This topic is locked from further discussion.

#6651 Posted by mantoidx (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Umbra Sorcerer: ^_^ A problem could arise if it were put into play. If previous names used became unavailable after a name change the names could run out fast.
#6652 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8141 posts) - - Show Bio
@mantoidx: True that is a problem. But i would do anything to change my username :p
#6653 Posted by mantoidx (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent: Oh. :-)
#6654 Posted by mantoidx (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Umbra Sorcerer: Anything? How about trade all your posts? ;p
#6655 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8141 posts) - - Show Bio
@mantoidx: Yep id have my post counts set back to Zero if i could change me name :p  
#6656 Posted by mantoidx (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Umbra Sorcerer: You can just make a new account right?
#6657 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
@Constantine said:
@Paragon said:
@lazystudent: I'm going to say that's a result of my head injury still... I think just replace the first "who" with "what with"...
still Who-vian talk? O_o  what is such?...
That's not a term referencing Dr. Who? I swear I've heard Craig Fergison use it. That or I lost the actual word under his thick accent....
#6658 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

Changing usernames would be nice...

#6659 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow: @lazystudent:

@Constantine: Us Englishmen have nothing to fear from Scotland , we leave you to your battered mars bars and rubbish footabll league and your perfectly happy lol.  Cue it being You and Arrow attacking England again lol 

O'really? *jumps to Scotlands side of Hadrians wall*

You ever hear of the Romans ninth legion?

#6660 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8141 posts) - - Show Bio
 @mantoidx: Yes i could but i already have 5 different ones and i ain't making another
#6661 Posted by mantoidx (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~: You too?
#6662 Posted by mantoidx (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Umbra Sorcerer: Oh, too much work?
#6663 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
Used to be a thing, but I think it screwed up URLs and code, so they put an end to it...
#6664 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio
@mantoidx said:
@lazystudent: Oh well. Comicvine would change significantly if they made the option to change the username on a file and keep all of the posts linked with it.
In the good old days that was exactly how it was like... though I think too many people kept changing, I know I got through quite a few! ;D
#6665 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paragon said:
@Constantine said:
@Paragon said:
@lazystudent: I'm going to say that's a result of my head injury still... I think just replace the first "who" with "what with"...
still Who-vian talk? O_o  what is such?...
That's not a term referencing Dr. Who? I swear I've heard Craig Fergison use it. That or I lost the actual word under his thick accent....
Yes it is, I'm just wondering what Who-vian things you were talking about >_<
#6666 Posted by mantoidx (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@Constantine said:
@mantoidx said:
@lazystudent: Oh well. Comicvine would change significantly if they made the option to change the username on a file and keep all of the posts linked with it.
In the good old days that was exactly how it was like... though I think too many people kept changing, I know I got through quite a few! ;D
O_O How long ago was that? Must have been early version 1.0.
#6667 Edited by mantoidx (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paragon said:

@~The Wanderer~ said:

Used to be a thing, but I think it screwed up URLs and code, so they put an end to it...
What they could do instead is have a global username, and have the name when you post modifiable.
#6668 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paragon: I know, I was one of those that got their URLs screwed up :P
@mantoidx said:
Yep, not sure what I'd change it to though lol.
#6669 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8141 posts) - - Show Bio
@mantoidx: No i remember them easy But it's just i want this as my main so it sends notifications to my e-mail. Its easier to check on my Ipod.
#6670 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio
@mantoidx said:
@Constantine said:
@mantoidx said:
Hmmm I'd say it was about 3 years ago.... hence I ended with the name Constantine, but there was a good chunk of time between each name of mine so I think it'd have to be a year after I joined, it was very memorable at least XD
#6671 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
@mantoidx said:
What they code instead do is have a global username, and have the name when you post modifiable.
That's a good idea IMO. Only problem with that might be looking up users without having a link to their profile next to you (such as finding their bio, or adding them to a PM >_>).
#6672 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
@Constantine: I think I just saw another of your .gifs and my brain turned off, then assumed it was talk of the Doctor...
Blaming head injury again. Haha.
#6673 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
@mantoidx said:
Yep, not sure what I'd change it to though lol.
but Twi your names are too memorable!

I thought this as an entirely different account to the old one though >_<
#6674 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
@Constantine: ...Huh? O_o lol
#6675 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paragon said:
@Constantine: I think I just saw another of your .gifs and my brain turned off, then assumed it was talk of the Doctor... Blaming head injury again. Haha.
lol fair enough, the whoness was a few pages back we weere on about Lazy copying arrow who copied me >_<

and head injury? poor parrot whats happened?
#6676 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
@Constantine: ...Huh? O_o lol
you were twilight man and everyone knew you and then wands and everyone knows you, your names are just too memorable!
#6677 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
@Constantine: Well sure, but I don't think that has much to do with the names I use xP
#6678 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
@Constantine said:
@Paragon said:
@Constantine: I think I just saw another of your .gifs and my brain turned off, then assumed it was talk of the Doctor... Blaming head injury again. Haha.
lol fair enough, the whoness was a few pages back we weere on about Lazy copying arrow who copied me >_<  and head injury? poor parrot whats happened?
About 3 or 4 months ago, I crushed my brain in Russia on the new luge track there. Still slowly recovering from the concussion, and still have double vision from the bump. I'm still not allowed to get my heart rate over 120 BPM, since anything more still gives me a bit of a headache.
#6679 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
@Constantine: Well sure, but I don't think that has much to do with the names I use xP
LIES AND BLASPHEMY!!

