#101 Edited by Pyrogram (32263 posts) - - Show Bio
#102 Posted by Sideslash (5906 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolf Pack feels.

#103 Posted by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio
#104 Posted by Zain_ (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: Well he is not going to kill his own team-mates! Bully...taunt...provoke...all teams needs a bastard :P

#105 Edited by Lady_Liberty (7694 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: Good to hear! I'm going to buy some snacks and drinks and celebrate when I watch that episode. By that point in the books I HATED him soooo much. To hell with his whole clan lol.

#106 Posted by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: I didnt hate him. In fact I thought he was kinda badass and his wife was hot :P

Giant Wolf, winner of battles, hot wife, king of the north = beast mode, literally

@niccolo_machiavelli: lol that they do.

#107 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7694 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: That's like.. every will fulfilment protagonist ever rolled together. Something to mark him as 'special' such as a direwolf, then sudden dominance in battle for no discernible reason, romantic love that rejects realism, and a position of leadership in his community.

He was a romantic character intruding in a realist story; his fate was the narrative rejection of the romantic monomyth.

#108 Posted by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: Yeah but couldnt the same be said about every character in GoT? They're all marked with something that makes em, "special." A kingslayer with great swordsmenship, a hot blonde with dragons, a little girl assassin, a face changing assassin, a dude with one eye who cant die, a cripple who can mind jump into other animals, a firegoddess who births shadow demons, and so forth. I cant hold it against one character when it applys to all of the cool or well known characters.

#109 Edited by Pyrogram (32263 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: I just had a thought....once this evil team comes to play I am gona fight all of you - at once with Da_Zhanshi - LOL

#110 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7694 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: Each character contains elements of exaggeration to make them interesting characters.

Lets remember that the kingslayer sleeps with his sister and loses his hand and sword skills. The blonde with dragons is female, the monomythic romantic hero is almost universally male. The same with little girl assassin. A cripple who can mind jump is clearly not wish fulfilment ;-) and so forth.

The Starks each represent a type of fantasy genre protagonist. Almost all of them experience a story that reverses they genre expectations of their protagonist type.

#111 Posted by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: There are easier ways for you to kill yourself you know

imagebut who am I to refuse a crazy man his dying wish

#112 Posted by Pyrogram (32263 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: You know I love fighting more than one person at a time :p Shini/Morte/Quin for example....when the odds are not in my favor I RP better >:P

#113 Posted by Tranquil (2990 posts) - - Show Bio
#114 Posted by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: How does being a female act as a shield against wish fulfillment? Especially in a fantasy element? Its "exaggeration of elements" to make interesting characters when speaking about the others yet somehow used as a negatvive for the one character you admittedly dont like? Come on now lol Also the Kingslayer losing his hands comes afterwards yes? So in that same narrative I can say, "yeah Rob had a wolf and leadership but lost his life." whats the difference? There is none. You cant say Rob was giving things to be marked as special and then say yeah well the other characters it was to make em interesting. That doesnt count lol

#115 Edited by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@tranquil: For villains ;P you interested?

@pyrogram: This wont be a fight it'll be a slaughter :p

#116 Posted by Pyrogram (32263 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: Pshh! I'm gona take you ALL on! How many are we now anyways?...I will have to get Zhanshi to perform some PIS shit to get Shinigami away though xD Cannot fight myself!

#118 Edited by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: sh!t deleted my post. 6 with two maybes and not counting Shin

#119 Edited by Pyrogram (32263 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: Okay cool that's awesome. Zhanshi is gona have fun busting 6 people at once :P

#120 Posted by Spectrion (582 posts) - - Show Bio
#121 Posted by __Hesperus__ (110 posts) - - Show Bio
#122 Posted by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio
#123 Edited by Lady_Liberty (7694 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage:

How does being a female act as a shield against wish fulfillment? Especially in a fantasy element?

It does not, there's entire genres based around the concept. But that's not what I said, I said the monomythic romantic hero is almost universally male.

Its "exaggeration of elements" to make interesting characters when speaking about the others yet somehow used as a negatvive for the one character you admittedly dont like? Come on now lol

Exaggeration is a technique to make a character interesting. Every viewpoint character needs to be exaggerated to some degree in genre fiction. I don't object to exaggeration, nor do I object to the character.

I dislike the character because of the elements of his exaggeration, the typical elements of a ten thousand other coming of age protagonists, the illusion of a romantic world, and so forth.

His purpose in the story was to trick the reader into thinking this was a romantic story, a story where there is a special hero who will go through terrible hardships but prevail because that's his destiny. Then, in the most brutal way possible, smash that illusion. Not just smash it, but crush it under foot in a way that most readers will NEVER forget. Its a masterpiece of genre writing.

Also the Kingslayer losing his hands comes afterwards yes? So in that same narrative I can say, "yeah Rob had a wolf and leadership but lost his life." whats the difference? There is none.

