Blood for a bill.

_Envy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By _Envy_

The radiant sun shines through the tall windows and beams a glowing circle on the cloth covered dinner table that seems to have mesmerized the man sitting down at its edge. An ordinary cloth to anyone glancing at it, but to someone with a taste for elegance would be able to tell the near microscopic engraving and stitching in a perfect eggshell colored pattern. One so refined would be a fool to also ignore the lavish ebony and carpathian elm on which the cloth is draped over. Building materials such as this are hard to come by as well as overly priced. The chatter of the other patrons are whispers in the upscale winery of San Francisco, but to Envy, they are audible conversations that are as clear as headphones. His ears twitch as he closes in on their conversations, listening to every bit of word and then focusing on their heartbeats. The blonde girl in the far end corner nearest to the double wide mahogany doors is named Emily and she just announced her pregnancy to her parents. They're not happy to say the least. Terry is sitting at the bar no more than 40 feet away whispering his complaints to the bar tender. Primarily his love affair with his secretary and his lack of love for his emotionless wife. How cliche.

No Caption Provided

All these people concern themselves with petty problems as the world burns around them. As asylums filled with psychotic inmates is being demolished by its own occupants. It's not their city that is being ruined….They don't care. As soldiers die on the soil of foreign countries, they sip on their wine as I do. They don't care though, it's not their children that are being shipped away. It's not their bank account that is being drained.

Despicable.

How the fire ravages my blood to extend my claws and tear at their arteries slowly and painfully. To bring a single claw to their scalps and keep them as trophies. They are weak and have not earned the right to live. Contrary to what your human rights classes may have told you, life is not simply given but earned. Charles Darwin only scratched the surface. It doesn't just stop at, "The strong survives." Oh no. It goes much further and deeper than that. The strong have earned the right to step on the weak and claim what is theirs at any cost. This strength can vary from a physical aspect or a strategic and brilliant aspect where cunning and wit stomps out the ignorant. They will learn soon enough. I will be a plague on this world and they will know suffering. The world will see who is the strong and deserves to be the superior. At any cost.

"Sir?"

"Hm?"

Envy is snapped out of his vision of a new world and turns to the waitress. Her pulse increases as he stares into her forest green eyes and causes her to stutter before continuing.

"I-…I have for you the rare and exquisite Quinta do Noval Nacional Vintage bottle of portugal with a nice and smooth fast blended from only the best."

Her accent is atrocious and I doubt that she has ever even been to portugal let alone know how to describe the bottle past its labeling. It's hard enough to restrain my instinct to slice through this table and attack her with surgical precision as the debris from the broken table flies into thousands of directions towards the Patrons….Towards Emily. Towards Terry. God how marvelous would that be? No more bad news for your parents young Emily? Maybe we can see a fight break out between your mistress and wife at your funeral, Terry? If either of them actually cared enough.

Envy manages to keep his cool composure and instead offers a reassuring smile and sly wink. He grabs the bottle by the neck from the gold painted iced bucket that houses the it and begins pouring himself a glass, but never taking his gaze away from the waitresses'. Like any wine savvy and sophisticated gentlemen he slowly stirs the glass in his hand before sniffing it. The aroma is strong to his animalistic senses and he can determine each and every single ingredient in his hand.

"Mmm. How incredible wouldn't you agree?"

She bows her head slightly and stiffly, but still manages to let her hazel bangs fall from her bun and down in front of her eyes.

"Yes, sir. The wine has a….intoxicating scent and even more captivating taste."

She says her line professionally and obviously rehearsed as if she was reading a script. Each word passing through her lips like dull shakespearean play. It's a generic script she most likely uses for every single bottle of wine regardless of its brand or bottling and it shows.

No Caption Provided

Envy snaps his eyes open and beams daggers at her, his flirtatious demeanor dropping to a cold and bitter glare.

"No. Its incredible that these over privileged fat cats indulge themselves in this over priced piss water that you call heaven's nectar. That these fools think that sipping on grape juice makes them superior in more ways than just finance."

Envy's words are quiet yet stern and cruel. Before she can respond, his phone vibrates in his pants pocket.

"Leave me and bring the bill as soon as i end this phone call."

The waitress is paralyzed in either fear or shock. Maybe both. Envy would normally be able to determine, but he can care less at this moment. The prefect timing of the phone call interrupted his barrage of insults and may have just saved her life as well.

"I said leave!"

Snapping her mind back to reality she scurries away from his table with tears welling at her eyes.

Pitiful.

"Be quick."

Envy whispers to the speaker of his phone whilst sipping on the wine he slandered so shamelessly not so long ago.

"Envy Diabolous? Tonight at 11pm under the Golden Gate Bridge awaits your package encased in a 7 x 13 titanium crate. Minimal guards in local police uniforms to avoid suspicion. 7 min window."

*click*

The phone call was brief but contained every single bit of information that Envy needed to begin his work towards a new world that lacked weak willed and weak minded humans and mutants alike. It was the beginning to an end. He places the phone back into the pocket he reached from and downs the entire bottle left at his table.

"Still taste like shit. Even for a $1,250 bottle."

"Hey! I'm talking to you!"

Envy lifts his head from the contents of his drink and tilts his head sideways with a puzzled look.

"Oh? I almost didn't notice you standing there. Seems however that your repulsive stench brought you my attention. What do you want?" His voice no longer emanates a tone of anger but of sarcasm.

No Caption Provided

"Did you just disrespect the wine I spent years aging? And to top it off you made Jessica cry! You're getting out and coming with me."

He's a large man in an all white suit and he's carrying an extremely powerful pistol with a foreign barrel and magazine attached to his waste. Cleverly concealed but it does little to mask the aroma for someone of Envy's senses. Envy can smell the pistol lubricating oil and the 5.56 Nato round gun powder. It's all just child's play to him.

"Well if Jessica just brought the bill like I told her then you might have lived to see tomorrow."

His dual bone claws extend from his forearms and slices clean through the man's forearm. The movement was so quick and precise it takes a few moments for blood to pour from the incision and even longer for the man to scream.

"If she would have have just brought me the bill! You might all have lived!"

But she didn't. Both arms are now fully armed with his bone claws as he begins to go to work in the wine room. No one is spared. Not the large man. Not Jessica. Not Emily. And especially not TerryTo be continued…..

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations. Du hast my ire.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

That was well written.

_Envy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Envy_
CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CutthroatBitch

@_envy_: Huh. That's nice. Is that from a legit comic or a fan art mashup?

_Envy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _Envy_

@cutthroatbitch: It's the cover for, "X-23 vs Daken: Collision"….it's actually a little difficult to find artwork for them both without wolverine lol.

No Caption Provided

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

@_envy_ said:

@cutthroatbitch: It's the cover for, "X-23 vs Daken: Collision"….it's actually a little difficult to find artwork for them both without wolverine lol.

No Caption Provided

that crossover arc was effing amazing!

_Envy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: Right?! I wish they did more stuff of them together. I'm glad that the new logan/wolverine death is incorporating them more for now.