#1 Posted by Surkit (11663 posts) - - Show Bio

Whole of CV has been looping the drain for a while right now. Whole of it. It's nobody's fault, it's just we've been chasing the same concept for a while, that concept is mutants. It's paid off some times and not on others. But we need to diversify our fckin storylines before we go creatively bankrupt.

So I propose starting next Monday we all, each member of the community no matter how you view your role here, drop at least seven new concepts, one concept for each day of the week.

Some will inevitably get sidelined, obviously.

The loss, six out of seven ideas get sent to the back logs. The win? One makes it into the HoF of concepts (not literally) by being utilized for a long time after.

We're talking jerry rigged teams that might as well have bases made out of gum and toothpicks they get throw together so fast, bases, enemies, story arcs. All that good sh!t thrown out by every RPGer for just seven days. We do it all the time anyways why not focus it into one creative week long event. You gotta produce is the only rule, doesn't matter what long as you take the shot.

Whatchu guys think.

#2 Edited by Strongarm (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@surkit: agreed

1. Animalverse
  2. Alternate universe invasion [America invade America]
  3. Giant monster [supermonster, to be relevant in superhuman scenario. Acted out as a disaster film]
  4. Reason why armageddon didn't happen [1999, 2012, end of the world did happen but a secret team of heroes/villains stopped it]
  5. Giant robot fights
  6. Time travel shenanigans [re-educate baby hitler]
  7. Global scale disasters, tectonic shifts
#3 Edited by Gripper (836 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. All animal life becomes intelligent, A Planet of Apes type Scenario
  2. People are be shrunk down to less than inches tall, A Brainiac type Scenario

I'll post others later

#4 Posted by Strongarm (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@gripper:

great idea, will work it as a good thing

#5 Posted by Lady_Grimm (1680 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the issue isn't necessarily lack of creativity, but lack of users. Someone will come up with a great idea and attempt to put it into motion, then they disappear from the Vine as soon as its been announced so the idea never

comes to fruition (<----favorite new word)

Creativity could use a good bump though as well

#6 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19666 posts) - - Show Bio

@surkit: agreed

1. Animalverse
  2. Alternate universe invasion [America invade America]
  3. Giant monster [supermonster, to be relevant in superhuman scenario. Acted out as a disaster film]
  4. Reason why armageddon didn't happen [1999, 2012, end of the world did happen but a secret team of heroes/villains stopped it]
  5. Giant robot fights
  6. Time travel shenanigans [re-educate baby hitler]
  7. Global scale disasters, tectonic shifts

Those are good ideas and here are mine.

1. Monster Island.
  2. Dimensional hoping to explore different universe.
  3. War between different corporations.
#7 Posted by Strongarm (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster:

Corporate warfare? need to build up first, get established and whatnot

Dimension hopping seems fun

#8 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19666 posts) - - Show Bio

@strongarm: I know I'm just letting the thought be there : )

Maybe we can tie the Dimension hopping to stopping armageddon in your other posts.

#9 Posted by Strongarm (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster: hell yeah

Bringing the world into a stone age seems interesting as well

#10 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19666 posts) - - Show Bio

@strongarm: That would be interesting to see play out for sure and how about a island that has monster which people hunt on.

#11 Edited by Strongarm (5881 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19666 posts) - - Show Bio

@strongarm: Yeah it does and we can tie it to some other stuff as well like fighting other monsters or giant robots.

#13 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

As a Kaiju fanatic a Monster Island themed event sounds great(I would be interested in being one if the Godzilla verses aliens)

#14 Edited by Strongarm (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1: The kaiju should however pose a threat to the supers as a normal kaiju would do to a human, no point in having one when one super can just casually throw them away

#15 Posted by _Stretch_ (1238 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. A rock band of new mutants (Already in progress sorta)
  2. Night of the dead: Not zombies however. Writer's previously fallen characters arise for say an IC evening to cause havoc, visit loves ones or just roam.
  3. A galactic threat, whether it be an alien army or some sort of force. We seriously have not had alot of these.
  4. France gets thrown into space
  5. A supernatural force reverses heroes and villains when it comes to their alignments on a grand scale, villains (now heroes) strive to fix the wrong while heroes (now villains) attempt to stop them.
  6. A new medium for viners IC. Though Loners will always be golden, it seems it's bar atmosphere is just not what we need right now. Not even a club but some sort of public area where street levelers can happen across deity tiers.
  7. Some sort of cosmic hiccup where characters not only get amnesia, but that writer's select prime U character's memories inhabit the nU character's mind, creating mass hysteria for a certain amount of time. (I.E Gambler from nU loses his memories but then has prime U Gambler's memories instead. Goes to to create a new League of Shadow's etc.)
  8. A biological agent unleashes a gas that actually gives normal people mutant powers. Would be a chaotic event and could produce a ton of fresh characters.
  9. A team of brilliant minds who *gasp* actually do science related things instead of being called scientists and then go out and fight people. Go stop a volcano from erupting or break bread with an alien race.
  10. A legitimate and realistic law firm that finally gets around to dealing with the f*ck tons of meta-related cases around the world. RP's that are literally all in the court room and even some flash backs to substance of the cases during the RP(Personal recommendation for powerhouse intelligent lawyer duo writers: Mercy and Zaubs)
  11. A team of neutrals who are ACTUALLY NEUTRAL. Not mercenary team # X. A group of people who are solely working together for their own means, not necessarily money.
  12. A new Trinity. DV, Champ and ? (it's time).
  13. A main hospital for this universe. A dedicated cast of writers that inhabit doctors, nurses and what have you to finally have some explanation as to how people get patched up so quickly. It could have drama and all sorts of madness.
#16 Posted by Strongarm (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@_stretch_:

