Character Introduction; The Drifter

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Sharp suit, cane and hat, slick pants, and a pocket watch....What some would call their Sunday Best.

The cane twirls in slender pale hands as the man approaches a tall pair of gates made of bones and unprepared human meat of the damned.

“Such a warm breeze." He remarked as he shifted all his weight on the cane, gently leaning to the side.

“Magox...open the gates....Magox....?" The shadowy figure continued.

“Oh dear, it appears my friend, Magox, has made himself inadvertently into Cerebus food." The lank visage of a well dressed man laughed as a three headed dog could be heard crunching bones in the distance. Extending his cane, it turned into that of a key at the end and instantly unlocked the rib cage fashioned padlocked loosely hung by spinal cords on the gates. As it fell to the ground, bones clattered and the tall suited man strolled inside Hell,

twirling his cane once more.

“Who are you?" A voice boomed, presumably whatever lord of hell claimed dominance over the warp these days.

“I am Anton Lucford." The man replied.

As the voice took form into that of a trickster daemon, it sat floating mid air with legs crossed and arms folded...sixteen horns protruding from its head.

The Sorcerer Lucford laughed. “Is this what he left?"

“You'll have to enlighten me as to what you mean." The trickster bellowed, smoke filtering out of his nostrils.

“Well, from what I heard, of a different time...a man named Christopher Lockhart really f#*^}ed you guys over."

“Hell remembers. " The demon snorted, “but how does the former king of hell involve you?" The trickster continued stroking his goat like beard as he levitated down to the ground.

“It is my throne now, stand aside and I will pay you greatly. Stand in my way and it is you will pay." Anton Lucford said, slightly shaking his cane at the only thing standing in his way of the throne.

“So be it.....I have no fight left in me anyway, surely if “it" happened tomorrow, I'd let those bastards turn my bones into a harp if it meant they'd shut up..but you must know regardless of you asserting dominance over a weary trickster, you are human, sorcerer or not, you need an innocent soul to secure your rite to the throne. When you do that, you'll have my support or whatever you want. Hopefully I can take a much needed nap then." The trickster replied and then disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Meanwhile, a young rock and roll obsessed teenager would pray for his mother's body to be healed of the cancer residing inside. His name was

Stephen Castle, and his life would never be the same.

----

Hell or High Water.

___

“Forgive me, father, for I have sinned."

“All have fallen short of the glory of God, my son."

“I stole from a gas station, Father."

“Why did you do this, my son?"

"My mother...she...she's very sick. She has cancer, my father is gone, I didn't know how we would eat..."

As the boy burst in tears, the priest prayed with him and instructed him to do four hail mary's and to pray for forgiveness.

The boy left as did the Priest but as those two took their leave, the boy felt a chill in the air. A shadow entering the cathedral, whispering sweetly into his ear.

“Stephen...stephen...your mother can be cured..."

As the black tendrils tugged him closer, the boy followed and the darkness engulfed him.

In a realm of complete shadow, he awoke and prodding him with the point of his cane was none other than the new self proclaimed king of hell, Anton Lucford.

“Castle, is it?" The sorcerer asked, as the boy's eyes fully adjusted.

“Christ! Who are you!? How do you know my name?" Stephen asked, poking back but feeling nothing but cool air.

“I am God. If you do exactly as I say, your mother will be saved but if you fail to do so, she will pay your penance...do you understand?" The sorcerer lied and as he lied, all the darkness behind them shifted to the ruse of pure loving light.

Stephen nodded and inadvertently signed his soul away.

With the snap of Lucford's boney fingers, Stephen woke up on earth in his bed.

“Mom?" He called out, searching through the house and to his shock, there she was cooking pancakes in the kitchen. He hugged her and his mind was finally at peace.

----

The next day, Barbara Castle died of an unsuspected heart attack. In the hospital, Stephen turned his head to the heavens and threw his fist in the air and shook it, a single tear dripping down his face. As he looked back down, the tears fell harder..

“God!!! Why?!!" He shouted.

“God had nothing to do with it. I am Anton Lucford, King Of Hell." A devlish figure appeared standing over Barbara's bedside.

“What?" Stephen asked confused and angry.

“Does this look familiar?" The sorcerer laughed as angelic wings formed behind him. “You signed yourself to me."

"No! This can't be! You said she would live."

“The contract states she'll live without cancer and she did...now, don't think I'm done with you. I need six hundred and sixty six souls to fill the river styx. They all escaped after a man named Arrow, well, long story. You'll be my bounty hunter. You're going to get them back."

“As a human? You expect to track down over six hundred demons for you with nothing but the shirt on my back after you killed my mother? I don't think so. I'm out."

And Stephen Castle began to leave but as he did, his feet stuck where they stood.

“You're my property, Stephen. You do as I say." Lucford said snidely.

“And don't worry you won't be going alone, you'll be going with my dear friend....Leviathan."

Lucford chuckled before continuing, “A broken man, a demon in his heart, forced to wander from place to place under my control? You're nothing but a drifter passing in the wind." He continued and with the snap of his fingers, it became Stephen's reality.

---

Essentially Stephen Castle is possessed by Leviathan, a demonic entity who hates doing good. Stephen wants to do good but basically is torn between his own intentions and his literal inner demons.

His official look is Ghost Rider and I would picture him not far off from that.

His powers include

Hellfire Manipulation

Motorcycle Chains (which can be lit on fire)

Control over Necroplasm

Immunity to Fire

Supernatural Sense (sensing magickal creatures)

Super Strength

Avatar image for deactivated-6030568ceeb29
deactivated-6030568ceeb29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Going for the Ghost Rider type, cool. I don't know to many people that are going that route. Interested in seeing what you do.