Blind Target: The Price of Justice

Urban Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Urban Legend

It had started out like any other day for the jacked up Urban Legend, he had been scaling the rooftops of his favourite city New York allowing the city to guide his every move as it talked to him and guided his body and spirit. There had not been any sign of trouble in the city for a good couple of weeks which was suprising considering that New York was a hot spot for criminal activity especially the super villain kind, it just seemed to be one of those places were it all happened it was filled with heores and villains and had been for many years and now Urban was one of those protecting it. It was not just New York that he protected but any city that was in danger or cried for aid he would come but nothing had happened for a bit which in one way was relaxing and allowed Urban to clear his mind but in another way it was boring and he wanted a fight it kept his mind occupied but there was nothing so once again he sunk into a state of drug addiction, he was a hero but for as long as he could remeber Urban had been addicted to drugs and it was a major problem that could ruin him if anyone were to fid out.

A day had passed and Urban had found himself laying in his bead surrounded by needeles and small holes in his arms from were he had stuck them, there was also other equipment to prepare the drugs. Then as he was about to take another hit a small yet clear explosion was heard coming from somewhere down town. Urban saw this as the chance to get his mind back on track and away from the drugs. Urban had rushed to downtown to find a mysterios looking group with hi tech special equipment attacking New York and stealing valuable items. At first Urban had tried to reason with the people and talk about who they were and what they were doing but with no reply Urban warned them that if they did not answer his questions he would use force and they did reply with an attack of there own. After a long hard fight Urban found out only onething the name of there group, The Justice Department and before he could find out more they managed to get away.

All that had happened a few days ago and now Urban had found himself hiking through the amazon rain forest. After talking with the people of the villages he had found out that the people who attacked his city had een spotted inside the desilate jungle waistland. Urban had been hiking for a while but with darkness falling and rainfall spitting he had decided to make shelter and lay low for the night. He had found a clearing and as he had finished setting up a fire and was about to begin building a shelter he had found himself with a gun pointed towards him and a woman ordering him to turn around with his hands in the air in a sign of surrender. The woman claimed to be from the Justice Department and Urban did as she said, after a short conversation he had found out that who ever attacked New York was trying to set up the real Justice Department but Urban was convinced this was all a lie and the one thing that made him sure was that this Justice Department claimed to be good yet they were hunting him down as a wanted criminal.

Urban out of anger retaliated and attacked the woman who had been taking over by some mysterious alien like symbiote, after a long battle that destroed alot of the forest and let both of them in bad condition and most likely disturbed the others. Urban had managed to gain the upper hand and had found himself beating down on the woman without mercy but eventually he could see that she was not the bad guy and that she was taking control, he could see it in her eyes and her look told him that what she was saying was the truth. Now he needed to find the real culprits but he would need her help to do so. Urban got to his feet and helped her leading her over to the tree trunk to sit down, he wanted to also find out why he was being hunted.

I now believe you, who ever these people are they attacked my city and framed your people now i asking you please will you help me put these people away and another thing why exactly were you hunting me down?

Iron Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Iron Maiden

Many things have happened to Iron Maiden throughout her career with the Justice Department, but few shaped as much as her encounter with the man known as Urban Legend. She had been sent deep into the Amazon to recover him. He was what people from the Department called a "Blind Target", or a burgening superhuman in the Department's secret wanted list. It was said that he was quite powerful, but noone at the Department could recall ever hearing about any of his crimes. This worried Iron Maiden, because it meant one of two things: 1) she was dealing with a spook(someone who made they living in the Intell business, or 2)she was dealing with someone who kills everyone who comes after him. Either way, Iron Maiden knew she was gonna find herself in over her head. 

Visiting her friend, Diego Sanchez, a fomer Department agent turned Arms Trader. He was Iron Maiden's first partner when she first was bonded to the symbiote. He had the power to hypnotize with a simple glance. He had taught her everything he knew, first of all being, never find yourself lacking in the field. Kicking down Diego's door, Iron Maiden rushed into the small brownstone Diego had used as a storage bin. She knew he would charge her double for the weapons, ammo, and door, but she always had a way of haggling the price back down to normal. From the outside, the brownstone looked modest, far from wealthy, but once inside a person would be in awe. Handguns, RPG's SMG's, you name it, Diego had it.  Heading toward the backrooms where diego kept his more high-end weapons. Walking through the brownstone, Iron Maiden wondered if Diego knew that she was there, then laughed. Of course he did. You couldn't be part of the Intell and Arms business and not know everything that has to deal with what you have, want, know, and need to know.

