Blood and Iron: P1 (Zeus Bio story)

• 55 results
_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hot days in the summer of 1853 blistered the skin of any white man who worked the railway, even the supervisors. Sand scolded and sizzled in the air around them in the desert of the west and made seventy degrees feel like one hundred. the average was ninety.

This led to the first fully African American slave manned construction of a rail system led by an elderly man named John Henry, a former slave that was well versed in hard work, though the position of authority was new to him and he had reasons to be discouraged by a role where he pressed blacks to work, his moral logic finally came to the conclusion it'd be better to be himself than anyone else.

They worked long into the night,with John holding a hammer side by side with the men,only stopping to review work and instruct on dynamite placement, short meals came in between often taking bites between hammer strikes of a thin ham sandwich.

"Suh! Got a big mound in the middle uh the track route!"

"Well...? Ain't you the one they hired to blow up dat stuff son? Getta work"

"Suh it'd be gone already if I didn't...Summum behind that mound suh. Summum sound like steel but feel like cotton. Ain't natural"

John Henry thought the boy had heat stroke. In the slave world superstition was a double edged sword of fear and hope. What was in that mound might instill both, and neither were needed right now. These men were the few that got payed actual wages, any sign of a laps in work and they'd all be fired and sent back to the fields, "Keep it to yaself, and show me."

A long walk down the tracks leads into the night, hammers clang against metal in the far far distance, the edge of the track blocked by a dust covered boulder with an odd round shape. John moves in and circle sit with hand on one hip as the other hovers a newly lit lantern, "I never...don't think even the smartest white man'd know what this is."

"What ya reckon we do about it?" The explosives expert asks, as John puts his hand to it, lantern swaying closer to the pile, he sees the dusted a protrusion of some kind that made him think automatically of a rail spike. John could read and write but his memory was 99% muscle, and he knew how to drive a spike "Hold dis and don't move"

John grabs a hammer off the side of the rail, walking back over and planting his feet, "Don't move boy I need that light" The Hammer is gripped above his head at the neck, sliding down to meet his other as the head slams the spike.

White light engulfs the end of the rail road, even the workers a mile out could see the phosphoric illumination in the edge of the dark horizon as it dies back down to pitch blackness.

John stands and looks at the mound, shocked and in awe as a black man in colorful clothes with a clean handsome face stands in front of him, "John Henry. Thank you. If you had not struck that crystal all may have been lost."

John out of fear swings the hammer at the man, as he only pixelizes and reforms, "I am not your enemy John Henry. I hope to be your ally."

Looking to the side John realized the explosives expert, was dead. Head oozing from the back onto a rock. "Were you trying to be his too...? That boy had children."

"His death was of no intention of mine, I promise you. I've seen enough of that in one lifetime... John Henry, are you a man of faith? Do you believe one day your people will be free, made equal in this world?" The hologram says stepping forward as John steps back, "What you...? I... I... do. "

The holographic man smiles with his eyes closed, "That is good to hear. The object you and your man found is not a rock, but a ship. One that travels no oceans, but the sky's skies. Inside, lies every hope and wish of a people now dead, because they realized too late, what I know now; Freedom is worth more than profits. Slaves, are also people."

"What..." So many questions, but he tried to stay in the present, "What's inside of it?"

"My son. The first slave bred boy born to a high born science magister. Inside him lies the key to your people freedom, inside him lies the key to the doorway of the future. I only ask on thing of you, John Henry. "

"Yeah?"

"Show him the path. Raise my son as your own and love him as you would your own. Know John, I will never lie to you, or to him. My son will be powerful. More powerful than any machine on this planet, faster than any locomotive, his sight will see things no others can, his ears will hear the pacific from the Atlantic. He will be like a god. "

"Is that what yall are...gods?"

The holograms face tightened at the jaw, "No. We are not nor have we ever been gods. Merely visitors, from a place that no longer exists. Teach that to my son. The most powerful lesson he must ever learn; Will be humility"

The holgram disperses, and behind it a capsule emblazoned with an impressively etched Z opens in four directions to reveal a chubby brown baby, eyes wet from tears as it's small toes kick, little hands grasping at the air for a hand to hold. Men, aren't born with a maternal instinct. But we do have something else. As john reached in and picked up the boy he felt his finger get squeezed, lifting the blanket to look in the boys eyes, the face quickly turning into a toothless smile. A man like John would never say it out loud, but it was safe to say he fell in love with this boy, His son. "What we gonna call you...?"

"I'm not a man with much imagination so....better be John Henry Jr..." Smiling he looks back into the pod to see the silver coloreed metal blinking inside, "Naw...how bout John Henry Irons."

"GAHha!"

"Take that as a yes"

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice :-) I see where this is going!

Shinigami_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shinigami_

Me like - Well thought out!

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice :-) I see where this is going!

thanks for reading it

I know I said the hologram was black but I wrote it with Crowes voice in my head lol

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lady_liberty
_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By _Xander_Slade_
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lady_liberty

@__zeus__: Oh I did not know that. Huge Clark fan but I've avoided learning anything about the movie so its all a surprise when I watch.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: Oh I did not know that. Huge Clark fan but I've avoided learning anything about the movie so its all a surprise when I watch.

:x

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: Hahaha thanks lol! I'm wanting to go mid next week sometime.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: Hahaha thanks lol! I'm wanting to go mid next week sometime.

Your gonna enjoy it. Wish I could say why but it's def the best Superman movie ever made

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Xander_Slade_

Me like - Well thought out!