The difference is VERY clear, the Kingslayer is shown in the very beginning as lacking virtue, committing incest and attempting to murder a young child in his first appearances. He is an antagonist, not a protagonist in the beginning. Secondly he retains his agency as a character while Rob loses his; there is a fundamental difference in losing one's hand and losing one's life. When you lose your hand you're still a character capable of making choices but when you lose your life you're out.

You cant say Rob was giving things to be marked as special and then say yeah well the other characters it was to make em interesting. That doesnt count lol

I can and I do and there's an entire body of literary analysis backing me up :-P The difference is not within the building blocks used, but what structure they build. Exaggeration is separate from a being marked as special, especially within romantic fiction.

Exaggeration are things which make a character interesting. The amulet, the mark of monomythic protagonists, in romantic fiction marks the main character as one for whom the rules do not apply and for whom the story will accommodate.

Luke and Han for example. Both contain exaggerated characteristics, Han in fact more so than Luke. But Luke gets the lightsaber, the mark that he is special and the world will bend over backwards to accommodate him.

#124 Posted by Pyrogram (32263 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: Zhanshi in canon has never gone faster than...well normal human speeds TBH. His morals mean he matches anybody he is fighting directly, regardless of amount of opponents.

#125 Posted by __Hesperus__ (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: Excellent. I look forward to working with you, I imagine it will be quite... enlightening.

#126 Edited by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty:

hahha not even going to read that cause I'm not letting you suck me into another debate with you ;P. We'll have to agree to disagree. Rob was awesome and I'll never change my mind on that lol

#127 Edited by Lady_Liberty (7694 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: I searched for victory gif yet none could adequately convey my celebratory feelings ;-)

#128 Edited by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@__hesperus__: For some reason I cant find this account to add it to the pm. There's only one hesperus and its not that account :S

#129 Posted by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio
#130 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7694 posts) - - Show Bio
#131 Edited by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio
#132 Edited by Lady_Liberty (7694 posts) - - Show Bio
#133 Posted by -Eclipse- (7360 posts) - - Show Bio
#134 Edited by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio

I got it because I'm awesome :D

#135 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7694 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Hahahaha, I'm glad somebody did!

#136 Posted by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Hahahaha, I'm glad somebody did!

:P she's talking about adding Hesperus to the pm. Not the reference of that horrible song lol

#137 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7694 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat is this BS?!?!?

Actually I don't really care for the Dollyrots either :-P

#138 Edited by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: I didnt actually listen I just took a wild guess.

#139 Edited by Lady_Liberty (7694 posts) - - Show Bio
#140 Posted by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: but but but you just said you didnt like em either :O (i listened. i was right, they suck lol)

#141 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7694 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: But but but your butt that's what. [ I'm not sure what we're talking about anymore. ]

#142 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage:

Getting the memo Albert sends a twelve pack shipment of blondes taken from war torn chechnya to the owner of the building, clothed and bathed. All of them are of legal age in non-western countries, hopefully that will satiate his urges of younger women.

#143 Posted by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: You're projecting again :P

#144 Posted by Tranquil (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL!

#145 Edited by _Xander_Slade_ (661 posts) - - Show Bio
#146 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_arashikage: but Saudi is famous for its trafficking and mistreatment of women , all he wants is to share the goods and get some

#147 Posted by _Xander_Slade_ (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@the_last_arashikage: but Saudi is famous for its trafficking and mistreatment of women , all he wants is to share the goods and get some

#148 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@__zeus__: slave trades mon, da sheiks and da sugar daddies

White slavery brah, keep poppin them snow bunnies

#149 Posted by Spectrion (582 posts) - - Show Bio

The barren wasteland that was the Arabian desert was not unlike his home. He could feel the sins of the past upon this place. Life once flowed through its orifices like a bustling city. The lasting remnants of spiritual essence still lie deep beneath the sand, which may be what possibly lured him out so far. After a week in the extravagant tower housing a yet to be named group of individuals, Yusuke was drawn out into the desert. Reverting to his true form for the moment he sat tranquilly, meditating among the souls of the dearly departed.

#150 Posted by Charlemagne (6970 posts) - - Show Bio

@__zeus__ said:

@the_last_arashikage: Your not waitin on me are you? Take your time if not.

Nah just cant seem to get into a writing rhythm at the moment.

The barren wasteland that was the Arabian desert was not unlike his home. He could feel the sins of the past upon this place. Life once flowed through its orifices like a bustling city. The lasting remnants of spiritual essence still lie deep beneath the sand, which may be what possibly lured him out so far. After a week in the extravagant tower housing a yet to be named group of individuals, Yusuke was drawn out into the desert. Reverting to his true form for the moment he sat tranquilly, meditating among the souls of the dearly departed.

Badass