Can Someone Explain What This Whole RPG Forum Is About?

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorbo

I am new to this RPG forum. How do you guys use it? I know you do Role Playing Games, but I am not sure how. Do you guys just post replies and play that way? I have never played a role playing game, although I have seen guys play popular card games where they battle it out Pokemon style. Is that what this forum is (no pun intended for those of you that hate pokemon, I just know guys play that)?

Is this difficult? I would imagine so cause anyone can post anything at anytime, effectively screwing up any battle thread you guys do if you playing a game.

Glorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Glorious

Read the threads at the top. They'll help you understand.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@lorbo: Here on CV the majority of the RP is based around a comicbook format. What I mean by that is first, you create a character (and cause its a comicbook website the norm is to use character like say, Batman, as an archetype). Thats not to say you just create Batman, but a character that may resemble him in appearance, action, etc.

There are established rules that keep things organized for the most part. There are event rpgs (think of those as a story arc in a comicbook) and there are location threads. Location threads are used for basic interaction and rapid passed exchanges and stories.

But like I said, the first step is creating a character. At least the look and general idea of what their abilities and personality are. Its like Fan-Fiction only you write with other authors to create a unique story.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

@lorbo: It's actually not difficult at all :)

All the information you need to know about RPing on the site is located here

We have a basic set of rules that everyone follows, those who don't get to have a run in with our lovely Mods who RP themselves :) So we don't have to worry too much about trolls. I've been doing it for about five years now, and I still have fun with it :D

But we don't use cards like Pokemon, Magic and such :P we make our characters, write out their story, powers, weakness and such in our bio's and set out to rp. You can make/join teams (like make your own version of Avengers, Justice League, League of Assassins etc..) make RP's, battle someone or a group of people if your feeling brave and we even run Battle Tournaments :D we have location threads that allow people to go around and interact with people without having to create a massive RP thread if they just want to do a quick interaction RP with their characters as well.

I hope I didnt confusing you too much >_> LOL

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

@Quintus_Knightfall: @lorbo: listen to Q, he explains things better :P LOL

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@Feral Nova: lol you explained it just fine :) even added links. Show-off :P

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 614azrael
I think Quin and Nova covered it rather well, however if still need help feal free to pm me I'll be happy to assist. And im not the only one whos willing to help, 9/10 if you ask someone here they'll help. Explaining how one rps could be hard, but its easy to actualy do ;)
Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@614azrael: tackles

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

@Quintus_Knightfall: I didn't want you to overwork yourself xP

@614azrael said:

I think Quin and Nova covered it rather well, however if still need help feal free to pm me I'll be happy to assist. And im not the only one whos willing to help, 9/10 if you ask someone here they'll help. Explaining how one rps could be hard, but its easy to actualy do ;)

This is totally true, almost anyone would be willing to help you out, you just have to ask :D

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 614azrael
TACKLE!...lol ive got dozens of ideas of late, and the attention span of a squirl xP have I missed anything big?
  @Quintus_Knightfall
Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ishin

@lorbo: Send me a PM in case you have a long list of questions. I'll help you out any way I can :)

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@614azrael: Not really, I see you posted in the newest event rp with Coven so I think you're pretty well caught up on the big things :)

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 614azrael
Not sure what all Warsy has planed with that and his team but im excited lol. That and rping as Coven/Hexcraft/Az is juat awesome :D still had to ask though, you and Mercy are almost always in the know ^_~
  @Quintus_Knightfall
Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@614azrael: There are some small rumblings but as far as major events the Sha rp is all I can think of.

Avatar image for the_timely_assassin
The_Timely_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Quintus_Knightfall said:

@614azrael: There are some small rumblings but as far as major events the Sha rp is all I can think of.

I'm game to start an Alien invasion thing if the CoE is cool with it.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@The_Timely_Assassin: Make a discussion thread and kind of propose the outline first.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Decoy Elite

@The_Timely_Assassin: Make a discussion thread and kind of propose the outline first.

Or she could bump the RPG ideas thread and purpose it there before making a thread.

Avatar image for the_timely_assassin
The_Timely_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Decoy Elite said:

Or he could bump the RPG ideas thread and purpose it there before making a thread.

She.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Decoy Elite

@The_Timely_Assassin: F***, sorry. This is why I try and keep from mentioning genders. >.>

Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Kiddevil

@Decoy Elite:

Just say "that person" you can never be wrong. :P

And lorbo, they like to recruit new people to rpging so welcome!@lorbo: