Can you go 10 rounds with the Devil? Let's find out.

Avatar image for vermillion_fury
Vermillion_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Vermillion_Fury

The ache in your head is the first thing you feel. Worse than any hangover you've ever had... then you hear that weird sound. The distant sounds of metal on metal, machinery, engines... Then.... warm, hot breath on your neck. Or, that's what you think when your eyes snap open and you try to throw a fist. That's when you realize your restrained. You look down. Your in a chair, classically tied. In the back of your mind you may be wondering how simple straps can restrain someone with your abilities... you don't have time to meditate on it, however, as that's when you decide to look up.

You didn't think about it at first because it was too dark, but now that your eyes have adjusted, you see where you are. In the middle of a freaking fairground. Abandoned, by your simple judgement. You start to wonder if your in the setup of a cheesy horror movie.. Until bright neon lights flash in your face. Your blinded for a few second, before you see a huge neon sign in front of you. Was that there before? You start to read, but then a voice in your ear whispers it to you. You can't move your head to look... but you feel that breath again, with each word he-you think it's a he-reads to you.

Welcome, newest contestant, to the newest gameshow that is sweeping the globe this Hallows Eve, "10 rounds with the Devil". Become a hero of this tale on national television, or the victim of the fears of this world? We'll see!

With that last hot breathed word, your chair starts moving... fast. A nearby tent opens wide on it's own, and screams ring out across the park as others like you are rushed into the darkness of their tents. Your braver than they probably, but we both know your not enjoying this.

Your chair stops suddenly, straps swinging off, and allowing you to be sent flying into the darkness. And then your asleep again. And your probably have nightmares of that freaking breathing on your neck... or maybe that part isn't a dream.

OOC

October isn't over yet, and I got my internet back on just in time! This is a Halloween, funny-spooky RPG. Or, well, a collection of mini-RPGs. Basically, here is how I plan on it working-

As the opening suggests, your character has somehow been captured by an insane gameshow host that likes to breath on your neck. Your character will be going through ten rounds of generic horror stuff. IE, Swamp Monsters, Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, Ghosts, all that goodness.

Most of the rounds will be simple stuff, like you alone facing a monster (which will usually be played by me, unless I have volunteers...). However, some of the rounds you may have special goals or rules, such as "retrieving the gold from the ghost pirate's chest!", or your rounds will be mixed in with someone else's, "Can Bob and Jimmy defeat the pig demon?" for example.

These rounds will likely give the characters a longing for a dead gameshow host, especially after he's heckled them the entire time. So, among those who wanna kill him, there will be a final RPG where the characters, after finding the fairground's location, converge on it to take him down. This RPG will be a larger scale than the mini-ones, but not too big to make it where you'll only wanna skim the posts.

I'll be taking a medium of 10 people in for this, and I'm not really picky. Well, not in the traditional sense, but whatever. The rules and stuff are below-

• Everything that's in the normal vine rule apply here.
  • If you have to bail out on it, tell me so I can offer someone else in.
  • Your character's abilities will be downgraded as needed, so if your superman, you can still participate if you really want to. But, try to find a fitting character anyway, please?
  • Just because you participated in the mini-rpgs doesn't mean you have to participate in the big final one. Just find an excuse for your character not wanting to go out and take this gameshow host down. He's too busy, he doesn't care, ect., if you don't want to or don't have time for the big one.
  • I'll be making the details of specific rounds up as we go along. Not really that hard for a classic-horror lover like me.
  • If more than ten people are interested (which I find unlikely), I'll let them in.
  • The mini-RPGs are MINI-rpgs. Posts can be as short as three sentences each.
  • "Good luck"s are not allowed.
  • This isn't meant to be too serious. It's a Halloween RPG. Have fun.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wanna join how do i apply.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, I was hoping for a cool Halloween RP, this years halloweens kinda been a dud for me so far :(

Avatar image for maximus_newcastle
Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noyce

Harvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Harvest
AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AmazingAngel

@harvest: Uh no that was just me XD, seen cabin in the woods but can't remember that many lines, love the movie though. :)

Also I'm in.

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Laughingstock

I wanna join so bad! Clown + Fairground =perfect chemistry

Harvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingangel: Lines aren't important with such a funny concept.

@laughingstock: You won't stay in the fairground for that long. Unless you wanna fight killer clowns from space or something.

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harvest: Jester vs Clowns? Now I really want to get in! *breaks Bane's back in a fit of excitement*

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harvest: Maybe, depends how long the minis'l be, it's already kinda late over h'ya.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Harvest

@amazingangel: Three lines long posts, about the same as New York.

@ownagepants: You have like six characters. Which one will you be using?

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harvest: *polishes nails* Oh didn't see you there, word.

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm up for this.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is lovely...

d^_^b

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Web_Flotsam

Can I join? Entering Hellwings in this seems like incredible, terrible fun considering he's a horrible monster himself.

Edit: for extra fun, pairing him with somebody else might be even more interesting.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_
Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers