Character idea!!!

Ace13385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ace13385

Just an interesting character idea. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Riptide

• Current Alias: Riptide
  • Affiliation: Teen Titans, Young Justice, Atlantean Guard
  • Base of Operations: Atlantis, Washington DC

Status

• Alignment: Good
  • Identity: Public
  • Race: Atlantean/Homo Magi
  • Citizenship: Atlantean
  • Marital Status: Single

Characteristics

• Height: 5’11”
  • Weight: 170 lb
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blond

Origin

The son of a Homo Magi and an Atlantean ambassador, Sean was born in Atlantis after his Atlantean mother was forced to return to Atlantis. Soon after his birth, his parents separated, causing Sean to spend half his time on land and the other half in the sea. At the age of 17, his father was killed during a terrorist attack on the Atlantean Embassy, causing Sean to permanently move to the surface world, taking over his father’s place as a hero and a protector, adopting the mantle of Riptide. Eventually, Riptide had a run in with the Teen Titans, and has been a member ever since.

Powers

• Hydrokinesis: Riptide has the ability to manipulate and control water in all its forms, including ice, steam, and its liquid form, and can change the form at will. His hydrokinetic abilities are enhanced by his ancestry and genetics.
  • Atlantean Physiology: Like most Atlanteans, this means Riptide can breathe underwater and withstand the pressures of the deep. He also possesses superhuman levels of strength, speed, endurance and durability, all by-products of his body being adapted to survive unprotected in the tremendous pressures of the ocean depths. Although other Atlanteans possess similar adaptations, many of Riptide’s adaptions are enhanced due to his Homo Magi father.
  • Water Summoning: When Riptide’s hydrokinetic abilities first surfaced, his father inscribed the Mark of Atlantis on his chest, and enchanted it, allowing Riptide to summon water, so that he may never be without it. This ability draws upon Riptide’s Homo Magi ancestry to function, and is considered a form of sorcery.

Does this character have any potential?

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ace13385:

So, the offspring of Aqua Man and Zatanna?...

I like it...I think it could work

d^_^b

Ace13385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superstay: Thanks!!! I thought about having him transmute instead of summon water, but I thought that it might make him too powerful...

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ace13385:

LOL...no such thing as 'too powerful'...it all depends on how you write him...

But, I could understand your reasoning...I think it's fine...

d^_^b

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like a fun set up but one problem. The CVNU (universe in which most of the threads in the rp forum take place) has no Teen Titans (or any other stablished team such Xmen Justice League etc). This is so we can be free to make the characters we want and the locations and teams we want without fault. Otherwise it'd be "why join STRIKE (a CVnU Shield inspired team) when you could just join Marvel's Shield?" In simple terminology the CVNU is the main RPG universe and it exists as it's own thing.

At the moment there is an Atlantis in cv I can link you if you want. Don't think it's much(if at all) diffrent from that of the DCU but wouldn't hurt to look.

Aren't to many teams at the moment besides Strike, however there is two schools at the moment Barnes and Gothic City Academy that might fill that gap if Strike doesn't suit you

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ace13385:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/rpg-9/gothic-city-academy-cvnu-school-location-1691004/#77 Gothic City Academy (seems more likely to train potential vigilanties

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/rpg-9/barnes-academy-ic-1676164/#123 Barnes academy (seems more a regular school)

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/rpg-9/the-new-atlantis-cvnu-location-1673841/#98 the Atlantis of the CVNU

The two academies are located in Gothic City(think Gotham).

No idea if any of that helps but at least I tried