1. A team of brilliant minds who *gasp* actually do science related things instead of being called scientists and then go out and fight people. Go stop a volcano from erupting or break bread with an alien race.

working on this from a corporate angle

#17 Posted by Surkit (11663 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the issue isn't necessarily lack of creativity, but lack of users. Someone will come up with a great idea and attempt to put it into motion, then they disappear from the Vine as soon as its been announced so the idea never

comes to fruition (<----favorite new word)

Creativity could use a good bump though as well

Not sure when that happened to be honest. But I think the only way to draw in new users is to open interest grabbing events, thats how I and I bet more than a couple people got into the forum in the first place. It just comes down to marketing ourselves right.

#18 Posted by Surkit (11663 posts) - - Show Bio

2. Night of the dead: Not zombies however. Writer's previously fallen characters arise for say an IC evening to cause havoc, visit loves ones or just roam.
  3. A galactic threat, whether it be an alien army or some sort of force. We seriously have not had alot of these.
  5. A supernatural force reverses heroes and villains when it comes to their alignments on a grand scale, villains (now heroes) strive to fix the wrong while heroes (now villains) attempt to stop them.
  6. A new medium for viners IC. Though Loners will always be golden, it seems it's bar atmosphere is just not what we need right now. Not even a club but some sort of public area where street levelers can happen across deity tiers.
  7. Some sort of cosmic hiccup where characters not only get amnesia, but that writer's select prime U character's memories inhabit the nU character's mind, creating mass hysteria for a certain amount of time. (I.E Gambler from nU loses his memories but then has prime U Gambler's memories instead. Goes to to create a new League of Shadow's etc.)
  8. A biological agent unleashes a gas that actually gives normal people mutant powers. Would be a chaotic event and could produce a ton of fresh characters.
  9. A team of brilliant minds who *gasp* actually do science related things instead of being called scientists and then go out and fight people. Go stop a volcano from erupting or break bread with an alien race.
  10. A legitimate and realistic law firm that finally gets around to dealing with the f*ck tons of meta-related cases around the world. RP's that are literally all in the court room and even some flash backs to substance of the cases during the RP(Personal recommendation for powerhouse intelligent lawyer duo writers: Mercy and Zaubs)
  11. A team of neutrals who are ACTUALLY NEUTRAL. Not mercenary team # X. A group of people who are solely working together for their own means, not necessarily money.
  13. A main hospital for this universe. A dedicated cast of writers that inhabit doctors, nurses and what have you to finally have some explanation as to how people get patched up so quickly. It could have drama and all sorts of madness.

2 Is an interesting one. We could one night every year for that and make an event out of it. Maybe around Halloween.

6 Actually gave me an idea with that one.

That whole list is gold though.

#19 Posted by Thee_Champion (6020 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a pretty good idea, I'll try and lay something down in here.

#20 Posted by Gripper (836 posts) - - Show Bio

@gripper:

great idea, will work it as a good thing

Great, I was thinking that not only do the animals get intelligent, they also get upgrades. Lion's claws can now rip through steel, Cheetahs are now faster than bullets, and Bears can lift over 50 tons. But the best part is any Vine character who's power are Animal related, is now turning Primal and serve the Animals.

#21 Posted by Strongarm (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@gripper: I have plenty of characters who ARE intelligent animals

#22 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (10309 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been doing my fair share of concepts in pms. But will have a go.

#23 Edited by _Sparrow_ (653 posts) - - Show Bio

1. A historic war Rpg; Revolutionary, Civil, World 1 or 2, or even Vietnam.

2. Space stuff that ISN'T Star Wars.

3. An adventure/dungeon-crawler location purely for the sake of the G (game) in RPG.

4. Middle East- SOMETHING interesting has to be happening considering what's happening in the rest of the world.

5. Someone (maybe Doom?) creates parallel "Anti Earth" where some aspect of it's inhabitants is turned upside-down and inside-out. Mutants are the dominant species, Heroes are villains and Villains are heroes, everyone is a cow, something like that.

6. Mutants vs Demons (vampires are sooooo last year, :-P).

7. The Great Old Ones getting some love. Cthulu has been so loney and bored recently :-(

8. Some city or town where magic, elves, trolls, and dragons are all common place- while still maintaining a modern vibe.