Walking into a small room in the back of the first floor, Iron Maiden headed straight for a metallic briefcase, and opened it. Inside where two gold plated 50 cal. Desert Eagles. Diego had a thing for gold plated weapons. So did Iron Maiden. Pulling the 50 cals. from out of the briefcase and held them in her hands. They felt good to her. She loved the weight of a 50 cal. As her metallic symbiote crept down her arm and oozed over the gun. This was a normal thing. The symbiote was drawn to tghe metal of the gun. It needed to absorb it. Find out how it worked. It made it easier to hide once it had examined it.  Her symbiote could break down any metallic object and rematerialize it within seconds. She had yet to find what was the symbiote's limit, but she figured if she ever needed to find out, it would more than likely be a mission she wasn't coming back from. As the symbiote absorbed the Desert Eagles into itself, Iron Maiden could feel the added weight of the weapon and then just as suddenly as she felt it, it was gone. Next, on her weapons list was her favorite: the .380. Her father had a .380 when he worked for the Justice Department. It was the first gun she had ever shot, and always reminded her of her father. Then, she when looking for a pair of .45's, another of her favorites. Iron Maiden was always drawn to this gun. It was the first gun she carried as a agent for the Department befor they switched all agents to the modified .50 cal. After grabbing a bunch of clips of ammo, Iron Maiden exited the house and saw a light shining through the window from an apartment building across the street. Looking up at the light, Iron Maiden watched as the light began to flick off and on in a rapid and relaxed patterns. It was one of Diego's men. The message said Diego says, "Happy Hunting."

Hopping on a plane that very night, Iron Maiden found herself in South America the next day. It was beautiful, but Iron Maiden knew that she couldn't get caught up in the beauty which bombarded her. She was their on a mission, and she always caught her targets. The company had set her up with a contact by the name of Reymundo Ortiz. A nobody in the spook world, but a wiz at finding out top secret intell. Reymundo was allowed to work under the Department's radar as long as he gave their agents his services from time to time. This was one of those times. Reymundo was always happy to see Iron Maiden. This worried her. In the spook world, if people want you around, it's usually because they felt they could manipulate you to fit their whims. As Iron Maiden enters a small cafe, she spots Reymundo. A slander man in his mid-thirties, Reymundo was a man who enjoyed looking good. As he sat smuggly in his charcoal black Hugo Boss suit, Reymundo looked like a fish out of water. From the Prada pocket square to his black leather Prada foldables, he was in complete contrast the the slightly below blue-collar workers all around him. Seating down across from Reymundo, Iron Maiden raised her hand to stop him as he tried to start with some small talk. She didn't have time for it. Hell, even if she did, she'd never let him know. Reymundo slid a small map across the table to her, and without so much as a word, she was gone.

Exiting the cafe, Iron Maiden opened the map to find three circles spread over a large area of it. It always amazed her how Reymundo stayed in business when his intell was so simple to decode. Folding the map so that all she could see where the three circles, Iron Maiden took a pen out of the pocket of the cargo pants that she was wearing and drew a lines through the center of the circles into the lines all met each other. The Heart of the Amazon it was. Driving her rental jeep until she she was on the outskirts of the Jungle, Iron Maiden stripped out of the of her chothes and let the symbiote flow over her body turning her brown skin as shiny and bright as a sword glistening in the moonlight. She had come to think of the symbiote as part of her. It was bonded to her,and in a lot of ways they both needed each other to live a full life. Before being bonded with the symbiote, Iron Maiden was an average soldier stationed at in Iraq. During an intense firefight, she was hit four times and was paralyzed from the waist down. She had thought that her life was over. That's when the Justice Department contacted her. They offered her another chance to to live her life. to live her dreams. They offered her another chance to walk. And all she had to do was take part in a small study with an alien lifeform. jumping at the opportunity to reclaim her life, Iron Maiden was merged with a being composed of alien tech and DNA. At once, Iron Maiden could feel a change. Her body had healed itself of all the damage that it sustained when she became paralyzed. Her reflexes became quicker, her agility was on par wit the most agile of superhumans, her strength was increased to tremendous levels ans well as her speed, durability,and her natural affinity for acrobatics. Later, she learned to control to symbiote to it's full extent, even learning how to make it cover her body like armor. Sheathe in the gleaming symbiote, Iron Maiden took off running into the dense folliage of the Amazon.

