• 80 results
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By shanana

This is a thread in which I'm going to voice my opinions on certain topics. Not to be confused as to what Puzzler does, this will be my 100% thought on anything rpg related.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Kurrent

Do your worst! lol

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shanana

Do my worst on what? Lol I need a topic

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kurrent

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

Do my worst on what? Lol I need a topic

Ohh I thought you were going to talk about people so I was saying do your worst on me...LOL

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shanana

Oh no, it has to be a topic of some sort. I do t want anyone to think I hate then ahahaha

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By EdwardWindsor

How about the inclusion of mystical artefacts etc in people's gear and the connections of mythology to people's characters ?

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shanana
@lazystudent Not sure what you mean about mystical artifacts.

Mythology makes me mad when it's not done right. If your related to a god, and someone else is the it's accepted that they are related.

What makes me mad is when the "gods" act as I they are stronger just because their gods. Angeni's story was pretty good. O.C story was pretty good, I haven't read to many characters, so I know it isn't a big problem but. Understand this just because your character is a "god" unless they are cthulhu(spelling) they aren't that much mOre different then aliens and I believe they should be treated as such but that's just me
VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By VictorGrey

@Ziccarra_Liafador: 0_0

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

whats your stance on under and over powered characters?

by under powered I mean folks somehow holding their own against over powered or regular leveled characters

by over I mean people who seem invulnerable to a K.O.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ThePuzzler

@Ziccarra_Liafador: Thanks for the mention Z! ^_^

Geeks out a bit

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By XRiskyX
@Ziccarra_Liafador said:
@lazystudent Not sure what you mean about mystical artifacts. Mythology makes me mad when it's not done right. If your related to a god, and someone else is the it's accepted that they are related. What makes me mad is when the "gods" act as I they are stronger just because their gods. Angeni's story was pretty good. O.C story was pretty good, I haven't read to many characters, so I know it isn't a big problem but. Understand this just because your character is a "god" unless they are cthulhu(spelling) they aren't that much mOre different then aliens and I believe they should be treated as such but that's just me
applauds
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shanana
@nonfiction91 If your writing an under- powered character you need to have some sort of realism to the character. Don't fight a god expecting to beat him with a bunch of gadgets it's pointless.

NH is one of my favorite writers I've only really seen him hold his own against Feral Nova Using nothing but his intellect. If your going to write a under power character don't change it's integrity to fight overpowered people.

If your character is overpowered to the point where, no one wants anything to do with you in an rpg the. It's time for a change. I think that's really what decides what an over powered character is, a character no one wants to interact with

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ziccarra_Liafador: Good advice, that made me think of this next one

As a well known veteran RPer, a great story teller, and a painfully honest individual- What is the single greatest piece of advice you think you could give to the newbies?

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shanana
@nonfiction91 have fun, make good stories, an be content with what you do
ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ThePuzzler

@Ziccarra_Liafador: Opinion of a brainy character? The running but crafty type?

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shanana
@The_Puzzler intelligence in the vine is rare. I mean it being done right is rare, I like it. I haven't read into your character to analyze hin
ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThePuzzler

@Ziccarra_Liafador: Well if you want the long story short, he cant fight for his life and often runs and evades, while his enemies are busy listening to his rambling, he uses his intelligence to defeat them, there, saved you some analyzing lol.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By _Sojourn_

@Ziccarra_Liafador: What about character recons

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Thee_Champion

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

@lazystudent Not sure what you mean about mystical artifacts. Mythology makes me mad when it's not done right. If your related to a god, and someone else is the it's accepted that they are related. What makes me mad is when the "gods" act as I they are stronger just because their gods. Angeni's story was pretty good. O.C story was pretty good, I haven't read to many characters, so I know it isn't a big problem but. Understand this just because your character is a "god" unless they are cthulhu(spelling) they aren't that much mOre different then aliens and I believe they should be treated as such but that's just me

Thanks. I try to incorporate that into Alceus' personality. He doesn't consider himself or anyone else a "god" stating that he doesn't believe they are any different from other super-powered individuals.

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By VictorGrey

@Olympian_Champion: LOL, you've stated that philosophy in every thread.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Thee_Champion

@VictorGrey: Not really.