9. The Templars/Masons secret society's mythos being explored; or maybe even the Illuminati.

10. A Sandman/Dreamworld related mythos, location, and the rest of the works.

11. An open, canon, and permanent gladitorial arena where characters can fight eachother for the sake of fun and sport. Something like the X-Men's Danger Room, only as a public location for anyone and everyone.

12. An Weapon-X style organization, only not restricted to just Mutant experimentation; good old fashioned to Evil.

13. Speaking of evil, there should be a thread where people can post their NPCs villains and/or villainous groups for public use. Could help with setting up not-so-big RPs.

#24 Posted by Gripper (836 posts) - - Show Bio

@strongarm said:

@gripper: I have plenty of characters who ARE intelligent animals

Well then, sounds like a plan.

#25 Posted by Lioness_ (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Lazarus Day every 100 years on a random day an assortment of people die inexplicably, spend a day in Heaven or Hell that contrasts their actions. They awake with a scar and believing everyone else in the room was apart of their death. (Heroes go to hell, villains heaven etc. their return maybe toying with their original perceptions)

#26 Edited by _Avatar_ (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

1. A historic war Rpg; Revolutionary, Civil, World 1 or 2, or even Vietnam.

2. Space stuff that ISN'T Star Wars.

3. An adventure/dungeon-crawler location purely for the sake of the G (game) in RPG.

4. Middle East- SOMETHING interesting has to be happening considering what's happening in the rest of the world.

5. Someone (maybe Doom?) creates parallel "Anti Earth" where some aspect of it's inhabitants is turned upside-down and inside-out. Mutants are the dominant species, Heroes are villains and Villains are heroes, everyone is a cow, something like that.

6. Mutants vs Demons (vampires are sooooo last year, :-P).

7. The Great Old Ones getting some love. Cthulu has been so loney and bored recently :-(

8. Some city or town where magic, elves, trolls, and dragons are all common place- while still maintaining a modern vibe.

9. The Templars/Masons secret society's mythos being explored; or maybe even the Illuminati.

10. A Sandman/Dreamworld related mythos, location, and the rest of the works.

11. An open, canon, and permanent gladitorial arena where characters can fight eachother for the sake of fun and sport. Something like the X-Men's Danger Room, only as a public location for anyone and everyone.

12. An Weapon-X style organization, only not restricted to just Mutant experimentation; good old fashioned to Evil.

13. Speaking of evil, there should be a thread where people can post their NPCs villains and/or villainous groups for public use. Could help with setting up not-so-big RPs.

Any thoughts, anyone? :S

#27 Posted by Emperor_von_Doom (3203 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomworld?

#28 Posted by Lady_Grimm (1680 posts) - - Show Bio

The gods go rogue (Thee Champion, Sparrow, Sha, and Olaf etc.)

#29 Posted by _Avatar_ (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@_sparrow_ said:

Doomworld?

Sure, let's go with that :P

#30 Edited by 614azrael (10389 posts) - - Show Bio

@_avatar_: I dig the fantasy city. We should work on that, Aetheria didn't really kick off but we could prob use a lot of concepts there plus new ones as well to build something epic(pm mayhaps?)

#31 Posted by Emperor_von_Doom (3203 posts) - - Show Bio

@_avatar_:

Unlocking an alternate reality...

Hm.

Or adding another planet to the solar system from said alternate reality?

#32 Posted by _Avatar_ (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@614azrael: Not a fantasy city; a fairy tale town/city.

#33 Edited by 614azrael (10389 posts) - - Show Bio

@_avatar_: could work

Can I have a ware wolf red riding hood? Lol

#34 Posted by _Sparrow_ (653 posts) - - Show Bio

@614azrael: I'd like to avoid specific fairy tales, but for you I'd allow it. :P

#35 Edited by 614azrael (10389 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by UNDERDOGZ (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

1. A Big Brother RP--- with superheroes--- And big brother is actually a villain! (i have the idea for this for a veeerrryyy long time and i have plans for the big brother dude's role in this!)

2. A purgatory RP--- this might be a non cannon rp- where all SUPERHEROES MUTANT NON MUTANT will be chilling in the purgatory! what happens? we reflect! and talk about "past lives" or past RP's OOC? this'll be actually awesome!

THESE ARE MY IDEAS FOR NOW

#37 Edited by Troy_Walker (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Most are good ideas

#38 Posted by Web_Flotsam (1131 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. A rouge planet is flying towards earth. The aliens on that planet seek to destroy earth so their planet isn't desrtoyed by colliding
  2. Western universe.
  3. Flooded universe with small islands dominated by tiny city-states and pirates.
  4. The earth blows up. All surviving Earth-based characters have to relocate as they try desperately to save any remaining humanity. This will never happen.
  5. A demonic being brings every single person who ever died on earth back to life. They remain elements of their personality, but they work for him.
  6. It turns out an alien race of tiny wormlike beings that take over minds have taken over a large portion of the population. Paranoia ensues.
  7. An ancient sapient species that once ruled the earth wakes up and emerges. They see humans as pests who have taken what is theirs by right and laugh off all our puny weapons. I imagine them as being pretty huge, basically titans.