Stopping to gain her bearings, Iron Maiden spotted smoke and made her way toward the area with 50 cal. ready to shoot on sight. Once at the site, Iron Maiden spotted her target and trained her gun on him. Then in a unforeseen turn of events, her symbiote had taken over and began to attack her target. Unable to fend off the abilities of her mark as well as fighting to regain control of the symbiote, Iron Maiden was finally able to regain control, but not without giving Urban Legend the upper hand in their fight. As he began to pummel her, Iron Maiden could fell his punches more and more through the symbiote. Then the man stopped. and helped her over to stump so that she could rest and recooperate. After giving her a few moments to regain her wits, Urban Legend began to speak.

I now believe you, who ever these people are they attacked my city and framed your people now i asking you please will you help me put these people away and another thing why exactly were you hunting me down?

Staring up at Urban Legend, Iron Maiden began to speak.

My name is Iron Maiden. I was sent to bring you back to the states. I don't know who gave to order but you are a priority one assignment, and I'm just the first agent of The Justice Department to come after you. If we don't act quickly, they'll be over sixty superhumans after you. We have about fourty-eight hours,  then they'll be expecting me to inform them of the mission status.

Urban Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Urban Legend

Urban stood there towering over the woman looking into her eyes awaiting a response to his question. The canope rooftops was being hit with a constant down pour of rain as Urban could feel somewhere deep down that a tropical storm was aproaching. Light was beginning to shift into darkness and the fire that shone so bright and burned so great had now gone out. Only a small amount of light remained in the amazon which made it hard to see what was infront of you, Urban knew what ever the scenario that both him and this mysterious woman would have to spend the night here. It was getting colder and colder the more nightfall came. Urban was shivering from the cold so to keep himself warm he began to rub his chest and let his arms take care of themselves. He was feeling uneasy about being here infact he felt uneasy about everything that had gone on since the attack. The only reasons he could think of why this Justice Department was hunting was because of his drug addiction but this group seemed to big to deal with a drug addict unless they wated to ruin his reputation either that or they were planning something much deeper.

Urban's mind wondered to the symbiote that had taking over the woman and had nearly put Urban to death, obviously there was a reason why she had that symbiote grafted to her and Urban wondered did these people want the same thing with him to make him some kind of experiment to serve a team and host a parasite that may take over him. It was now incredibly dark and seeing anything was near impossible, Urban found it hard to see and his close had become plastered to his body, his hair draped over his face and eyes. His shivering was becoming worse not because of the cold but because he could feel the urge coming he needed a hit but he couldnt risk taking any drugs while she was around. His head was spinning and his eyes were changing to something more animal like. Urban tried to keep his mind on track but it was hard his world was closing in he couldnt breath and the walls around him were getting closer and closer.

My name is Iron Maiden. I was sent to bring you back to the states. I don't know who gave to order but you are a priority one assignment, and I'm just the first agent of The Justice Department to come after you. If we don't act quickly, they'll be over sixty superhumans after you. We have about fourty-eight hours,  then they'll be expecting me to inform them of the mission status.

Urban managed to regain some form of composure so he could take in what the woman who called herself Iron Maiden was saying. If she didnt know who ordered his capture and if she was just the first of many assinged to hunt him down then whatever conspiracy was going down it ran deep maybe to deep for Urban to get back from if he dived in head first but there was no other way. It was obvious by her tone and body language that she had no idea what was going on herself. Urban had seen many orgnizations like this before but it was mostly reading it in books, Agents being sent to capture or take down some target for lies that was fed to them not having a clue just what was really going on behind the cutain. The people behind the scenes the ones who controlled it all were those who controled it all who had there hand in every pot and were the only ones who knew the real reasons behind all of this. Now he had to prorities the first was finding the fake group who set up the real Justice Department and take them down and then find out why he was being hunted and just what was going on because the pieces didnt seem to fit. Urban sat down and began to think burying his face in his hands he couldnt believe that sixty superhumans would be after him. Why him what had he done and why that many there had to be a reason but what could it be. Urban tilted his head to one side.

Radio in that you have caught me and that there is no reason to send anymore people, tell them that you have me captured and secured in the amazon. Tell them that because of darkness and a tropical storm you wont be able to get me back to the states untill 3 days time that should give us enough time to find the group who were setting up your Justice Department. There is something running much deeper than both of us know, i need some questions answered and by god im going to get some answers.

Urban stood back up and by feel and little light he began to build a shelter only the lightning that hit every now and again made it easier than it should have been. Urban finished building a fire and layed down for the night, his body kept shivering and he couldnt get to sleep, he had to wait for morning before he could go in search of answers. Urban looked at Maiden obvious that he was suffering from his drug addiction, curling up in a ball he decided to get his mind of the drugs by talking to her.

So tell me about yourself 

Iron Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Iron Maiden

As Iron Maiden sat on the stump awaiting Urban Legend's reply, she watched as he buried his face in his hands. He was a very odd man. He had enough power to take her out, but he also posessed a heart that wouldn't allow him to do it. There was no way that this man could be a priority one assignment. He was so below that that Iron Maiden began to wonder where the order to capture him came from. Usually, priority one order came from one of two sources: The C.I.A. or The F.B.I.. There must have been something more to this. Iron Maiden needed for there to be something more to this. If she could only get through to her handler.

At that moment, Urban Legend spoke in a voice full of even enough strength that it shocked Iron Maiden.

Radio in that you have caught me and that there is no reason to send anymore people, tell them that you have me captured and secured in the amazon. Tell them that because of darkness and a tropical storm you wont be able to get me back to the states untill 3 days time that should give us enough time to find the group who were setting up your Justice Department. There is something running much deeper than both of us know, i need some questions answered and by god im going to get some answers.

After speaking, Urban Legend began to take a few steps back and began to make himself shelter to weather the storm raging all around them. As she continued to watch him, she molled over the plan of action he wished her to take. It was not only risky, but one which could backfire very easily. Operatives of the Justice Department were trained to get in, take out their target, and get out. If even one person believed she to be lacking, she would be hunted right along with Urban Legend. They would make it seem as if she could be turned, and be forcede to retire. And her business, retirement meant death. Shaking the thought from her mind, Iron Maiden went back to watching Urban Legend work. This time he was creating a fire. Thoughts of simply killing him and going back to life racied through her mind, but she was a woman of honor, and someone who prouded herself on doing what was right even if she didn't always know what that was.

Just then, Urban Legend's voice brought her back to the real world. This time was dirrerent than before though. Thjis time his voice was racked with pain, and a hunger. For what Iron Maiden had no idea, but she would learn more about him as they traveled together. She was sure of it.

So tell me about yourself.

Looking at Urban as he was huddled in his makeshift shelter, Iron Maiden crossed her legs and thought about how many different ways she could answer him. The Justice Department had taught her to never tell anyone of her past. Not even her co-agents. Everyone was a possible snake in the grass. Everyone played the game in her world. Bluff and Counter-Bluff, Attempted Assassinations, you name it, they did it. If she told him the truth, she would be bonded to him the same way she was to the symbiote. She wasn't sure if she could risk it. Standing up from the stump, Iron Maiden walked over toward the makeshift shelter which housed Urban Legend and sat down in front of him. Staring into his eyes, Iron Maiden began to remember what it was like to look in the eyes of someone who wasn't in the spook world. Someone who wasn't out to gain power or influence over others. Looking into Urban Legend's, she was brought back to that time. The man was dangerous. Of that, she had no doubt, but the man was also just that a man. A man who was in over his head. Hunted for reasons that him more than likly didn't even know. A man who deserved to be protected. Iron Maiden just wished she could promise they would both walk away from this in one piece.

Allowing the symbiote to retract from her face, she allowed herself to look deeply into Urban Legend's eyes with her own. The symbiote was good for many things, but the only way to truly connect with Urban Legend in her mind was to show him she was willing trust him. As the symbiote melted her her face, her dark brown locks revealed themselves, as well as her green eyes. As piercing as the brightest emerald was what her father would say when he looked into her eyes. Her slightly upturned nose, and high cheekbones were the next thing visible as the symbiote melted away all the way down until it was  just under her full, pink lips.

Iron Maiden is my agency name. I was born in Texas, but raised in Washington D.C.  My parents were Army brat, and in turn, I was the same. I was hurt badly in a mission overseas and lost the use of my legs. The Justice Department gave me a second chance at a new life. They gave me my legs back. They led me to believe that I was fighting the good fight. You know, come to think of it, I think I've always known they weren't completely on the level, but I was so grateful that they gave me back my legs that I would just blindly go along with whatever they wanted me to do. I'm not scared any more. I'm going to help you, but I need to know what we're going to be up against. I have a friend we can go to once we get stateside. He should have all the intell we need, as well as weaponary. Sleep tight, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.

At once the symbiote covered her face and Iron Maiden stood to walk away, but stopped and looked down at Urban Legend.

Oh, and we can't take your course of action. If I call them and give them an excuse, they'd just tell me to kill you. Then, they'd kill me for making excuses when on a priority one assignment. You've just crossed over into a world of Spies, Spooks, and Ex-Intel types. They're all lying, conniving, back-stabbing rat bastards who I wouldn't trust as far as I could spit a brick. However, that don't mean we can't use them. See you in the morning.