@Paragon said:
@Constantine said:
@Paragon said:
lol fair enough, the whoness was a few pages back we weere on about Lazy copying arrow who copied me >_<  and head injury? poor parrot whats happened?
About 3 or 4 months ago, I crushed my brain in Russia on the new luge track there. Still slowly recovering from the concussion, and still have double vision from the bump. I'm still not allowed to get my heart rate over 120 BPM, since anything more still gives me a bit of a headache.
awww well that sucks dude, hope you get better soon man :D
#6680 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
@Constantine: Me too. I'm getting bored of doing nothing and seeing 2 of everything got old real fast. :P
#6681 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paragon said:
@Constantine: Me too. I'm getting bored of doing nothing and seeing 2 of everything got old real fast. :P
lol well you have my best :D
#6682 Posted by mantoidx (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Umbra Sorcerer said:
@mantoidx: No i remember them easy But it's just i want this as my main so it sends notifications to my e-mail. Its easier to check on my Ipod.
Oh. You could have other emails forward to your main. ;p 

@Constantine said:
@mantoidx said:
@Constantine said:
@mantoidx said:
Hmmm I'd say it was about 3 years ago.... hence I ended with the name Constantine, but there was a good chunk of time between each name of mine so I think it'd have to be a year after I joined, it was very memorable at least XD
I created my first account about 3 years 4 months ago and I do not remember this. Maybe I was unaware of it. 

@~The Wanderer~ said:
@mantoidx said:
What they code instead do is have a global username, and have the name when you post modifiable.
That's a good idea IMO. Only problem with that might be looking up users without having a link to their profile next to you (such as finding their bio, or adding them to a PM >_>).
Good point, that would be a problem.
#6683 Edited by Scion_of_Light (1824 posts) - - Show Bio
It was more difficult then it seemed, punching though the wooden board set up before him, and it was with gusto that Aaron continued his training. He had to practice with his hand to hand skills just as much as with his sword skills if he wanted to improve himself, and today was to be a grueling session. He was practicing outside, enjoying the cool breeze as he honed his body for war.
#6684 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scion_of_Light said:
@Night_Rake: "I see, well...what's it like? Have you met Leo in person?" 

@MockingbirdAaron looked around and someone approaching, introducing herself as Mockingbird, She was the newest member of the team and Aaron slowly rose to his feet to welcome her. "You weren't really interrupting anything vital, my name's Aaron. Nice to meet you Mockingbird!" He extended his hand.
(>.<)

"No,I have not.He's too......obnoxious."
#6685 Posted by Scion_of_Light (1824 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433: "Well you must find it at least interesting to see another version of you?"  

Aaron continued his training, throwing flurries of punches and kicks into the air in order to try and focus on a style of combat instead of his random attacks. Practice makes perfect after all...
#6686 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scion_of_Light said:
@MarvelJackAss433: "Well you must find it at least interesting to see another version of you?"  

Aaron continued his training, throwing flurries of punches and kicks into the air in order to try and focus on a style of combat instead of his random attacks. Practice makes perfect after all...
"To be truthful,no.It used to be when I learned this ability,but now It's just boring.And this universe's Leonidas makes me jealous."
#6687 Posted by Scion_of_Light (1824 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433: "How so?"
#6688 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scion_of_Light: "He's a normal guy who can actually go on a date.I look like a f#$^& Jacka$$,literately.
#6689 Posted by Scion_of_Light (1824 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433: "I bet you could find a nice girl to go out with!" Aaron chuckled, "Although I'm sadly still single too! Some nice girls on Champion's Island if you want to look around."
#6690 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scion_of_Light: "I doubt any would be able to get past the 'I look like a ugly horse-lizard' thing."
#6691 Posted by Scion_of_Light (1824 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433: "With that attitude maybe! All you need to do is look for a nice girl who doesn't care about looks." Aaron sat down on the ground in exhaustion.
#6692 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scion_of_Light: "I suppose...." flies to the beach and approaches some women,who run away screaming.
#6693 Posted by Scion_of_Light (1824 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433: "I...didn't mean to let you do that..."  

Aaron watched him scare off some women, waiting on the sands of the beach for him to finish.
#6694 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scion_of_Light: walks back over to Aaron."See what I mean?"
#6695 Posted by Scion_of_Light (1824 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433: "You might want to try utilizing subtlety next time." Aaron's blue eyes sparkled with humor along with his smile, "I can even be your wingman!"
#6696 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scion_of_Light: Yes,you can!
#6697 Posted by Scion_of_Light (1824 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433: "I was actually joking friend." Aaron laughed at the very thought of him running around looking for women. He had no problem with flirting, but he never knew when a girl liked him or if he should ask them out, "I'm not a very good wingman, but I could introduce you to some nice girls later!"
#6698 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scion_of_Light: Sure sure.
#6699 Posted by Scion_of_Light (1824 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433: "Maybe another time." Aaron stood up and started training again, the ocean crashing in the background, "Why not just enjoy yourself around here for now?"
#6700 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio
@Constantine:  The Ninth legion went into Scotland i wont make that mistake u want to attack me come to England, your record isnt so good here lol. 

@mantoidx: i like the the changeable post name idea.