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By VictorGrey

@VictorGrey said:

@Olympian_Champion: LOL, you've stated that philosophy in every thread.

it's an exaggeration...

Avatar image for lord_high_commander
Lord_High_Commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ziccarra_Liafador: By mystical artifcats i mean stuff such as excaliber, the holy grail general items realetd to mythology whats your view on people weildin gthem and their place in the vine verse?.

Daywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Daywing
@Ziccarra_Liafador: What's your opinion on a character that knows everything about anything? For example how Nick Fury knows many heroes identities.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Mercy_

You're my favorite person right now

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By CainPanell

What's your opinion on The Current lack of villains and villain teams? I Mean really the only ones that are there are Tenn In.

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Clara Mass

What do you think of Tenebrasque In's current situation of power?

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mr. Mercury

What do you think of of people conquering countries?

Avatar image for deactivated-6030568ceeb29
deactivated-6030568ceeb29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Slight said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador: What about character recons

You know me, I'm a huge fan of recons, some can be down flawlessly (Mr. Mercury, Closure and Nova) to name a few others (Myself, Clara Mass and even You) tend to leave people thinking what?

I think what really kills a potentially great Recon is the absence of explanation; I'm the queen of that. Z "died" saving Ninjeta but there was no legit explanation on me bringing her back, my fault your mistake for not calling me out on it. (Even though DH did). Good Retcons, have a reason for the retcon as well as an explanation for the character being replaced.

Urbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Urbs

@Maya Lopez: Did i ever tell you that i like the fact that you're both Ziccarra and Maya, sorry if i sound like i'm sucking up, but it feels as if they could be two different users.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Urbs said:

@Maya Lopez: Did i ever tell you that i like the fact that you're both Ziccarra and Maya, sorry if i sound like i'm sucking up, but it feels as if they could be two different users.

...Thats what I thought for about three days after joining trinity xP

@Urbs: posted in 1602 btw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Urbs: O_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lord_High_Commander said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador: By mystical artifcats i mean stuff such as excaliber, the holy grail general items realetd to mythology whats your view on people weildin gthem and their place in the vine verse?.

I never really came into contact with them; but I'd like to see such objects used in ways not associated already with such item.

@Daywing said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador: What's your opinion on a character that knows everything about anything? For example how Nick Fury knows many heroes identities.

I hate this, In the Ruin Kingdom; NUMEROUS (I cannot even name Viners because it was literally flooded with this) people knew everything about everything. From the conversation between Z and Gambler; to Imari talking to Scarlett through her commlink. I was going to snap, but I kept my cool. People look at our bio's and see certain powers for a character and they go "BLANK took note to Maya's metamorphosis" Maya has never used metamorphosis so how the hell does your character know she has it?

I think partly because so many people have such "good hacking" skills that that's the reason why most team bases are made impenetrable because people HAVE to know everything about anything. It's annoying.

@shadowknight666 said:

What's your opinion on The Current lack of villains and villain teams? I Mean really the only ones that are there are Tenn In.

Why do we need villains? they haven't been a factor for the last let's say six months so why are they a factor now? Look at what's going on, The Trinity has invoked a law for it's own people that has to whole Vine ready to go to war. That tension right there is better than a simple Hero vs Villian conflict. What will be interesting to see is who will take advantage of the crisis. It may not even happen the so called villains could stay in their shell, if that's the case look out for Trinity Limit #3

@Clara Mass said:

What do you think of Tenebrasque In's current situation of power?

Let me start off by saying, I love LD, I love Kain, I love Azra, and I'm pretty cool with Naah; but the only reason I'm building them up is because I'm going to break it down.

I NEVER liked the idea behind T.I; to me it seemed like the HFC and the VV mixed. Yeah i know I was in the T.I as Y but I saw very little action; the only reason I joined was because both Ren and DC asked me to. T.I started off real strong beating OJ, C.O.Ps and they're fued with the HFC but since then they've fallen off the cannon map. I'm not really sure which one it was, but I think it was Russia; that got taken over and no one knew.