Urban Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Urban Legend

Urban lay there huddled with in his own body in an attempt to gain some kind of body heat and also keep what little body heat he had left coursing through his body. This was proving difficult and it was proving difficult because of three reasons, the first reason was being in the amazon in the middle of a tropical storm and torrential rainfall made things extremly cold and the fact that he didnt get to put up the shelter earlier the floor in which he lay his body on was now damp so the cold moist ground was sending chills all around his body. The second reason was the lack of drugs inside his body, if he needed a hit he would do it and that would bring new energy to his body but now his body had went much longer with out drugs than it was used to. He was trying to keep his body under control and was only able to do this through a test of extreme willpower without it his body wouyld have been alot colder would have shivered alot more and it was likely he would have entered a state of shock. The final reason was being away from a city enviroment made his body confused as to what to do, he needed a city they were like the mother and father he never had like his family, they fed him when he needed feeding they kept him warm when he was cold and they guided him whenhe needed guidence.

Maiden crossed her legs and looked at Urban, he could tell she was having a dificult time figuring out what to say her answer was taking much longer than what his qestion entitiled. Urban really didnt blame her he didnt expect her to reveal everything about herself and the life she led. If she was apart of this world he had been threw in head first then she would just be as secretive as everyhting else that had gone on. The question was would she tell him the truth about what she told him or would it all be lies to keep him sweet and keep him in check so that she could lead him on and play the game her own way and under her own control. Urban began to think what would stop her from putting a bullet in his head when he fell a sleep so now he had another reason not to sleep this stormy night. Turning to face her Urban watched as the symbiote rtracted from her face revealing her emerald green eyes that looked deep with in his own showing some form of trust which made him feel a little easier but still he had to be careful. Her brown locks of hair swayed and fell as the symbiote removed itself and finallh her full pink lips were showing, she was actually kind of pretty underneath than monsterous symbiote that earlier was trying to kill him.

Iron Maiden is my agency name. I was born in Texas, but raised in Washington D.C.  My parents were Army brat, and in turn, I was the same. I was hurt badly in a mission overseas and lost the use of my legs. The Justice Department gave me a second chance at a new life. They gave me my legs back. They led me to believe that I was fighting the good fight. You know, come to think of it, I think I've always known they weren't completely on the level, but I was so grateful that they gave me back my legs that I would just blindly go along with whatever they wanted me to do. I'm not scared any more. I'm going to help you, but I need to know what we're going to be up against. I have a friend we can go to once we get stateside. He should have all the intell we need, as well as weaponary. Sleep tight, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.

Urban lay there resting his head against his hand and listened to every word she had to say, it was a way to keep his mind off one thing and onto another. Urban was beginning to understand more to why she had that symbiote grafted to her body. A moment of feeling useless and weak can lead people to do things they would never do unless such an event occured. Urban thought to himself could he make the same decision that she did, he had no idea what was going through her mind or what was when she had to make that desicion but he respected her even more because of it. Could he give up his own life lead a life of secrecy and double crossing just to gain something he lost and to fight the good fight. Urban would go and meet her friend in order to gather weaponry although he didnt need it but he did need intel on what he was dealing with. Urban already did not trust this man he was set to meet but if it got him further to the truth he would play the game her way for now. Maiden got up and walked away as the symbiote yet again covered her face but she stopped and looed back at Urban.

Oh, and we can't take your course of action. If I call them and give them an excuse, they'd just tell me to kill you. Then, they'd kill me for making excuses when on a priority one assignment. You've just crossed over into a world of Spies, Spooks, and Ex-Intel types. They're all lying, conniving, back-stabbing rat bastards who I wouldn't trust as far as I could spit a brick. However, that don't mean we can't use them. See you in the morning.

Urban thought this was great now he didnt trust anyone even more. Now he had her own life to think about even she was in danger in all of this. This was a world you would have loved to get into as a kid being a top secret spy would have been cooler if he was 6 and had a different life but now he was regretting being the hero of New York that day. Urban turned to his other side and pretended to fall a sleep but he never did, he was to cold suffering to much and didnt trust a thing. He could feel himself on edge and having no drugs only made things worse. He lay there most of the night completly awake. Urban thought why didnt she ask him about his life did she not want to know or did she already know everythign about him. Eventually morning came and light came out at this point the rain had stopped but how long it would stay like this he didnt really know. Urban sat up and looked around, his stomach began to rumble luckily he had brought some sandwitches so he gathered and started to eat. Urban just paced round the campsite thinking on how they could use her people to benifit them. he had no idea where he was going so he waited for Maiden to lead the way.

Your friend can we trust him because i have no problem taking him out should he double cross us. After that Urban waited for her to take him to there next destination and onto the next chapter of the story.