Candy - Arnold's Ship

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arnold_Layne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Arnold_Layne

"My baby girl, I missed ya so much!"

Designed originally by Arnold Layne's astounding prowess with technology, Candy's blueprints were snatched ferociously by an antique nemesis, the Sith Lord Vor'zhuul (Atrocity) of the Mandalorian race. Recently recovered at the borderlines of Earth, Layne managed to transmogrify the plans for a petite, albeit decisive spaceship, which he proudly baptized Candy.

The vessel's wings are rendered slender and impracticable to maneuver, whilst the secret to its soaring lays marginally on them, being solely possible due to its rotating propulsion system that manages to guide the ship. The airfoils are scrupulously utilized with fatal precision in harsh conditions such as an acerbic, eroding atmosphere, exclusively for hovering, cutting-edge, turbulent maneuvers. It bestows a pivoting system proper for effective landing and taking off, gyrating expeditiously to horizontal when the ship approaches the soil and its landing pads protrude, then twisting back to vertical as the propulsion hardware is set to jolt onto space.

It's outer shell isn't fragile, as the vigorous scars of war garnish a verdant shell of veracious safeguarding, composed of a metallic alloy of utmost protection, even though its shielding may present no flaws, the vessel is one tough lady.

Inside, it is rather complacent, swimmingly sheltering, at least, five people while offering velvety rooms, inner kitchen, two restrooms, a playroom with ceaseless extra-terrestrial leisure, hologram terminals, aside many other enthralling features. For instance, Layne's secret arsenal unveiled by a secret input on his main-terminal.

Naturally, Candy comes with a complete set of orthodox bounty-hunting devices, such as heat scanners, jamming devices for law-abiding individuals that may seek to arrest Arnold, homing-beacons, motion-sensor, lock-in aiming services, common proton blaster cannons and missile propellers.

Offensive & Defensive Measures:

TI-35 - Tesla-Ionic Pattern 35 heavy blaster cannons. Responsible for defending many freight ships in and across the Outer Rim, these iconic weapons are also the staple of any competent pirate and bounty hunter vessel. Borrowing from the common Tesla coil and incorporating ionic energies in place of electrical components, the cannon's inner workings also allow for a great deal of strain due to the blaster's primary mode of firing. This makes it incredibly flexible once influenced by the charged ions. The resulting propulsion for the bolts is caused by a focused jettison of specialized gases that remove the magnetizing properties of the charged ions long enough for them to leave the barrel in clusters.

Sonic mines - Incorporated into the cargo chute, these nasty bombs are a horrendous surprise for anyone tracking the vicious bounty hunter. Despite the name, these specialized "sonic" mines are not simply geared to scramble audio but are also designed to expand outwards in an uproarious blast capable of shredding even the toughest hull. This rippling aura is also responsible for destructive impulses meant to purposely antagonize any sort of radar in the process of its hazardous path.

Boarding hooks and electrified hull - Typically used in conjunction with each other, the signature weapons of any pirate or bounty hunter mostly involve disabling a target ship and attaching to it to establish the raid. The customized barbs of a boarding hook differ according to the area and preference involved. Commonly, they are large, crude, and impossible to remove outside of the wielder's immediate control. A system of large tasers then send a burst of EMP energy throughout the opposing vessel, rendering it useless in the closer quarters ship combat.

Ghost image - A relatively new addition to pirating and bounty hunting is the introduction of devices used to evade law enforcement. With the Jedi making their presence known even in the dangerous Outer Rim, the more illegal professions are put into danger. That is why ghost image hardware exists. Given enough time to charge the device and with the simple press of a button, the ship possessing said hardware projects a picture perfect hologram in the direction it is being followed in. While not useful in the sense of a battle, ghost images are undeniably useful while on the run from local officers as well as the Jedi if the distance is enough.

Lancers - When a warship is out of ammo and its guns are overheated, then it is a sitting duck. Pirates and bounty hunters have discovered that space combat devolves into melee very quickly. That is why there are specific points on their vessels' hulls that have been reinforced and often decorated with heavy spikes so that they can ram into enemy boats and cause extensive damage. This is most often used against the windows of a cockpit, and to gruesome effect.