Didn't even see this thanks man

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: I've been hearing great things. Which is wonderful, especially after the last Batman movie.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Xander_Slade_
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

This is really well done.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: Bane was good, the rest of the move was just acceptable. Slow paced for no reason because it was padded with all kinds of scenes that weren't needed at all.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Xander_Slade_

@lady_liberty: True, way longer than it needed to be. Lots of contradictions too. How did he get out of the plane and into italy? Lotta people forget he had his accounts frozen half way in.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lady_liberty

@__zeus__: Yeah really. The ending was just lame. The scene where he and the police charge Bane's men I remember thinking 'This is it?' And it just about was :-P Oh well. The second one will always be great.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: They realized they had something great with Ledger and focused on him, should have done the same with Bane in my opinion. Would have been better than all the other fluff and side plots.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Henry was beast in this. His incorporation into this story made it for me.

You gonna start using Steel as an av?

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: They realized they had something great with Ledger and focused on him, should have done the same with Bane in my opinion. Would have been better than all the other fluff and side plots.

Agree, 100%. I always thought they should've went more into his childhood than Talia's. Bane shouldn't be sold as a right hand man.

John Henry was beast in this. His incorporation into this story made it for me.

You gonna start using Steel as an av?

Thanks, I wanted to sell a black superman type without just being superman, who is black :P

alternating between him and Icon. Was mostly a plot device though lol

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: Plot device is great outside of battle threads lol good job though.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: The Talia twist surprised me so that was cool. But aside from that she wasn't really memorable or anything. I think it should have been Catwoman who betrayed him ;-)

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: In the moment I thought it was great but it's just not one of those movies that stand up the second time around. I tried to watch it the other day and zoned out until the stadium blew lol

That would've been way better. Or if they made the whole Catwoman persona fake and she was Talia, kinda like a certain other super movie? That've been crazy

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: That would have been an epic twist. Selena was just a persona to get close to Batman? Hahaha I would have loved that.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: That would have been an epic twist. Selena was just a persona to get close to Batman? Hahaha I would have loved that.

Psychologically she would've been the perfect snake in the grass

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: Totally. It would have devastated Bruce. That's another thing that bothered me. Bane defeating him didn't seem like all that big of a deal. Back broke.. rocky training sequence... motivational speech.. BAM! Back in action like nothing ever happened lol.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: Totally hahah! What kinda jet is he flying in lol.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: Totally hahah! What kinda jet is he flying in lol.

*Sticks spurs in supermans back*Woah boy! Almost forgot *throws rope down to murderers and rapists* Now we can go, Hi ho supuh!

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: @lady_liberty: Selina as a way to get to Bruce or an alter ego would have been a really intriguing twist. . But I would have hated it. I already hate what they've done to her in DCnU.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: I've not read any of her DCnU stuff.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROFL!!!!

He's gotta have a Bat-teleporter or something lol.

Whats funny is that might actually be the only explaination lmfao

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: When I think about it.. isn't Batman the most logical character to have teleporter pads in every major city?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: I'd say yeah any other time or any other format, but Nolan said flatout once that it's in its own U without anything beside batman's personal stories. It would explain how escaped the bomb though

What would REALLY be dope is if they casted Bale in the JL movie to do a flashback of supes or one of the JL members beaming him to the watchtower, then we find out he says 'I'm retiring...but someone can take my place.' It's already been said that JGL will play batman in it. Then they could maybe sell the RIP Batman story too. That'd make my 2015

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: I'll be sure to avoid it!

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: I agree with him completely. The Nolan 'verse thing worked pretty well. Kept the movies grounded. They had their problems of course, but removing all the 'super' stuff from the universe was for the best.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:

@__zeus__: @lady_liberty: Selina as a way to get to Bruce or an alter ego would have been a really intriguing twist. . But I would have hated it. I already hate what they've done to her in DCnU.

I meant she was never Selina to begin with

Like how there never was a mandarin in Iron Man 3

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: Yeah. I realized that reading back lol

And am pissed at myself for looking at that spoiler -___-

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: I agree with him completely. The Nolan 'verse thing worked pretty well. Kept the movies grounded. They had their problems of course, but removing all the 'super' stuff from the universe was for the best.

Oh yeah, we can all agree on that. Even the first movie in 89 knew better. Sh!t even the show in the 60's knew better lol

@mercy_ said:

@__zeus__: Yeah. I realized that reading back lol

And am pissed at myself for looking at that spoiler -___-

Should be more pissed you haven't see it yet :P

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lady_liberty

@__zeus__: Indeed. DCU was improved by Batman but Batman wasn't improved by the DCU. Even in the comics.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: Indeed. DCU was improved by Batman but Batman wasn't improved by the DCU. Even in the comics.

Well said. It's kind of ironic. Batman can't fit into the Detective Comics Universe lol

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: ...that is kinda messed up now that I think about it!

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: He was the foundation of the company, and pretty much still is.

If they just dropped the character of Batman the stock would fall so hard you could hear it hit the floor lol

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@__zeus__: Sooo true. He's like the Wolverine of DC. But at least he isn't on fifty teams.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By _Xander_Slade_

@lady_liberty: lol don't get it twisted, they got the idea from bats

Batman and thoutsider

Batman and the JLI

JLA

and like 15 others haha

arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By arquitenens

@__zeus__ said:

@lady_liberty:

That would've been way better. Or if they made the whole Catwoman persona fake and she was Talia, kinda like a certain other super movie? That've been crazy

Now I kinda wanna know what other you were talking about. No, wait, I think I know.

Like the John Henry mixing in the mythos. And, if this goes the way it may be going, I'll be seeing you.