imo. Blackstar is one of your iconic true blue heroes, though he is from another planet, a lot goes into his background much like his other characters and the character is just very likeable to me.

3. Underutilized: Blubber. He seems a rather unorthodox and humble character, and mostly the premise behind him is what makes me want to see more of him. Admittedly, I don't know much about him, but he's just one I haven't seen much that I'd be interested.

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me, me, me!

Avatar image for damien_bonaparte
Damien_Bonaparte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*isn't here

No Caption Provided

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>Waiting on it like I'm waiting for the next quit

Venatoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that convinces me.

I am now going to squeal and probably scare my dog.

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Said it was Joyz. But nooooooo, we're silly and the worst detectives ever.

Detective Drake Wolf's nose never fails him.

Venatoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, alright, it's me. :) Just been laying low for a little while because I haven't had the time to get involved in a lot of stuff. So just been focusing on Vena for the moment. But yeah, it's Joy. ^.^

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By _Nobody_

It'd be my first guess if SOME SO-CALLED PARTNER, which I'll not be revealing, said it was Azzy!

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By _Ophelia_

@venatoria: You silly Joy you! Making me look like a dunce!

But I totally understand wanting to lay low. We've all just missed you so much, and are glad you're back! =3

@_nobody_:OH SHADDUP! I'm gullible and easily fooled, okay? xP

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By _Nobody_

@_ophelia_: But not a fox in a human body?

Pfft, yeah, alright >_>

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn I'm a good detective.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: Yeah, you lower my skillz.

I work alone now...

*goes away crying*

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nobody_ said:

@_ophelia_: Yeah, you lower my skillz.

I work alone now...

*goes away crying*

Aww, that's a little bit adorable, a little bit.

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venatoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, alright, it's me. :) Just been laying low for a little while because I haven't had the time to get involved in a lot of stuff. So just been focusing on Vena for the moment. But yeah, it's Joy. ^.^

O_O

:O

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

You guys didn't know it was jo- ah nevermind

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Celtic_Maege

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious now...

What about me? Anyone want to critique moi?

(DC)