I respect the isolation because trust me; who really wants to deal with the B.S; but Cannon they're at a standstill. IDK, Kain has something in the works (or atleast he did a few months ago). As of right now, though I'm not threaten.

@Mr. Mercury said:

What do you think of of people conquering countries?

It's..ok, I think there has to be some sort of explanation of why it's being conquered; or at least some back story as to what's to gain from it; conquering lands just to do it is pointless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Maya Lopez said:

It may not even happen the so called villains could stay in their shell, if that's the case look out for Trinity Limit #3

Daywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Daywing
@Maya Lopez: Thank you, I completely agree with your answer and really enjoy it.
FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FALLENprophet

@Maya Lopez said:

@Daywing said:

I hate this, In the Ruin Kingdom; NUMEROUS (I cannot even name Viners because it was literally flooded with this) people knew everything about everything. From the conversation between Z and Gambler; to Imari talking to Scarlett through her commlink. I was going to snap, but I kept my cool. People look at our bio's and see certain powers for a character and they go "BLANK took note to Maya's metamorphosis" Maya has never used metamorphosis so how the hell does your character know she has it?

I think partly because so many people have such "good hacking" skills that that's the reason why most team bases are made impenetrable because people HAVE to know everything about anything. It's annoying.

I made sure Alex didn't know about that he couldn't there was no way, he knew of G's presence and then he saw nova and z's battle but that was about it. I think.

Chibcha1810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Chibcha1810
@FALLENprophet said:

@Maya Lopez said:

@Daywing said:

I made sure Alex didn't know about that he couldn't there was no way, he knew of G's presence and then he saw nova and z's battle but that was about it. I think.

Ya. I only slightly used something to figure out his temporary location, but I wanted to remain not knowing, except for that Mr. Dealer wanted money.

@Maya Lopez
Also, do you know if anybody's using Cuba? I'd like to exert some influence over their actions with regards to the registration in the rebootation of this character. I can give reason to why I want, if you'd like, or if  anybody else'd like.
Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Izaiah

What are your thoughts on people creating characters based in things other people made up (say, someone other than Nova creating a character connected to NOVA Industries, or people creating Ninjan characters, etc)?

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mattersuit

@Maya Lopez said:

@Lord_High_Commander said:

I never really came into contact with them; but I'd like to see such objects used in ways not associated already with such item.

Like I did with Spear of Destiny, Staff of Moses and Holy Grail?

Abattoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Abattoir

@Ziccarra_Liafador: whats your opinion on CV trends taking over

Urbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Urbs

@nonfiction91: Oh i saw it all right, i was definetely digging it as well. We'll be making a good combination in the RP. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Urbs: most Definitely :)

Angeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Angeni

@Ziccarra_Liafador: Aw, thanks! ;3

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By duchess

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

Mwah

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The Hunter
@Maya Lopez:  What's your opinion on fights within RPG's and the fighting skills rank system (i.e. the CV card stats)?
Article

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Article

@Chibcha1810: No one is using Cuba.

@Izaiah: I personally don't have a problem with it; as a matter of fact this character is associated with NOVA industries, and there are hundreds of Ninjan accounts running around. However this has to be done with respects to it's original creator, which means as long as you follow the guidelines that have been set up (Or ask if you can augment) it's fine. That and not trying to take over the race completely.

@Abattoir: What do you mean?

Article

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Article

@The Hunter said:

@Maya Lopez: What's your opinion on fights within RPG's and the fighting skills rank system (i.e. the CV card stats)?

I like fights IN rpg's more than I like creating an extra thread for them, creating an extra thread for a fight is too strenuous. I think Rpg fights could be used to perpetuate something else; as for the fighting system, it's useless. (I love the cards, but the system is useless).

If it were up to me, all these Jiggaboo's who claim their character have 7 level omnipotence would have to prove it.

Abattoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Abattoir

@Article: wondering what were the biggest trends

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cards were never meant to be more than just flavor fluff anyways. Eye candy so to speak. I've never seen, nor heard of people using it as a my character is better than yours thing because mine's a 7 while yours is a 5.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Aiden Cross

@Andy Steven Summers: everyone's better than you. you're dead :p