Throat guns - There is a certain attraction to the heavy reverberations from a giant cannon being fired. Often comprised of autocannons and other firearms capable of shooting off fist-sized shells at a ludicrous rate, the vast armory of "throat guns" are used solely for mid to short range firefights. The noise from unleashing a barrage from these weapons is paramount to shaking the entire ship if only for a split second and many who equip their vessels with them suggest bracing the neck before pulling the trigger, hence the nickname.

Normal shielding and ion shielding - As for defending itself from forthcoming blasts of mighty magnitude, the ship boasts from shielding protection, which consists on subatomic analyzing piles of a metal similar to vibranium, and reproducing it as an energy shield, covering the entire ship. Albeit it may be turned off due to continuous damage, it renders an important protective measure, permitting Candy's crew to fight back. A current upgrade added another shielding option, to defend the vessel against solar flares. Composed of a system no bigger than a large desk, which uses the same energy as an electric kettle. Two mini-magnetospheres are contained within two mini satellites located outside the spaceship. Should there be an increase in solar wind flux, or an approaching cloud of energetic particles from a flare, the magnetospheres can be switched onand the solar ions are deflected away from the spacecraft.

Invisibility - Another upgrade, mostly used on stealthy mission or to escape local authorities, the 'invisibility cloak' consists of small metamaterial devices scattered through the hull, once active, they are able to divert light and soundwaves. The result is a flawless camouflage, able to trick even the most attentive beings.

Dummy torpedoes - Blended along the substantial ammunition of the proton weaponry, these capsules mimic flawlessly the effect of a shot, apart from damage. Instead, the bright, turquoise or vermilion capsules girdle beacons or tracking devices. Depending on the situation, the outrageous Candy might transfer its signal to a stronger beacon and glue it to an enemy's hull in order to avert an air-strike or lose its camouflage. As for the tracking devices, it functions as a clairvoyant path to collecting the rewards regardless of an escapade, transmitting, second after second, the current whereabouts of the tracked vehicle.

Tractor beam - An attenuated linear Graviton beam used by the starship to control (attract/withdraw) movement around it for 100 meters ratio. The tractor beam places spatial stresses on the object in specific areas, allowing it to hold the "tractored" object in a fixed location or alter its position and/or trajectory. While tractor beams are normally used to pull objects towards the beam source or tow objects, conversely, they can also be set to repel objects.

Magnetic-pulse mines - Mischievous explosives, these ostensibly inoffensive mines can be rendered dreadful instantaneously, by a mere outburst outside the adversary vessel's hull, it will engulf its ions and magnetize it puissantly. Depending on the area affected, it may push heavy cargo ships straightforwardly, thorough for traps, distinctively to disrupt minor ships formations and/or raid major vehicles by forcing other metallic objects to crack a thick hull prior to invading.

(If anyone wanna join the crew, PM me.)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Nice sht man, this is good.

I might join.

Arnold_Layne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arnold_Layne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good stuff!

Arnold_Layne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well done.

Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tank.
No Caption Provided

Write up looks great. Best of luck.

(Has the urge to support anything remotely Star Wars related)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arnold_Layne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tank_: @rafael_romeiro: Thank you and thank you.

Tank, yeah, Star Wars is awesome enough to be a thing =P

Arnold_Layne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Be noted that I hardly land on Earth >_>

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arnold_layne: Ah well, ah well :P I'll probably use him. Or someone else! I'll see.

Arnold_Layne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: *whispers*

Cad Bane alt... Cad Bane alt... Cad Bane alt...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arnold_Layne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arnold_Layne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quietus: Cad Bane!

Now we gots to be rivals or besties =P

I'mma set up a bounty-hunting championship tomorrow. Three new members to join a Guild I shall later write about. Anyways, it's all about bounty-hunting. Hope you will join me and MM.

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sends whispers to Nordok that there's some important stuff here.

Arnold_Layne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: I don't see how this is important, but thanks, anyways. ^_^

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Quietus

No Caption Provided

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why this made me laugh so much LOL

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arnold_layne: Just wants to cause you trouble with the Imperium.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Have fun and nice work.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arnold_layne: I would like to join but can I use captain harlock as my av or does it have to be star wars related ?

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'mma set up a bounty-hunting championship tomorrow. Three new members to join a Guild I shall later write about. Anyways, it's all about bounty-hunting. Hope you will join me and MM.

This actually sounds interesting. I could see at least one way that could be cool in execution (at least partially). I'll be keeping an eye out.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome stuff bro! Great job!

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like it. Looks like someone Reckoner would hang with. His bio's in my about me page.